• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
I really liked this look on Naruto's face when Sasuke went evil.

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-10%20at%2017.33.40.png

Just looks awesome.

Road

Sasuke:
Don't forget to buy Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm
Revolution
releasing worldwide for PS3 and Xbox 360 and Windows PC!

Logically speaking, with Sasuke's performance against Kaguya, he's about to get wrecked so hard.

It turns out it he was holding back on purpose to deceive Naruto.

I guess I'm in the minority as I feel like this wasn't contrived. Sasuke rationalized after talking to the Hokages that it wasn't the leaf village itself that lead to problems, it was the ninja village system and the tailed beasts. The village system may have solved the problems of constant conflict in the past, but it has outgrown its original purpose and is causing more conflict now. So killing all the Kages and removing the tailed beasts from the equation is supposed to help put everything back on a level playing field so that something new has the freedom and potential to develop. His motivation seems understandable enough.

And I guess this means that Sasuke's 'sad' face looking at Madara was more disappointment that he wasn't truly committed to his goals to the very end (or something of that nature). Also, I believe the Sage said they only need to put the seals together to dispel the Tsukuyomi, so Naruto doesn't have to Talk no Jutsu to get it to work.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Sasuke:
Don't forget to buy Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm
Revolution
releasing worldwide for PS3 and Xbox 360 and Windows PC!

It turns out it he was holding back on purpose to deceive Naruto.

That doesn't make any sense because again, when Naruto and Sasuke met after the kage summit, Naruto was already probably stronger than Sasuke (or at least, they were equal).

Since then, Sasuke has received the following power ups:
1. Itachi's eyes (awakens eternal mangekyo)
2. Rinnegan/Yin Chakra from Hagaromo, mastery of the substitution jutsu.

Naruto has obtained:
1. Complete 9 tails chakra mode (initially only had access to some of the chakra, but kurama started working with him fully once he fought with the reanimated jinchuriki... I think that's when it was), ridiculous sensory/perception capabilities which allow him to sense emotions, granting him perception capabilities beyond that of the sharingan or byakugan. In this mode, he's faster than the raikage at max speed.

2. The chakra of the 1 through 8 tails.
3. Hagaromo's Yang Chakra, truth seeking balls, super healing, speed that exceeds that of Kaguya and sasuke's teleportation, and even more ridiculous sensory/perception capabilities that, while not ocular in nature, seem to match or exceed the rinnegan.

This shouldn't be a contest, even if sasuke was holding back.

luckyguess

Neo Member
The Jūbi was screaming and freaking out at/over Naruto and Kurama said appealing to it was pointless because it felt nothing. Kaguya is the Jūbi. If it's BS, which I don't think it is, it's at least consistent.

How is Naruto's failure to sympathize with Kaguya consistent? Sasuke, who expresses nothing but disdain for everything he can understand by exchanging blows but Kaguya nothing? She obviously had a "heart". She went through a variety of emotions. I mean hell, one of the first things she did was express that she didn't want their battle causing anymore harm to the Earth and thus moved it to one of her dimensions. Why the hell would she care about something like that if she had no heart to speak of?

I guess I'm in the minority as I feel like this wasn't contrived. Sasuke rationalized after talking to the Hokages that it wasn't the leaf village itself that lead to problems, it was the ninja village system and the tailed beasts. The village system may have solved the problems of constant conflict in the past, but it has outgrown its original purpose and is causing more conflict now. So killing all the Kages and removing the tailed beasts from the equation is supposed to help put everything back on a level playing field so that something new has the freedom and potential to develop. His motivation seems understandable enough.

And I guess this means that Sasuke's 'sad' face looking at Madara was more disappointment that he wasn't truly committed to his goals to the very end (or something of that nature). Also, I believe the Sage said they only need to put the seals together to dispel the Tsukuyomi, so Naruto doesn't have to Talk no Jutsu to get it to work.

Whats to stop the villages from just choosing new Kage? Or uniting against him to preserve their way of life?

The only solution would be to exterminate all ninja. No ninja, means no ninja villages, and thus, the system ends.

Otherwise, what he is doing is pretty much the exact same thing they just spent the entire series fighting against: on outside party trying to force their view on the world via Fiat.

Trey

Just looks awesome.

"word nigga? Just like that? After all that bullshit we just went through? A'ight, I'm going to give you these hands right quick cuz you always acting up."

Watch Naruto beat the brakes off sasuke until the latter pulls a kaiba and threatens to kill himself.

In fact, I'm nearly positive that happens.

I-hate-u

"word nigga? Just like that? After all that bullshit we just went through? A'ight, I'm going to give you these hands right quick cuz you always acting up."

Watch Naruto beat the brakes off sasuke until the latter pulls a kaiba and threatens to kill himself.

He is not getting out of this alive. He is too powerful to be let go and act up later. Naruto will break the mold and there will be no Talk no Jutsu this time.

Believe it.

Seriously what does Sasuke think is going to happen if he succeeds here?

"Hey everyone, I just killed your beloved kages and killed the tailed beasts who helped us all.....................so FOLLOW ME, REVOLUTION YEAHHHHHH."

*everyone unites and tries to kill Sasuke*

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Seriously what does Sasuke think is going to happen if he succeeds here?

"Hey everyone, I just killed your beloved kages and killed the tailed beasts who helped us all.....................so FOLLOW ME, REVOLUTION YEAHHHHHH."

*everyone unites and tries to kill Sasuke*

he hates the current government because he see's it as they caused this whole situation and war. He probably has one of two objectives. 1. He wants to kill the kages and instead of being one hokage of a city he wants to be a dictator of the ninja world and run things his way so war doesnt break out again, or 2. He wants to kill all the current kages and put who he wants in place, he would still somewhat be a dictator but he would have people below him that run the individual cites.

Whats to stop the villages from just choosing new Kage? Or uniting against him to preserve their way of life?

The only solution would be to exterminate all ninja. No ninja, means no ninja villages, and thus, the system ends.

Otherwise, what he is doing is pretty much the exact same thing they just spent the entire series fighting against: on outside party trying to force their view on the world via Fiat.

The reasoning as I see it is that the Ninja Villages themselves devolved over time into conflict regarding the tailed beasts, thereby failing their original purpose. So by taking out the tailed beasts, you reduce the primary driver of conflict. Then by killing all the leaders at once, you set the stage for a possible widespread change in society. A single village asking "Who do we replace our leader with?" is very different from the entire world asking "Who do we replace all our leaders with?" The latter raises broader questions regarding the system as a whole.

If the president dies, the vice president simply takes over. But if all our elected officials die, society has the opportunity to make a bigger decision about how to go forward without the shackles of the past influencing the decision. Now I don't think Sasuke would be happy if society just decided to stick with the old way, but I also don't think he disapproved of Madara's methods so much as his goal. Sasuke has another goal in mind, but I think he's happy to pursue it through violence and coercion if necessary:

he hates the current government because he see's it as they caused this whole situation and war. He probably has one of two objectives. 1. He wants to kill the kages and instead of being one hokage of a city he wants to be a dictator of the ninja world and run things his way so war doesnt break out again, or 2. He wants to kill all the current kages and put who he wants in place, he would still somewhat be a dictator but he would have people below him that run the individual cites.

I can see it. They're planting seeds for it here and there, thing without explanation, thing that could change the future, dude who you can't just punch until he stops believing what he believes this time.

If there's NOT a part 3 after all this, it's basically just horribly written with 400 unresolved plot threads. "Hm Kaguya turned evil but we don't know why, we suspect it was something during [unexplained period of time]," "oh Hagoromo's brother right, he just went away at some point I guess", "OH Kaguya needed an army for.... something." So much of this is setup with no payoff yet.

And I really do believe "revolution" could drive an arc after a timeskip. Even if it's just the one arc, then series over.

I mean maybe this is the end. But I'm going to put hope in "unfinished story with plans for future resolution" over "unfinished story that will end with no fucking resolution at all."

Kaguya became evil after eating the devil fruit lol.

SVKKeB3.png

Welcome to NarutOnline

NarutOnline is a nexus of hardcore Tailed Beasts. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

Administrator: Kurama

The only way Sasuke can get out of this without becoming another Madara and starting another war is if he:

- kills Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura, leaving no witnesses

- uses the tailed beasts he has trapped to help set everyone free, then immediately killing them(no idea how he plans to do this when they just come back after a certain period of time)

- kills the kages before anyone knows what's up

- lies to the world and says Kaguya killed everyone and that he's the last one standing, thus they all flock to him

The reasoning as I see it is that the Ninja Villages themselves devolved over time into conflict regarding the tailed beasts, thereby failing their original purpose. So by taking out the tailed beasts, you reduce the primary driver of conflict. Then by killing all the leaders at once, you set the stage for a possible widespread change in society. A single village asking "Who do we replace our leader with?" is very different from the entire world asking "Who do we replace all our leaders with?" The latter raises broader questions regarding the system as a whole.

If the president dies, the vice president simply takes over. But if all our elected officials die, society has the opportunity to make a bigger decision about how to go forward without the shackles of the past influencing the decision. Now I don't think Sasuke would be happy if society just decided to stick with the old way, but I also don't think he disapproved of Madara's methods so much as his goal. Sasuke has another goal in mind, but I think he's happy to pursue it through violence and coercion if necessary:

I don't think they have ever been shown fighting over the tailed beasts. Rather, they have been shown to be a sort of WMD a way to end a battle if need be. It was a deterrent, in theory. Granted, the sand invasion happened before the bijou storyline had come into play, with that role. Still, ultimately it was konoha's host that was able to defeat sand's.

How waterfall got one is anyone's guess.

Why no one thought to defend theirs, like they did with Gaara, is also anyone's guess. It seems like Akatsuki was able to secure most of them fairly unopposed.

Khezu

I would imagine Sasuke would quickly learn how to use the other paths, since he just learned how to do CT, 9 of them too, in like an instant.(No idea where he is getting this kind of chakra from, he doesn't have any kind of chakra batteries, and never got any kind of powerup that would increase his chakra capacity).

Hungry Ghost realm, and Deva path will help a lot, but Naruto is already familiar with the 5 second rule, and could easily get around it to knock his shit out. Other paths wouldn't be that useful against Naruto.

Sai

For those of you wondering how Sasuke can possibly compete with Naruto at this point: Kishimoto just alluded to him suddenly getting the hang of the Rinnegan's abilities after that Chibaku Tensei. It's also possible that he'll awaken a second for his right eye to make a pair, which makes their ocular powers all the greater.

It's some bull, but there you have it.

And as much as you guys would love to see it, Sasuke's not dying. This isn't just about stopping Sasuke, but ending the feud between Asura and Indra; stopping them from continuing it with their new "reincarnations"(or stopping the transmigration altogether). There'll be lots of fists, chakra, 'n explosions abound with them reaching some kind of agreement, some kind of understanding in the end.

True peace is going to come from him cooperating with Naruto. It's just going to take a few well-placed Rasengan for it to come to that. :p

I would imagine Sasuke would quickly learn how to use the other paths, since he just learned how to do CT, 9 of them too, in like an instant.(No idea where he is getting this kind of chakra from, he doesn't have any kind of chakra batteries, and never got any kind of powerup that would increase his chakra capacity).
Kishimoto hasn't been paying much heed to chakra thresholds these last few arcs. Look at how long Kakashi was holding out all that time, while using Obito's Sharingan, before he started getting pick-me-ups from Kurama/Naruto's chakra.

Hungry Ghost realm, and Deva path will help a lot, but Naruto is already familiar with the 5 second rule, and could easily get around it to knock his shit out. Other paths wouldn't be that useful against Naruto.
I'm actually curious if that 5-second rule would apply to the original Rinnegan user. It was only ever brought up for Nagato's Tendō puppet/Yahiko.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Between the senju, Gaara's family, anD the 3rd/4th raikage, at least half of the kage have had family become kage. The current village system is turning into a blood feud between their most prestigious clans

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Sage Mode is enough to counter pretty much every path and all Deva would take is a bit of clever thinking, this fight should last all of one punch. Shit, Naruto doesn't even really need to connect to do damage. If this fight takes more than 3 pages then Kishi is pulling some bullshit.

Between the senju, Gaara's family, anD the 3rd/4th raikage, at least half of the kage have had family become kage. The current village system is turning into a blood feud between their most prestigious clans

A blood feud that seems to have been broken if not with this generation then the next. The Sause hasn't been paying attention if he thinks he needs to go this far to change shit. Besides, who does he think he's kidding? He should know he has no real chance in this fight, he just saw everyone run circles around him. You'd think Kakashi shitting on him from atop Everest with borrowed eyeballs that weren't even at max level would have humbled him a bit.

Sage Mode is enough to counter pretty much every path and all Deva would take is a bit of clever thinking, this fight should last all of one punch. Shit, Naruto doesn't even really need to connect to do damage. If this fight takes more than 3 pages then Kishi is pulling some bullshit.

Sage most definitely isn't enough to handle all the paths in one body.

Naruto and Bee got completely embarrassed by Nagato and he couldn't even walk.

Frog-fu

Banned
How is Naruto's failure to sympathize with Kaguya consistent? Sasuke, who expresses nothing but disdain for everything he can understand by exchanging blows but Kaguya nothing? She obviously had a "heart". She went through a variety of emotions. I mean hell, one of the first things she did was express that she didn't want their battle causing anymore harm to the Earth and thus moved it to one of her dimensions. Why the hell would she care about something like that if she had no heart to speak of?

Kaguya is capable of displaying emotion like rage and sorrow but she is a force that cannot be reasoned with. Everyone Naruto has ever fought and converted had good in them on some level, they had their reasons and he could relate to them. Kaguya isn't like that.

Didn't Naruto lose all the tailed beasts so he is weaker now?

He still has a portion of all them and according to Hagoromo more will seep in over time. Plus he still has his Kekkei Mōra, i.e. TSB.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Kaguya is capable of displaying emotion like her range and apparent sorrow but she is a force that cannot be reasoned with. Everyone Naruto has ever fought and converted had good in them on some level, they had their reasons and he could relate with them. Kaguya isn't like that.

Where are you getting this from? Black Zetsu was sure doing a lot of reasoning toward her. Naruto didn't even try to reason with her, just instantly deemed that she couldn't be changed. That's so out of character for him and even violates the theme of the story.

Kaguya obtained her powers because she originally wanted to end the constant war. How could Naruto not relate to that? It wasn't evil intent and for a while she was praised as a benevolent goddess until she eventually flipped her lid. Hagoromo gives us some vague explanation:

"I dunno. Chakra fruit induced PMS."

It was just the worst sendoff of any villain I've seen in the entire manga, hands down and just adds to the notion that Kishimoto just doesn't know how to write for female characters worth his ass.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Sasuke will scatter the bijuus all over the world and Naruto's mission will be to find them to summon the Juubi so it can grant him a wish.

I did like Naruto's reactions to Sasuke.

"*sigh* of course this was gonna happen, another fool I gotta take care of, im getting too old for this shit"

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Just looks awesome.

Yep he knew it was coming. Him and Sakura both, from the second Sasuke showed up. They played nice as long as they could pretend to, but this was always the end game.

Frog-fu

Banned
Where are you getting this from? Black Zetsu was sure doing a lot of reasoning toward her. Naruto didn't even try to reason with her, just instantly deemed that she couldn't be changed. That's so out of character for him and even violates the theme of the story.

Kaguya obtained her powers because she originally wanted to end the constant war. How could Naruto not relate to that? It wasn't evil intent and for a while she was praised as a benevolent goddess until she eventually flipped her lid. Hagoromo gives us some vague explanation:

"I dunno. Chakra fruit induced PMS."

It was just the worst sendoff of any villain I've seen in the entire manga, hands down and just adds to the notion that Kishimoto just doesn't know how to write for female characters worth his ass.

You realise Kaguya is the Jūbi right, the very same creature Kurama told Naruto can't be reasoned with? The fact Naruto states he felt as though she had no heart should be credible enough in and of itself. If there was a chance she could have been reasoned with, if he could have reached out to her, then he would have tried. The fact is, he couldn't. Black Zetsu spoke about Kaguya, not for her.

What little glimpses of humanity we saw of her like her memories of her children, the tears she shed thinking about them, those were just that, glimpses. Kaguya is a ball of emotion, she feels and remembers but doesn't necessarily think.

Hagoromo's words on his mother were simply a repeat of what we already knew thanks to Madara. Kaguya's power corrupted her, she became a mindless creature because of it, and that's why it was up to her children to seal her away.

Yep he knew it was coming. Him and Sakura both, from the second Sasuke showed up. They played nice as long as they could pretend to, but this was always the end game.

Naruto is capable of sensing negative emotions, so I think that's why he wasn't in shock and came to terms with it. He knows Sasuke is for real.

Hahahaha, probably. I'm hoping he keeps his original promise to break all the bones in his body at least.

That doesn't make any sense because again, when Naruto and Sasuke met after the kage summit, Naruto was already probably stronger than Sasuke (or at least, they were equal).

Since then, Sasuke has received the following power ups:
1. Itachi's eyes (awakens eternal mangekyo)
2. Rinnegan/Yin Chakra from Hagaromo, mastery of the substitution jutsu.

Naruto has obtained:
1. Complete 9 tails chakra mode (initially only had access to some of the chakra, but kurama started working with him fully once he fought with the reanimated jinchuriki... I think that's when it was), ridiculous sensory/perception capabilities which allow him to sense emotions, granting him perception capabilities beyond that of the sharingan or byakugan. In this mode, he's faster than the raikage at max speed.

2. The chakra of the 1 through 8 tails.
3. Hagaromo's Yang Chakra, truth seeking balls, super healing, speed that exceeds that of Kaguya and sasuke's teleportation, and even more ridiculous sensory/perception capabilities that, while not ocular in nature, seem to match or exceed the rinnegan.

This shouldn't be a contest, even if sasuke was holding back.

Sasuke will be as strong as he needs to be to make this fight entertaining.

luckyguess

Neo Member
You realise Kaguya is the Jūbi right, the very same creature Kurama told Naruto can't be reasoned with? The fact Naruto states he felt as though she had no heart should be credible enough in and of itself. If there was a chance she could have been reasoned with, if he could have reached out to her, then he would have tried. The fact is, he couldn't. Black Zetsu spoke about Kaguya, not for her.

What little glimpses of humanity we saw of her like her memories of her children, the tears she shed thinking about them, those were just that, glimpses. Kaguya is a ball of emotion, she feels and remembers but doesn't necessarily think.

Hagoromo's words on his mother were simply a repeat of what we already knew thanks to Madara. Kaguya's power corrupted her, she became a mindless creature because of it, and that's why it was up to her children to seal her away.

In a story that has made a central theme of the notion that no one is ever irredeemable, how does that explanation sit right with you? I'm not saying that there aren't ways to explain why Naruto said what he did. Kishimoto can pull any explanation he wants out of his ass and set it all up to coincide. I'm just pointing out how lame the explanation is when compared to the theme that's been shoved down our throats from the beginning. Especially when this is basically what transpired in this chapter:

Naruto: "No offense Sage but I felt like your mom was an irredeemable bitch, unlike my awesome mom."

Sage: "None taken, I feel the same way about Sasuke."

Naruto: "Fuck you, Sage. I'll prove that even someone like him can be redeemed!"

Talk about convenient inconsistency...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom