• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

I just started watching the stream. Has it been going down after music plays?

If so, that may not be the streamers fault. It could be YouTube's aggressive ContentID system automatically shutting down the stream when it detects a copyrighted song. I've been researching this issue recently.

ckohler

What's the smallest amount I need to pledge in order to get access to the new episode(s)? The Kickstarter page is a little confusing.

daveo42

Banned
We have smashed the day one total. We can do this. These VHX guys aren't handling the stream right?

I'm assuming their stream is built out of shoestring, bubblegum, duct tape, and a few strands of Professor Bobo's hair. I've heard the VHX guys will at least have access to a 28.8 modem, but only between midnight and 1am.

Will say this, Veronica Mars kicked MST3K's ass in number of backers. Just checked and they have over 90,000.

Think we are seeing lot better value, 13 episodes of a show vs. a single movie. Even if the campaign doesn't beat Mars, it should show the power of its fans and what they can do with so little

ckohler

It might have to be something in content id, so I'm not sure it'll trigger for unique songs.

The song owner (or a scrupulous company) would have already needed to have placed a ContentID for it to trigger. So, not all songs will cause it. But if, say for example, Paul and Storm put a ContentID in for their song it could kill the live stream. Or if another similar sounding song trigged a false-positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom