• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just hope Sasuke got humbled somewhat. He came into the war acting cocky and learn a lot of things.

1- he didn't knew shit. He constantly was surprised about things that Naruto knew already.

2- He wasn't as strong as he tough. He died against Madara.

3-He can't do things alone, he got saved a couple of times.

Don't forget how Kakashi shit on him from a great height. "Oh, you have two eternal sharingan? That's nice, lemme show you how its done using a pair of borrowed eyeballs a full level below yours."

Khezu

Was the Sai/Sakura scene about Sasuke in the manga? I remember a scene very similar to that playing out way way earlier, so I wasn't sure if I was just misplacing it or not. The fact they take the time to show Shikamaru reacting is kinda interesting too (assuming this wasn't something that happened in the manga that is).

Yes, there are like 4 or 5 scenes over the course of the war that point to Sasuke not wanting to play ball with everyone else.

So I was re-reading on MS.

Sasuke goes to make sure Madara is dead and Hagoromo stops him and says that Hashirama and Madara are about to speak and it's wise for him and Naruto to listen to them. After the death scene between the two there is a panel of Sasuke's face:

Hvqgq5t.png

It looks like he kind of learned a lesson there or took it to heart at least. Is it just me reading that drawing that way?

Heroman

Banned
Thinking about it...

Vegeta was a jobber on
Racoom
Frieza
Android 18
Cell
Fat Buu
Kid Buu

Sasuke was a jobber on
Haku
Gaara
Killerbee
4 kages
Kabuto
Madara
Kaguya

I probably missed a couple.

I dont think vegeta job to kid buu as he knew he couldnt win and was wasting time.

So I was re-reading on MS.

Sasuke goes to make sure Madara is dead and Hagoromo stops him and says that Hashirama and Madara are about to speak and it's wise for him and Naruto to listen to them. After the death scene between the two there is a panel of Sasuke's face:

It looks like he kind of learned a lesson there or took it to heart at least. Is it just me reading that drawing that way?

No he definitely looks pensive along with an undercurrent of sadness. I could understand a sense of disappointment too, but his lips are a bit too downward curved for me to get that reaction.

Frog-fu

Banned
Hey hey! He created the Sexy Jutsu. That got to count for something right?
Don't you dare say it is a variation of the Henge Jutsu!

I enjoy Sexy Jutsu as much as the Naruto fan, but
it is a variation of Henge no Jutsu.

Kushina's Ultimate Jutsu against Naruto made it seem like she had an Inner self sorta like Sakura when she was beating the poor kid. I like that it's different when used against Minato. Also, I am never calling Minato's Ultimate Jutsu by that long ass name. Holy shit at Madara's and Hashirama's though.

Kushina's ultimate is fucking terrifying. Squashing tomatoes is, I imagine, a euphemism for her bludgeoning someone's face in. Also, what the fuck in regards to her other jutsu right? Frying pans and shit.

Minato's jutsu looks boss, but Madara and Hashirama take the cake alright.

Lol at Tsundere Kurama.

Also, Naruto just has the worst luck. Not only does he get hit by Sakura in that picture, he also gets hit by Kushina. Minato probably substituted himself with Naruto.
I know that's the scene from when they met during the Jinchuriki training mini arc.

I think it's a reminder how they both hit Naruto. :p Kushina smacked him when he accused her of being the Kyūbi, remember?

There was a long period of time where Sasuke was Kishi's boy toy. It really bothered me. Naruto creating the rasenshuriken and all that training was one of my fave things. I wish we got so much more of that. At least we got sage mode. Also mastering Kurama.

Yeah, it was tough being a Naruto fan when Sasuke was being nothing but badass and Naruto was running after him like a tool.

I always had a problem with how they developed Naruto. I like the less talented, hardworking approach but at least make him look respectable when doing it. Show me Naruto maturing technically as a Ninja, not just showing me a bunch of power ups that uses the same 2 techniques. If he was more portrayed like the Senjus, It'd be a lot better. They made Naruto too dim witted. Every character sans Naruto is more aesthetically pleasing.

I liked Naruto's development best when he was hanging out with Jiraiya in Part I, learning how to walk on water, demand "rent" from Kurama, summon toads and learn to use the Rasengan... He eclipsed Sasuke in no time, and yet after spending 2-3 YEARS with the man, he comes back with an Ōdama Rasengan? Come the fuck on.

The thing about Naruto's dimwittedness is that he learns by doing. He doesn't understand jackshit in regards to theories unless you keep it very simple. I find that interesting, though sometimes Kishi takes it way too fucking war, e.g. when Kakashi was explaining the Kage Bunshin training method. Ugh.

The problem is that Sasuke was taken a backseat from a long time ago. When he fought against Kabuto he barely did anything, this was his major fight after his power up.

How Naruto arrived at the war?

He started against two Kages. Tsunade and Raikage.
Then he murdered some zetsus
Then One shotted a dangerous zombie (that magnet guy)
Fought against freaking Itachi and Nagato and won.
Went to every battlefield and singlehandedly turned the tides that night.
Then started the morning by beating two more kages (muu and third raikage) with just a clone
Then Madara came and things went crazy from then.

How Sasuke arrived at the war?

He started against White Zetsu
Then murdered some zetsus
Was an expectator on the Kabuto itachi fight
Revived Orochimaru and the kages and head to the battlefield.

His part is just boring,

B- b- but they're totally equals, right? Right?! I mean, Yin and Yang and all that...

Sasuke needs a break, a month to think or at least a good nights rest.

also where you do you rank the anime fight of Kakashi vs Obito?

Namikaze1

Next week on Naruto Z:

With the legendary Kages gone, Hagoromo reveals his true colors. Who can stop this wicked Sage? Find out next time, in the next exciting chapter of Naruto Z!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Definitely not going to end next week. Lolwtf?
kill me if i'm wrong

But the end of this year is plausible. I still expect there to be more Naruto after this ends.

Frog-fu

Banned
Is Kishi like akira toriyama ? Does he even like working on the manga?

The man has spent about 15 years of his life writing Naruto, with fewer breaks than most manga-ka I know of. It's also very likely he intended to end the manga a few years ago, judging by his interview, but was either pressured into continuing (not uncommon in the manga industry I hear) or simply couldn't pace it right. The man hasn't even been on his honeymoon yet. That's how crazy his work ethic is.

I got a lot of respect for Kishimoto, even if I am critical of his manga.

Erigu

For the looks of it, the series might end as soon as next week.
I imagine we'll still get a Naruto/Sasuke fight...
If the next volume (71) contains as many episodes as the recent ones, this week's episode is just the beginning of volume 72 (and volume 72 would end a bit before the premiere of the movie, too, for what it's worth).

Heroman

Banned
Eh, I think Naruto is a above average manga.If it was only part one then it would be one of best shonen around but part 2 really brings it down for me . So imo it no where near db greatness.

Frog-fu

Banned
Art wise, its one of the best I feel.

I definitely feel Kishimoto doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for his art. I'd say it's easily among the best out there. It's nowhere near as busy or hectic as manga like One Piece, but is also nowhere near as bare as Bleach. Kishimoto also doesn't fuck around with my sense of scale. I hate it when Oda does that.

Heroman

Banned
I definitely feel Kishimoto doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for his art. I'd say it's easily among the best out there. It's nowhere near as busy or hectic as manga like One Piece, but is also nowhere near as bare as Bleach. Kishimoto also doesn't fuck around with my sense of scale. I hate it when Oda does that.

Best among what, Manga artist in general or Shonen artist?

rrc1594

I know everyone wants to see Naruto Vs. Sasuke. I'm never going to see fight I wanted to see Neji Vs. Sasuke. That fight would of been so epic

Vegeta lost to Zarbon, and Sasuke lost to Itachi.
Honestly Sasuke seems to have been heavily inspired by vegeta just like Naruto was heavily inspired by Goku.
the differences being is that Vegeta and Goku are badasses that started off as enemies, and then grew into friendly rivals. While Naruto and Sasuke started off as friendly rivals then turned into enemies, well one sided enemies cause Naruto is too obsessed with Sasuke. Like one thing that annoys me about Naruto is that he thinks he knows sasuke better then sasuke, he says theyre like brothers when honestly they were more close friends. Like Sasuke left the village of his own accord, no one forced him to do it. Honestly in my eyes Shikamaru is Narutos best friend, theyre closer.
Sorry bout that, just needed to rant...

Kishimoto is definitely someone I respect a lot. And his art is definitely among the best for shonen. Haven't read a ton of other stuff to see. It's perfectly balanced especially during action. It's not absolutely hideous like Attack on Titan and it's not a slog to read and see what's going on like in One Piece.

rrc1594

I wasn't on Gaf then, but what was Gaf's reaction to Sasuke saying he wanted to be Hokage. I would love to see those post

Im mostly kidding right now. It think Naruto art can be great at times but like most weekly manga 90% of the time it looks just ok.
Yeah I sometimes feel the same way, when I was younger I did think Kishi was like the best manga-ka but now hes third behind Oda, and the best manga-ka being Araki. God Jojo is so freakin good!

Frog-fu

Banned
Im mostly kidding right now. It think Naruto art can be great at times but like most weekly manga 90% of the time it looks just ok.

I think Kishimoto's art has a very nice balance between simplicity and detail, and when he goes out of his way to be a little more artsy, the results are awesome. You can see it in a lot of his colour spreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom