• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Right now, I basically see shipping wars and people complaining about shipping wars. I'm down to talk about any aspect of Naruto's plot but apparently nothing besides shipping generates many replies in this thread.

Welp I mean, I love NaruxHina but I know that sadly he'll end up with Sakura but man, calling out Hinata like that, she was doing a complete show of love trying to protect someone you care, even when you know you have no chance to make a difference but still giving away your life like that vs a girl that just finally recognizes him just because he is finally strong enough and "oh wow! she, the team medic ninja revived him! she surely is the one!!!!!

I'm really sorry for bringing back the shipping wars but despising both times she stood in front of two of the strongest enemies without skipping a heart beat rustled my jimmies.
What he said, tho I still have faith in NH but honestly I hate ship wars as well, but on the other hand I dont have much to say about naruto other then complaints.

I really really don't want to get involve in the whole pairing wars crap but after a few posts, I feel like i need to ask this:

How in the world is Hinata like Minato? Seriously, explain that to me cause she is nothing, nothing like him. I mean, on the whole Kushina/Sakura side, I can see some parallels but the whole Minato/Hinata thing, I just can't.

Can someone please explain that to me without going into how Sakura is a bitch and doesn't deserve to be with Naruto schtick? I just really want to how one comes to that conclusion (Hinata being like Minato)

If you go back and watch/read the part when Kushina is explaining her and Minato's love story,

Kushina is introduced as a loud abrasive girl with dreams of being hokage. Many of her classmates are dismissive of her strength, and many people treat her like a walking joke. This strongly parallels Naruto during his academy days.

Minato is introduced as a very soft-spoken, shy, reserved guy. Always watching her from a far. He pretty much her only classmate that admires her for strength and tenacity. His behaviour strongly parallels Hinata during her academy days.

When Kushina is kidnapped by the cloud ninjas because of her special chakra, Minato is the only person in the entire village who steps up to rescue her. This is the moment when Kushina realizes how Minato really feels about her.

Likewise, when Naruto is kidnapped by Pain, Hinata is the only person in the entire village who steps up to rescue him. Again this is the moment when Naruto realizes how Hinata really feels about him.

Basically up this point both pairings have been written very similarly.

Heroman

Banned
Shipping wars are dumb because there is no war, We already know who she is who known since we first saw her. Naruto is going to end up with Hinata.

Sai

So this is about done.. right? What else can be done with the story?
Besides dispelling Mugen Tsukuyomi and general clean-up 'n regrouping, there's the resolution between Naruto/Asura and Sasuke/Indra, which may or may not be done through another fight between them.

I'm honestly kind of hoping that, if it goes down, it'll be held off for the upcoming movie.

Naruto vs Sasuke 2

fjyWgJY.gif

luckyguess

Neo Member
Naruto and Sasuke's fight was stated as prophecy. If it doesn't happen, it would be the ultimate cop-out.

As for other things that the story has left to cover:

A proper flashback story about Hagoromo/Hamura/Kaguya. Kaguya had the worst sendoff of the series by far.

Where the hell is Guruguru?

Where the hell is Hamura?

A deeper explanation of the Shinju would be nice (probably won't happen).

Sasuke's true intentions for changing the Ninja world revealed.

damisa

I wonder if the fight will be serious or a friendly spar, because no one will be happy with a spar since they will both be holding back.

Sakura already "confessed" to Naruto and he rightly told her to shove it:
naruto.png

Im really upset that theres not gonna be a canon Ninja world tournament. I really wanna see some dream matches. I want a Garra vs Naruto rematch, or a sasuke vs kakashi chidori brawl.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If you think this is gonna stop, I have a bridge to sell you.
This. I made this thread and I stop shipping whenever possible. It has its way of worming itself into discussion at every opportunity.

I-hate-u

How about this; Naruto ends up alone living on the outskirts of Konoha training and furthering his techniques. He is not a Hokage, but he is the strongest Shinobi and only appears when a disaster happens.

Basically, Naruto becomes Batman.

Maddocks

How about this; Naruto ends up alone living on the outskirts of Konoha training and furthering his techniques. He is not a Hokage, but he is the strongest Shinobi and only appears when a disaster happens.

Don't let frog read that. "HOKAGE OR MANGA RUINED!"

wmlk

What Hinata did was balls out fucking stupid, don't try and pretend otherwise with this revisionist history.

Naruto had given the order for EVERYONE to STAY THE FUCK out of his fight with Pain NO MATTER WHAT. She was selfish because she DISOBEYED A DIRECT ORDER FROM NARUTO HIMSELF. Now here’s where her impulsiveness comes into play. She selflessly didn’t want Naruto to die right in front of her so she selfishly disobeyed the order and got her bodyguard in trouble because he was supposed to be making sure she stayed put.

She DID NOT decide that she was going to confess at the outset. She already knew she didn’t stand a chance against Pain, but at the same time, she couldn’t just sit there and do nothing while Naruto loses to Pain. (By the time she showed up, Naruto was already pinned to the ground and helpless. For all intents and purposes he’d lost the fight. The only reason he wasn’t being whisked away in that moment was because Nagato wanted to chat.)

Of course, when she first shows up, Naruto’s initial reaction is to tell her to get the FUCK off the battlefield this fucking instant.

He had to go and question why she was even there and to answer him, she confesses at him to shut him up. Which it effectively does. He’s in shock for a lot of reasons, one of them being that he now realizes there’s nothing he can do to stop her and she’s probably going to die. She’s being selfish here because she’s not even stopping to consider Naruto’s feelings and what seeing a fellow comrade dying in front of him will do to him. She knows her sacrifice is futile. This is what I mean about her impulsiveness. She’s little more than an insect to Pain, what exactly was she trying to prove here?

That she’s dumb enough to pointlessly throw away her life for nothing? That she’d rather unintentionally add to Naruto’s torture than try to do something actually productive? Whatever it is, she doesn’t even fucking learn from this because she tries the same fucking thing in 614 and it just makes me faceplam so fucking hard.

There’s wanting to make a difference and then there’s pointlessly throwing your life away because you can. (At least Neji had the right idea with meat shielding from a distance. With the size of those spikes, there’s no fucking way Hinata’s body alone was going to stop those spikes from impaling Naruto from that close a distance. Shounen manga or not, physics don’t fucking work that way. Minato and Kushina can attest to this.)

The girl was in love. She's stupidly in love. She valued Naruto more than herself.
What are you trying to prove with your post?

Naruto the supreme wanderer is something I support. Legend of him will spread. He will be like Keyser Soze. You fuck around and he appears.

I must say this weeks manga got me good at the end with the scene between Naruto and his Dad. He's goodbye got me my heart strings pretty good.

This weeks episode was so good! The entire fight between Kakashi and Obito was excellent. The whole moving between past and present was done so well. Loved every bit of it. But man im sad next week it's back to the fillers even if its mecha-naruto. :(

wmlk

I think it's disappointing that such a poorly written character as Hinata will probably end up with Naruto. Oh well.

Frog-fu

Banned
Wait a minute. I may be late for this, but the whole underdog story of Naruto is bullshit.

Yup. One of the many reasons the manga went downhill. I wish Kishi hadn't gone with a prophecy, and if he did, he should have made it so that it wasn't Naruto but that he saved the world anyway because he had the balls to defy fate.

Instead Naruto turns out to be the transmigrant of a god. Whatever the fuck that means.

Don't let frog read that. "HOKAGE OR MANGA RUINED!"

Meet me somewhere, bro.

Yeah, Kishi just lost a lot of goodwill the last dozen or so chapters. It's amazing how bad it was.
I feel like Naruto reached its peak at the end of the chunin exam
remember that fucking hype moment when naruto is riding on Gamabunta and he has him transform into they kyubii? I almost lost my god damn 12 year old mind when I first saw that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hinata reminds you of Minato? Really? REALLY, now?

This is deluded nonsense.

Minato is calm, collected, and never gives up.He's created many jutsu of his own and graduated #1 in his class and was a freaking genius.

Hinata, shy, weak, only has her looks going for her, and has no traits outside of wanting Naruto's dick. When she tripped, did she try to get back up to rescue poor Naruto-kun? Nope. Just laid there, while Sakura was busy pumping Naruto's heart MANUALLY, so the mofo wouldn't die.

Actually I think the only jutsu he created was the rasengan, and that was an incomplete/failed attempt to recreate the tailed beast bomb.

Flying raijin? Created by tobirama.

All the sealing techniques he knew? From his wife.

His basic fighting style revolves around the use of his kunais in conjunction with hiraishin, like naruto's revolves around using punches and kicks in conjunction with his shadow clones and transformations.

Frog-fu

Banned
Minato forgot how to Yondaime.

Remember when we didn't know his name and he was hype as fuck? Turns out he's probably stronger than people anticipated, but his feats have all been retroactively picked apart.

GaimeGuy

regardless of who his father is and the nine tails he still was an underdog growing up and worked hard as hell.

He was only an underdog because kurama's chakra was fucking up with his natural development and growth. He struggled to do basic clones and transformations, and after orochimaru slightly weakened the seal, he couldn't even use his chakra to maintain his balance.

After Jiraiya improved the integrity of the seal, look at what naruto did - He went from summoning a tadpole to summoning gamabunta, the toad chief, in a day. He mastered the rasengan over the course of a few weeks.

He was only an underdog because kurama's chakra was fucking up with his natural development and growth. He struggled to do basic clones and transformations, and after orochimaru slightly weakened the seal, he couldn't even use his chakra to maintain his balance.

After Jiraiya improved the integrity of the seal, look at what naruto did - He went from summoning a tadpole to summoning gamabunta, the toad chief, in a day. He mastered the rasengan over the course of a few weeks.
He has advantages but I'm just saying it doesn't rule out his hard work. He worked his butt off to learn the Rasengan in the time he did. His waterfall training was cray too.

Obviously these are things only Naruto can do because of what he has for being an uzumaki and everything else, but hard work is hard work. But yeah it is diminished when you find out he has had a host of advantages all along over others. He never coasted on what he got like the sauce.

GaimeGuy

He has advantages but I'm just saying it doesn't rule out his hard work. He worked his butt off to learn the Rasengan in the time he did. His waterfall training was cray too.

oh yeah, the waterfall training was the most insane thing. He trained the equivalent of like 100 years in, what, a day?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Grand delusions? Coming from a Sakura x Naruto supporter? Talk about irony... You're practically throwing rice because Minato mentioned in passing that Sakura's temper reminded him of Kushina. Talk about grasping at straws.

Pfffft. *stiffles back laughter*

Okay.

I demand a new Naruto theead where shipping crap is bannable.

Hear, hear.

It's just for fun. And besides, there's an audience for it, and they/we are legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom