• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree Itachi doesn't curbstomp Kabutomaru (who tailored his entire skill set to counter the Sharingan), I'm confident he would beat him decidedly in prolonged battle if both sides went all out.

Izanami was far from an asspull. Anyone that had read Naruto for a while and done some resale ahe religious aspects of the manga knew that, Izanagi was demonstrated, that Izanami would soon follow seeing as those two Shinto gods are the parents of Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu and Susanoo (as well as Kagutsuchi).

Shikamaru is nowhere near strong enough though. Sakura would be a better fit. She's the Hokage's apprentice, highly intelligent and a highly skilled fighter.

The asspull isn't Izanami existing. Is Izanami being the perfect counter, for that ridiculously specific situation. I don't know what exactly could Itachi do anyway. He can't keep up in taijutsu, ocular genjutsu doesn't work, flute genjutsu goes through susanoo, he has at least 4 types of advanced regeneration, his sage reflexes where ridiculous (for the time) and he just two of the most broken techniques in the series with that Flashbang Dragon and the attack that turns the battlefield into your enemy (Kaguya used it recently again Naruto)

Desmond

I'm amazed we can have specific threads like this. If I recall we had specific threads for manga before they were all combined in the general manga OT thread.

I'm not complaining, Naruto is still my favourite out of Jump's catalogue.

Guys, Gaara killed for the sake of satiating his bloodlust throughout the Chunin Exam. Yes, childhood trauma and the enviroment he was raised in put him on that blood-stained path. But Sasuke's own trauma, along with Itachi's "lightposts" set him on the traitorous path that many despise him for.

Don't want to sound like some kind of Sasuke apologist; what he did was wrong. But this came up because of people questioning how he should be allowed to come back after all he's done, by this manga's standards.
the difference is CHOICE. Gaara was basically a weaponized experiment mentally tortured and manipulated at age 6. His bloodlust was a direct result of his fathers will. He had no choice. Gaara was what, 12 or 13 during the Chunin exam? Any deaths he caused should be chalked up to his fucked up father and his "experiment"

Sasuke willing threw away his humanity. There was manipulation on Itachi's part, yes, (I would partially blame Itachi for using Sasuke like he did, but only partially) but Sasuke didn't need to leave the village to get stronger. He got jealous of Naruto's progress and made the snap judgment to throw away everything and take a path of darkness. Its the entire point of the Sasuke retrieval arc, he didn't want to go back. He put revenge over everything and eventually killed in the process.

Sasuke isn't beyond redemption, but he needs to atone for his actions. Gaara, on the other hand, had nothing to atone for.

He didn't side with them ffs. His goals weren't the same as Kabuto and Obito, SMH.

Please re-read chapter 574. There is nothing that indicates that Sasuke had any plans to follow Obito. He wasn't even aware that a war was started.

His dealings with Obito ended as soon as he got his EMS.

Yeah, I think your memory of that chapter is shot.

Sasuke kills a group of white zetsu for the sole purpose of testing out his new eyes and while he talks to the final white zetzu before killing it, he resolves himself to kill Naurto and the Leaf.

He knew about the war. He's not surprised to find out that the war has started, Tobi declared war at the five kage summit with Sasuke there, right before they killed Danzo. Even Suigetsu and Juugo know about the war.

No, he does not "follow" Obito, but I never said he did.

I said he was briefly on their side, which he was.

Spongebob

Banned
Yeah, I think your memory of that chapter is shot.

Sasuke kills a group of white zetsu for the sole purpose of testing out his new eyes and while he talks to the final white zetzu before killing it, he resolves himself to kill Naurto and the Leaf.

He knew about the war. He's not surprised to find out that the war has started, Tobi declared war at the five kage summit with Sasuke there, right before they killed Danzo. Even Suigetsu and Juugo know about the war.

No, he does not "follow" Obito, but I never said he did.

I said he was briefly on their side, which he was.
war.png

Sasuke was not aware that a war was waged.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeah Gaara was never a criminal, my only point was that he wasn't just someone who killed in self defense, he enjoyed it and is arguably worse than Sasuke in terms of what they actually do.

Sasuke is a traitor and international S-class war criminal since he attacked all 5 Kage, but he still didn't actually do all that much besides kill a few samurai and take Raikage's arm.

He killed Danzo but no one cares apparently :(

Gaara was indeed pretty fucked up. When I said he only killed in self defense I meant that in regards to Gaara becoming Kazekage despite having killed Suna shinobi (like his uncle for example).

Sasuke stirred up a lot of shit on an international level. He pissed off all major players by joining Akatsuki and especially Kumo for going after B. Almost every individual criminal act he committed would warrant a death sentence.

A doesn't strike me as particularly forgiving even now and Danzō obviously was an important figure so he'll have to answer for both especially.

The asspull isn't Izanami existing. Is Izanami being the perfect counter, for that ridiculously specific situation. I don't know what exactly could Itachi do anyway. He can't keep up in taijutsu, ocular genjutsu doesn't work, flute genjutsu goes through susanoo, he has at least 4 types of advanced regeneration, his sage reflexes where ridiculous (for the time) and he just two of the most broken techniques in the series with that Flashbang Dragon and the attack that turns the battlefield into your enemy (Kaguya used it recently again Naruto)

Actually, Izanami doesn't just counter that specific situation, it can pretty much counter any given situation - like Izanagi.

Izanami is pretty much a forced talk no jutsu, that makes you lose your eye. On someone with true goals and identity like Naruto or Kakashi it wouldn't work. Itachi himself said it's not good for battle since the risk are so high. It was more of a punishment. It wouldn't work that well against anyone else except Kabuto since he fooled himself into thinking other's people powers are equivalent to him.

On another topic.

I'm so pumped that the anime is on the Hokage comeback arc, since millions of fans are introduced to the badassery that's Tobirama Senju.

tumblr_n7fhhpxbsh1sdhuzuo1_500.gif
tumblr_n7fhhpxbsh1sdhuzuo2_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tobirama is probably my favorite Kage from any era of any village. It's pretty weird that the strongest water user in history would be the Hokage of all things, though.

Tobirama is badass but I really like Hashirama. Just a wise dude but also is really badass when it comes to fighting but you wouldn't tell by looking at him.

Weird thing is that I don't think he used a single water jutsu after being revived did he? I know Naruto is not a series that doesn't their characters into a type but it seems weird.

Edit: Doesn't

Khezu

Izanami may not have been an asspull, but it was completely stupid, and one of the most ridiculous moments in the manga.

Also the reason it was created was to stop people from abusing izanagi, a forbidden jutsu that seals your eye, so you can only realistically use it twice, and you go blind forever.
Unless the Uchiha clan was up to some Danzo shit and had 20 sharingans in their arms, the whole Izinagi chain example they gave is kinda not a thing that should ever happen.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Weird thing is that I don't think he used a single water jutsu after being revived did he? I know Naruto is not a series that locks their characters into a type but it seems weird.
They used the opportunity to let him show off all the jutsu he invented that other characters had become famous for, lol.

People were hyping 4th Hokage as an awesome, strong character. People called the 2nd Hokage a scrub, he was weak. How the tides have turned. Minato is a bigger one trick pony than Kakashi. 2nd Hokage was beastin on Obito (Six Sage mode) helped take him down. Minato is the Vegeta of DBZ. Everything is his fault. He is the reason for everything. When I mean people not specific to GAF of course.

I still don't understand why Danzo's sharingans are so huge.

They are all pupil and no white part.

Holy crap I never notice that. Must be the Senju DNA, that's pretty much the Ninja Duck Tape.

And Karin just straight up forgiving Sasuke is pretty funny.

We saw Karin tanked the same technique that killed Neji (Mokuton spear that explodes inside the target), so Sasuke's attack was more emotional damage than physical to her. He lost her Goddamn mind thought, Like Sakura on steroids.

he used water to cut up the god tree roots that was attacking everyone

I forgot about that, I just remember he also spat out something to Madara

SolVanderlyn

People were hyping 4th Hokage as an awesome, strong character. People called the 2nd Hokage a scrub, he was weak. How the tides have turned. Minato is a bigger one trick pony than Kakashi. 2nd Hokage was beastin on Obito (Six Sage mode) helped take him down. Minato is the Vegeta of DBZ. Everything is his fault. He is the reason for everything. When I mean people not specific to GAF of course.

Minato's thing is less that he's super strong and more that he's a super likable, nice, and smart guy. Of course he has his speed going for him, too, being the fastest of his generation, but his intellect (which we don't see very much of, actually) and charisma are where his true strength lies.

Minato was popular because he was essentially Itachi. Characters that never got touched until their death (if I'm correctly the only time we see itachi getting hit is against Kabuto), very intelligent, cool designs and supremely badass.

Minato got the short end on the stick on his comeback, because Kishimoto actually went out of way to shit on the character, but he is still cool, also we need to see his long ass named technique.

dorkkaos

Minato's thing is less that he's super strong and more that he's a super likable, nice, and smart guy. Of course he has his speed going for him, too, being the fastest of his generation, but his intellect (which we don't see very much of, actually) and charisma are where his true strength lies.

From what I remember, he's also supposed to be an expert seal user? He can technically one shot people but kill himself in the process haha.

televator

Why couldn't the 5 kages stay dead? Madara killed them... err he thrashed the life out of them by himself fair and square. Does Kishi have attachment issues or something?

Also what shit way for Madara to go. I think this character desrved a lot more respect than that.

And really, all these meta narratives of who is manipulating who were in Metal Gear territory.

Yeah, well at least had only Gaara survive. Since he was relevant to the story after the Madara fight. But Tsunade should had died to give Sakura some needed character development.

SolVanderlyn

Kage appreciation post! (I'll keep it brief, I promise)

538px-Shodai_Hokage.PNG

The First - Senju Hashirama
Hashirama is definitely one of the best characters in the series, and worthy of his God of Shinobi title. I love how his signature ability (Wood Release) doesn't seem like it would be all that special, but it's ended up as a more coveted technique than the Sharingan or Byakugan. I also love how he's such a down to earth, approachable, and human character; really atypical of someone as powerful as him. His relationship with Madara is tragic, but really shows the extent of his mercy and his desire to understand one another and live in a world of peace.

640px-Tobirama_Senju.png

The Second - Senju Tobirama
Like I said before, Tobirama might be my favorite character. He oozes style, and he probably has the most impact on the ninja world out of any other character. He's responsible for Edo Tensei, Flying Thunder God Technique, Shadow Clones, the Uchiha segregation in Konoha, and I'm pretty sure he came up with the ninja school system, too. His water release is amazing, and the fight he had when he was resurrected in part I remains one of the best fights in the series. Unlike his brother, he can be kind of a jerk, though...

640px-Hiruzen_Sarutobi.png

The Third - Sarutobi Hiruzen
The first Kage we ever saw. The Third plays his grandfatherly character very well, and you can really tell he cares about the village and its people. I feel like he actually stands out the least among the five Hokage, but his Monkey summon and fire release were something. It's a shame he died so early on, but we got to see a lot more of him through flashbacks... he's probably also the kage who experienced the most tragic death out of any of them. Being killed by someone you basically raised as a son is pretty terrible.

640px-Minato_Namikaze.PNG

The Fourth - Namikaze Minato
Naruto's dad! Pretty much everyone made this connection a long time ago, so it wasn't quite "shocking" to find out his connection to Naruto, but it was interesting nonetheless. Minato's reliance on speed is pretty unique when you compare it to the previous three kages. Minato is probably the most heavily "stylized" of the kages, with his Yellow Flash moniker and teleportation skills. He was also killed by one of his students, although he never found out until much later, after his resurrection.

640px-Tsunade_newshot.png

The Fifth - Princess Tsunade
Tsunade is an interesting character... she's one of the only females in the series that has sex appeal as a part of her character. Her position as one of the Sannin, and her relationship with Jiraiya and Orochimaru, has given us some of the most engaging character interaction in the series. I loved watching her warm up to Naruto and entrusting him with the dream of her deceased loved ones. She's a medical genius and one of the strongest hand to hand fighters there is... not exactly a combination you find too often. Seeing a female character carry the "powerhouse" theme is always a treat. Also, something of note... she's Hashirama's granddaughter, but we never find out the identity of her parents. What's up with that?

Tsunade is a good Hokage though, she is always filling up paper work, she cares deeply about the citizens also, she has done good for the village.

I also never made the Naruto/Minato connection until it happened for some reason, when It was confirmed in the anime my brains where splattered all over the floor. LOL, now I'm listening to every theory carefully.

Khezu

Rasengan is not Jirayas, Minato taught him it.

It's implied that Minato learned it by watching Bijuus use there Bijuudama.

SolVanderlyn

Rasengan is not Jirayas, Minato taught him it.

It's implied that Minato learned it by watching Bijuus use there Bijuudama.
Oh, yeah, you're right. Oops.

Pein

Banned
It is kind of sad that Tsunade is so weak when compared to the other kages.

Not really, only minato and hashirama are definitively stronger. I can't imagine Sarutobi or Tobirama killing her easily because of regeneration and katsuyu.

Now she is the lamest kage with out a doubt though. Tobirama is by far the coolest because he's a mix of minato and danzo, Tobirama and Hiruzen feel like where power levels should peak. They aren't throwing around nukes but still relying on nature manipulation and clones, actual tactics.

Heroman

Banned
Not really, only minato and hashirama are definitively stronger. I can't imagine Sarutobi or Tobirama killing her easily because of regeneration and katsuyu.

Now she is the lamest kage with out a doubt though. Tobirama is by far the coolest because he's a mix of minato and danzo, Tobirama and Hiruzen feel like where power levels should peak. They aren't throwing around nukes but still relying on nature manipulation and clones, actual tactics.
I mean she should be stronger than the 3rd since he is a old man, I doubt she would be a macth for young third. The 2nd seem stronger than her to. The problem with her is that she alaway loses to the main bad guys.

Pein

Banned
Danzo wasn't like that.

everything Danzo did was for the village. Danzo was being real, every other kage and village was always looking to fuck konoha's shit up. Danzo had to keep it even.

Kumo tried stealing the byakugan and the Kyuubi, Suna betrayed them and teamed up with orochimaru to crush the leaf, oonoki was hiring the akatsuki and the mist was going to let loose the sanbi in leaf, everyone thinks Danzo was just being a dick for no reason but when evry village is out for blood you gotta be ruthless sometimes.

everything Danzo did was for the village. Danzo was being real, every other kage and village was always looking to fuck konoha's shit up. Danzo had to keep it even.

Kumo tried stealing the byakugan and the Kyuubi, Suna betrayed them and teamed up with orochimaru to crush the leaf, oonoki was hiring the akatsuki and the mist was going to let loose the sanbi in leaf.

Danzo cared for the village but he didn't cared for the Citizens. Tsunade cared more form the people than the village.

Danzo was too extreme, Hiruzen too diplomatic. If Tobirama was Hokage by the time of the Uchiha massacre, I'll bet things would turn out a lot better.

Yeeeeeesss.
I thought Sasuke had no future after he attacked the Kage Summit. Nope. He's forgiven.
Who has forgiven him really? I think why Sasuke doesn't burned at the stake is because they realize how troubled he is and how messed up his head has been. He isn't orochimaru who made the decisions he made without any influence. Sasuke had a pretty messed up childhood and a lot of things pushing and pulling him. Similar to how Gaara was a victim I think a lot of people see Sasuke as one too. And they all just want to steer him on a good path because he is strong enough to do a lot of good.

WITH THAT SAID. I don't think many have completely forgiven him, it just isn't the time to bring it all up and crucify him. War is more important.

Danzo cared for the village but he didn't cared for the Citizens. Tsunade cared more form the people than the village.

Danzo was too extreme, Hiruzen too diplomatic. If Tobirama was Hokage by the time of the Uchiha massacre, I'll bet things would turn out a lot better.

Tobirama would have went in there, lifted his finger and told them to cut that shit out.

crisis averted.

The most badass Kage who will most likely be my main in UNSR.
Raikage3.png

I mean c'mon. He fought 10,000 ninjas for 3 days(or something like that?). What a badass.

The 4th is a strong character. In fact, he was so good, enemy troops were given the orders to flee on sight if they encountered him in battle.

He mastered Naruto's Kyuubi mode as soon as he was brought back as edo-tensei, and he has his own sage mode to boot.

He can teleport people to other continents, he can even teleport things without going with them.

Hell, even Tobirama acknowledges his skill with space-time ninjutsu.

He's definitely not the Vegeta of Naruto. What does that even mean?

I feel like there's a whole lot of unwarranted Minato bashing in this thread, when he's proven his worth countless times in the series.

The 2nd Hokage is the one who was retconned into being some badass. Before the current arc, all we knew was that he was the 1st's brother and he died facing a bunch of no name ninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom