• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto 3 GC: new 3vs3, new Combination SP move, DS Naruto etc

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Crazymoogle said:
Well, the graphics have improved for a Naruto GC game AGAIN. Pretty cool stuff.

How can you say that based on that scan? It looks like Naruto 2.

Lyte Edge said:
How can you say that based on that scan? It looks like Naruto 2.

I'm looking at the character modelling and toon shader. The improvements in rendering and character assembly look fairly clear to me, but maybe that's because I'm trained to look for that sort of thing. *shrug*

aoi tsuki

They've probably locked the framerate at 30fps to accomodate everything. Naruto 2 was a pretty constand 60, but some, if not all specials dropped it down to 40fps.

aoi tsuki said:
They've probably locked the framerate at 30fps to accomodate everything. Naruto 2 was a pretty constand 60, but some, if not all specials dropped it down to 40fps.

I could definitely see that happening. 3vs3 with no easily discernable detail drop + special attacks would be a substantial performance hit.

DrDogg

Any release date for Naruto 3 yet? All I've heard is Fall. I'm also wondering if they'll add some depth to it. Naruto 2 was the best anime-based fighter I've ever played, but it's still nothing compared to real fighting games.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Hey that's cool. Nice info about Naruto DS at TGS. I didn't expect to see any NDS games at TGS, (expected Touch World to be their debut) but we've got at least three showing up.

This 3v3 thing looks more like a team battle.
I hope the game will be released soon, I loved Naruto 2.
I put my jopes in a better character balancing because Orochimaru was way too powerful in Naruto 2, I had no trouble beating 3 enemies with him :)

GO

DrDogg

2v2 wasn't team battle so I don't see why 3v3 would be. You can just switch on the fly to the character you want. Balancing would be good though. Rock Lee was broken, Oro was broken... Kyubi Naruto was broken in the right hands...

Has there been any word on a release date?

Also, do we have a full character list? I've seen they're adding (forgive my spelling) Juriya and Tamari...

DrDogg

I want a Naruto fighting game with eveyone, and I mean everyone. From the 1st to the pig, to all of Kakashi's dogs to Shikamaru's mom. :D

Hero

I expect every major character in the anime will be a playable character.

Jiraiya, Chouji, and Temari were revealed so far. I imagine they would put TenTen and Tsunade in just to flesh out the whole '3v3' team thing.

Here's hoping to 3rd Hokage, Itachi, and Kabuto being it in as well. Supposedly more will be revealed at TGS.

Hero said:
I expect every major character in the anime will be a playable character.

Jiraiya, Chouji, and Temari were revealed so far. I imagine they would put TenTen and Tsunade in just to flesh out the whole '3v3' team thing.

Here's hoping to 3rd Hokage, Itachi, and Kabuto being it in as well. Supposedly more will be revealed at TGS.
They do need to flesh out all the "kid teams." I'd be happy if they put in Sound as well, but I don't see that happening.

Hero said:
Yeah, Orochimaru was pretty broken.

I agree. They need to tone him down for this one.

But yeah, I wonder how this will work. Will it be tag based? Will it be like KOF where you set up 3 fighters in a set row? I just really hope they aren't AI controlled.

DrDogg said:
2v2 wasn't team battle so I don't see why 3v3 would be. You can just switch on the fly to the character you want. Balancing would be good though. Rock Lee was broken, Oro was broken... Kyubi Naruto was broken in the right hands...

I meant it looked like the intro of a team battle when the members of each team gather and yell something at their enemies :)

Hero

Yeah, now that I think about it, the screenshot of Team 7 versus the Sand Genins look like it's just done before the match.

Perhaps they'll do it ala Project Justice? Pick three characters and you can swap after every round? That'd be hot. I'd really enjoy that.

Here's hoping for multiple supers for every character.

Naruto can have Naruto Rendan, Summon Gamabunta, Rasengan, and maybe even the 1000 Years of Pain Naruto version. Direction + X button supers!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They had better update the existing fighters' repertoires, at least where it's necessary. Naruto MUST use the Rasengan as his special.

Looks like Sharingan Sasuke may be the default Sasuke now, if those shots are to be believed.

Hero said:
Here's hoping for multiple supers for every character.

Naruto can have Naruto Rendan, Summon Gamabunta, Rasengan, and maybe even the 1000 Years of Pain Naruto version. Direction + X button supers!

Yeah, THE most important thing that this game needs is multiple supers. I was hoping for that in Naruto 2 and only Rock Lee and Sharingan Sasuke got them.

jiggle

I'm most excited about the RPG mode reported on magic-box. Exploring Konoha is gonna be the best thing ever.

Hero

I'm probably going to sell my copy of Naruto 2 on eBay soon. It just looks like there'll be no point in owning it anymore.

Top Bottom