• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else pick up on the really weird contrast in dialogue in this chapter? One minute they're entrusting the next generation to Naruto and Sasuke, then Sasuke reveals he's still fucking crazy and a radical extremist, then after that revelation they have a hopeful moment explaining that the future will be different and Sasuke/Naruto aren't Indra/Ashura... then the fight is set up. I don't know, the chapter's structure just felt very weird in general.

That said, this fight will be amazing. Sasuke is already making up for taking a backseat in the last fight.

Yeah, I think the pages where out of order or something. I keep surprised things keep happening.

xkQ9htm.jpg

If that isn't the face of a psychopath, I don't know what is.
Reminds me of light yagami

The end is nigh!

Chibaku Tensei is a normal technique of the rinnegan. Pain used it during his fight with Naruto. The reason why he didn't use it before is because both of his opponents (sage Madara and Kaguya) would've easily destroyed it. This time he neutralized the bijus then sealed them within it. Not that difficult to understand.

Jigolo

The end is nigh!

Chibaku Tensei is a normal technique of the rinnegan. Pain used it during his fight with Naruto. The reason why he didn't use it before is because both of his opponents (sage Madara and Kaguya) would've easily destroyed it. This time he neutralized the bijus then sealed them within it. Not that difficult to understand.
Yeah it's easier to make fun of Naruto. Please stop this rational thinking

Sasuke picks a fight with the ninja who has probably the most experience fighting Rinnegan users of any ninja alive, defeating all of them, and he thinks this will end well for him?

Time to get wrecked.

Guesong

Oh for fuck's sake Sasuke.

Really? REALLY?

And of course it happens just as Kakashi has been depowered. The man would spank this kid's nonsense so hard otherwise.

Steroyd

Well that was a shit reason for Sasuske to be an enemy, not to mention that he's needed to undo the infinite tsukiyomi, meaning he's going to HAVE to get talk no jutsu'd to save world. ¬_¬

*sigh*

I have super mixed feelings.

Of course the Sasuke and Naruto fight is about to be awesome.

I didn't want it to happen here, but it did for pretty much the plausible reason I thought it would happen.

Ugh come one Sasuke, losing some respect points for you right now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"But first I'm going to execute the five kage that are all under the effect of the infinite tsukuyomi.

And then, tailed beasts, I'm bringing you under my control.

And then I'm going to Disneyland."

luckyguess

Neo Member
This fight isn't a surprise to me at all but I thought it would gradually come to pass, not in this bipolar shit. This is about as bad as all the Hagoromo "By the way... I'm evil." plot predictions from a couple weeks back.

Ah well, it's time for me to just come to terms that the plot is utterly irredeemable at this point and just enjoy the final battle.

Frog-fu

Banned
Just read the chapter.

YEAH, BABY. I KNEW SAKURA WAS ON TO SOMETHING.

On break next week... WHYYYYYYYY?

DAMN IT ALL TO HELL.

Not Sasuke soloing all nine tailed beasts

XD

Ge ganked them with a genjutsu on the spot (somehow, lol magic) and then entombed them. It was basically a plot device so that Naruto can't use them in this fight, beyond the part of them he apparently retains.

Compared to naruto, who, outside the 8 tails, has fought each in combat and won.

luckyguess

Neo Member
So... Was anyone else confused by the part where Kurama agreed to live inside Naruto? I mean, half of him is already there. Did that mean Naruto was going to hold the entirety of the nine tails within him from then on? That would effectively double his current strength, wouldn't it?

-edit-

Now that I re-read it, Kurama only agreed that the half that was already in Naruto would stay there, not that he would go in and join it.

So... Was anyone else confused by the part where Kurama agreed to live inside Naruto? I mean, half of him is already there. Did that mean Naruto was going to hold the entirety of the nine tails within him from then on? That would effectively double his current strength, wouldn't it?

It sounds like he was going to have all the 9 tails, plus retain the chakra they gave him pre-fight, and more that seeps into him over time/serve a s communication hub for them.

None of this is a twist of any kind and nobody is bipolar. How many times did they hint that Sasuke's intentions are still unknown and that he still seems to have his violent streak inside of him. In fact this outcome makes complete sense and is basically why most people thought they'd end up having their fight to begin with. Different ideologies on what to make of the future.

Also of course it will end with a talk no jutsu, that's naruto's speciality. But that doesn't mean they can't have an epic fight. Also who knows...

darknil

As much as I wanted a Naruto vs. Sasuke fight
about 2 years ago
, I cannot but feel that this all wrong. I was shaking my head and doing the same face as Kakashi with this twist.

When Kishimoto said he was having problems with the ending, yeah, now I truly believe you.

As much as I wanted a Naruto vs. Sasuke fight , I cannot but feel that this all wrong. I was shaking my head and doing the same face as Kakashi with this twist.

When Kishimoto said he was having problems with the ending, yeah, now I truly believe you.
How is any of this a twist lol. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Was anyone paying attention the last many many chapters. None of this is surprising or out of character for Sasuke. And there have been hints that something was up.

There were hints but I still feel like it was a bad move to make them fight like this but whatever.

You guys see how Sakura was holding Kakashi tho

Frog-fu

Banned
There were hints but I still feel like it was a bad move to make them fight like this but whatever.

You guys see how Sakura was holding Kakashi tho

Why? Practically everyone I know wanted Naruto VS Sasuke to happen, and now it is. It's happening.

Also, KakaSaku is a creepy as fuck.

Not here. You can be okay with it all you want, i'm just saying it really left a bad taste in my mouth even though i'm still hyped for the fight.

So what I don't understand is why Hagoromo couldn't release the infinite tsukuyomi/take the seals from Sasuke/Naruto; I thought he just bestowed these powers to them temporarily?

A real twist would have been if Sasuke was like hey guys we did it! High fives all round! Enjoy being Hokage Naruto! Unless I become one! Lets have a friendly rivalry and live and laugh together forever! lol....

Logically speaking, with Sasuke's performance against Kaguya, he's about to get wrecked so hard.
one side of me kind of hopes the fight isn't competitive at all and Naruto straight roflstomps this guy.

Bahahaha... What the hell? I thought mangakyo hurt the eyes, not ears. Kakashi all chapter - "huh?","what?", "wait, what?"

And these last 2 years have played out like the longest end boss Final Fantasy chapter ever!

"It's come to this, you were the enemy all along! Let's end this! - Obito

"Haha. I was pulling the strings you fools!" - Madara

"Not even my final form!!!!" - Madara

"Gasp! Who are you!?!"
"..." - Kaguya

"Wow. We just saved the world.

"Uhh, no you didn't. Fuck up the world! Let's end this!" - Sasuke

Time break

"Naruto, we felt your power level all the way from our distant planet (or continent). We're here to take earth and harness ninja chakra."

How is any of this a twist lol. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Was anyone paying attention the last many many chapters. None of this is surprising or out of character for Sasuke. And there have been hints that something was up.
Exactly. People acting surprised must not have payed attention to what was going on. Hints that Sasuke would do this were constantly given.

luckyguess

Neo Member
None of this is a twist of any kind and nobody is bipolar. How many times did they hint that Sasuke's intentions are still unknown and that he still seems to have his violent streak inside of him. In fact this outcome makes complete sense and is basically why most people thought they'd end up having their fight to begin with. Different ideologies on what to make of the future.

Hey, a couple weeks back it felt like I was one of the only one still insisting that this fight was still going to happen. Everyone else seemed to be implying that the Great Toad Sage's prophecy was a misinterpretation of a friendly slap-boxing match down the line. However, I thought it would be handled with a bit more tact and build-up.

Instead, we got this:

Hagoromo: Um... Sasuke... I made everything convenient for you. Wasn't there something... You were talking about doing before? You know... That thing.

Sasuke: Huh? Oh, yeah. Thanks for reminding me! *clears throat* Muahahahahahaha!!!

Kakashi: What the fuck?

Hopefully it's just next week. Kishi will probably take three weeks.
hope not :(

Also I really hope this fight is great. I want lots of hand to hand obito/kakashi style. I want lots of Jutsus, maybe even ones we haven't seen these guys use much or at all. Obviously it's going to end in a meaningful and epic talk no jutsu, which I'm actually looking forward to though it will probably play out better in the anime than wasting chapters on it. There's all the ingredients for something great here.

HOLY SHIT KISHI REDEMMED

Although it was obvious, I had a fear he was going to ignore what Sasuke foreshadowed until now. Finally! This is it everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom