• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

What Itachi gave Naruto has already been released... And then destroyed by Itachi himself.

Having Itachi come back for another lesson would severely diminish the significance of his parting words to Sasuke upon the release of Kabuto's Edo Tensei. I doubt anything Itachi says could sway Sasuke at this point anyways; he says in this very chapter that he's already realized that their viewpoints are completely different.

Frog-fu

Banned
I think there's a very good explanation why Sasuke is such a dick.

It's the thug life, and it chose him.
JEo8-ZL1bi4.jpg

What Itachi gave Naruto has already been released... And then destroyed by Itachi himself.

Having Itachi come back for another lesson would severely diminish the significance of his parting words to Sasuke upon the release of Kabuto's Edo Tensei. I doubt anything Itachi says could sway Sasuke at this point anyways; he says in this very chapter that he's already realized that their viewpoints are completely different.

You do realize this is Kishimoto we are talking about right?
Nothing stupid is off the table.

Namikaze1

Waiting for Mangastream's to go up. I prefer their translation over mangapanda's.
Though, I already read the chapter due to my curiosity.

btw if next chapter there's still talking I don't see how this will finish till the Last? Kishi needs to pick it up if that's his aim. How many chapters left till the movie?

Frog-fu

Banned
Waiting for Mangastream's to go up. I prefer their translation over mangapanda's.
Though, I already read the chapter due to my curiosity.

Mangastream take way too many liberties with their translations though. Mangapanda is quick and dirty but it also tends to be more accurate.

Frog-fu

Banned
My reaction: "pleaseberealpleaseberealpleasebereal"

For real, I'm just curious, what has Sakura done to upset you so much you want her dead?

I just prefer theirs. Plus their site is easier to browse while on mobile IMO.

I do like the way they clean up the manga, I'll give them that. Their site is also much more mobile friendly too.

I usually read the chapters a number of times when they come out, starting with Mangapanda and then later on with MS.

It's best to read both and if you can the official Viz translations. Manga Stream loves to make shit up, and sometimes completely changing what's said to the confusion of readers.

A little disappointed we're back at the VotE to be honest. It only sets itself up to be compared to the highs and lows of that fight, but I suppose that's exactly what Kishi wants. :/

I can already see it. Chidori vs Rasengan. Top level shinobis can read each other without saying a word. Did you see what's in my heart Sasuke? etc

Frog-fu

Banned
I really wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Naruto has always been carrying Sasuke's scratched headband and returns it to him.

Also, a sadistic part of me really wants to see Sasuke refuse to put it on and later have Naruto scratch his face up.

I love how calm Kakashi and Naruto where when he put Sakura in a gengutsu

She goes down... They pause, no anger and then continue to talk normally...

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't understand how getting beat up magically makes hate become love, let's see what Kishi comes up with.

It's shōnenfied logic. Sure, a lot people come to understand one another through adversity, just look at the great rivalries of history, but it's nowhere near as clear cut as the shōnen genre makes it out to be.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Valley of the End!

I mentioned it before but I'm just as excited for the talking as I am for the fighting. It should be interesting. The fight will become, but I agree it sucks waiting so long for such short chapters!

Also sasuke destroyed sakura lol. I love when Kishi makes him say obvious things like uhh why do you even like me. Also valley of the end!!

edit: I'm glad the MS one came out quickly, as usual it was a much better translation. Like WAY better.

btw gotta wait till Viz and takl, but if that MS version ends up being the "true" version, then it's definitely over....

...for NS

Which also doesn't mean the other two will happen, as an open ending is always likely. But there's simply no room for Sakura to have an epiphany about her feelings after all this. Hinata is dead set about Naruto. Which only leaves Naruto and Sasuke :lol

Frog-fu

Banned
btw gotta wait till Viz and takl, but if that MS version ends up being the "true" version, then it's definitely over....

...for NS

Which also doesn't mean the other two will happen, as an open ending is always likely. But there's simply no room for Sakura to have an epiphany about her feelings after all this. Hinata is dead set about Naruto. Which only leaves Naruto and Sasuke :lol

MS are notorious for simple mistranslations and causing confusion. It's best to wait for the raws and Viz translations.

I don't think anyone (regardless of who they ship) was under any impression that the romance was going to be well written. That was clear from day 1 regardless of which of the Big 3 he was going to make canon.

Frog-fu

Banned
There's at least a 50% none of the pairings will have any closure whatsoever and that it'll either be saved for the movies or will never be dealt with it.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Naruto seemed to handle himself pretty well this chapter. He was annoyed Sasuke used a genjutsu on Sakura but aside from that he was pretty calm, especially the way he reminded Kakashi of his promise to Sakura, which I find odd because Sakura already relinquished him from that promise (a number of times), and he said around the Kage Summit arc that his motivations for saving Sasuke had changed and that he promise wasn't the only reason he had.

Because Naruto sees through Sakura's bullshit, just like when she tried to confess her love to him. Naruto still intends to keep his promise to her because he knows that regardless of what Sasuke just did to her, she's still in love. Everyone knows it. Why else would Hagoromo say "Love is complicated" after the fact?

daveo42

Banned
Ugh...the first half of the chapter was so cringe worthy. At one point I was actually hoping that the Sauce had actually killed Sakura.

So based on the end of this chapter, we'll get 1-2 more chapters of explanation/exposition before getting down to a final (hopefully actually final) fight between Naruto and Sasuke. The only thing left to find out is how long this fight is going to go on and how much TnJ is going to play a role. I firmly believe that, at least based on how things have already played out, that the Sauce won't die here and he'll have a change of heart of something. Not that I need him to die, but something has to happen to him. I'll be pissed if it doesn't.

The Last really complicates shit.

This manga HAS to end before the movie comes out IF it's canon.

Ugh.

Should've been a February MAYBE January release.

So... Even at the end if the world and at the end of everything Sakura still professes her love for Sasuke? After everything he's pulled? Hell even Sasuke knows there's no way that Sakura should still be in love with him!

Fuck you Kishimoto! Fuck you for finally ruining Sakura for me!

Jesus Christ, Sasuke is such a shitty character. Please Naruto kill that's asshole and put the fandom out of it's misery.

Um wat. This just shows bad things on Sakura's character.... Not Sasuke's. I can't tell if people hate Sasuke because they think he's genuinely a terrible written character or because they think he's just a sumbag. He's a f******* great villain considering he's gotten everyone to hate him so much. I mean of course I hate him at times too, but in an antagonist way. I'd be lying if I said he didn't make the story like 10 times more interesting.

Also I kind of don't think this puts a stop to SasuSaku. None of the crap Sasuke has put her through before has stopped her love, and whenever (if) Naruto JnJs him for good then I just feel like Sakura would still have the same feelings for him.

There's at least a 50% none of the pairings will have any closure whatsoever and that it'll either be saved for the movies or will be dealt with it.
Kishi is trying to pull a Dark Souls and let the reader discover the relationships themselves. Everything is open to interpretation.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Last really complicates shit.

This manga HAS to end before the movie comes out IF it's canon.

Ugh.

Should've been a February MAYBE January release.
How long can a fight last? December 6th is a while away, we can still get a decent fight in before then.

Sai

Mangastream take way too many liberties with their translations though. Mangapanda is quick and dirty but it also tends to be more accurate.
:/ Still think you guys should be more careful about mentioning the scanslation groups, and posting pages with their watermarks. Pretty sure these rules still apply in the ManGAF thread, don't see why they wouldn't anywhere else; mods just haven't taken a peek yet.

There have been a few recent chapters in which MS conveyed things more appropriately than MP. It's true that MP has had the better track record over the past few years however.

I miss the njt & Nihongaeri days. :(

:/ Still think you guys should be more careful about mentioning the scanslation groups, and posting pages with their watermarks. Pretty sure these rules still apply in the ManGAF thread, don't see why they wouldn't anywhere else; mods just haven't taken a peek yet.

There have been a few recent chapters in which MS conveyed things more appropriately than MP. It's true that MP has had the better track record over the past few years however.

I miss the njt & Nihongaeri days. :(
I'm pretty sure that rule applies everywhere. It's just that mods don't give a flying fuck about Naruto at this moment. Just kidding lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom