• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Fj0823

030.jpg

Dat foreshadow.

they totally knew.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
well the movie is canon so read the spoilers. All I know is despite the incoming shit i will post later on, NH remains my otp and I am very happy for Naruto to settle down with someone who loves and has faith in him unconditionally, and accepts both the good and the bad of Naruto.

And someone that liked him even he was a failure, not when he started getting recognized and popular.

I think that's why that scene in the movie
where he sees that flashback when they were at the academy hits him like a million trains going at mach speed. he realizes she has loved him for that long, and to him it's a huge shock since he thought everyone outside of Iruka hated him at that time.

Fj0823

And someone that liked him even he was a failure, not when he started getting recognized and popular.

I think that's why that scene in the movie
where he sees that flashback when they were at the academy hits him like a million trains going at mach speed. he realizes she has loved him for that long, and to him it's a huge shock since he thought everyone outside of Iruka hated him at that time.

And that's exactly why the movie's romance works, now if only the villain was as good...

but yeah, realizing that hit him with the
power of 11 Emotional Tailed Beast Bombs

who didn't? don't answer
*inhales*

*exhales, relieved*

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
And that's exactly why the movie's romance works, now if only the villain was as good...

*inhales*

*exhales, relieved*

Beast bombs and not the moon?

1/10 movie confirmed

Naruto worked hard to be an amazing warrior, He wasn't supposed to be the loser until the very end. That wouldve sucked.

Everyone worked hard. Sasuke worked hard and sacrificed a lot. Working hard doesn't mean anything when your inherited exploits become so integral to your success. And when his exploit (Kyuubi) is being heralded the strongest of the bijuu, it makes him anything but an underdog.

Although it's wrong to pit this entirely on Part 2 Naruto. Part 1 Naruto had this problem as well. It's just this was compensated with his inconsistent control of his own strength. You could say that Naruto's characterization was prioritized over his heritage in Part 1. Where as in Part 2 it was reversed.

Error

Sasuke worked hard? He was getting weekly powerups like they were hand-me-down coupons at big retail stores.

In fact that was one of my huge complaints of the manga, how it took Naruto so long to get powerful and then the next week we get a chapter of Sasuke gaining a powerup from nothing. Completely undermining Naruto's hard work and effort to get strong.

Sasuke worked hard? He was getting weekly powerups like they were hand-me-down coupons at big retail stores.

In fact that was one of my huge complaints of the manga, how it took Naruto so long to get powerful and then the next week we get a chapter of Sasuke gaining a powerup from nothing. Completely undermining Naruto's hard work and effort to get strong.

Sure after MS he got a lot of new powers but before that its was all hard work.

With Naruto he started getting power ups out of nowhere after nine tails mode. Naruto had to work a lot harder when he was young due to him being so bad but his perseverance payed off.

Fox318

*inhales*

*exhales, relieved*
Sakura and shippers are the vilians.

Welfare

Sure after MS he got a lot of new powers but before that its was all hard work.

With Naruto he started getting power ups out of nowhere after nine tails mode. Naruto had to work a lot harder when he was young due to him being so bad but his perseverance payed off.
The only one he got out of nowhere was Rikudo mode, and that was to seal Madara.

Bijuu Mode was Kurama actually trusting Naruto to use his powers. Bijuu Sage Mode was alluded to back in the Pain arc.

Everyone worked hard. Sasuke worked hard and sacrificed a lot. Working hard doesn't mean anything when your inherited exploits become so integral to your success. And when his exploit (Kyuubi) is being heralded the strongest of the bijuu, it makes him anything but an underdog.

Although it's wrong to pit this entirely on Part 2 Naruto. Part 1 Naruto had this problem as well. It's just this was compensated with his inconsistent control of his own strength. You could say that Naruto's characterization was prioritized over his heritage in Part 1. Where as in Part 2 it was reversed.

The problem is that Sasuke becomed a clueless wreck once Itachi was dead and Tobi told him part of the truth about the Uchiha Massacre. It seemed that Sasuke just stoped having an actual direction in his life and invented excuses for his rage and loniless. And, for better or worse, the myth arc actually justifies better most of Sasuke most baffling moves in part 2 as having a sort of hereditary curse/mentalillness/assholegen.

Sasuke sacrificed a lot but stopped having a real goal, he couldn't hate Itachi like when he was a kid, hating the village was tangential at best, his issues with the shinobi system were to a point desingenious given how much time he was outside it (and still kind of is).

The manga is still about hard work, but it seemed clear that also made clear that hard work is not only enough to getting by.

Fj0823

While I can agree that the Six Paths Sage Mode was a free power up. All his other powerups were actually the full potential of abilities he already had, combining the sage Mode with Nine Tails mode was already forshadowed, while full sync with his Bijuu was not only implied when he promised Kurama to take care of his hatred,but also shown to be an obtainable ability thanks to Bee.

As for evil shippers...yes. and make then all gengetsu users. because you know, they are experts in identifying genjutsus

Sai

Sasuke's always put in work to take the best advantage of his innate talent, we just don't see it. Training's his favorite pastime, power his favorite word. When he wasn't involved in some huge altercation in Part 2, he was either training or recuperating before moving on to the next one.

That line that the fans established between effort and talent concerning Naruto and Sasuke gradually blurred as we started seeing Sasuke visibly struggling and falling short of expectations acquiring the Mangekyō Sharingan, and Naruto being hailed as this child of prophecy with super powerful Asura 'n Uzumaki chakra—the latter of which we were originally lead to believe was due to the Kyūbi's influence since infancy.

To be honest, that theme felt as if it was abandoned along with Part 1. Introducing Asura 'n Indra as the loser 'n prodigy didn't do much to change that feeling for me, as Hashirama and Naruto both ended up a sizable step or two above their counterparts.

Village

Sasuke literally went into the snakes den to train with Michael Jackson for like 3 years knowingly putting himelf at risk for revenge.

Sasuke puts the work in.

Sasuke's always put in work to take the best advantage of his innate talent, we just don't see it. Training's his favorite pastime, power his favorite word. When he wasn't involved in some huge altercation in Part 2, he was either training or recuperating before moving on to the next one.

That line that the fans established between effort and talent concerning Naruto and Sasuke gradually blurred as we started seeing Sasuke visibly struggling and falling short of expectations acquiring the Mangekyō Sharingan, and Naruto being hailed as this child of prophecy with super powerful Asura 'n Uzumaki chakra—the latter of which we were originally lead to believe was due to the Kyūbi's influence since infancy.

To be honest, that theme felt as if it was abandoned along with Part 1. Introducing Asura 'n Indra as the loser 'n prodigy didn't do much to change that feeling for me, as Hashirama and Naruto both ended up a sizable step or two above their counterparts.

That sounds more like role reversal than abandoning the themes.

So anybody got a real guesstamite when the movie will be in subs?
tumblr_ngchriBNHH1u57eqzo2_500.gif

Old but funny as hell when you think about it,puberty hit him hard and fast lol
tumblr_ngdavyu0YL1s5jvk5o2_500.gif

Also Tumblr is freaking ridiculous,its like a gold mine of awesomeness,saltiness,and straight foolery. I love it, couldnt stop laughing at this gem.
tumblr_ngc4hoVbA81tl8ehio1_500.jpg

Sasuke literally went into the snakes den to train with Michael Jackson for like 3 years knowingly putting himelf at risk for revenge.

Sasuke puts the work in.
^This^

PaulBizkit

it usually a few days to a week(s) after a DVD release
or sooner depending on how popular the show is

But let's face it, we're not going to wait for the DVD release of The Last. We'll wait until someone films it with their cellphone, uploads it to the internets and the fansubs will do the rest.

But let's face it, we're not going to wait for the DVD release of The Last. We'll wait until someone films it with their cellphone, uploads it to the internets and the fansubs will do the rest.

Those subs will probably be wrong unless the dialogue can be heard crystal clear.

Which it won't be.

Fj0823

And now, for dumb theory No. 358

"Studio Pierrot took creative control from Kishi, you can tell that by just looking at the manga! The drawings completely changed! that's because Kishimoto didn't draw it,just look at it, it doesn't look like his artwork, but it sure does look like the anime!, because the same Hinata obsessed idiot that draws the anime did it!, Kishimoto is a victim here, his art was stolen from him alongside Naruto's hapiness"

the Original post was in Spanish, it appeared in my Facebook feed, I tried my best to accurately translate it. (And to not Shit on her for talking crap about someone's efforts)

Turok_TTZ

...you didn't like The Last: Naruto the Movie?

I'm in the bathroom atm but just for a preview...

I am very much pro NH but let's not ignore that NH had potential to go south very quickly.

Hinata secretly admired Naruto from afar and that could have easily turned her into an obssessive stalking yandere. thankfully that didn't happen but imo NH which could have used more development was an ideal ending all things considered. Instead of camping outside Naruto's place or going through his trash. stealing his toothbrush or salvaging a fucking hair strand belonging to Naruto and creating a god damn shrine to worship naruto's hair strand... well i could go on.

still in bathroom so ill continue this on later.

and now continuing. I find it amazing she didn't become batshit obsessed with Naruto.

Most people would move on if their feelings remain one sided. Nobody would blame hinata or hell, x person if y didn't return the feelings or gave a proper answer. Hinata shouldn't have to wait until The Last: Naruto the Movie to finally get an answer after all these years. Naruto should have ditched his crush once it became clear Sakura didn't like him that way and Sakura should have ditched her crush on Sasuke when that punk literally gave no fucks. Is it because of Naruto's nindo that Hinata persevered all this time? without caring whether Naruto returned her feelings or not? Why Sakura never gave up on the Sauce? I understand the theme of the manga is never giving up but in this matter, if one isn't interested, keep looking, more fish in ocean. in this regard, Naruto is a bad influence for peeps who don/t want to give up even if it means denying reality and potentially crossing certain lines...

meh. maybe I am overthinking this. I always seen Naruto and Sakura as really close friends. Sakura not that heartless. just that she can't give what Naruto was looking for if he wanted to be more than just close friends.

meant to post this hours ago but I had a doctor's appointment. I'll continue on later.

Naruto should've ended like School Days, seems to be the true logical ending to me.

After Naruto becomes the biggest celebrity in the world he bangs nearly every female ninja in the village. Sakura who supposedly was rooting for Hinata ends up banging Naruto as well and gets "pregnant", since Hinata is clearly a shy crazy stalker she ends up killing them both because of the betrayals.

Nice boat.

The next theory: Studio Pierrot threatened to kill Kishimoto if he didn't do NaruHina!
Oh man have you not seen the early October theories

Edit: I agree with people saying Part 1 was >>> then Part 2

I also agree that the Sauce was getting powerups as if they were out of style long before Part 2

Turok_TTZ

powerups were some serious bs, especially in regards to sasuke. his sharinnegan was the icing on the cake. such serious bs.

Nothing tops kakashi's bs ghost sharingan though. that was a hell of an asspull from kishi.

Naruto should've ended like School Days, seems to be the true logical ending to me.

After Naruto becomes the biggest celebrity in the world he bangs nearly every female ninja in the village. Sakura who supposedly was rooting for Hinata ends up banging Naruto as well and gets "pregnant", since Hinata is clearly a shy crazy stalker she ends up killing them both because of the betrayals.

Nice boat.

Can you even begin to imagine the shitstorm this ending would've caused?

Holy fucking shit.

Error

All Sakura deserved was to start developing feelings for Naruto and then for her to go to his apartment to give him a christmas present only to stumble upon Naruto and Hinata having sex.

*cue Radioactive

Welfare

All Sakura deserved was to start developing feelings for Naruto and then for her to go to his apartment to give him a christmas present only to stumble upon Naruto and Hinata having sex.

*cue Radioactive

Not just sex with Naruto, but with 3 Naruto's.

did Jugo ever get his cure for his curse mark?

did we ever find out more about his clans curse :/

*cue Radioactive

then for her to go to Sasuke only to find him with Karin

Fox318

did Jugo ever get his cure for his curse mark?

did we ever find out more about his clans curse :/

then for her to go to Sasuke only to find him with Karin
Kishi never liked team hawk. It was forced on him by an editor.

Which is a shame because they were a breath of fresh air.

Checked out the site and as said before i'm all for this pairing but really fucking annoyed how it progressed to this point.

Maybe Kishi can write this stuff better next time or just don't have it at all, seriously

Fj0823

Checked out the site and as said before i'm all for this pairing but really fucking annoyed how it progressed to this point.

Maybe Kishi can write this stuff better next time or just don't have it at all, seriously
this crap would still be there.
Were talking about people projecting their sexual and romantic fantasies in a pairing

This crap happens with EVERYTHING. Its just this amazing because Naruto is so popular.

Also NaruHina took some balls from Kishi,deep down everyone actually expected the safe aproach. It was certainly a nice surprise.

EhoaVash

Lol has any other shonen manga cone close to naruto level of pairing war/ romance ..

I read that nikesoki manga or something once and shit was a awful harem manga ..very weird to see it labeled as shonen

Lol has any other shonen manga cone close to naruto level of pairing war/ romance ..

I read that nikesoki manga or something once and shit was a awful harem manga ..very weird to see it labeled as shonen

Nisekoi was nice at first then they started adding girls to the cast like bullshit powerups to Sasuke

Top Bottom