• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That's kind of the point. He was best suited for the position and is probably the most talented, humble, peaceful minded ninja that was available, but he had to give everything up to do what he thought was right.

Speaking of what he did, he had to be really, really strong to take out the entire Uchiha clan. I know we don't know much about them, but his dad is at least insinuated to be a pretty competent ninja, and there were probably a good amount of jounins at Asuma or Kakashi's level. I know Madara can summon meteors and Hashirama can summon wood dragons and giant gates and that they can even alter the landscape with their awesomeness, but I think Itachi had to be at least approaching their level. He was also a good deal younger than both of them at their prime.

We really never get to see the extent of Itachi's power. He's terminally ill during Shippuden, possibly even during part 1.

Edo Itachi curbstomps sage Kabuto. Itachi is probably around Nagato's level (and Nagato really was much more powerful than sage mode Naruto, it's just that he had been fighting the entire leaf village, had to deal with the fury of naruto using the full power of the 9 tails, and was also diluting his chakra into 5 separate bodies.).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Its funny how the Akatuski done goofed. Funny how they want to go through with the Moons Eye Plan only to give up on it. Obito and Kubuto are like "What the fuck did I just do?" Madara is probably going to think the same. They resurrected some ridiculous alien looking God. I am sure they didn't plan on that happening.

Its just pretty crazy just how this final boss escalated

1) Tobi with the tailed beast and Edo Madara
2) Obito God mode
3) Madara 10 tails
4) Madara God mode
5) Kaguya lady or whatever her name is

you missed 2.5 - Madara human form, which curbstomped all of the tailed beasts in seconds flat. (WTF?)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
you missed 2.5 - Madara human form, which curbstomped all of the tailed beasts in seconds flat. (WTF?)
To be fair, he had his Hashirama face hax to help him out.

itachi doesn't curbstomp Kabuto or even beat him 1 on 1, in my opinion, He just happened to know the perfect asspull plot device genjutsu that worked against Kabuto. An eye genjutsu where you don't need to look at your opponent.

None of the brothers where able to make contact with Kabuto, Sasuke especially was useless and more of a burden on that fight.

The whole fight was people crippled. Itachi wanted Kabuto alive, Kabuto wanted To put a tag on Itachi and caught Sasuke. No one used their full power.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The problem is that Kishimoto isn't a good storyteller.

Well that's another topic entirely, but I won't necessarily disagree with you. Just tryin to say that no one worth a damn would just lay all their cards on the table from day one.

Kaguya didn't come out of nowhere, with all the crap about the Sage going on lately, but right now we don't really have an explanation as to what the damn Ten Tails, even though it's the end goal of basically every villainous plotline. Eat fruit -> Get power -> Get jealous -> ???? -> Giant monster. Why is the giant tree the "true form" of the Ten Tails if the Ten Tails is just something made by Kaguya? Or "Kaguya is the Ten 'Tails" or some nonsense. Why are Kaguya, the tree, and the Ten Tails all the same? Or maybe I just can't tell because the recent chapters are so nonsensical and expect us to believe everything the author/ Black Zetsu says.

I feel like we've got a pretty good idea of this already, but at the same time I do expect more to be revealed regarding this whole backstory, cause there are absolutely still gaps. Potentially as soon as the next chapter, considering Hagoromo just popped out of Madara's legs to tell the Hokages a story.

But yeah, Kaguya IS the ten-tails. It's "her body." As far as I can tell, she ate the fruit, and her kids had to put her down. The tree, its chakra, and Kaguya all became one thing. She/it was defeated, broken into the bijuu, and sealed. The infinite tsukiyomi was integral in pulling all these pieces back together into the original Kaguya, presumably because it taps into an enormous well of chakra once it connects to all of the people it's trapped.

I think this is a common critique of Nartuto, though, and I see it in the manga thread constantly. Every time a bit of backstory is revealed, people say BUT WHY HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING??? And the immediate assumption is that the missing parts don't exist, that they're enormous plotholes, that Kishimoto has no idea what he's doing, that Naruto is the worst manga ever.

Yes, there are gaps, there are un-revealed bits, but that's typically by design. Every time a taste is proffered, there's rage when it's not just the whole history of the world written on a page. It's the reason I don't mind much of anything that's going on, because I think "obviously we've only been told part of the story, the rest is coming." So far, I haven't been wrong. I don't need it all at once, I dunno why everyone else seems to. Once the series ENDS with enormous holes still remaining, THEN I'll get bent out of shape. But DURING the story? Come on, just let the friggin thing get told the way it gets told.

Sai

The expectations of Itacih's "real" power are pretty unrealistic, as we can pretty much gather what he was capable of based on what we saw of him during his fight with Sasuke, and after he was resurrected by Edo Tensei.

Yes, he was impaired and/or holding back the killing blow in many instances, but the only thresholds we couldn't be sure of were that of the Totsuka no Tsurugi and Yata no Kagami. His true strengths lied in his intellect, and nigh-perfect grasp of basic stuff like Ningu, and hand seals; and it was due to these aspects that he could afford to play things out the way he did.

itachi doesn't curbstomp Kabuto or even beat him 1 on 1, in my opinion, He just happened to know the perfect asspull plot device genjutsu that worked against Kabuto. An eye genjutsu where you don't need to look at your opponent.

None of the brothers where able to make contact with Kabuto, Sasuke especially was useless and more of a burden on that fight.

The whole fight was people crippled. Itachi wanted Kabuto alive, Kabuto wanted To put a tag on Itachi and caught Sasuke. No one used their full power.
I agree that Itachi couldn't "curbstomp" Kabuto, he was too powerful of an opponent. But he didn't necessarily need Izanami to defeat him, it was just the only way of doing so with the intention of ending Edo Tensei.

And Sasuke really wasn't a burden during that fight, as Itachi had to be saved by Sasuke just as much; Sasuke was perceived as so underwhelming as he was coming right off the recent acquisition of the Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan, and had to play by his brother's rules. The truth is that Itachi may not have been capable of carrying out Izanami if he had not encountered Sasuke. It's a weird fight to gauge how they matched up against eachother, as there were too many restrictions: Both Itachi and Sasuke had to avoid delivering killing blows to Kabuto, while Kabuto had to do the same with Sasuke, and always had to look for the opportunity to stuff a kunai through Itachi's head due to his state as an entity resurrected by Kabuto's Edo Tensei.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If Naruto doesn't become Hokage, this series will lose all of its meaning. Although once they defeat Kaguya, won't chakra be gone? Or am I just pulling that idea out of nowhere?

Village

If Naruto doesn't become Hokage, this series will lose all of its meaning. Although once they defeat Kaguya, won't chakra be gone? Or am I just pulling that idea out of nowhere?

I don't think it will, I think there would be more meaning in naruto being someone to be respected in his own right with out having to have the title of hokage.

Also it would put some stuff in perspective , I also think shikimaru is the most qualified for that job

Sai

My vote is on shikimaru

This needs to happen.
Shikamaru's already declared his intention of supporting Naruto in the same capacity that Tobirama supported Hashirama. It's a fitting position for him.

Asuma did say, however, that Shikamaru would make a good Hokage, if he didn't think of it as so "troublesome". :p

Shikamaru's already declared his intention of supporting Naruto in the same capacity that Tobirama supported Hashirama. It's a fitting position for him.

Asuma did say, however, that Shikamaru would make a good Hokage, if he didn't think of it as so "troublesome". :p

Strategic genius hokage>powerful hokage.

Magwik

Banned
Naruto is much better than one piece.
I was about to say something but then I remembered you spent an entire thread trying to shit on One Piece months ago.

Anyways, I probably won't invest much time into Naruto again seeing how convoluted things seem to get. I'll just watch some of the anime fights on YouTube.

Sai

I think Shikamaru himself recently made it clear that intellect alone can only get you so far in an all-out battle.

He'd be very beneficial during more peaceful times though, certainly.

[EDIT] - I really don't get how some can see Naruto as convoluted. :/ It's pretty straight-foward for a shonen battle manga.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Very subjective. I prefer One Piece though.

I think One Piece = Dragon Ball while Naruto = Dragon Ball Z

:X

This is what i'm expecting to happen in the coming chapters:

http://images.bluegartr.com/bucket/gallery/e0ef5cd87de0444061e0c005fb37ab0c.jpg

Naruto is kind of entering its Dragonball Z phase
People have started flying, The only strong characters are basically Naruto and Sasuke (like Goku and Vegeta) Naruto has gone super saiyan.

There could be a whole a new arc after this. It's been established in recent chapters that there's multiple dimensions and the buildings in the background suggest these are populated so a new super hax villain could just pop out of nowhere.

This whole war thing is kind of like namek. It goes on foreevveeerrrr.

Crazy that both Naruto and One Piece have been going on for longer than Dragonball did though

Village

I think Shikamaru himself recently made it clear that intellect alone can only get you so far in an all-out battle.

He'd be very beneficial during more peaceful times though, certainly.

[EDIT] - I really don't get how some can see Naruto as convoluted. :/ It's pretty straight-foward for a shonen battle manga.

That would be fantastic, if the hokage was just in charge on war, instead being a political leader of the country most of the time. In a desk office signing papers.

Naruto's role is more befitting someone like jiriaya as cliche as that maybe. This is why we have generals, that's what naruto can be, also lets say if naruto continues would you honestly want hokage Naruto to be the focus of that? NO!

Sai

The Kage are there to actually protect the village as it's last line of defense as well, not just handle the day-to-day operations; that's what they have their subordinates on the Council to support them with.

And yeah, that's pretty much what Shikamaru's aiming for.

I'm not saying Shikamaru wouldn't make a good Hokage. It's just that this scenario you're proposing with Naruto being on stand-by to support Shikamaru can totally be flipped around; they're supporting eachother either way, only Naruto's the one that best fits the role of the village's protector, and pillar of strength.

dorkkaos

Naruto is kind of entering its Dragonball Z phase
People have started flying, The only strong characters are basically Naruto and Sasuke (like Goku and Vegeta) Naruto has gone super saiyan.

There could be a whole a new arc after this. It's been established in recent chapters that there's multiple dimensions and the buildings in the background suggest these are populated so a new super hax villain could just pop out of nowhere.

This whole war thing is kind of like namek. It goes on foreevveeerrrr.

Crazy that both Naruto and One Piece have been going on for longer than Dragonball did though

True. Though, wasn't piccolo in Namek very useful? I mean, he did take on freeza head on in one of his stronger forms. And it looks like the Edo Tensei'd Hokages are about to do some damage (I still love Madara's face after he felt the First's presence lol It's like he was naruto and the first was sasuke).

I hope the War thing doesn't go on for much longer. I don't want a dimension jumping thing lol.

Frog-fu

Banned

While I agree Itachi doesn't curbstomp Kabutomaru (who tailored his entire skill set to counter the Sharingan), I'm confident he would beat him decidedly in prolonged battle if both sides went all out.

Izanami was far from an asspull. Anyone that had read Naruto for a while and done some research on the religious aspects of the manga knew that, after Izanagi was demonstrated, that Izanami would soon follow seeing as those two Shinto gods are the parents of Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu and Susanoo (as well as Kagutsuchi).

My vote is on shikimaru

This needs to happen.

Shikamaru is nowhere near strong enough though. Sakura would be a better fit. She's the Hokage's apprentice, highly intelligent and a highly skilled fighter.

While Sasuke's stirred up quite a bit of tension around various countries, the only blood he's got on his hands are from a bunch of fodder Samurai, and a corrupt, tentative Hokage. Gaara's definitely gotten off with much worse, and look at the way things turned out for him.

It's not like Sasuke's ever been allowed to do anything that's made him completely irredeemable. I don't see him becoming Hokage either, but he's not going to be left to the wayside; Rikudo Sennin made a point o this whole feud starting with his neglect of Indra, I doubt Naruto will follow suit.
i agree Sasuke isnt irredeemable, but you can't just hand wave away all those people from the Land of Iron he killed as "fodder" and be done with it. There needs to be some kind of atonement for the shit he's done at some point.

Gaara was forced to be the vessel for the one-tail and was psychologically tortured and manipulated by his father, all as a child. He had no choice in anything that happened to him. Sasuke willingly took a path into darkness for power. He severed his friendships and willingly broke his loyalty to his village. They aren't really comparable.

Frog-fu

Banned
While Sasuke's stirred up quite a bit of tension around various countries, the only blood he's got on his hands are from a bunch of fodder Samurai, and a corrupt, tentative Hokage. Gaara's definitely gotten off with much worse, and look at the way things turned out for him.

It's not like Sasuke's ever been allowed to do anything that's made him completely irredeemable. I don't see him becoming Hokage either, but he's not going to be left to the wayside; Rikudo Sennin made a point of this whole feud starting with his neglect of Indra, I doubt Naruto will follow suit.

Gaara only killed assassins that were sent after him as far as we know. Sasuke vowed to destroy Konoha after deserting it, aligned himself with an internationally wanted criminal organisation, made an attempt to kidnap Kumo's jinchūriki, attacked a summit between the Gokage and samurai (killing several) and assassinated Danzō who - terrible as he may have been - was a high ranking official of Konoha.

There is no way he can just wash his hands from that. I'm sure his wartime heroics, if you can call them that, will go a long way to redeeming him, but without Naruto's blessing, there's no way the village will forgive him. Even his former classmates tried to get the OK from Team 7 to hunt him down.

dorkkaos

Gaara only killed assassins that were sent after him as far as we know. Sasuke vowed to destroy Konoha after deserting it, aligned himself with an internationally wanted criminal organisation, made an attempt to kidnap Kumo's jinchūriki, attacked a summit between the Gokage and samurai (killing several) and assassinated Danzō who - terrible as he may have been - was a high ranking official of Konoha.

There is no way he can just wash his hands from that. I'm sure his wartime heroics, if you can call them that, will go a long way to redeeming him, but without Naruto's blessing, there's no way the village will forgive him. Even his former classmates tried to get the OK from Team 7 to hunt him down.

Wha? What about seriously injuring Rock Lee? Also those weird ninjas in the chuunin exams (the one with the weird needle crap).

But yeah, Kaguya IS the ten-tails. It's "her body." As far as I can tell, she ate the fruit, and her kids had to put her down. The tree, its chakra, and Kaguya all became one thing. She/it was defeated, broken into the bijuu, and sealed. The infinite tsukiyomi was integral in pulling all these pieces back together into the original Kaguya, presumably because it taps into an enormous well of chakra once it connects to all of the people it's trapped.

I think this is a common critique of Nartuto, though, and I see it in the manga thread constantly. Every time a bit of backstory is revealed, people say BUT WHY HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING??? And the immediate assumption is that the missing parts don't exist, that they're enormous plotholes, that Kishimoto has no idea what he's doing, that Naruto is the worst manga ever.

Yes, there are gaps, there are un-revealed bits, but that's typically by design. Every time a taste is proffered, there's rage when it's not just the whole history of the world written on a page. It's the reason I don't mind much of anything that's going on, because I think "obviously we've only been told part of the story, the rest is coming." So far, I haven't been wrong. I don't need it all at once, I dunno why everyone else seems to. Once the series ENDS with enormous holes still remaining, THEN I'll get bent out of shape. But DURING the story? Come on, just let the friggin thing get told the way it gets told.

I don't have any doubt that it'll be told, but that's another problem with the story. Kishimoto seems hell-bent on not leaving any plot holes or mythology unexplored, even if it means rewriting previous plot points to fit what's happening now. It can feel very clumsy and forces us to just believe what the author says. The most egregious recent example being the whole "White Zetsu" thing. Madara is supposed to be a genius. He knows things about biology that barely anyone in the ninja world (maybe Orochimaru/ Kabuto) has any idea about. We had no reason to doubt that he created the White Zetsu, it seemed pretty consistent with his other knowledge and abilities. Then Black Zetsu shows up and says "Madara is pretty much an idiot, all he did was poke the statue with DNA and thought he was creating artificial humans. I TRICKED HIM WHAT A FOOOOL!"

Plus the past few chapters have just not been very well-told.

Izanami was far from an asspull. Anyone that had read Naruto for a while and done some research on the religious aspects of the manga knew that, after Izanagi was demonstrated, that Izanami would soon follow seeing as those two Shinto gods are the parents of Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu and Susanoo (as well as Kagutsuchi).

We know that a technique called Izanami would probably exist. We just think it's silly that what it does basically boils down to "Forced character development no jutsu."

so, has naruto already beaten buu and did mr satan helped him kill him already?

I got tired after the whole naruto sasuke cave fight, after that i said screw this piece of shit, i'll just get the tl;dr version

Gaara also killed that other team in the Forest of Death and he killed Dosu but that guy had it coming.

Kain

Jiraiya is alive.

#IbelieveinEroSennin

Can we talk about how stupid was the entire Nagato-Jiraiya plot?

"Oh hey, I just found you, Nagato, the potentially most powerful ninja in recorded history ever with the legendary Rinnegan from which EVERY F*CKING cool technique spawns but I'm going to abandon you because reasons, K'?"

That and Sasuke's post time-skip antics (Deidara fight, good lord...) brought this series to its absolute worst.

But seriously, Jiraiya is alive.

Frog-fu

Banned
Wha? What about seriously injuring Rock Lee? Also those weird ninjas in the chuunin exams (the one with the weird needle crap).

Gaara also killed that other team in the Forest of Death and he killed Dosu but that guy had it coming.

Rock Lee isn't a Suna shinobi and the Chūnin Exams had no rules against killing, and even if it did, that still wouldn't make Gaara a traitor like Sasuke.

We know that a technique called Izanami would probably exist. We just think it's silly that what it does basically boils down to "Forced character development no jutsu."

Izanagi bends reality. A lot of popular theories were popping up long before Izanami was shown and a lot of those were quite similar to what we got.

If you want to boil it down to that, then be my guest, but it's not an asspull.

MikeMyers

True. Though, wasn't piccolo in Namek very useful? I mean, he did take on freeza head on in one of his stronger forms. And it looks like the Edo Tensei'd Hokages are about to do some damage (I still love Madara's face after he felt the First's presence lol It's like he was naruto and the first was sasuke).

I hope the War thing doesn't go on for much longer. I don't want a dimension jumping thing lol.

Piccolo holds his own against Second Form Freeza in a meaningless fight, as Piccolo just lets Freeza transform and loses.

He later briefly distracts Freeza while Goku makes the Genki Dama though.

Rock Lee isn't a Suna shinobi and the Chūnin Exams had no rules against killing, and even if it did, that still wouldn't make Gaara a traitor like Sasuke.

Yeah Gaara was never a criminal, my only point was that he wasn't just someone who killed in self defense, he enjoyed it and is arguably worse than Sasuke in terms of what they actually do.

Sasuke is a traitor and international S-class war criminal since he attacked all 5 Kage, but he still didn't actually do all that much besides kill a few samurai and take Raikage's arm.

He killed Danzo but no one cares apparently :(

dorkkaos

Piccolo holds his own against Second Form Freeza in a meaningless fight, as Piccolo just lets Freeza transform and loses.

He later briefly distracts Freeza while Goku makes the Genki Dama though.

I wouldn't call it useless since weren't they buying time till Goku was fully healed inside the tube? Though, why anyone would let freeza transform (or in any anime really) is stupid.

dorkkaos

Yeah Gaara was never a criminal, my only point was that he wasn't just someone who killed in self defense, he enjoyed it and is arguably worse than Sasuke in terms of what they actually do.

Sasuke is a traitor and international S-class war criminal since he attacked all 5 Kage, but he still didn't actually do all that much besides kill a few samurai and take Raikage's arm.

Actually wouldn't the Sand Ninjas be considered traitors for being part of the attack on the leaf? Or were they all considered "puppets" of orochimaru?

No one cares about Danzo and his sharingarm. Sharingans can be implanted anywhere nowadays! Like the Mangenkrow Sharingan into Naruto. :X

Sai

Guys, Gaara killed for the sake of satiating his bloodlust throughout the Chunin Exam. At least Sasuke still retained enough sense to warn the Samurai before starting his shortlived killing spree at the Kage Summit.

Yes, childhood trauma and the enviroment he was raised in put Gaara on that blood-stained path. But Sasuke's own trauma, along with Itachi's "lightposts" set him on the traitorous path that many despise him for.

Don't want to sound like some kind of Sasuke apologist; what he did was wrong. But this came up because of people questioning how he should be allowed to come back after all he's done, by this manga's standards.

Not to mention he attempts to kidnap Killer Bee (while failing miserably in the process), joins the Akatsuki, nearly kills Karin, and briefly sides with Obito and Kabuto during the war.

To be quite honest, Sasuke is probably about as wanted as Orochimaru. Were it not for Gaara's interference, A would have killed him already.

Spongebob

Banned
Not to mention he attempts to kidnap Killer Bee (while failing miserably in the process), joins the Akatsuki, nearly kills Karin, and briefly sides with Obito and Kabuto during the war.

To be quite honest, Sasuke is probably about as wanted as Orochimaru. Were it not for Gaara's interference, A would have killed him already.
This never happened.

Sai

After what he tried to pull, I can't see how anyone but Hiruzen and remnants of Root could. He may have did all that for the benefit of the village, but he certainly wasn't making any friends in the process.

What? It definitely does. He takes solace in their hideout while he has his eyes transplanted. War had already been declared at that point.

He doesn't desert them until Itachi.
Uh, he didn't do anything to act against the Shinobi Alliance. As soon as he recovered, he actually helped them by incinerating the original White Zetsu, and his Bunshin.

His only crimes against the five great nations as a whole are his actions at the Kage Summit(and the attempted abduction of Killer B which initiated it), in which his lone target was Danzō. The hierarchy were aware of the fact that Tobi was manipulating him, and Gaara called him out for it before war was declared.

Spongebob

Banned
What? It definitely does. He takes solace in their hideout while he has his eyes transplanted. War had already been declared at that point.
You can't be serious. What did you expect him to do while recovering from the operation?

He doesn't desert them until Itachi.
He deserted them right after getting his EMS. Him killing the zetsu is proof of that.

You can't be serious. What did you expect him to do while recovering from the operation?

He deserted them right after getting his EMS. Him killing the zetsu is proof of that.

... I'd expect him to side with the people who have similar goals as him, which is what he did.

Him killing a zestu was just so he could demonstrate his new power.

He went through with the damn operation in the first place so he could fight and kill Naruto, but regardless, he was sided with them until his interests changed.

Sai

He's really only acted based on his own interests, where it was to his own benefit; even made that clear to Team Taka when confronting Killer B.

It's not like Sasuke had forgotten about Tobi's hand in his clan's massacre. Just as he used Orochimaru, he used Akatsuki.

Spongebob

Banned
... I'd expect him to side with the people who have similar goals as him, which is what he did.
He didn't side with them ffs. His goals weren't the same as Kabuto and Obito, SMH.

Him killing a zestu was just so he could demonstrate his new power.
Please re-read chapter 574. There is nothing that indicates that Sasuke had any plans to follow Obito. He wasn't even aware that a war was started.

Sasuke killed Obito's soldiers ffs. Think about what that means.

He went through with the damn operation in the first place so he could fight and kill Naruto, but regardless, he was sided with them until his interests changed.
His dealings with Obito ended as soon as he got his EMS. Sasuke has absolutely no attachements with him during the war.

As far as the 5 nations are concerned, Sasuke was MIA during the war and when he finally came back he was on their side and brought the ultimate cavalry with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom