• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryph

I read that article on Youtube voice and now I can't stop paying attention to they way all those guys talk...

(If people are interested: Link Here)

Also, congrats on beating veronica folks.

The Veronica Mars limit has been broken.

I repeat: the Veronica mars limit has been broken.

Kickstarter are like "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON NOW HOLY SHIT"

Amazing. I honestly never thought it would beat the Veronica Mars total. Shame it doesn't have the same number of backers, but I'll totally take beating the dollar amount.

Seriously. Amazing.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
They've gotten a bit better at switching from site to site and the show is going smoother, if only they could get mic volume consistent.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amazing. I honestly never thought it would beat the Veronica Mars total. Shame it doesn't have the same number of backers, but I'll totally take beating the dollar amount.

Seriously. Amazing.

I seem to remember Veronica Mars' kickstarter making a much bigger push for small donations, and getting a lot of national press, which would help the numbers.

Be great if MST3K beating the Kickstarter Record got some buzz on the news.

Okay well, I just pledged enough to be a writer on an episode of MST3K. I just couldn't not. I sat in my chair thinking of how I could afford it, and came up with easy ways to do it, and in the end felt that ...my god, what an awesome experience that will be. I'll try to describe to GAF what it's all like as its happening. After decades as a fan, and many years hosting bad movie nights, I'm gonna learn what it's like to be on the other side of the riff.

Someone hit the 5k donate instead of $50.
*Blushes sheepishly*

daveo42

Banned
People might have just pledged a lot of money to get it over 5.7mil, only backing out or down their bids after the fact.

Another trip into the weird? Yup.

Okay well, I just pledged enough to be a writer on an episode of MST3K. I just couldn't not. I sat in my chair thinking of how I could afford it, and came up with easy ways to do it, and in the end felt that ...my god, what an awesome experience that will be. I'll try to describe to GAF what it's all like as its happening. After decades as a fan, and many years hosting bad movie nights, I'm gonna learn what it's like to be on the other side of the riff.

*Blushes sheepishly*

Holy shit that is awesome dude!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Haha that's awesome -- sounds like a perfect fit!

I can't wait for the episode you work on. Thank you thank you thank you. I live vicariously through your generosity.

*Blushes sheepishly*

I'm gonna quote you so I can tell my friends I had a conversation with an MST3K writer. Congratulations, that will be amazing.

*Blushes sheepishly*

Congrats man! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and imo a no-brainer if you can afford it.

*Blushes sheepishly*

You are the man!

pirata

14 episodes possible? Hell yeah! I hope to the gods that networks/streaming services take notice. Me insisting to Mary Jo Pehl years ago that tons of people my age had gotten into the show and would support a come-back is paying off!

I doubt that had any influence on what's happening now, but I did what I could!

*Blushes sheepishly*

Congrats! That is awesome that you can participate like that! Immensely jealous, but also super happy that someone who is a fan of the show can participate in such a fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom