• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the fight will be serious or a friendly spar, because no one will be happy with a spar since they will both be holding back.

Sakura already "confessed" to Naruto and he rightly told her to shove it:
naruto.png

pretty much. Naruto knows Sakura is still in love with Sasuke.

Also a but form this chapter, Naruto said "mom wanted him to get a girl like her and things aren't going according to plan". If you remember Minato once described Sakura as being just like Kushina so.....

Frog-fu

Banned
Y'all should watch these videos from the Naruto game. They're not exactly canon (I think anyway) though I believe Kishimoto might written them. Either way, they're good stuff.

Kushina & Obito "The Far Reaches Of Hope " - NARUTO Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
Itachi, Shisui Uchiha Vs Danzo Full Fight - Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
Naruto "Creation of Akatsuki" Full Movie - NARUTO Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

There should be two more out there, I believe. I'll post those when I find quality links.

btw, I think it's really stupid they made Kushina as much of stereotypical housewife as possible in the game. She doesn't even have an alternate outfit and uses a fucking frying pan as weapon.

To boost up Tobirama sadly.

Which suuuucks imo. Edo Tensei and Kage Bunshin should have been enough. What happened to his badass water jutsu by the way? Kishimoto just had to take away FTG from Minato. Tobirama didn't even use it against Hiruzen.

rambis

Banned
Pft. Naruto started this arc not knowing how to control Kyuubi he ended the arc becoming a ten tail frog sage jinchuuriki with a billion different rasengan variations that he makes up on the spot.
What does that really mean when this arc can be considered over 2 years old?

Naruto has had the chakra since the day he was born, had loosely used it since he was a genin and first started to learn how to actually control the kyuubi during the time skip. Even if you only look at when he met Bee, they started training almost 200 chapters ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What does that really mean when this arc can be considered over 2 years old?

Naruto has had the chakra since the day he was born, had loosely used it since he was a genin and first started to learn how to actually control the kyuubi during the time skip. Even if you only look at when he met Bee, they started training almost 200 chapters ago.

Look at the time that passed in the story, not for us. Time passage for us doesn't matter in this case.

Naruto Shippuuden 375

tumblr_m5wku4jXpt1qjwp1yo1_400.gif

We need gifs! The hand to hand combat of that fight was flipping insane and the part where Kakashi back heels a Kunai straight through Obito's cheek......yoooooo I'm watching this again.....and again and again. This is why I love the fights in Naruto. They are on another level.

also lol at 376

reposting from another thread.

What an amazing episode.

So Kakashi's brand new Sharingans are already gone? What were they spiritual eyes or something? They're just gone, but he now has both regular eyes? Where did those come from? lol Were Kakashi's old eyes revived with Rinnegan?

Namikaze1

So Kakashi's brand new Sharingans are already gone? What were they spiritual eyes or something? They're just gone, but he now has both regular eyes? Where did those come from? lol Were Kakashi's old eyes revived with Rinnegan?
It came from Kami-Naruto. :D

Well, his left eye to be precise. His Sharingan eye was forcebly pulled out before the whole Kaguya thing. Kami-Naruto came and gave him a new eye literally. I'm not joking. He really did.

Kakashi's right eye was always normal, his right eye was Obito's. Madara ripped that one out in a 'yoink!' moment, and Naruto regenerated his normal left eye soon after using sage powers.

It came from Kami-Naruto. :D

Well, his left eye to be precise. His Sharingan eye was forcebly pulled out before the whole Kaguya thing. Kami-Naruto came and gave him a new eye literally. I'm not joking. He really did.

Kakashi's right eye was always normal, his right eye was Obito's. Madara ripped that one out in a 'yoink!' moment, and Naruto regenerated his normal left eye soon after using sage powers.

Ok, but why are the Sharingan gone now? Didn't Obito come back from the dead to give him his eyes?

Namikaze1

A temporary Sharingan? How does that even work?
We are as confused on this temporary Sharingan thing as you are. We just don't question it because it's one of many things that will be left unanswered by Kishi.

An example of what I mean is Obito kamui'ing out of purgatory/spirit realm. Kishi will never explain how the hell this guy keeps cheating death.

luckyguess

Neo Member
If Obito took his eyes and chakra back from Kakashi before he returned to the pure world, wouldn't that mean he could theoretically kamui back and forth to the living world as he pleased from here on out?

Maddocks

its not that hard to understand. Obito becoming the sage of the 6 paths are going to give him some powers not known of this world.

He died, but because he was a dimension jumper, he was able to muster enough of that power to share it with kakashi, just like the sage did with naruto and sasuke. Since Obito was finished in this world, he is going to move on in only what we can assume is Heaven. Seems that Obito and Rin and the "soul" of kakashi are in Purgatory, so now that Rin and Obito are moving on and kakashi is staying behind he loses the power because part of Obitos soul is going with him.

I know, its confusing and weird, but that's the new world we are living in now. Sasuke and Naruto lost their power when they did the seal, Obito is leaving so his power is gone too. Seems he has accepted he wont get the sharingan back so hes leaving his name behind too. Sucks for me personally because I liked his powers, hes had them since the beginning of the manga, so seeing him without it is just painful.

luckyguess

Neo Member
The fact that Sasuke is still walking around with his Sharinnegan, a power he received immediately after the Sage gave them the seal, suggests the at least he (and maybe Naruto) still possess their power-ups.

its not that hard to understand. Obito becoming the sage of the 6 paths are going to give him some powers not known of this world.

He died, but because he was a dimension jumper, he was able to muster enough of that power to share it with kakashi, just like the sage did with naruto and sasuke. Since Obito was finished in this world, he is going to move on in only what we can assume is Heaven. Seems that Obito and Rin and the "soul" of kakashi are in Purgatory, so now that Rin and Obito are moving on and kakashi is staying behind he loses the power because part of Obitos soul is going with him.

I know, its confusing and weird, but that's the new world we are living in now. Sasuke and Naruto lost their power when they did the seal, Obito is leaving so his power is gone too. Seems he has accepted he wont get the sharingan back so hes leaving his name behind too. Sucks for me personally because I liked his powers, hes had them since the beginning of the manga, so seeing him without it is just painful.

We don't yet know if they fully lost their powers, after all, Sasuke still has one Rinnegan eye. Naruto hasn't activated his sage mode since the fight ether.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Rinnegan seems to have a pretty random array of abilities, depending on who has them, from what I can tell. Kinda hard to pin a defining ability on them as everyone seemed to use them completely differently.

Maddocks

We don't yet know if they fully lost their powers, after all, Sasuke still has one Rinnegan eye. Naruto hasn't activated his sage mode since the fight ether.

the Rinnegan is just the next evolution of the sharingan. He probably wouldn't lose it. The sage said he lent them his power, once he got it back, he pretty much summoned everyone and then released all of them. It is implied that they lost their powers as the sage got his powers back.

luckyguess

Neo Member
the Rinnegan is just the next evolution of the sharingan. He probably wouldn't lose it. The sage said he lent them his power, once he got it back, he pretty much summoned everyone and then released all of them. It is implied that they lost their powers as the sage got his powers back.

Then exactly what power did he lend Sasuke along with the seal if it wasn't the Rinnegan?

Maddocks

Then exactly what power did he lend Sasuke along with the seal if it wasn't the Rinnegan?

The power up of chakra and seal, it is probably what pushed him over the edge to activate it. The seal left him and naruto when he used it.

But now that I said it, next week sasuke will all of a sudden deactivate it and it will vanish also. We really don't know what was given and what will be taken away. We know what Kakashi lost, next up is probably sasuke and naruto getting depowered. They have to get depowered because they are walking Gods right now and no way can they keep them. But if the sage of the 6 paths can be a walking God, then maybe sasuke and naruto can be walking Gods.

The power up of chakra and seal, it is probably what pushed him over the edge to activate it. The seal left him and naruto when he used it.

But now that I said it, next week sasuke will all of a sudden deactivate it and it will vanish also. We really don't know what was given and what will be taken away. We know what Kakashi lost, next up is probably sasuke and naruto getting depowered. They have to get depowered because they are walking Gods right now and no way can they keep them. But if the sage of the 6 paths can be a walking God, then maybe sasuke and naruto can be walking Gods.

Sasuke doesn't seem to be that much different then before, minus his short range teleport.

Naruto, well, was already a walking god with the perfect nine tails mode, combined with his previous sage jutsu. The good luck balls and healing jutsu isn't too far beyond what he already has, so for making medical nins redundant.

Pfft. It won't be long before Kishi reveals an evolution of the Rinnegan.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me as it already does seemingly random things, just like the sharrigan.

I'm waiting for evolutions of the other bloodlines myself. Bakugan, seeing as it was the original, needs to have some hidden abilities somewhere.

rambis

Banned
Look at the time that passed in the story, not for us. Time passage for us doesn't matter in this case.

Can't say I agree with this at all. We don't live in this fictional manga world, so why should we ignore time passed in the real world? Its taken Naruto over 5-6 years worth of manga to learn how to control a power he's had since day one. I do agree that Kishi should've at least progressed ToD in normal intervals instead of soley plot points but that's about it.

Gaf, what does Rinnegan even do?

Judging off the three or so users we've seen, all users seem to be able to use Ridokus "six paths" plus one unique ability. Pain had Shinra Tensei, Madara Rinbo/Limbo and Sasuke the teleport switching ability.

Obito didn't grew a new Sharingan on Kakashi's eyes. He projected his soul/possessed him so he look like he had them. Like how Obito controlled the jinchurikies and they had his eyes and eye abilities or how Obito controlled the Kyuubi and gave kurama a Sharingan.

Edit: Can't believe I spent Naruto Thursday banned. The chapter made me sad, the episode made me lose my shit and there some videos I've haven't seen yet.

rambis

Banned
Obito didn't grew a new Sharingan on Kakashi's eyes. He projected his soul/possessed him so he look like he had them. Like how Obito controlled the jinchurikies and they had his eyes and eye abilities or how Obito controlled the Kyuubi and gave kurama a Sharingan.
I could buy that, all that is true. Still doesnt make much sense to me though.

Wow, the latest episode looked really good. Wish the show could look like that more often :(

Even shows with 20 episodes have only a few episodes of such quality animation. To expect a show with 375 episodes to have that is delusional.

I'm just glad naruto delivers on so many fights. As an anime series it has the best fights period.

Frog-fu

Banned
In regards to Kakashi's temporary Sharingan, I posted this more as a theory, but I think it's as close to an explanation as we're getting: we learned from Tobirama that the Sharingan is activated by a special chakra generated in the brain in response to strong emotions, affecting the optic nerves.

When Obito teleported to the real world and melded his consciousness and chakra with Kakashi, his own chakra activated the Sharingan, and we when he left, the Sharingan disappeared with him.

It's different from when Kakashi had Obito's eyes because it was a physical thing, an eye that was eternally activated and thus sapped his chakra.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can't say I agree with this at all. We don't live in this fictional manga world, so why should we ignore time passed in the real world? Its taken Naruto over 5-6 years worth of manga to learn how to control a power he's had since day one. I do agree that Kishi should've at least progressed ToD in normal intervals instead of soley plot points but that's about it.

Judging off the three or so users we've seen, all users seem to be able to use Ridokus "six paths" plus one unique ability. Pain had Shinra Tensei, Madara Rinbo/Limbo and Sasuke the teleport switching ability.

The entire war arc takes place over two or three days, that's what I'm saying. He went from almost no control to utter mastery in that time, that's what people called bullshit on. Saying the arc took us three years to get through is irrelevant in this case.

Frog-fu

Banned
Who has got the best new design? I'm thinking Sakura > Tenten > Temari
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/91dcc63a37dfd9b95af3a3f77a62d35e/tumblr_nbfjkecEk01tp6kj1o1_500.png[/IMG]

Some of y'all wanted gifs of Kakashi VS Obito
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/96c3ffb6512602046282cc792db304f8/tumblr_nbe1wffaB91td0yeeo1_500.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/02f4e444dd397037f53dd71481a08713/tumblr_nbe1wffaB91td0yeeo2_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/e9a6ba88dbdea280443ea2d5ac39ecc3/tumblr_nbe1wffaB91td0yeeo3_500.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/29f012881d9397b2760fec55955da251/tumblr_nbe1wffaB91td0yeeo4_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/8710712edeb7f514d473ab0f69d486d7/tumblr_nbe1wffaB91td0yeeo5_500.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/b10d0b5488020244d15c4714d346795a/tumblr_nbe1wffaB91td0yeeo6_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/408b33bddaffbe9af9a959b8c94a6253/tumblr_nbey3mREYz1tw49cjo2_500.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/75b1b34a57f129b726f5b3c11c45e7a6/tumblr_nbfty3QtpK1r7k95zo1_500.gif[/IMG]

Obito is a lot more favourably received in the anime than in the manga it would seem. He's gotten quite a large fanbase, which is cool since I like his character.

LadyGT has another art project.
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/b99a8dff59d46e574e022e33fa700ea1/tumblr_nbfgmenB2Y1thur49o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Who has got the best new design? I'm thinking Sakura > Tenten > Temari
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/91dcc63a37dfd9b95af3a3f77a62d35e/tumblr_nbfjkecEk01tp6kj1o1_500.png[/IMG]

Some of y'all wanted gifs of Kakashi VS Obito
Code:
[

Obito is a lot more favourably received in the anime than in the manga it would seem. He's gotten quite a large fanbase, which is cool since I like his character.

legend but why did you speed them up :( The fight when they were kids was really well animated as well. That apart where Kakashi denied Obito's kick with his leg made me go wow.

Also the common opinion is Sakura has the best new design. She's looks very mature and very pretty. We still haven't seen Sasuke or Hinata's though.

The entire war arc takes place over two or three days, that's what I'm saying. He went from almost no control to utter mastery in that time, that's what people called bullshit on. Saying the arc took us three years to get through is irrelevant in this case.

I don't think you can move and organize tens of thousands of troops that fast, nor cover the huge amount of ground they covered at times. Then again, it's not like the series is working off a clear timeline as is, with few notes about how much time has past between major events.

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't know why this is a thing but...

Naruto Shippuden OVA Episode Itachi Uchiha Special "Sunny Side"

Forgive me.

legend but why did you speed them up :( The fight when they were kids was really well animated as well. That apart where Kakashi denied Obito's kick with his leg made me go wow.

Also the common opinion is Sakura has the best new design. She's looks very mature and very pretty. We still haven't seen Sasuke or Hinata's though.

They're not my gifs. I shamelessly lift them off of tumblr. I'll try to find more gifs. There were others but they had non English subtitles in them.

I like how you followed up on pretty and mature with Sasuke and Hinata.

wait what? where are those designs from? shippuden episode?

They're from the new movie.

rambis

Banned
Wow, the latest episode looked really good. Wish the show could look like that more often :(

It cant if people expect it to come out every week. The animators that do these are contracted and work other projects, combine that with the time it takes to actually finish an episode, the money required and there's just no way. Last one this this ghy was able to do was the fight scene in Obito vs Blood Mist. Before that 322 "Madara Uchiha" to give you an idea.

That said, the anime has delivered most every storyline orders of magnitude better than the manga did.

I understood what you meant perfectly. I still agree with everything in my post though, its hardly some huge issue.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't think you can move and organize tens of thousands of troops that fast, nor cover the huge amount of ground they covered at times. Then again, it's not like the series is working off a clear timeline as is, with few notes about how much time has past between major events.

Naruto was 12-something at the start of the manga, and 13-something when the timeskip occurred.

The timeskip was more or less exactly 2 years (maybe a week or two off). He was 15-something post timeskip, and now just turned 17.

In other words....

probably around 4.5ish years have passed since the start of the manga to now. Removing the 2 year timeskip, the events in the manga we do see take 2.5 years between them all. We don't really know how long of a gap there was between the land of waves arc and the chuunin exams, or the invasion of konoha and the sasuke retrieval arc, etc.

I think everything from the immortals arc through the invasion of pain pretty much happens back to back to back over the course of a month. After the defeat of hidan and kakuzu, jiraiya, kakashi, and tsunade realize that the akatsuki have begun targeting the leaf, and jiraiya sets off for the rain village to infiltrate the organization himself. More or less at the same time as Jiraiya facing off with Nagato, Sasuke tracks down Itachi. Fed up with losing Itachi, hidan, and kakuzu at around the same time, and the earlier failure of deidara to retrieve naruto, and the boldness of Jiraiya (and the leaf ninja who killed hidan and kakuzu) to target the akatsuki itself, Nagato decides to take it upon himself to personally attack the Leaf Village and capture Naruto on his own, since the village and naruto have become a thorn in his side (and he had a personal vendetta with the leaf, anyways)

The major timelapses of part 2, outside of maybe a few months between the kage summit and the start of the war, are in the gaps between the rescue gaara arc and the Sai arc, and the Sai arc and the Immortals arc.

Naruto was 12-something at the start of the manga, and 13-something when the timeskip occurred.

The timeskip was more or less exactly 2 years (maybe a week or two off). He was 15-something post timeskip, and now just turned 17.

In other words....

probably around 4.5ish years have passed since the start of the manga to now. Removing the 2 year timeskip, the events in the manga we do see take 2.5 years between them all. We don't really know how long of a gap there was between the land of waves arc and the chuunin exams, or the invasion of konoha and the sasuke retrieval arc, etc.

I think everything from the immortals arc through the invasion of pain pretty much happens back to back to back over the course of a month. After the defeat of hidan and kakuzu, jiraiya, kakashi, and tsunade realize that the akatsuki have begun targeting the leaf, and jiraiya sets off for the rain village to infiltrate the organization himself. More or less at the same time as Jiraiya facing off with Nagato, Sasuke tracks down Itachi. Fed up with losing Itachi, hidan, and kakuzu at around the same time, and the earlier failure of deidara to retrieve naruto, and the boldness of Jiraiya (and the leaf ninja who killed hidan and kakuzu) to target the akatsuki itself, Nagato decides to take it upon himself to personally attack the Leaf Village and capture Naruto on his own, since the village and naruto have become a thorn in his side (and he had a personal vendetta with the leaf, anyways)

The major timelapses of part 2, outside of maybe a few months between the kage summit and the start of the war, are in the gaps between the rescue gaara arc and the Sai arc, and the Sai arc and the Immortals arc.

Which is kind of my point. The manga just sort of skips to the next event, without mentioning the time between event A and B. Only a few times, such as the tsunade arc, chunin exam arc, timeskip, etc, does it mention how many days/months have passed between events.

That he just turned 17 on the last day of the war is also the first statement on his age in a long time. Five years or so have passed from the start of the series till now, which is actually more then I expected. I figured he was closer to 16 now, then 17.

The downside is well, it means he didn't advance all that much as a ninja in a surprising amount of time, right up until the last few months it seems, and especially the last few weeks. It seems like hes long, LONG overdue for a promotion by now as well.

GaimeGuy

Which is kind of my point. The manga just sort of skips to the next event, without mentioning the time between event A and B. Only a few times, such as the tsunade arc, chunin exam arc, timeskip, etc, does it mention how many days/months have passed between events.

That he just turned 17 on the last day of the war is also the first statement on his age in a long time. Five years or so have passed from the start of the series till now, which is actually more then I expected. I figured he was closer to 16 now, then 17.

The downside is well, it means he didn't advance all that much as a ninja in a surprising amount of time, right up until the last few months it seems, and especially the last few weeks. It seems like hes long, LONG overdue for a promotion by now as well.

Well the bell exercise rematch between sakura/naruto and kakashi in the start of part 2 was clearly supposed to demonstrate that sakura and naruto had advanced a ton.

The problem is that during the sasuke retrieval arc, Neji, Kiba, Rock Lee, Shikamaru, and Choji all fight individuals that were demonstrated to be at least jonin-level in strength, and naruto and sasuke have their even crazier and more over-the-top valley of the end fight. We've clearly have an inkling that these genin (or in Shikamaru's case, Chuunin on his first mission) are much, MUCH stronger than their ranks and ages indicate, but the only fights between Jonin (or better) we've seen so far have been Kakashi vs Zabuza and Orochimaru vs Hiruzen, and these four are elite ninja that are famed throughout the ninja world. We've been led to believe that there's a huge power gap between ninja of different ranks, but it's really ended up being more of a gap in leadership ability/maturity, in hindsight from 2014.

So pre-timeskip, we have the konoha 12 at jonin level skill, but haven't really been told things like a single elite jonin like Minato could easily take out 1000 jonin from the stone. We have no idea of the ridiculous amount of power gaps between ninja, no perspective on how unusual the konoha 12 are, and no understanding of how weak a jonin can be.

So with such feats accomplished, after 2 years, it's time to see an all out battle between naruto, sakura, and kakashi, right?

No. It seems like Naruto and sakura are the same, it's just that they're not quite as easily flustered mentally or intimidated by Kakashi's presense, and their strength is demonstrated not by their actions, but by Kakashi having a monologue about how much easier it used to be for him.

It feels like Kakashi and the rest of the jonin got weaker, not that Naruto, Sakura, and everyone else got stronger.

Apparently everyone in the ninja world is a one-trick/jutsu pony save for like Hiruzen, Kakashi, and Orochimaru

I'd say Sakura showed she advanced a ton, learning her medical skills, as well as her super strength, but naruto? Same jutsu and tactics he had before. He didn't show off anything new till the wind training, and didn't master that jutsu till after sage training.

Sasuke, during that time period, also showed he had gained a few new skills, and really had advanced a bunch. Hell, he had advancement after advancement right up until Naruto learning sage mode.

The rest of the cast is more Chunin level then Jounin, mainly due to the lack of a huge selection of techniques, though all showed they had learned and mastered a few new ones over the timeskip. Naruto was the only one not really shown to have learned anything major that he could really use. the large rasengan, sure, but it shows up all of once.

I remember this being something of a major gripe amongst the fanbase back then, once that really only stopped when the manga shifted its focus back to naruto, and started the series of wind to sage to bijou training that really, massively boosted his skillset. Now, he's practically Kage level in terms of power, well above pretty much any other Konoha ninja, or most in the world period.

GaimeGuy

I'd say Sakura showed she advanced a ton, learning her medical skills, as well as her super strength, but naruto? Same jutsu and tactics he had before. He didn't show off anything new till the wind training, and didn't master that jutsu till after sage training.

Sasuke, during that time period, also showed he had gained a few new skills, and really had advanced a bunch. Hell, he had advancement after advancement right up until Naruto learning sage mode.

The rest of the cast is more Chunin level then Jounin, mainly due to the lack of a huge selection of techniques, though all showed they had learned and mastered a few new ones over the timeskip. Naruto was the only one not really shown to have learned anything major that he could really use. the large rasengan, sure, but it shows up all of once.

I remember this being something of a major gripe amongst the fanbase back then, once that really only stopped when the manga shifted its focus back to naruto, and started the series of wind to sage to bijou training that really, massively boosted his skillset. Now, he's practically Kage level in terms of power, well above pretty much any other Konoha ninja, or most in the world period.

Practically kage level?

He was Kage level arguably after the rasenshuriken, and definitely after facing Nagato.

Nagato fought off the entire Leaf village. By himself. Actually, Naruto probably only had a shot against him because he had been fighting the entire leaf village. It became a battle of endurance. Naruto started the battle at 100% (Well, more like 1000000000%, since he had nature on his side as well thanks to Sage mode), Nagato did not.

Still even fatigued, Nagato's only challenger was Naruto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom