• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they'd update the add on total. It'd help us know if 6.3 is remotely plausible. I'm thinking not. But... who saw this much coming in today.

Paste reporting:

MST3K Becomes the Biggest Crowd-Funded Video Project in Internet History

Mystery Science Theater 3000 smashed through all known barriers Friday night to prove itself the king of geeky TV when its total on Kickstarter soared past $6 million. The show, which went off the air in 1999, became the most successful crowdfunded video project of all time, surpassing the Veronica Mars movie, which previously held the title with $5.7 million.

The MST3k project’s ultimate goal had been $5.5 million to produce a new, 12-episode season of the cult series, in an attempt to prove to various networks or online streamers that there was a demand for the bad movie riffing series to return. This could not possibly have been proven more conclusively, as the minimum $2 million goal was immediately overcome. In the last 72 hours in particular, donations to the Kickstarter have been flying fast and furious, taking it well beyond any of the earlier projections. At the time of this writing, more than 47,000 people (including myself) have donated to the cause.

I really hope they stay away from the Tim & Eric/Aqua Teen type humor with the new show. I get that this is just a little telethon segment and not an indicator but still.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
RIFFTRAX IS ADDING MORE FREE RIFFTRAX TO $35 and $85 tiers!

I know, but bumping nearly 50% doesn't seem like something we can be certain of.

If this kickstarter makes it to 5.75m, then with the reproted add-on, that gets them to 6.2m.

I don't think there being 100k more in add-on bonuses today is all that out of the realm of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom