• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
What up Naruto gaf, looks at shipping wars.
grandpa_bfaf78_777622.gif

It's a war that needs resolving, breh.

Unless you want me to go back to posting fan art.

This is why they put y'all in Community.

They knew. :I

I wonder how much new unexplained nonsense Sasuke's going to pull out of his backside tomorrow, and how much it'll piss off the readers.
literally everything pisses off the readers regardless so it doesn't even matter if they do or don't lol.

It's about as romantic as NaruSaku is a bro/sis relationship.

The hug was quit obviously emotionally charged. Sakura was of course thanking him for saving the village, that's not in contention at all, but I think the fact Naruto showed up just as she needed him to factored into that.

The hug was just as thank you cause again he just saved the village and him showing up right when she called for him was just to be cool.

It's possible the love triangle was meant to be change in the sense that Naruto had feelings for both Naruto and Sasuke at the same time, something which is distinctly possible where the manga is now.
Yamato probably didnt know about the love triangle again he didnt know their past together.
Kishimoto wrote the entire story, that was the big draw to that film, and even wrote a manga special for it.Then I guess mecha naruto is just as canon cause kishimoto created him as well.

Naruto acknowledged Hinata had always supported him. That doesn't mean he loves or is obligated to, it means he appreciates her for doing so.
He held her hand and holding hands is a bigger sign of someone liking someone then a hug.
Sakura hugging Naruto was very out of character and it showed judging from the reactions.
yes it was out of character but doesnt mean that it was romantic, you saying that the hug romantic is like us saying the handhold is romantic, neither is clearly defined and we dont know.

Sakura scolded Naruto for blaming Tsunade because what he said was hurtful. What else was she supposed to do? Tsunade is her teacher, and she let Naruto go because Tsunade told her to leave him be for a while. Sakura did see him off and gave him words of encouragement when he left to train with the toads though.
You know maybe not get angry at him for obviously being going through grief after the closest thing to a family member just died? Everyone in the room understood how Naruto felt at the time except Sakura.

As for cheering her up, it was actually nice to see Sakura try to cheer Naruto up for once since he's usually the one to try and cheer her up.
Naruto almost never cheers Sakura up hes usually the one to make her feel worse honestly. Back in part one it was usually Sasuke who would see that Sakura was feeling down. Hell when Sakura was beat up by those sound nin the forest death the first thing Naruto was worried about was what happened to Sakuras hair while sasuke was the one who activated his curse seal and his first worry was who hurt Sakura. Again Narutos crush on Sakura was a shallow crush he only liked Sakura cause she was pretty.

Frog-fu

Banned
The hug was just as thank you cause again he just saved the village and him showing up right when she called for him was just to be cool.

I doubt the fact Naruto literally showed up when she called him was not at all one her mind. Sure it was cool, but it I think it's a fair guess.

Yamato probably didnt know about the love triangle again he didnt know their past together.

Yamato wouldn't have had to know because the readers would.

Then I guess mecha naruto is just as canon cause kishimoto created him as well.

C'mon man, don't resort to such an obvious straw man. I never denied the canonicity of the film. I'm saying the fact Kishimoto wrote a script that is so pro NaruSaku is telling in regards to his intentions.

He held her hand and holding hands is a bigger sign of someone liking someone then a hug.

Eh, I disagree.

yes it was out of character but doesnt mean that it was romantic, you saying that the hug romantic is like us saying the handhold is romantic, neither is clearly defined and we dont know.

I didn't say it was romantic, I'm saying that it's a sign. The only one other person to have hugged Naruto like that was, you guessed it, Kushina.
Code:
[IMG]http://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/kushina-loves-naruto.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmxrmKI5CZiNZ8s-mxk_F25K8gF4QrQT8f1gaZSTXVfajCR_IS[/IMG]

You know maybe not get angry at him for obviously being going through grief after the closest thing to a family member just died? Everyone in the room understood how Naruto felt at the time except Sakura.

This is patently false. Everyone knew what Naruto was feeling, but he wasn't the only one, and he was clearly out of line when he blamed Tsunade. If it wasn't Sakura, someone else would have likely spoken up.

Naruto almost never cheers Sakura up hes usually the one to make her feel worse honestly. Back in part one it was usually Sasuke who would see that Sakura was feeling down. Hell when Sakura was beat up by those sound nin the forest death the first thing Naruto was worried about was what happened to Sakuras hair while sasuke was the one who activated his curse seal and his first worry was who hurt Sakura. Again Narutos crush on Sakura was a shallow crush he only liked Sakura cause she was pretty.

Oh, seriously? The manga is rife with moments where Naruto cheers Sakura up, many of which when he didn't even notice his actions were giving her strength.

lol, right Sasuke was the one making Sakura feel better. Are you joshing or do you genuinely believe this, because I don't want to go back through the manga just to prove how completely and utterly incorrect you are if you're just messing with me.

Whatever might have been his reasons for crushing on Sakura, that clearly developed into something much more. If it was just a crush, he would have gotten over her a long time ago. Others have already stated in the manga that Naruto loves Sakura - including Sakura herself, who is well aware he loves her. That isn't even debatable at this stage. It was obvious Naruto loved Sakura when he saved her from Gaara, even more so when he found it in him to be happy for her when Sasuke came to. I actually struggle to believe you're seriously trying to play off Naruto's feelings for Sakura as some kind of puppy love.

I doubt the fact Naruto literally showed up when she called him was not at all one her mind. Sure it was cool, but it I think it's a fair guess.

Yamato wouldn't have had to know because the readers would.

C'mon man, don't resort to such an obvious straw man. I never denied the canonicity of the film. I'm saying the fact Kishimoto wrote a script that is so pro NaruSaku is telling in regards to his intentions.

Eh, I disagree.

I didn't say it was romantic, I'm saying that it's a sign. The only one other person to have hugged Naruto like that was, you guessed it, Kushina.
Code:
[IMG]http://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/kushina-loves-naruto.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmxrmKI5CZiNZ8s-mxk_F25K8gF4QrQT8f1gaZSTXVfajCR_IS[/IMG]

This is patently false. Everyone knew what Naruto was feeling, but he wasn't the only one, and he was clearly out of line when he blamed Tsunade. If it wasn't Sakura, someone else would have likely spoken up.

Oh, seriously? The manga is rife with moments where Naruto cheers Sakura up, many of which when he didn't even notice his actions were giving her strength.

lol, right Sasuke was the one making Sakura feel better. Are you joshing or do you genuinely believe this, because I don't want to go back through the manga just to prove how completely and utterly incorrect you are if you're just messing with me.

Whatever might have been his reasons for crushing on Sakura, that clearly developed into something much more. If it was just a crush, he would have gotten over her a long time ago. Others have already stated in the manga that Naruto loves Sakura - including Sakura herself, who is well aware he loves her. That isn't even debatable at this stage. It was obvious Naruto loved Sakura when he saved her from Gaara, even more so when he found it in him to be happy for her when Sasuke came to. I actually struggle to believe you're seriously trying to play off Naruto's feelings for Sakura as some kind of puppy love.
It was just puppy love naruto saved sakura cause shes his friend, and plus saskue asked him too. Naruto having feelings for sakura has only ever been seen in a comedic or negative way. Naruto cares more about his rivalry with Sasuke more than he does Sakura when she was asking sasuke not to fight in the prelims and Naruto was trying to help her he completely dropped it once Sasuke said he wanted to fight him to and when she was begging them not to fight on the rooftop of the hospital he just completely ignored her because he was gonna be able to fight Sasuke. Hell he was gonna go get sasuke even before he made the promise, hell naruto even said he doesnt care about the promise anymore and just wants to save Sasuke himself. Naruto hasnt done anything that says that he loves sakura in shippuden. Nothing like the Naruto looking sad when sasuke woke up and sakura was hugging him has happened at all since shippuden started.
Also for someone else putting Naruto in line for blaming tsunade I doubt that since even Tsunade was ok with him yelling at her cause he was obviously grieving and had every right to be angry cause Jiraya had just died, getting angry is part of the grieving process.

Frog-fu

Banned
It was just puppy love naruto saved sakura cause shes his friend, and plus saskue asked him too. Naruto having feelings for sakura has only ever been seen in a comedic or negative way.

Nope. You're wrong. You're incredibly, quite incredulously I might add, wrong, and desperate.

Naruto cares more about his rivalry with Sasuke more than he does Sakura when she was asking sasuke not to fight in the prelims and Naruto was trying to help her he completely dropped it once Sasuke said he wanted to fight him to and when she was begging them not to fight on the rooftop of the hospital he just completely ignored her because he was gonna be able to fight Sasuke.

Naruto's world doesn't revolve around Sakura, there were and still are things he has to do that has little to do with her, and settling his rivalry with Sasuke was one of the things that to be settled by then. They had decided to fight one another during the Chūnin Exams, of course that never happened, so when Sasuke came looking for a fight, Naruto wasn't going to back down.

Hell he was gonna go get sasuke even before he made the promise, hell naruto even said he doesnt care about the promise anymore and just wants to save Sasuke himself. Naruto hasnt done anything that says that he loves sakura in shippuden. Nothing like the Naruto looking sad when sasuke woke up and sakura was hugging him has happened at all since shippuden started.

The promise of a lifetime he made to Sakura is what was causing Naruto pain. It added considerably more pressure to his goal. There is no point in denying this when the manga says as much.

Sai said Naruto loves Sakura.
Sakura said Naruto loves her.

Come the fuck on already.

Also for someone else putting Naruto in line for blaming tsunade I doubt that since even Tsunade was ok with him yelling at her cause he was obviously grieving and had every right to be angry cause Jiraya had just died, getting angry is part of the grieving process.

The fact Tsunade was, in your view, "OK" with being blamed for Jiraiya's death - even if true - would not justify Naruto making that accusation. There was nothing Tsunade could have done about Jiraiya dying, and she was shown to be grieving shortly after.

Are you seriously arguing Naruto was justified in blaming her?

Nope. You're wrong. You're incredibly, quite incredulously I might add, wrong, and desperate.

Naruto's world doesn't revolve around Sakura, there were and still are things he has to do that has little to do with her, and settling his rivalry with Sasuke was one of the things that to be settled by then. They had decided to fight one another during the Chūnin Exams, of course that never happened, so when Sasuke came looking for a fight, Naruto wasn't going to back down.

The promise of a lifetime he made to Sakura is what was causing Naruto pain. It added considerably more pressure to his goal. There is no point in denying this when the manga says as much.

Sai said Naruto loves Sakura.
Sakura said Naruto loves her.

Come the fuck on already.

The fact Tsunade was, in your view, "OK" with being blamed for Jiraiya's death - even if true - would not justify Naruto making that accusation. There was nothing Tsunade could have done about Jiraiya dying, and she was shown to be grieving shortly after.

Are you seriously arguing Naruto was justified in blaming her?
Im not justifying what naruto did was right im saying he was grieving and when someones grieving they dont think straight so you cant blame naruto for his actions. Also why am I wrong explain to me where im wrong and the thing is when has Naruto said he loved Sakura, no one should be able to say what Naruto thinks except Naruto. He has never once said he loved Sakura.
aslo youd think if Naruto "Loved" sakura so much hed be more angry with Sasuke almost killing her cause he sure was pissed when Pain "killed" hinata boy was he furious, but Naruto seemed pretty ok when Sasuke nearly stabbed Sakura with his chidori.
Again nothing postive has ever happened between narusaku not a single positive thing has ever happened that at this point they make each others life more and more miserable.

what the fook is happening? And where is the next manga?

Why is everyone doing this whole who loves who nonsense? Naruto's writing has been shaky at best, but Kishimoto doesn't seem to be an idiot. In real life, you love more than one person, especially when you're young. Why debate about who Naruto loves, who loves him etc...they all have some type of affection for each other. It's called a love triangle for a reason.

Naruto

Naruto likes Sakura
Sakura likes Sasuke
Sasuke likes no one

Naruto Time-skip
Naruto still likes Sakura
Sakura likes Sasuke, but Naruto too
Hinata likes Naruto
Sasuke likes no one

Why does it matter who ends up with who really? It's all just circumstantial at this point love is in the air for many different reasons. I would say though, even though I think Naruto/Hinata is cuter, Naruto likely has more feelings for Sakura just because they went through more. So who knows what will happen, I just don't see the need to argue either side at this point, Kishi could really do whatever he wants here. No one would say Naruto/Hinata is baseless, no one would say Sakura/Naruto is baseless so why speculate and just let it happen. I personally think someone is going to die. I hope it's sasuke, such a weak willed person for letting his hatred blind him like that instead of searching for answers first. And trying to kill Sakura, hopefully naruto smashes his face in...

Erigu

RTN was penned by Kishimoto himself
So Sakura officially is an awful human being?

kishimoto barely did anything for RTN other then art and the basic plot he didnt write the whole thing.
I remember he originally had the villain be a masked Shisui. That would have been seriously "wait, who's that again?", but it's not like what they actually went with in the end made a lick of sense.

Kishimoto wrote the entire story
Nah (
he's way too buy writing guidebooks, haha
), he came up with the original plot and supervised, but he wasn't the actual screenwriter (that would be Miyata Yuka).

A big thing I remember is how Sakura was happy that her parents were dead, and saying stuff like "why can't you just enjoy this world? It's great!" to Naruto. Then as soon as Sakura figured out Sasuke wasn't only interested in her, she was all like "maybe Naruto is right after all. This world isn't so great"

Erigu

I big thing I remember is how Sakura was happy that her parents were dead, and saying stuff like "why can't you just enjoy this world? It's great!" to Naruto. Then as soon as Sakura figured out Sasuke wasn't only interested in her, she was all like "maybe Naruto is right after all. This world isn't so great"
Hahaha!

I remember he originally had the villain be a masked Shisui. That would have been seriously "wait, who's that again?", but it's not like what they actually went with in the end made a lick of sense.
I was honestly super excited for the movie when it was first announced mainly because of everyone having different personalities ,i was super excited to see yandere hinata mainly,which all the advertisements and trailers seemed to put a big focus on them but theyre barely in the movie for more than 10 minutes.

Frog-fu

Banned
Im not justifying what naruto did was right im saying he was grieving and when someones grieving they dont think straight so you cant blame naruto for his actions. Also why am I wrong explain to me where im wrong and the thing is when has Naruto said he loved Sakura, no one should be able to say what Naruto thinks except Naruto. He has never once said he loved Sakura.
aslo youd think if Naruto "Loved" sakura so much hed be more angry with Sasuke almost killing her cause he sure was pissed when Pain "killed" hinata boy was he furious, but Naruto seemed pretty ok when Sasuke nearly stabbed Sakura with his chidori.
Again nothing postive has ever happened between narusaku not a single positive thing has ever happened that at this point they make each others life more and more miserable.

Naruto wasn't the only one grieving, Tsunade was too, and his grief did not give him license to say and act however he liked. Sakura was 100% right to call him on it.

You're contradicting yourself. First you say he was only crushing on her and that it was puppy love, now you're disputing the very obvious fact he likes her, even though he admitted it to Sai, who later and long with Sakura both state he loves Sakura? You're wasting my time.

Naruto and Sakura encourage one another and they find strength in another when they need it. Quite honestly, you've been so wilfully ignorant I simply cannot be arsed with this argument any longer.

No, she isn't, that's how you wish to interpret her actions, when in reality it's just a cliché of character not knowing how good they've got it until it's gone.

By the same token Naruto is an asshole for being so resistant to his parents, not wanting to be around him, though he later came around and tried to enjoy it.

Nah (
he's way too buy writing guidebooks, haha
), he came up with the original plot and supervised, but he wasn't the actual screenwriter.

They're both credited as writers because he wrote the original plot that was adapted to a screenplay.

Naruto wasn't the only one grieving, Tsunade was too, and his grief did not give him license to say and act however he liked. Sakura was 100% right to call him on it.

You're contradicting yourself. First you say he was only crushing on her and that it was puppy love, now you're disputing the very obvious fact he likes her, even though he admitted it to Sai, who later and long with Sakura both state he loves Sakura? You're wasting my time.

Naruto and Sakura encourage one another and they find strength in another when they need it. Quite honestly, you've been so wilfully ignorant I simply cannot be arsed with this argument any longer.

No, she isn't, that's how you wish to interpret her actions, when in reality it's just a cliché of character not knowing how good they've got it until it's gone.

By the same token Naruto is an asshole for being so resistant to his parents, not wanting to be around him, though he later came around and tried to enjoy it.

They're both credited as writers because he wrote the original plot that was adapted to a screenplay.
Ok saying sakura isnt a horrible person for being happy their parents are dead and only being sad when she realizes the guy she likes flirts with other girls isnt how you interpret a character thats just being an asshole.
Also just like you said he wrote the original plot he probably didnt write the narusaku parts
Honestly youre the one whos being ignorant to my arguments and I am also done with this argument.

Erigu

Wow. Defending the kind of bullshit mentioned above, seriously?

That's... pretty much what we've been saying, yes.
Point is, he wasn't the sole writer. I gave an example of something that was changed from his original plot, earlier.

he wrote the original plot he probably didnt write the narusaku parts
Well, I don't know about "probably" (how does one tell?), but it's possible he didn't, yes.

Frog-fu

Banned
Wow. Defending the kind of bullshit mentioned above, seriously?

I'm not defending her, I'm saying it's a cliché to push the plot.

That's... pretty much what we've been saying, yes.
Point is, he wasn't the sole writer. I gave an example of something that was changed from his original plot, earlier.

What was the point in bringing it up then, it's meaningless distinction to make. You have an annoying tendency of doing that.

I'm not defending her, I'm saying it's a cliché to push the plot.

What was the point in bringing it up then, it's meaningless distinction to make. You have an annoying tendency of doing that.
The reason is that the story is different and wasnt completely written by kishimoto making your original statement false, and theres a difference of being a cliche for not knowing what you had and being a horrible person.

Code:

Frog-fu

Banned
It not really a war cause we have known who Naruto was going to pick for like 10 years. It is hinata

Nope.

This is going to be the ending of Digimon 02 all over again.

A pity.

So long as NaruSaku happens, I couldn't care less about the rest. I doubt any pairings will happen now that Kishimoto decided to fuck with us an draw the story out even more in a spinoff.

That's one of the reasons I hope the movies aren't canon. Just give me a normal manga ending with plenty of closure.

Also just like you said he wrote the original plot he probably didnt write the narusaku parts
Honestly youre the one whos being ignorant to my arguments and I am also done with this argument.
What do you think, the writer is going to sneak significant character dynamics for a film past the manga-ka without his approval? If it's in the film, it underwent Kishi's approval, written by him or not.

Lord, the amount of mental gymnastics people are putting themselves through to undo the blatant, clear setup to a Naruto/Sakura relationship is ridiculous.

What do you think, the writer is going to sneak significant character dynamics for a film past the manga-ka without his approval? If it's in the film, it underwent Kishi's approval, written by him or not.
Actually if it something as small as putting a scene where narutos clone catches sakura then yeah they can totally do that without kishis aproval just like fillers dont need to be approved by kishimoto.

Frog-fu

Banned

Lord, the amount of mental gymnastics people are putting themselves through to undo the blatant, clear setup to a Naruto/Sakura relationship is ridiculous.

4066401-4876205659-cmWg8.gif

Erigu

I'm not defending her
I point out that that she's an awful, insensitive human being in that movie, and you reply "no, she isn't, that's how you wish to interpret her actions". Sounds a lot like defending her.
And yes, that "characters coming to realize how good they had it" thing is a cliché, but that doesn't change how Sakura was portrayed.

What was the point in bringing it up then, it's meaningless distinction to make.
You were arguing the the story was all Kishimoto, so that hardly was a "meaningless distinction to make".

Like everything in filler or video games.
Guess people are just wondering how "canonical" that's supposed to be, if it really was what the author had in mind for the characters, or merely something he didn't mind.

Sai

Uh... As far as I can tell, there are no legit spoilers out right now. :p

[EDIT] - Wait, is this from MH? Seems like somebody's trying to translate the preview text. I'm not sure if there even was a preview for Naruto last week.

TUSR

Banned
Uh... As far as I can tell, there are no legit spoilers out right now. :p

[EDIT] - Wait, is this from MH? Seems like somebody's trying to translate the preview text. I'm not sure if there even was a preview for Naruto last week.

We will see.

Sai

Yeah, it's fake:

"its just a list of manga titles to be in the next issue.

no naruto preview in wsj #43."

Namikaze1

The HP fandom isn't as rabid as the Avatar and Naruto fandom when it comes to pairings. I mean, sure, you had people going Harry/Hermoine or Harry/Ginny (I supported the former) but they are not as vocal as the Zutara or Katang fanbase. Hell, they were worse than the NaruHina/NaruSaku fanbase for a long while.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The hug was just as thank you cause again he just saved the village and him showing up right when she called for him was just to be cool. .

You know what is pretty funny though? Even though Hinata charged Pain and got almost killed by him after declaring her unfettered love towards Naruto, in the end it was Sakura that hugged Naruto, and even immediately after all the dust has been settled, who did Kishimoto show Naruto has a leisurely conversation/hanging out with? Sakura. Hell, Naruto has been facing so many life and death situations afterwards but Kishimoto didn't even bother to just once, just once, make a recall towards that confession. Hell, instead of doing that, he created the Minato-girlfriend situation (and this is right after the handholdingoflove(tm))

A random note: it's a seemingly unimportant scene but it's interesting to note that at the scene where Sakura hugged Naruto post Pain in the manga, Hinata was the only character Kishi furnished with a "..." bubble. What could she possibly thinking looking at that, I wonder? :p

The HP fandom isn't as rabid as the Avatar and Naruto fandom when it comes to pairings. I mean, sure, you had people going Harry/Hermoine or Harry/Ginny (I supported the former) but they are not as vocal as the Zutara or Katang fanbase. Hell, they were worse than the NaruHina/NaruSaku fanbase for a long while.

I'm sorry, but anyone who thought Zutara was going to be canon, was an idiot.

You know what is pretty funny though? Even though Hinata charged Pain and got almost killed by him after declaring her unfettered love towards Naruto, in the end it was Sakura that hugged Naruto, and even immediately after all the dust has been settled, who did Kishimoto show Naruto has a leisurely conversation/hanging out with? Sakura. Hell, Naruto has been facing so many life and death situations afterwards but Kishimoto didn't even bother to just once, just once, make a recall towards that confession. Hell, instead of doing that, he created the Minato-girlfriend situation (and this is right after the handholdingoflove(tm))

A random note: it's a seemingly unimportant scene but it's interesting to note that at the scene where Sakura hugged Naruto post Pain in the manga, Hinata was the only character Kishi furnished with a "..." bubble. What could she possibly thinking looking at that, I wonder? :p
"Not once"
naruto-2717503.jpg

*cough*

One thing I always hated was how Sasuke and Naruto split up. I really loved their bromance/rivalry. I liked watching it evolve and I liked watching them stick out their necks for one another while trying to one up the other. I really wish we got more of it. They were split too soon! Maybe the movie will provide it.

#anotherReasonForPt3

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
"Not once"
naruto-2717503.jpg

*cough*

Heh, I totally forget about it.

However, this chapter also didn't mention anything *at all* about the confession. The fact that Hinata said I love you is *not* addressed.

The fact remains that Naruto--Kishi--hasn't even once addressed her confession to him (or are you disputing this?), and we got instead stuff like Minato-girlfriend situation. That's pretty telling.

So, my "Not once" still stands, too bad *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom