• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto 3 (GC) Thread

olimario

Banned
Intro Video
http://www.play-asia.com/image/content/tgs_2004/naruto3_intro.avi

MORE MOVIES
Shino Special
jiraiya special
chouji special
Promo Movie

2 Gamespot Gameplay Videos
http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/narutogekitouninjataisen3/media.html

Based on this video here are the playable charracters confirmed so far...

Bakaboi-selectscreen.JPG

1. Naruto
2. Sasuke (Black uniform)
3. Sakura
4. Kakashi
5. Gaara
6. Temari
7. Kankurou
8. Jiraiya
9. Orochimaru
10.Tsunade
11. Sarutobi
12. Ino
13. Shika
14. Chouji
15. Lee
16. Neji
17. Tenten
18. Hinata
19. Kiba
20. Shino
21. Iruka
22. Zabuza
23. Haku
24. Itachi
25. Gai

922146_20040924_screen003.jpg
922146_20040924_screen002.jpg
922146_20040924_screen001.jpg

NINJATAISEN3-5.jpg
NINJATAISEN3-4.jpg

Naruto DS
narutods.jpg

olimario

Banned
Comfort_Eagle said:
:trolling: Anime fucking sucks. Well, it actually really does....

This really was needed in this thread.
On top of that, it's not a blanket statement!

Thanks for everything!

It looks hotter every time I see it. I will definiterly be importing this.

Don't count on an US release until the anime comes over here.

aoi tsuki

Are there any major changes/improvements to the core fighting engine? That's my main complaint with the game. Not enough moves or combos, glitchy hit detection (especially when you get hit with an attack pointed away from you), and the controls are way too buffer-dependant. The 3-on-3 fighting with team specials and multi-level specials are nice. But the game itself, based on the first two, is pretty poor as a fighter, and sadly that hasn't changed since the first game. i don't see myself getting the third game. i'd rather continue to download the anime and look at the fights, because it's almost as entertaining and a lot cheaper than buying the games.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreenGiant said:
Will we ever see a stateside release?
Not likely. MAYBE it'll come over when Naruto gets licensed, but even then, this game covers stuff that is so far into the series, it would be just one gargantuan spoiler on a disc if they released it anytime soon after the license was brought over. Doesn't mean they wouldn't release it anyway, though.

Chrono

Banned
Comfort_Eagle said:
:trolling: Anime fucking sucks. Well, it actually really does....

Funny you should (troll) say that here... naruto anime AND manga have been sucking really bad lately. >_<

*hugs One Piece folder*

And just to stay on topic: this game WILL be mine.

Yeah Itachi is included.
I preorederd the game a week ago and I'm really looking forward to it.
And 2 different specials per character is awesome too.

Even though Naruto anime/manga sucks recently the game will make me hungry for more :)

Why hasn't this game been brought to the U.S, it just may have a chance on the Cube here, especially considering the success of Smash Bros. The game looks like a lot fun, if it were to be published for the U.S I would pick it up day one.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Some notes, seeing as my article on this hasn't gone up yet.

- the 3 vs 3 battles are KOF style, not FFA battles like the 2vs2 ones are.
- no word on single player, they didn't show anything for it
- Kakashi, sasuke have had their characters merged into one. You press down+X with enough chakra to go into sharingan mode. With both characters, you get knocked out of it if someone hits you. Kakashi also loses health when he goes into Sharingan mode. Also, his super during Sharingan is SICK. He does a combo, launches a guy, and then impales him with Chidori. SICK.
- Not much has changed about the game other than new characters + moves. The two supers are done with X or down+X. Obviously those who have two modes (Lee, Sasuke, Kakashi) have a different super while in their special modes.
- Some supers are not cutscenes. Jiraiya and Shino have down+X supers where the action doesn't stop, so you have to be careful. Jiraiya summons a frog and Shino turns into a mass of bugs and tries to uppercut you from below the ground.

Reno said:

- Kakashi, sasuke have had their characters merged into one. You press down+X with enough chakra to go into sharingan mode. With both characters, you get knocked out of it if someone hits you. Kakashi also loses health when he goes into Sharingan mode. Also, his super during Sharingan is SICK. He does a combo, launches a guy, and then impales him with Chidori. SICK.
- Not much has changed about the game other than new characters + moves. The two supers are done with X or down+X. Obviously those who have two modes (Lee, Sasuke, Kakashi) have a different super while in their special modes.
- Some supers are not cutscenes. Jiraiya and Shino have down+X supers where the action doesn't stop, so you have to be careful. Jiraiya summons a frog and Shino turns into a mass of bugs and tries to uppercut you from below the ground.
Which site will your article be on? GA?

Also - By KOF style, is that 1 vs. 1 with 2 alternates per side? Or 2 v 2, and when one drops, the third jumps in?

Hero

1. Naruto
2. Sasuke (Black uniform)
3. Sakura
4. Kakashi
5. Gaara
6. Temari
7. Kankurou
8. Jiraiya
9. Orochimaru
10.Tsunade
11. Sarutobi
12. Ino
13. Shika
14. Chouji
15. Lee
16. Neji
17. Tenten
18. Hinata
19. Kiba
20. Shino
21. Iruka
22. Zabuza
23. Haku
24. Itachi
25. Gai

Any videos or screens of Tsunade, Itachi, or Sarutobi?

Oichi

Banjo Tango said:
Which site will your article be on? GA?

Also - By KOF style, is that 1 vs. 1 with 2 alternates per side? Or 2 v 2, and when one drops, the third jumps in?

I was doing freelance for ign and gamespy at TGS

KOF style means 1 on 1 battles. If one dies, then another goes in and takes their place. It's just standard team battle.

Hero: None of those characters were playable at the show, and only had brief clips in the trailer. :(

Has anyone tried Narultimate Hero 2? I presume it was at TGS as well, even though it's being released in a few days.

Judging by the site (http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/naruto2/main.html) it has all the same characters except Orochimaru (why do none of the games have Kabuto btw?), Tsunade, Iruka, Zabuza and Haku (of which the latter two don't play a role in the Chuunin-Tsunade part of the story). And I assume Tsunade will be available eventually, since the game follows the story up to her return to Konoha.

From what I've seen of NH1 and played of GNT2, NH is more story based and has manga style shading, while GNT is arcade multiplayer based and looks more like the anime. However, since I rarely have anyone to play multiplayer (more than 2 anyway) with and since I don't have a Freeloader, I thought NH2 would be just as good.

Oh, and it really looks amazing on those screens. The characters are pretty much spot-on copies of their original designs. I remember NH looking really good too, from what I saw of it.

Edit: Hmmm... screens have Tsunade, Orochimaru, Kabuto and whats-her-name in cutscenes, so it would be kind of stupid not to have them playable somehow...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It seems pretty unanimous that the PS2 Naruto games are not nearly as good as the Gamecube ones. I've never played the PS2 game, but that seems to be the concensus.

Oichi

SiegfriedFM said:
Has anyone tried Narultimate Hero 2? I presume it was at TGS as well, even though it's being released in a few days.

Judging by the site (http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/naruto2/main.html) it has all the same characters except Orochimaru (why do none of the games have Kabuto btw?), Tsunade, Iruka, Zabuza and Haku (of which the latter two don't play a role in the Chuunin-Tsunade part of the story). And I assume Tsunade will be available eventually, since the game follows the story up to her return to Konoha.

From what I've seen of NH1 and played of GNT2, NH is more story based and has manga style shading, while GNT is arcade multiplayer based and looks more like the anime. However, since I rarely have anyone to play multiplayer (more than 2 anyway) with and since I don't have a Freeloader, I thought NH2 would be just as good.

Oh, and it really looks amazing on those screens. The characters are pretty much spot-on copies of their original designs. I remember NH looking really good too, from what I saw of it.

Edit: Hmmm... screens have Tsunade, Orochimaru, Kabuto and whats-her-name in cutscenes, so it would be kind of stupid not to have them playable somehow...

I played it along with Naruto 3... i have to go to work today so I"ll update later, but the game plays pretty much the same, except it has new supers, you can pick your assist character, and the button motions for supers are changed (you now mash buttons or rotate the analog stick).

Oh, and for some reason Rock Lee's final level 3 super has... clones. Eek.

Hero

Reno said:
I played it along with Naruto 3... i have to go to work today so I"ll update later, but the game plays pretty much the same, except it has new supers, you can pick your assist character, and the button motions for supers are changed (you now mash buttons or rotate the analog stick).

Oh, and for some reason Rock Lee's final level 3 super has... clones. Eek.

Clones? WTF? They made up a lot of shit in that game from what I heard. Like Gai can open up the gates. I mean, it makes sense that he can, but we haven't seen it in the anime or manga so why put it in there?

Edit:

Reno, did the gameplay for Naruto GNT 3 change at all? Like any engine tweaks or noticable differences between GNT2?

aoi tsuki

Reno said:

Thanks for the info. i feel a little better about the game now, but i'm still not sure about buying it. With the DS coming out soon and a ton of games i've yet to even open, i don't really need to.

Bebpo

Banned
SiegfriedFM said:

Orochimaru is definitely playable in NH2 as I saw his super at TGS. He calls in the 4 cursed seals group and has them beat up the enemy.

I think the roster was posted at gamefaqs a week or two ago. It's about 35 characters including the villian from the movie and basically every major character up through the current manga arc (although it seems to reference stuff happening in the current arc, so like I'd assume the sand group will have alternate costumes). Between the huge roster, the amazing looking supers, and the rpg mode I'm definitely looking forward to picking it up thursday. The game even scored a 34/40 in Famitsu this week.

Chrono

Banned
At first I thought the naruto games were released in the U.S. considering the buzz they made all over anime forums... I've never imported a game before but I'm guessing most people here import from play-asia?

aoi tsuki

i've imported from Play Asia, NCS, and Lik-Sang with no problems.

And there's almost no chance of Naruto coming to the US until the anime is shown in the US and gains some major popularity. It'd be Dragon Ball GT all over again, though the first Naruto is leagues better than DBGT.

Chrono

Banned
aoi tsuki said:
i've imported from Play Asia, NCS, and Lik-Sang with no problems.

And there's almost no chance of Naruto coming to the US until the anime is shown in the US and gains some major popularity. It'd be Dragon Ball GT all over again, though the first Naruto is leagues better than DBGT.

Thanks. I'll probably order from play-asia. I have to mod my PS2 first. -__-

It looks like the game is worth it though. Naruto characters + 34/40 Famitsu score = :D

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chrono said:
At first I thought the naruto games were released in the U.S. considering the buzz they made all over anime forums... I've never imported a game before but I'm guessing most people here import from play-asia?
I import from NCS, but that's because they are so close by that I can get the cheapest ground shipping they have and get my order the next day. :)

aoi tsuki

i forgot to mention, Play Asia usually ships a $5 coupon with my order when i buy a game from them. Downside to ordering from them is that they ship from Asia (i forget where since i haven't ordered in a while) so it takes a bit longer if you use the standard shipping option.

Oichi

Hero said:
Clones? WTF? They made up a lot of shit in that game from what I heard. Like Gai can open up the gates. I mean, it makes sense that he can, but we haven't seen it in the anime or manga so why put it in there?

Edit:

Reno, did the gameplay for Naruto GNT 3 change at all? Like any engine tweaks or noticable differences between GNT2?

Well, the thing is I don't know if it's clones or just his speed. There is one scene where there is distinctly three of him on the screen, but they for some reason merge into one when he does a final attack. I have no idea, really. There aren't any noticable tweaks made to the game engine itself, other than Guard Breaks and the prescence of three super chakra balls to the meter, rather than the one ball you had.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/551/551373p1.html <-- Narultimate Hero 2 impressions by me.

Hero

Reno said:
Well, the thing is I don't know if it's clones or just his speed. There is one scene where there is distinctly three of him on the screen, but they for some reason merge into one when he does a final attack. I have no idea, really. There aren't any noticable tweaks made to the game engine itself, other than Guard Breaks and the prescence of three super chakra balls to the meter, rather than the one ball you had.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/551/551373p1.html <-- Narultimate Hero 2 impressions by me.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to ask.

One chakra ball = one super

Or

One chakra ball = one replacement (i.e. log teleport)

And do you start out with one ball or is your meter completely empty?

How do you perform guard breaks?

Top Bottom