• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakashi actually explained it: love needs no reason, only hate does

XD
:/

Well I guess even Kakashi doesn't know and likely gave up
She got to know him, and that's really it. I think she began to fall in love with him during the Chūnin Exams, maybe a little before that when she was balling after Sasuke was seemingly killed by Haku. It's a bit of a muddled affair, but it's undoubtedly love.

She was in love with him even before they attended Konoha Academy
Her, Ino and a whole lot of other girls just because he was handsome and talented

The whole Ino vs Sakura rivalry and later on premise for the Chunin fight was due to him

Frog-fu

Banned
Her, Ino and a whole lot of other girls just because he was handsome and talented

The whole Ino vs Sakura rivalry and later on premise for the Chunin fight was due to him

It was a simple crush back then. Sakura hardly knew anything about Sasuke.

Which I find complete bullshit.

We need to know why she's held onto someone who's just put her in a genjutsu which depicts him stabbing her through the heart.

There has to be a reason here.
Nope, love is fucking dumb and doesnt need any reason to do stupid things. Just like some people stay in abusive relationships and still love the person.

It was a simple crush back then. Sakura hardly knew anything about Sasuke.

She barely knows him even now

She doesn't know what Itachi went through.... she didn't know why Sasuke went batshit insane for awhile

Heck Kakashi knows Sasuke more then bloody Sakura

That is why Sasuke said that he finds her annoying

There have been a number of callbacks to early chapters as of late, and one that NaruSaku shippers have been holding out for in particular is the one where Naruto compliments Sakura on her forehead, the thing Sakura is most self-conscious about, which only Naruto has ever complimented her on. The reason why NaruSaku shippers find it an important moment is mostly retrospective because it draws yet another parallel to MinaKushi with Minato being the only one to have complimented Kushina on her hair, which was the thing she was most self-conscious about.

I suppose it could still happen in some contrived manner, but I wouldn't recommend anyone hold her threat breath.

Sounds logical, but I'm not sure it's relevant anymore. In that scene Naruto after saying that immediately shuts it down by saying "this is something Naruto would say" to which Sakura goes "ahhhhhhh". Also that leads to the next scene where she shit talks Naruto and Sasuke puts her in her place. I think that was a more relevant scene than the forehead one.

What's interesting about 693 though is that the promise is still in play, the promise which Naruto told Sai he had to keep because he couldn't tell Sakura how he really felt otherwise. I've always found that a little odd because Naruto is blatant with his affections, and even Sakura knows that he loves her, as in she knows it's more than just a simple crush.

The fact this was brought up gives some shippers hope that, once Naruto beats Sasuke, and all's well ends well, that then maybe he'll tell Sakura how he really feels. Though he made it very obvious, Naruto has never actually confessed his love for her, so I guess it could happen.

I can see Naruto giving a proper confession, but if Sakura doesn't get any development till then, I don't see it changing anything.

There is one way in particular I can actually see Sakura come to realise how much Naruto actually means to her. In my mind I can see it happen very similarly to the OVA special Naruto x UT, which, I know, was merely a special made to coincide the launch of a clothing line, but the present situation is fairly similar.

Getting to the point, I can imagine Sakura being terrified out of her wits if it appears Naruto might actually die. 663-4 showed how just how much the thought of Naruto dying upset Sakura and how desperate she was to save him.

It'd be a huge cliché if it took Naruto seemingly dying with nothing she could do to save him to make Sakura "awaken" those kinds of affections, but it seems we're all prepared for a badly written conclusion to the pairing wars.

Yeah, awfully cliché, and Naruto was once already on his deathbed with Sakura, another one would be redundant.

Btw I always thought a potential trump card would be the Yamato scene. Kishi does like to reference old scenes. But he hasn't really gone anywhere with it. Hundred chapters later, still not a beep. Maybe it'll be brought up, but maybe he forgot about it/dumped it.

Which I find complete bullshit.

We need to know why she's held onto someone who's just put her in a genjutsu which depicts him stabbing her through the heart.

There has to be a reason here.

That line is "interesting" for the fact that Kishimoto actually established both Hinata -> Naruto and Naruto -> Sakura with reasons. We knew why they liked the other. They were rather proper reasons, especially in the case of Hinata. With Sakura -> Sasuke it started out as a crush based on looks and cool factor, but then evolved into love on the way, but Kishi didn't initially give a reason. And we can see multiple murder attempts didn't change her feelings either. So, not sure what Kishi's going for here...At least be consistent.

Hagoromo himself does not have a Rinnegan with a Tomoe Seal.

Only the Jūbi, Kaguya(whom the Jūbi was, in actuality, a manifestation of), and Madara(through the Jūbi).

And those were all red, Sasuke's retains the Rinnegan's standard blue/purple. Why?

Is that really the case? Did the chakra Hashirama gave him to subdue Madara, and his cultivated genetic material that Kabuto used to mend Sasuke's mortal wound not play a factor in it's awakening?

Sasuke may have attributed both his Rinnegan and Naruto's Rikudō Senjutsu as gifts from Hagoromo, but they were given the catalysts for these abilities prior to meeting him. All the chakra Hagoromo gave them through the Rikudō no In/Yō no Chikara, seemed to be purposely for the Rikudō Chibaku Tensei.
I stand corrected. It may be that the Jubi, who is a part of Kaguya and the Shinju tree, has the ability to manifest the tomoes. There could be different variations to the Rinnegan, just as how each mangekyo sharigan looks varies from each individual. The sharigan is derived from the rinnegan itself, so it's not too far fetched.

Yes, I believe that is right. Rikudo's senjutsu most likely sped the process of its manifestation. Madara's took years for it to form due to the DNA he implanted to himself from Hashirama. If the requirements of unlocking the rinnegan was just receiving Rikudo's senjutsu, then Naruto should've unlocked as well. One must have the catalysts to even have a chance to activate it.

tumblr_inline_ncgkttDdfc1she3d9.png

I see what you did there Kishi

Also Kakashi said it best.....the only time you need a reason is when you hate somebody. Poor Sakura.

Anyway's more interestingly is the fight finally going to start? I don't think Naruto is going to end on chapter 700.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
BTW, why is hagaromo suddenly back as a chakra ghost when he said last chapter he could no longer maintain that form? Or does he just need 30 seconds to rejuvenate?

Frog-fu

Banned
She barely knows him even now

She doesn't know what Itachi went through.... she didn't know why Sasuke went batshit insane for awhile

Heck Kakashi knows Sasuke more then bloody Sakura

That is why Sasuke said that he finds her annoying

She knows him more than she used to nonetheless. I'm not a big proponent for SasuSaku at all, I heavily dislike it, but by Kishimoto's poor standards for writing romance, it has a solid foundation with Sakura initially being attracted to Sasuke for shallow reasons and over the course of the Wave and Chūnin Exam becoming more attached to him and worried about him (mainly due to Orochimaru's Cursed Seal) to the point she just fell in love with him.

Sounds logical, but I'm not sure it's relevant anymore. In that scene Naruto after saying that immediately shuts it down by saying "this is something Naruto would say" to which Sakura goes "ahhhhhhh". Also that leads to the next scene where she shit talks Naruto and Sasuke puts her in her place. I think that was a more relevant scene than the forehead one.

I have no idea how Kishi would write a reference to Sakura shittalking Naruto into a chapter. I may be misunderstanding you but it would be so wholly out of character if Sakura did that.

I can see Naruto giving a proper confession, but if Sakura doesn't get any development till then, I don't see it changing anything.

IF, and it's a pretty damn big if, Kishimoto writes a scene with Naruto confessing his love to Sakura in all seriousness, then I really simply cannot imagine Sakura turning him down.

Yeah, awfully cliché, and Naruto was once already on his deathbed with Sakura, another one would be redundant.

True, but the difference would be that wouldn't be a magical health boost waiting at the end of road with another character. It'd a seemingly dead Naruto, with no options to revive type of deal.

I can see NaruSaku happen a number of different ways. Maybe it'll be like LadyGT's dōjin, with Sakura approaching Naruto some time later and making her feelings known. Maybe it'll be something entirely different. I just, for the love of fuck, don't want to see her guilted into reciprocating Naruto's feelings. So long as that happens, I don't really care as much how badly it may be written. So long as Kishimoto lets Sakura come to the realisation of her own accord.

Though it wouldn't hurt if Kakashi gave Sakura a talking to as a reminder of how far Naruto will go for her.

Btw I always thought a potential trump card would be the Yamato scene. Kishi does like to reference old scenes. But he hasn't really gone anywhere with it. Hundred chapters later, still not a beep. Maybe it'll be brought up, but maybe he forgot about it/dumped it.

I think that joins the long list of shit that was meant to go somewhere but never did like "that thing" Karin supposedly did to Sasuke and Hinata's unanswered confession.

Pein

Banned
this chapter really was like a nuke on to the sasusaku fandom.

yeah, and Hagaromo should be gone by now, dudes just chilling. Hopefully he gives kakashi a power up before he leaves because they seem like best friends now.

Frog-fu

Banned
BTW, why is hagaromo suddenly back as a chakra ghost when he said last chapter he could no longer maintain that form? Or does he just need 30 seconds to rejuvenate?

He only said that because he thought Naruto and Sasuke were about to throw down then and there and didn't want to be tagged in. Now they're taking their business elsewhere, watch the lazy old fuck recline and relax whilst observing the fight like Baba from Dragonball.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
this chapter really was like a nuke on to the sasusaku fandom.

yeah, and Hagaromo should be gone by now, dudes just chilling. Hopefully he gives kakashi a power up before he leaves because they seem like best friends now.

Shit, if he had given Kakashi all that power instead of Naruto and Sauske then Kagura could have been beaten in mere seconds and none of this shit would be going down at all.

Seriously I advise you guys watch the anime. The manga starting from obito becoming the host is a big blur so all this s*** is new to me lol.

GaimeGuy

At least we saw sakura show something resembling anger/disgust/contempt towards sasuke for once. After like half a dozen times where he insults her, or tries to kill her. She is worse than Karin

I-hate-u

Sasuke has had no less than THREE epiphany moments, and yet he still comes up with some utterly fortuitous and completely illogical way to create conflict. I do not consider that good character writing. I said undeveloped, not underdeveloped. Every time Kishimoto wants you to believe he's changed, he comes up with some insane nonsense to put him at odds with Naruto. Elder leadership, literally 3 people, calling for blood caused the Uchiha massacre? KILL EVERYONE. The Hokage tell Sasuke what a ninja really is? Okay, I'll save the village. JUST KIDDING, I'm going to murder 5 of the most important people in the world in their sleep, because ??????????

Yo real talk, Sasuke sucks.

... Third time's the charm? XD

Yo real talk, Sakura also sucks.

Team 7 should be Kakashi, Yamato, Sai and Naruto.

GaimeGuy

No team 7 should be Kakashi Naruto Shikamaru and Hinata. Replace Hinata with Ino for more"get shit done" factor

Frog-fu

Banned
At least we saw sakura show something resembling anger/disgust/contempt towards sasuke for once. After like half a dozen times where he insults her, or tries to kill her. She is worse than Karin

Being worse than Karin is a tall order. Karin actually forgave him and seems to be more in love with him than ever.

She wasn't even in a relationship! At no point were her feelings EVER reciprocated, so it's not even remotely the same

There are such things as abusive relationships where the the people aren't actually involved or even close in proximity to one another. Just goes to show vulnerable people can be.

Sakura's situation is different though. That's just Kishimoto being a dickhead.

I have no idea how Kishi would write a reference to Sakura shittalking Naruto into a chapter. I may be misunderstanding you but it would be so wholly out of character if Sakura did that.

I meant that after the forehead scene in the same chapter Sakura talks with the real Sasuke and says mean things about Naruto on how he lacks parents, but that's cool for him, because he can do whatever he wants. To which Sasuke puts her in her place. And after that Sakura thinks to herself, maybe she should be nicer to Naruto. I think that was a more relevant scene. And also it gets referenced again later ("You're annoying!")

IF, and it's a pretty damn big if, Kishimoto writes a scene with Naruto confessing his love to Sakura in all seriousness, then I really simply cannot imagine Sakura turning him down.

I do. If it's similar to how Dragon Quest handled it (the series which pairing situation gets compared to Naruto's pairing situation because how similar they are). As in "Right now I can't reciprocate, because I still have lingering feelings for the other, but I do like you and if you give me chance and time, maybe something can develop." It would also support an open ending, but with a hopeful tone to it.

I think that joins the long list of shit that was meant to go somewhere but never did like "that thing" Karin supposedly did to Sasuke and Hinata's unanswered confession.

Difference is that scene got cut off. But yeah there are stuff Kishi never brought up again. Also I don't think Hinata's confession was written in a way that would expect an answer.

Sai's addition to the story made the distinction. Ino's interested in Sai because of his similar looks to Sasuke but Sakura wasn't, because she actually loves Sasuke as a person.

Frog-fu

Banned
I meant that after the forehead scene in the same chapter Sakura talks with the real Sasuke and says mean things about Naruto on how he lacks parents, but that's cool for him, because he can do whatever he wants. To which Sasuke puts her in her place. And after that Sakura thinks to herself, maybe she should be nicer to Naruto. I think that was a more relevant scene. And also it gets referenced again later ("You're annoying!")

I'm still not clear on how you imagine it being worked in though. I don't think Sakura remembering how she mistreated Naruto would work either. She is well aware of that, she's felt guilty over it over the course of the series, and she's grown to be more and more concerned about him, especially when she found out about Kurama and Akatsuki's goals.

I would also hope Kishimoto wouldn't focus on how mean she was to Naruto, but rather how he was nice to her from the start. I suppose he could work that scene in by having Sakura thinking how she might still not understand Naruto completely and such, I guess.

I do. If it's similar to how Dragon Quest handled it (the series which pairing situation gets compared to Naruto's pairing situation because how similar they are). As in "Right now I can't reciprocate, because I still have lingering feelings for the other, but I do like you and if you give me chance and time, maybe something can develop." It would also support an open ending, but with a hopeful tone to it.

Ah, I see. I suppose it could go down like that, with Sakura letting him down gently because she didn't want to jump into a relationship and still has lingering emotions she needs to deal with.

I don't think that's Kishimoto's style though, I think that once he's gotten to the point of Naruto confessing, then I imagine it would be a little unconventional, maybe with Sakura getting a tad angry over the fact Naruto still wants her after all the suffering he went through, but ultimately accepting his feelings nonetheless.

Difference is that scene got cut off. But yeah there are stuff Kishi never brought up again. Also I don't think Hinata's confession was written in a way that would expect an answer.

It's a minor difference really, but I see your point.

I'm still not clear on how you imagine it being worked in though. I don't think Sakura remembering how she mistreated Naruto would work either. She is well aware of that, she's felt guilty over it over the course of the series, and she's grown to be more and more concerned about him, especially when she found out about Kurama and Akatsuki's goals.

I would also hope Kishimoto wouldn't focus on how mean she was to Naruto, but rather how he was nice to her from the start. I suppose he could work that scene in by having Sakura thinking how she might still not understand Naruto completely and such, I guess.

I didn't say it would be worked in. But that I don't think the forehead scene is relevant, and that other scene from the same chapter had more relevance in the long run anyway. That's all.

Team 7 was OP from the get go. Naruto and Sasuke on the same team......other teams didn't have a chance.

I remember the good old days when Team 7 wasn't actually the top dog though but man looking at the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.....yeah the other kids form the Konoha 11 would not have stood a chance against either of them.

I-hate-u

TheRealTalker is right, Sakura doesn't know anything about Sasuke and is pretty much acting on her attraction of him since childhood. She is infatuated with him and the idea of team 7 good old days, more than actually loving him (imo).

TheRealTalker is right, Sakura doesn't know anything about Sasuke and is pretty much acting on her attraction of him since childhood. She is infatuated with him and the idea of team 7 good old days, more than actually loving him (imo).

Nah. She got past the childhood crush stage a long time ago. She is seriously in love with Sasuke (and has been for quite some time) and this chapter explicitly outlines it. So much so that its breaking her heart see him like this ;___;

As to why, something Sasuke asks as well, Kakashi best explains it as the only time you need a reason is when you hate somebody.

Team 7 was OP from the get go. Naruto and Sasuke on the same team......other teams didn't have a chance.

I remember the good old days when Team 7 wasn't actually the top dog though but man looking at the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.....yeah the other kids form the Konoha 11 would not have stood a chance against either of them.

That was probably the height of the story. The story is pretty lame when it becomes like DBZ, with a couple of relevant characters strength-wise and a bunch of spectators. Only Killer Bee closelining Sasuke after he got the Mangekyou brought anywhere near as much excitement.

GaimeGuy

I don't remember: who, aside from the two leaf elders, is alive that knows itachi's true story? Just sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi, and Yamato, right?
Well, and Sasuke's 3 groupies

I-hate-u

Nah. She got past the childhood crush stage a long time ago. She is seriously in love with Sasuke (and has been for quite some time) and this chapter explicitly outlines it. So much so that its breaking her heart see him like this ;___;

As to why, something Sasuke asks as well, Kakashi best explains it as the only time you need a reason is when you hate somebody.

How can you truly love someone when you don't know anything about them?

That was probably the height of the story. The story is pretty lame when it becomes like DBZ, with a couple of relevant characters strength-wise and a bunch of spectators. Only Killer Bee closelining Sasuke after he got the Mangekyou brought anywhere near as much excitement.

Kushina's mini-arc was so awesome though.

Frog-fu

Banned
Current Team 7 might as well be called Team Hokage. They're ridiculously powerful.

Naruto and Sasuke are god tier, Sakura is mid Kage level, and Kakashi is Kage level even without his Sharingan.

Any one of them could, in a clinch, become Hokage if necessary. The rest of the Konoha 11 really don't compare.

I didn't say it would be worked in. But that I don't think the forehead scene is relevant, and that other scene from the same chapter had more relevance in the long run anyway. That's all.

Oh, I see. My misunderstanding.

GaimeGuy

Current Team 7 might as well be called Team Hokage. They're ridiculously powerful.

Naruto and Sasuke are god tier, Sakura is mid Kage level, and Kakashi is Kage level even without his Sharingan.

Any one of them could, in a clinch, become Hokage if necessary. The rest of the Konoha 11 really don't compare.

Oh, I see. My misunderstanding.
Ino and Shikamaru are awesome too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom