• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambis

Banned
Which is kind of my point. The manga just sort of skips to the next event, without mentioning the time between event A and B. Only a few times, such as the tsunade arc, chunin exam arc, timeskip, etc, does it mention how many days/months have passed between events.

That he just turned 17 on the last day of the war is also the first statement on his age in a long time. Five years or so have passed from the start of the series till now, which is actually more then I expected. I figured he was closer to 16 now, then 17.

The downside is well, it means he didn't advance all that much as a ninja in a surprising amount of time, right up until the last few months it seems, and especially the last few weeks. It seems like hes long, LONG overdue for a promotion by now as well.
Eh you must have a really special definition of progress if you don't consider what Naruto is today much progress, Naruto was basically leading every shinobi in the alliance in during the war after he hit the battlefield. Seriously, if Naruto said today that he was Hokage from here on, who in the village would be able to stop him? Or even want to deny him?

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't know if the Konoha 12 were jōnin level in Part I. Genma and Raidō took on the Sound Four in their second stages and survived with their lives, though they were low on chakra when they encountered them on their way back from their mission.

The way I see it now, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura are all mid to high Kage level. The rest of Konoha 11 range from around mid chūnin to high jōnin level.

luckyguess

Neo Member
The major timelapses of part 2, outside of maybe a few months between the kage summit and the start of the war, are in the gaps between the rescue gaara arc and the Sai arc, and the Sai arc and the Immortals arc.

What do you mean a few months between the Kage summit and the start of the war? The war was in full swing literally the day after the Kage summit.

Don't believe me? Click here and see episode 309. Watch for about 2 minutes into it. Naruto comes over to help the squad Karui is in. She looks at him, not recognizing him in his 9 tails chakra mode and says "Who the hell are you?" and he replies "Don't you remember? You totally beat me up yesterday."

I know it sounds preposterous but there you have it, right there, directly from Naruto's mouth.

Eh you must have a really special definition of progress if you don't consider what Naruto is today much progress, Naruto was basically leading every shinobi in the alliance in during the war after he hit the battlefield. Seriously, if Naruto said today that he was Hokage from here on, who in the village would be able to stop him? Or even want to deny him?

Most of that major power boost was in the last few weeks though. If hes capable of that in only a few weeks, why did he show so little progress for a multi-year timeskip? or for the months leading up to wind training?

It was a fairly common criticism of the series for a long time. he had good progress pre timeskip, then stagnated, then finally started to get some progress going again.

What do you mean a few months between the Kage summit and the start of the war? The war was in full swing literally the day after the Kage summit.

Don't believe me? Click here and see episode 309. Watch for about 2 minutes into it. Naruto comes over to help the squad Karui is in. She looks at him, not recognizing him in his 9 tails chakra mode and says "Who the hell are you?" and he replies "Don't you remember? You totally beat me up yesterday."

I know it sounds preposterous but there you have it, right there, directly from Naruto's mouth.

That's a filler scene though, and it's really weird they put that there considering how much padding they put between the kage summit and the turtle island arc.

Practically kage level?

He was Kage level arguably after the rasenshuriken, and definitely after facing Nagato.

Nagato fought off the entire Leaf village. By himself. Actually, Naruto probably only had a shot against him because he had been fighting the entire leaf village. It became a battle of endurance. Naruto started the battle at 100% (Well, more like 1000000000%, since he had nature on his side as well thanks to Sage mode), Nagato did not.

Still even fatigued, Nagato's only challenger was Naruto

The rasenshurrican had a massive downside to it at first, only after sage training did he really perfect it. Even then, I'd say he was just at jounin level in terms of power (given what some jounin are shown to do).

When he mastered the bijou power, he hit Kage level, and with six paths mode, hes probably the strongest living ninja outside Obito and Madara, though both are now dead.

He still lacks leadership experience though, so I'm not sure hes actually worthy of being a kage yet. Give him a few more years of training and refinement, and he'll be a shoe in.

Which makes me wonder what a second chunin exam style fight would be like for him. Only person I'd love to see take him on would be Konohamaru, if only so we get a Master and Disciple style fight.

Frog-fu

Banned
There is no excuse for how shit Naruto was post timeskip.

2 years and all you got is a bigger fucking Rasengan? NICE. Tell us again how much you learned from Jiraiya, Naruto.

What about Sasuke? Oh, you know, mastered his lightning element, devised his own variations of Chidori, learned how to summon a variety of snakes, mastered his Cursed Seal which also gave him flight, created Kirin, learned how to swing a sword and was generally just much more badass and stronger in every way.

Kishimoto deserved every little bit of vitriol he got for that shit back in the day.

luckyguess

Neo Member
That's a filler scene though, and it's really weird they put that there considering how much padding they put between the kage summit and the turtle island arc.

What's it matter if it was filler? It's stated plainly. If it is not true then it is a pretty big screw up that I can't imagine how it could have slipped past anyone in charge of production.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

2 years and all you got is a bigger fucking Rasengan? NICE. Tell us again how much you learned from Jiraiya, Naruto.

What about Sasuke? Oh, you know, mastered his lightning element, devised his own variations of Chidori, learned how to summon a variety of snakes, mastered his Cursed Seal which also gave him flight, created Kirin, learned how to swing a sword and was generally just much more badass and stronger in every way.

Kishimoto deserved every little bit of vitriol he got for that shit back in the day.
Naruto's over reliance on Rasengan is one of the most frustrating things about the series. I get that it's his signature thing, but it's all he ever does! He seemed to stop learning new things after Shadow Clone and Rasengan, instead making up variants of those two techniques. Everything else is just Kyuubi stuff.

Pretty much. If he had the progress over the timeskip he showed post wind training, Akatsuki wouldn't have stood a chance.

Heroman

Banned
Naruto's over reliance on Rasengan is one of the most frustrating things about the series. I get that it's his signature thing, but it's all he ever does! He seemed to stop learning new things after Shadow Clone and Rasengan, instead making up variants of those two techniques. Everything else is just Kyuubi stuff.
Atleast he has variations unlike ichigo who only had one attack for like 7 years.

Frog-fu

Banned

Pretty much. If he had the progress over the timeskip he showed post wind training, Akatsuki wouldn't have stood a chance.

What perhaps annoys me the most is that Naruto hasn't created a jutsu from scratch yet. Everything he does is based on something he didn't come up with. As soon as he started learning how to use Kage Bunshin for training, that's when he should have started learning a fuckton of jutsu, or at least a handful of original jutsu he devised, by himself, from the start.

Also, how bullshit was the KB training method "revelation"? Naruto been using that jutsu since the first chapter, creating THOUSANDS of clones, and NEVER noticed that he got all of their information? Buuuuullshit. Just pure stupidity.

Also, don't get me started on how lame Naruto's design is in general. He looked boss with the coat, but of course that was too much work so Kakashi got rid of it - never mind the fact Sasuke has had like 4 outfit changes since the timeskip alone.

It really feels like Kishimoto went through a period of loathing for Naruto.

What's it matter if it was filler? It's stated plainly. If it is not true then it is a pretty big screw up that I can't imagine how it could have slipped past anyone in charge of production.

Wouldn't be the first time. Wasn't there a filler scene where you can clearly see the fourth hokage walking down the hallway behind naruto, despite him being dead for the last 12 years at that point?

As for the Rasengan thing? pretty much every ninja seems to have a signature attack then variations on it. I'd love for him to start picking up some other wind attacks though. Ditto for learning his dad's jutsu, and perhaps even his mom's chains.

Granted he's done more with the rasengan then any other user of it, including it's inventor.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Also, don't get me started on how lame Naruto's design is in general. He looked boss with the coat, but of course that was too much work so Kakashi got rid of it - never mind the fact Sasuke has had like 4 outfit changes since the timeskip alone.
Yeah, this was by far the best Naruto design.

NarutoUzumakiPartIIKishimoto.jpg

Heroman

Banned
What perhaps annoys me the most is that Naruto hasn't created a jutsu from scratch yet. Everything he does is based on something he didn't come up with. As soon as he started learning how to use Kage Bunshin for training, that's when he should have started learning a fuckton of jutsu, or at least a handful of original jutsu he devised, by himself, from the start.

Also, how bullshit was the KB training method "revelation"? Naruto been using that jutsu since the first chapter, creating THOUSANDS of clones, and NEVER noticed that he got all of their information? Buuuuullshit. Just pure stupidity.

Naruto doesn't look lame and unless they are similar to their old outfit main characters rarely get new outfits, unless you are in one piece.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Speaking of lame design, I swear if Naruto's new time-skip movie design with the pants that have "Naruto" across the ass make the final cut, I'm done...

luckyguess

Neo Member
Wouldn't be the first time. Wasn't there a filler scene where you can clearly see the fourth hokage walking down the hallway behind naruto, despite him being dead for the last 12 years at that point?

I believe that was the OVA where it pretty much stepped outside of the story and treated it as if the leaf village was a movie set between shooting scenes, so that one is forgivable I guess.

edit- No wait, I remember. It was that sports festival OVA, I think but that was very obviously separate from anything going on in the actual story and just for laughs.

Frog-fu

Banned
The new ultmate jutsu in the new Naruto game look ridiculous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsurcnPYv4g

Kushina is hilarious and terrifying at the same time, though the rest move set is just laughable. Also, if you want a good look at what Minato's crazy-named jutsu is, it's also included.

Yeah, this was by far the best Naruto design.

NarutoUzumakiPartIIKishimoto.jpg

PREACH. That coat was beyond fucking cool.

Naruto doesn't look lame and unless they are similar to their old outfit main characters rarely get new outfits, unless you are in one piece.

I'd say Naruto does look pretty lame by comparison. Kishimoto could have at least let him keep the coat.

I personally would have liked to see Naruto dress either like his dad or like Jiraiya.

Speaking of lame design, I swear if Naruto's new time-skip movie design with the pants that have "Naruto" across the ass make the final cut, I'm done...

Naruto's The Last movie designs have two different heights, so the hoodie one is likely his new design, which is badass enough for me to like it.

brinstar

Even shows with 20 episodes have only a few episodes of such quality animation. To expect a show with 375 episodes to have that is delusional.

I'm just glad naruto delivers on so many fights. As an anime series it has the best fights period.

It cant if people expect it to come out every week. The animators that do these are contracted and work other projects, combine that with the time it takes to actually finish an episode, the money required and there's just no way. Last one this this ghy was able to do was the fight scene in Obito vs Blood Mist. Before that 322 "Madara Uchiha" to give you an idea.

Guys, c'mon. I know this lol. I was just thinking out loud. I've never really liked the look of the Naruto show, so I get excited when an episode comes out that looks sweet.

SolVanderlyn

But Hasn't he been wearing a coat for like three years.
Naruto%27s_TBM1.png
I honestly really do not like this design. It's far too flamboyant and would have worked much better if he wasn't glowing neon orange all the time. Maybe if he only glowed when he did certain attacks, but being a walking light bulb at all times makes it kind of tacky. Then Minato had to go and get the same design. Sigh.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Naruto's The Last movie designs have two different heights, so the hoodie one is likely his new design, which is badass enough for me to like it.

The hoodie, yes, I'm good with that. The pants, no. Reminds me of those sweatpants chicks wear that say "JUICY" across the ass. And finally, beach sandals? Really, Kishimoto?

Heroman

Banned
I honestly really do not like this design. It's far too flamboyant and would have worked much better if he wasn't glowing neon orange all the time. Maybe if he only glowed when he did certain attacks, but being a walking light bulb at all times makes it kind of tacky. Then Minato had to go and get the same design. Sigh.
This is easily in my top ten end game forms. I love the coat and it looks cool to me.

It's just a chakra coat though, and those have always glowed a bit. I wish he had a Jiraya/Minato style coat as his normal outfit though.

As for the name across his butt? it's so his enemies know which one they are kissing.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 375 ナルト 疾風伝 Reaction - Kakashi VS Obito Beyond Epic! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLLvvRN0GxY

Oh My God, this is amazing. This guy seems to be an anime only watcher Obito fan. His a middle aged middle eastern guy that's just fanboying all over the place. The reaction is almost as good as the episode itself.

His nine tails cloak is unbelievably tacky. I honestly thought it was just bad fanart the first time I saw it (I didn't keep up with the manga at the time)

Why are you guys hating on my boy Naruto? Sage mode looks cool, Bijou mode looks cool also and his latest power up also looked great.

Namikaze1

Hey hey! He created the Sexy Jutsu. That got to count for something right?
Don't you dare say it is a variation of the Henge Jutsu!

Namikaze1

The new ultmate jutsu in the new Naruto game look ridiculous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsurcnPYv4g

Kushina is hilarious and terrifying at the same time, though the rest move set is just laughable. Also, if you want a good look at what Minato's crazy-named jutsu is, it's also included.
Kushina's Ultimate Jutsu against Naruto made it seem like she had an Inner self sorta like Sakura when she was beating the poor kid. I like that it's different when used against Minato. Also, I am never calling Minato's Ultimate Jutsu by that long ass name. Holy shit at Madara's and Hashirama's though.

Frog-fu

Banned
I really think his BM outfit looked much better in the manga. I don't like the glow. It's not only too Super Saiyan like, it also just doesn't work. None of his jinchūriki modes outside after 6 tails really look awesome.

Also, I found this fun little comic
Code:
[IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/175/d/7/sakura_and_kushina__comiks_by_mokolo123-d54nr4q.jpg[/IMG]

and Tsundere!Kurama
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jT12N3m.png[/IMG]

Namikaze1

I really think his BM outfit looked much better in the manga. I don't like the glow. It's not only too Super Saiyan like, it also just doesn't work. None of his jinchūriki modes outside after 6 tails really look awesome.

Also, I found this fun little comic
Code:
[IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/175/d/7/sakura_and_kushina__comiks_by_mokolo123-d54nr4q.jpg[/IMG]

and Tsundere!Kurama
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jT12N3m.png[/IMG]
Lol at Tsundere Kurama.

Also, Naruto just has the worst luck. Not only does he get hit by Sakura in that picture, he also gets hit by Kushina. Minato probably substituted himself with Naruto.
I know that's the scene from when they met during the Jinchuriki training mini arc.

There was a long period of time where Sasuke was Kishi's boy toy. It really bothered me. Naruto creating the rasenshuriken and all that training was one of my fave things. I wish we got so much more of that. At least we got sage mode. Also mastering Kurama.

I just hope Sasuke got humbled somewhat. He came into the war acting cocky and learn a lot of things.

1- he didn't knew shit. He constantly was surprised about things that Naruto knew already.

2- He wasn't as strong as he tough. He died against Madara.

3-He can't do things alone, he got saved a couple of times.

I always had a problem with how they developed Naruto. I like the less talented, hardworking approach but at least make him look respectable when doing it. Show me Naruto maturing technically as a Ninja, not just showing me a bunch of power ups that uses the same 2 techniques. If he was more portrayed like the Senjus, It'd be a lot better. They made Naruto too dim witted. Every character sans Naruto is more aesthetically pleasing.

Khezu

The Sasuke era really was fucking awful.

The worst part is Sasuke's story wasn't even that interesting. I mean the Itachi Sasuke fight was pretty good, but everything before then, and after that was just kinda w/e.

Then after the Kage arc, Kishi got bored of him, and he took back seat for the rest of the manga.

Heroman

Banned

The worst part is Sasuke's story wasn't even that interesting. I mean the Itachi Sasuke fight was pretty good, but everything before then, and after that was just kinda w/e.

Then after the Kage arc, Kishi got bored of him, and he took back seat for the rest of the manga.
Problem with sasuke was that kishi never made me care for him. From the very of the manga you were suppose to gate him and wait for the moment were nartuo surpass him, But for him to suddenly become the hero and for me to care for him didnt work.

Jigolo

Bee fight was dope as hell.

I just hope Sasuke got humbled somewhat. He came into the war acting cocky and learn a lot of things.

1- he didn't knew shit. He constantly was surprised about things that Naruto knew already.

2- He wasn't as strong as he tough. He died against Madara.

3-He can't do things alone, he got saved a couple of times.
yup. It's as if he was operating in a bubble while the rest of the world was also doing things but he didn't realize it. When he was surprised at Naruto's abilities like come on brah, what do you think he does all day?

It'll be interesting to see his attitude and what he does starting now.

The problem is that Sasuke was taken a backseat from a long time ago. When he fought against Kabuto he barely did anything, this was his major fight after his power up.

How Naruto arrived at the war?

He started against two Kages. Tsunade and Raikage.
Then he murdered some zetsus
Then One shotted a dangerous zombie (that magnet guy)
Fought against freaking Itachi and Nagato and won.
Went to every battlefield and singlehandedly turned the tides that night.
Then started the morning by beating two more kages (muu and third raikage) with just a clone
Then Madara came and things went crazy from then.

How Sasuke arrived at the war?

He started against White Zetsu
Then murdered some zetsus
Was an expectator on the Kabuto itachi fight
Revived Orochimaru and the kages and head to the battlefield.

His part is just boring,

Yeah the cloak looks fine in the manga, but like that one poster said, he is literally a walking light-bulb.... lol

Yeah and I really hope Sasuke turns it down. I don't want to see him keep up his bad attitude.

Heroman

Banned
When you think about it sasuke is basically a lamer version of vegeta. They both get shown up by the main hero. They both get wreck by the villain and they both want to fight the main hero.

Khezu

Kakashi can't use his Raikiri anymore.
I guess he always has Rasengan.

Maybe he could learn Hirashin, that would allow him to still cheese people with Raikiri.

Was the Sai/Sakura scene about Sasuke in the manga? I remember a scene very similar to that playing out way way earlier, so I wasn't sure if I was just misplacing it or not. The fact they take the time to show Shikamaru reacting is kinda interesting too (assuming this wasn't something that happened in the manga that is).

When you think about it sasuke is basically a lamer version of vegeta. They both get shown up by the main hero. They both get wreck by the villain and they both want to fight the main hero.

Thinking about it...

Vegeta was a jobber on
Racoom
Frieza
Android 18
Cell
Fat Buu
Kid Buu

Sasuke was a jobber on
Haku
Gaara
Killerbee