• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: NA starcraft II tournamanet

Also yeah, just to make sure you know Panda, I'm Random (Flux) not Terran. I only say that because at the end of the commentary on Steppes of War you wished me luck in the tourney but "not really cause I'm Terran" or something like that :lol

And yeah I think playing on 8 player maps is a little much, I didn't realize that was the rules I thought it was Steppes, Blistering and Temple? Maybe I need to learn to read :(

Yaweee

GGs. I'll comment on them later. Didn't expect to random Terran all three games...

Just a warning to anyone that watches them: Terran is my least played race, so I'm really, really bad at managing my SCVs. Behold how many I have standing around doing nothing! (In the third game it is kind of intentional, though)

Zen

Banned
Me either. :lol

I'm watching them now, It's pretty clear who the better player is, and it's totally helpful to have some good examples externalized, so thanks for that. It's a shame that you were never Protoss or Zerg.

GGs

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

i win:
game 1: zeal wins, 4gate vs muta ling.
game 2: zeal wins, DT rush vs roach queen
game 3: panda wins, hydra/ling vs zeal/immort
game 4: panda wins, 2gate wall off vs nydus ling.
game 5: panda wins, muta ling vs 4gate.

Vaporak

Good games were had between myself and Water. PvP is so exciting. :D

I went 3-1 against water, losing the first game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
1 person in every top 8 set have finished.
clearly our opponenets are slackers! how will you defeat us with that attitude!

Hey guys, Flux here. Something came up and I had to go out of town yesterday and today. I'm going to start my trek back but I probably won't be back until sometime Saturday. If I could have an extension or something for the second game I'd appreciate it, and if not then I understand.

Kamillio

Neo Member
Yeah no problem, I can play tonight at like 10PM EST, I'll be online.

Also, I am going on a trip to Myrtle Beach tomorrow night for one week, I will be bringing my laptop, however I am not sure there will be free internet access at the place I am staying. So I might be without SC2 until the 28th. I understand the maximum time to play your match is 6 days with the extension so if I can't get online at all next week it's up to my opponent (if I even make it to next round :lol ) and Panda whether or not I will still be able to participate. If I don't make any posts this next week then there's a good chance I can't play.

And if I lose my match with orangepeel then you can just ignore all of this :D

Feep said:
Hey, GAF, I casted my first ever game!

I say some stupid shit in the beginning (and I keep calling Drones "Probes", damn my Protoss roots), but I think I did okay. I did a really quick-and-dirty encoding just to get it up before I leave for a party, but I'll put up a higher quality version when I get home.

Tell me what you think!

ZealousD v. PandaMan, NeoGAF NA Starcraft II tournament, Second Round, Game 5

Nicely done. I commented on the youtube page :p

mcrae

Feep said:
Hey, GAF, I casted my first ever game!

I say some stupid shit in the beginning (and I keep calling Drones "Probes", damn my Protoss roots), but I think I did okay. I did a really quick-and-dirty encoding just to get it up before I leave for a party, but I'll put up a higher quality version when I get home.

Tell me what you think!

ZealousD v. PandaMan, NeoGAF NA Starcraft II tournament, Second Round, Game 5

near the end you mentioned panda had triple the income of zealous, even though at the time it was only 1100 minerals vs 700 on the income tab :p

good cast though

Feep

Banned
mcrae said:
near the end you mentioned panda had triple the income of zealous, even though at the time it was only 1100 minerals vs 700 on the income tab :p

good cast though
Yeah, I looked up at the counter and it was 400, and then I started to say that sentence, and then in the time it took me to say that sentence it rocketed up to 700, :lol :lol

I have a Water v. Vaporak battle uploading now

good game good cast.

something Zeal did actually made think of a question. when the
muta harass was going on at the natural, ZD casted 3 guardian shields, so im wondering... do those stack or was it just a reaction in a hot-spot type thing ?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DreadTheUnDead said:
good game good cast.

muta harass was going on at the natural, ZD casted 3 guardian shields, so im wondering... do those stack or was it just a reaction in a hot-spot type thing ?
reaction thing, or he was planning to split them up.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the second round is technically done now, but we have 4 pairs missing.

good to hear from you kmills, did you manage to meat up with orange? i hope you have an enjoyable vacation.

also i saw wedge on last night but alumnus wasnt around. i also saw ter and flux, did you guys manage to get your games in aswell?

havent seen optimo or escapingjail, can you guys check in? :(

Yaweee

This next round is going to have a ton of close matches, I suspect. Has everybody that's advanced so far been in the Beta or in the BW group of sad people that couldn't get into the beta at first? I recognize everybody as frequent posters.

Vaporak

Yaweee said:
This next round is going to have a ton of close matches, I suspect. Has everybody that's advanced so far been in the Beta or in the BW group of sad people that couldn't get into the beta at first? I recognize everybody as frequent posters.

Can't speak for the others, but I played Broodwar and the beta, though I did't play Broodwar very seriously.

mcrae

DreadTheUnDead said:
good game good cast.

when i have a toss army that i know isn't guaranteed to win, and that there is a good chance that my little orb spellcaster guys will die, i'll spam guardian shield just so im sure its up for the entirety of the fight, instead of just using it on one unit and having it die immediately. so maybe zealous thought the mutas were going to stay and fight.

Kamillio

Neo Member
Unfortunately I had a last minute RL commitment last night when orange and I were about to play, so I apologize to you orange.

When I signed up for the tournament I had no solidified plans to go on vacation, but now that I'm heading out tonight and I have work all day I think it's time I bowed out gracefully. I doubt I will have time to play next week and since round 2 is technically over already I don't want to delay this tournament any further.

So thanks again Panda for hosting and thanks to Keikaku and Orangepeal for working with me in setting up our matches and being nice in general. If it's at all possible perhaps Keikaku can take my spot and play orange in round 2 instead? I feel bad to be bailing out of the tourney so unexpectedly but hey that's life. GL to everyone in the next round! :D

Pandaman said:
the second round is technically done now, but we have 4 pairs missing.

good to hear from you kmills, did you manage to meat up with orange? i hope you have an enjoyable vacation.

also i saw wedge on last night but alumnus wasnt around. i also saw ter and flux, did you guys manage to get your games in aswell?

havent seen optimo or escapingjail, can you guys check in? :(

Were doing our games on sunday

Yaweee said:
=)

Wedge is like 900 rating in Diamond. I find that horrifying.

I'm really looking forward to their (Alum/wedge) game, and then the one with whoever wins against you. I think they'll both be pretty awesome sets. All three of you are great players.

wedge def. got lucky against me in round 1 though. I swear I had him! :lol

EDIT: just reread mine and it sounds like i meant that one of them is going to beat you, i meant the ones that wins their game, and then plays against you

Terproerg

Me and flux played our series. I dont have the replays anymore though flux does. i forgot to upload em :\ and played too many games with my friend.

Yaweee

Still no word from Alumnus and Wedge?

Any verdict on extending the second round or any DQs? too many people are holding up the tournament =(

I feel like I blew my wad after the first two. The third one was clearly a mess for me, and I sorta just bumbled my way into victory in the last game.

gg's

Wedge7

Hrm, gonna try and play my match vs Alumnus tonight hopefully.

Its kinda been tough, as every time I'm on, hes offline, and I guess every time he's online, I've been offline. Everytime I log on, its like, logged off 30 mins ago or whatever, so I always just seem to miss him.

Hopefully we'll both be on later.

EDIT - Incase of any DQ`s for taking too long which is completely understandable, I think I should get DQèd, as I think Alumnus initially wanted to play earlier in the week, but I thought we had alot of time and put it off. So the onus is on me. Plus, he is the reigning champ :p

Wedge7

Ah, just finished our games

gg`s to alumnus, he`ll be putting up the replays

Lets just say the matches were somewhat, anti-climatic, there was a severe beatdown laid out, and it wasn`t by me :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
aww, i was betting on escapingjails avatar for the win. ;_;

gg's. ^^

and since kmills is now on vacation without hearing from him [he opted to give up his spot], i will be advancing orangepeel on to the next round.

which means all third round games are now set!

Top Bottom