• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyguess

Neo Member
I love how everyone is all "I saw this coming" when just last week you were like "I don't see it happening at this point. There's no motive."

jstripes

Banned
xkQ9htm.jpg

If that isn't the face of a psychopath, I don't know what is.

#GamerGate

luckyguess

Neo Member
Anyone else notice how Kishimoto slipped in that lame excuse for Naruto not so much as attempting to Talk no Jutsu Kaguya?

"Unlike everyone else I fought in the past, it felt like Kaguya didn't have a heart at all."

Really, Naruto? After she literally cried over how you and Sasuke reminded her of her sons in the middle of the fight? How about when she got all flustered over Sexy Jutsu?

Kishimoto, just admit you were too lazy to explain what would have probably been one of the most interesting backstories in the manga.

-edit-

And then, just when you thought there was hope for a little insight into Kaguya via Hagoromo, all we get from him is "I don't know what her problem was. Must have been the chakra fruit or something."

It's happening.gif

It's too bad there is a week off next week.

I remember a while back people were wondering how Kakashi or Naruto could become Hokage with Tsunade still around, but now I could easily see Sasuke taking out a few of the Kages during this fight. (although I doubt Kishi has the stones to off Gaara)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This battle is going to be Hobbes vs Rousseau. Dictatorship vs. Power of Friendship. Etc.

Anyone else notice how Kishimoto slipped in that lame excuse for Naruto not so much as attempting to Talk no Jutsu Kaguya?

"Unlike everyone else I fought in the past, it felt like Kaguya didn't have a heart at all."

Really, Naruto? After she literally cried over how you and Sasuke reminded her of her sons in the middle of the fight? How about when she got all flustered over Sexy Jutsu?

Kishimoto, just admit you were too lazy to explain what would have probably been one of the most interesting backstories in the manga.

-edit-

And then, just when you thought there was hope for a little insight into Kaguya via Hagoromo, all we get from him is "I don't know what her problem was. Must have been the chakra fruit or something."

Jenova had no heart.

luckyguess

Neo Member
If the movie design is any indication, something will happen to Naruto's right arm during this fight. Unless bandaging your arm up is some sort of fashion statement.

Village

ok

so I got some things to day.
I can understand sasuke for some weird reason.

Watch, watch sasuke, pulls some shit out that he could have used during the battle, but didn't because reasons. Watch he secretly had a 3rd eye the entire time. Or some crazy crap.

Khezu

Kishi hand waved the Bijuu's away too quickly.
I know they needed to be out of the way for the fight, but they or Naruto could have at least put up a fight.

Also, old guy, mentions Naruto and Sasuke's seals, I wonder if means something else, or if they still have the BFF tats, and they are just taking their sweet time to recharge/return, since that huge CT took a lot out of them.

daveo42

Banned
This is going to go on for another year isn't it? I mean, not surprised by a final fight between Naruto and the Sauce, but I can see this getting dragged out for some time if needed.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yeah so... I don't think this is the end of the series. I've never been super-sold on the idea of a part 3, but suddenly it seems like a million times more feasible.

"Revolution." The entire plot of a part 3. Their fight here is inconclusive, Sasuke escapes, starts to build a revolutionary movement and overthrow the ninja system.

More than anything, I'm thinking this because of Hagoromo's explanation for Kaguya's craziness. "I dunno man, I think maybe something happened to her after she ate that fruit, but who knows." I know people will say "loool kishi" and what a cop-out that is, but I read it less as a cop-out, and more as a "there's an answer here, and I'm not writing it yet." Like there's a point in the future where it will be revealed. Like half of what was going on with Kaguya was NEVER revealed, because the manga's not going to be over.

I DUNNO DUDES.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto has the worst birthdays.

Day of birth - loses both parents.
Birthdays up until 12 - village pariah, so likely alone w/ the exception of Hiruzen
Birthdays 12-16 - better, I would assume, but not all that great
Birthhday 17 - best friend turns evil and needs to be put down; even if it's not permanent, it'll sure dampen the mood

Yeah so... I don't think this is the end of the series. I've never been super-sold on the idea of a part 3, but suddenly it seems like a million times more feasible.

"Revolution." The entire plot of a part 3. Their fight here is inconclusive, Sasuke escapes, starts to build a revolutionary movement and overthrow the ninja system.

More than anything, I'm thinking this because of Hagoromo's explanation for Kaguya's craziness. "I dunno man, I think maybe something happened to her after she ate that fruit, but who knows." I know people will say "loool kishi" and what a cop-out that is, but I read it less as a cop-out, and more as a "there's an answer here, and I'm not writing it yet." Like there's a point in the future where it will be revealed. Like half of what was going on with Kaguya was NEVER revealed, because the manga's not going to be over.

I DUNNO DUDES.
I highly doubt that their fight will go to part 3. It will end now, and we will see them in 10-20 years in the future drinking sake together and having fun.

wmlk

Yeah, Kaguya having no heart is just straight BS. Her crying over Sasuke and Naruto was haunting.

Kishi killed a lot of goodwill with the Kaguya, and he knows it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I highly doubt that their fight will go to part 3.

I can see it. They're planting seeds for it here and there, thing without explanation, thing that could change the future, dude who you can't just punch until he stops believing what he believes this time.

If there's NOT a part 3 after all this, it's basically just horribly written with 400 unresolved plot threads. "Hm Kaguya turned evil but we don't know why, we suspect it was something during [unexplained period of time]," "oh Hagoromo's brother right, he just went away at some point I guess", "OH Kaguya needed an army for.... something." So much of this is setup with no payoff yet.

And I really do believe "revolution" could drive an arc after a timeskip. Even if it's just the one arc, then series over.

I mean maybe this is the end. But I'm going to put hope in "unfinished story with plans for future resolution" over "unfinished story that will end with no fucking resolution at all."

Hag and Kag need no more panels wasted on their stupid ass, written out on a napkin history. Whatever he missing pieces are, they'll suck.

Now, I do like the idea of a Sasuke revolution versus Naruto evolution, but even then, you're retreading a ninja war with a bunch of ninjas who were supposed to have learned the power of working together.

Just lame all together. Hopefully the action of the fight is good.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeah, Kaguya having no heart is just straight BS. Her crying over Sasuke and Naruto was haunting.

Kishi killed a lot of goodwill with the Kaguya, and he knows it.

The Jūbi was screaming and freaking out at/over Naruto and Kurama said appealing to it was pointless because it felt nothing. Kaguya is the Jūbi. If it's BS, which I don't think it is, it's at least consistent.

Sasuke loses, doesn't quite die. Is JnJd

Both of them are weakened. Sage is all like "they're weakened, now there's nothing in my way!" Narusasu work together to beat sage. Narusasu are extremely drained after that.

Sakura "CHAAA NOW THERE'S NOTHING IN MY WAY TO RULE THE WORLDDDD"

Sasuke loses, doesn't quite die. Is JnJd

Both of them are weakened. Sage is all like "they're weakened, now there's nothing in my way!" Narusasu work together to beat sage. Narusasu are extremely drained after that.

Sakura "CHAAA NOW THERE'S NOTHING IN MY WAY TO RULE THE WORLDDDD"
Sasuke - "... I finally see you, Sakura."
And so ends that battle.

Ponn

Banned
Can we please just off Sasuke already. The dude is beyond redemption, he has no inklings of a conscience even after repeatedly being shown how he has been played as a harp he still continues to make bad decisions. He is a self-absorbed murderous little shit, aka Madara part 2. Make it quick and give his eyes to Kakashi, done and done. We can move onto hinata x Naruto and Kakashi x Sakura.

Gamerloid

After that embarrassment that was the Kaguya "battle," Naruto vs Sasuke is very welcomed. I knew it was coming, Sasuke couldn't have turned good with a flick of the switch, and there were signs all around us. From Sai and that guy in Taka not sure of his motives, to is never seeing his answer to the Sage.

Naruto said at the summit the next time they fight they'll both die. Team Naruto x Hinata so that better not happen. Sasuke needs to get smacked.

Next chapter. Sasuke tries his switcheroo trick, Naruto dodges it and kicks him in the face. Sasuke's teeth rain over the battlefield.

Or we can get some Bullshit, about Sasuke keeping up with Naruto speed, and surviving his attacks.

Frog-fu

Banned
As BS at it is, I full expect Kishimoto to nerf Naruto, or at least make him hold back. By feats alone, this shouldn't even be a fight. Without author intent, this would be a one-sided massacre of biblical proportions

Trey

It's not that no one saw this coming, it's just the justification for it is super corny, and the drama between the two characters doesn't feel built up enough for this climactic final battle. Contrast with the VotE fight, which had clear motives for both sides and was the tipping point in Sasuke and Naruto's relationship.

Well who wants a lame one sided fight? This manga has been nothing but BS for a while now so Sasuke vs Naruto being a good fight somehow doesn't stick out as anymore BS than usual.

It's not that no one saw this coming, it's just the justification for it is super corny, and the drama between the two characters doesn't feel built up enough for this climactic final battle. Contrast with the VotE fight, which had clear motives for both sides and was the tipping point in Sasuke and Naruto's relationship.
Basically, Sasuke and company should have bent Madara to his will and we skipped all this Hag/Kag bs. There's the true final fight.

Navid

Personally think this is all simply a illusion put on by Sasuke to see how Naruto reacts and deals with this situation... and use the outcome to confirm/change his thoughts and answer to the Sage.

Naruto has the worst birthdays.

Day of birth - loses both parents.
Birthdays up until 12 - village pariah, so likely alone w/ the exception of Hiruzen
Birthdays 12-16 - better, I would assume, but not all that great
Birthhday 17 - best friend turns evil and needs to be put down; even if it's not permanent, it'll sure dampen the mood
Getting to fight his rival is the best bday present ever. They will understabd each other through exchanging blows. That means they are high level shinobi.

Good times goos times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom