• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: NA starcraft II tournamanet

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
gg to Flux (MisterAnderson). he smoked me 3 nil but he was very helpful afterwards with some great advice.

same to Alumnus who observed. tons of really great constructive criticism. it was fun.

hobart

slavik and I are currently working on a time convenient to the both of us as we were both unavailable at multiple points during the weekend.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hobart said:
slavik and I are currently working on a time convenient to the both of us as we were both unavailable at multiple points during the weekend.
no problem, just gives me time to be lazy before your cast. :lol

hobart

you are casting all games? lemme kno if you need a partner for a couple... i wanna start practicing. we can sync up and dual cast over skype. not all of em... just a couple.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im casting one game from each round. atleast. will do all games for semi and finals probably. i think zeal did say hed cocast with me for the finals aswell. feel free to grab some replays and take a crack at em tho. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hobart said:
what programs do you use?
fraps to record.
camtasia to put it together and encode.

you could use virtuadub to encode, but camtasia has the watermark tool thingy, so i use that.

Keikaku

Pandaman said:

Thanks man!

Yeah, I'm a Bronze level player so your analysis is really helpful. My over-expansion woes are easy to see and having those pointed is really helpful. Lots of improvements to make which I'll get to work on.

Keikaku

I just wanted to say that I just got promoted to Silver League (Rank 11, to boot!) after winning my last match.

The win was, in large part, due to following Pandaman's advice about making sure to saturate my econ lines and better management of how to pull workers off my mineral line to my gas once it went up. Small things, but I noticed a dramatic increase in my available resources AND I was able to hold off harassment better too! Didn't place as many stupid cannons either :D

Thanks Pandaman!

joelseph

Datwheezy said:
Thanks for the shout-out! Nice game Joelseph, and thanks for filling in for me on such short notice.

No problem, hope you are feeling better. I look forward to participating in future tournaments.

Are we going to have a Silver/Gold tournament after Bronze wraps up? I would be willing to help out.

Slavik81

I don't see Hobart around yet, but I'll be online all night. I tried to set up a match for 8pm, but he wanted to do it sooner (presumably because he wasn't going to be around then). Unfortunately, I didn't get home until about 7.

We'll see. If he's actually around, I'm sure he'll demolish me, since he's two leagues above me and has played quite a few more matches.

UGH. and Battlenet's is timing out on match creation... It sounds like BNet's going through some troubles today.... And the guy I was playing against while waiting just dropped out of the match. I'm going to presume that was also Battlenet.

hobart

Salvik... dunno where yer at. Tried a PM... hopefully yer around enough to check boards. I should be on another couple hours. Lemme kno.

Kamillio

Neo Member
Orangepeel said:
kamillo if you're free I can probably play our match in an hour or so tonights.

Ah, sorry. Was busy tonight. I am free tomorrow night and Wednesday, though. Let me know what's a good time for you and I'll add you as a friend when I get the chance.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FromTheFuture said:
Hey Panda, what software do you use to do your commentaries? I would like to try my hand at shoutcasting as well!
i record with fraps.
encode and add the watermark with camtasia.
but virtuadub can do the same stuff as camtasia for free, so all you need is a recording program like fraps.

Kamillio said:
Ah, sorry. Was busy tonight. I am free tomorrow night and Wednesday, though. Let me know what's a good time for you and I'll add you as a friend when I get the chance.
Umm I may have fallen asleep right after that post anyways :lol sorry, But almost all day today I'm available.

Pandaman said:
strife Vs Flux:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pS7CIavyLc

Xenien Vs TheDrizzle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTF6PPIQNm8

the second round of the north american tournament started this morning, woo!
round 2 goes until 11:59 this coming friday, enjoy folks. ^^
two more round 1 casts incoming.
:lol "The map is... this one" but thanks for the commentaries on all the games Panda!

To the players: What map is that ? looks interesting..

EDIT: you have the food you have the money you have the ggs :lol

and @TheDrizzle: no worries, i def. played a lot worse on my game

Zen

Banned
DreadTheUnDead said:
:lol "The map is... this one" but thanks for the commentaries on all the games Panda!

To the players: What map is that ? looks interesting..

EDIT: you have the food you have the money you have the ggs :lol

and @TheDrizzle: no worries, i def. played a lot worse on my game

I laughed so many times watching that. :lol

The map is called 'Burial Grounds', FYI. It didn't even really register with me that my first natural expo was my natural, I remember looking over at it and going 'ew', then opting to take the other one. :lol

Vaporak

valenti said:
Good question..cuz lost temple is a 2v2

Lost Temple is in the 1v1 map rotation so I think it's fine, but I was also under the impression that only the maps in the 1v1 ladder rotation were allowed.

Yaweee

Vaporak said:
Lost Temple is in the 1v1 map rotation so I think it's fine, but I was also under the impression that only the maps in the 1v1 ladder rotation were allowed.

Yeah, that's what I meant, 1v1 Ladder rotation. I don't recognize the map that Drizzle and Xenien played on.

hobart

It's not my tournament... but if both parties are ok with the map selected, I don't see an issue. If, however, the other person was forced into playing on a map thinking the other player could select anything... well then that's a problem.

Vaporak

Pandaman said:
you can select anything but the novice maps, you can play on the 8 player map if you want.

By anything you mean we at least have to keep it limited to blizzard made melee maps right? >.>
I don't want someone suddenly challenging me to a tower defense map. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
By anything you mean we at least have to keep it limited to blizzard made melee maps right? >.>
I don't want someone suddenly challenging me to a tower defense map. :lol
oh yea, ofcourse. ^^

Top Bottom