• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The anime episode was really great this week. I said it before but actually being able to see this stuff has elevated the story arc so much for me. Way better than reading the manga.

Loved seeing Naruto be smart, that's why he is a boss.

TUSR

Banned
The anime episode was really great this week. I said it before but actually being able to see this stuff has elevated the story arc so much for me. Way better than reading the manga.

have they out done the obito/kakashi fight yet? that fight was top 5 material.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Naruto is smart, but not in the elaborate shikamaru "I'll lure him here, here, and here, and then do this, that, and that" manner, but in the "It's so simple it's brilliant" manner.

"well, I can't reach him in 5 seconds, but what if Ihad a million me's around to throw myself at him?"

"Well, I have these truth seeking balls, and I can't create them, but I can manipulate them. What if I give them to a clone and protect the clone like he's the real me?"

Sai

the sage is full of shit

why give Crazy-kun such vicious power after he goes AWF at full tilt with the force of his deranged, batshit over-the-top ways? why not give your power to your other progeny? Which part of Crazy's answer is even remotely acceptable?

ugh
Because he wants them both to cooperate, and has faith that their friendship, and more importantly, Naruto, will be able to make that happen.

... Is what I surmise, anyways.

Also doesn't the fact that Sasuke wants to remove his past and the things close to him so he can operate on his own more reason why Sasuke/Sakura is dead. Because I'm pretty sure he wants to kill Naruto and if he considered Sakura anything meaningful to him in any way he'd kill her too but she doesn't really figure into this.

ant1532

Banned
sasuke is just awkward and scared to face everyone and try to be friends after all the dumb shit he pulled.

he's gunna realize how dumb his idea is by the end of this.

So Sasuke wants to LARP as Madara but "secretly" he's actually keeping the peace like Itachi.

So Zero Requiem except he doesn't intend to die and has no plan for when he does eventually die.

Just as we all expected.

sasuke is just awkward and scared to face everyone and try to be friends after all the dumb shit he pulled.

he's gunna realize how dumb his idea is by the end of this.
if he can talk to Karin after almost killing her then I'm sure he can get along with the leaf crew.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So Sasuke wants to LARP as Madara but "secretly" he's actually keeping the peace like Itachi.

So Zero Requiem except he doesn't intend to die and has no plan for when he does eventually die.

Just as we all expected.

Yeah, what's Sasuke's big plan for after he dies? his idea of changing the ninja world and keeping peace just sounds like being a distraction. Take what Itachi did for the leaf, but do it on a global scale so that the ninja world is united (which is what the Akatsuki and Madara were doing, but to a different end state).

If he dies, the "peace" dissolves.

Haters Going to Hate

Sasuke is a waaay better character then some of the other cast in Naruto

It's not hate it's reason. Nothing Sasuke has ever done has made any sense or done any good. He's never had a reasonable goal or a rational way of getting there. Sasuke entire character is him brooding, 'looking cool' and being a little shit to everyone. And now, at the end of the story his final plan is even more retarded.

Sasuke is the Wolverine of anime.

Yeah, what's Sasuke's big plan for after he dies? his idea of changing the ninja world and keeping peace just sounds like being a distraction. Take what Itachi did for the leaf, but do it on a global scale so that the ninja world is united (which is what the Akatsuki and Madara were doing, but to a different end state).

Sasuke wants to be the giant squid from Watchmen.

It's not hate it's reason. Nothing Sasuke has ever done has made any sense or done any good. He's never had a reasonable goal or a rational way of getting there. Sasuke entire character is him brooding, 'looking cool' and being a little shit to everyone. And now, at the end of the story his final plan is even more retarded.

Sasuke is the Wolverine of anime.

In one timeline Wolverine's X-Force took over the world and ruled it with an iron fist to keep the peace.

Sasuke wants to be the giant squid from Watchmen.

Madara/Obito already did that, he's too late

No complaints yet?

I was almost expecting to hear "how could have Sasuke and Naruto clashed RIGHT in the middle of the space between to two statues! They should have clashed more towards Sasuke's side because Naruto was shown to have better speed feats than him!!11!1111"

He might use edo tensei, or Orochimaru's immortality jutsu.

It was amusing to see Sasuke smile like that in this chapter.

E8AS5ga.png

Like he so proud of his plan and thinks it's just amazing and that literally nothing can go wrong. Dat confidence.

Welfare

No complaints yet?

I was almost expecting to hear "how could have Sasuke and Naruto clashed RIGHT in the middle of the space between to two statues! They should have clashed more towards Sasuke's side because Naruto was shown to have better speed feats than him!!11!1111"
It looks like they are on top of one of the heads, though.
:p

Still don't quite get what he expects to happen here. What happens when he dies? Would make much more sense for Sasuke to get Naruto to kill the kages and start over, Naruto running the village, Sasuke running the "underworld".

I don't get why he has to be alone to accomplish his Hokage. And if everyone hates him, wouldn't they kill him? I guess they are more powerful than I thought.

When does the viz translation come in? I feel like after seeing the discrepancies in last week's chapter, I'm betting it will be the same this time too.

you just know Hagaromo smokes that sage weed and is high as a kite right now, he gives no fucks.

Kakashi: SAGE WHAT DO WE DO THEY'RE GOING TO FIGHT OMG DO SOMETHING WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE!

Sage: just chill man..........believe in Naruto dude.............

Man Kishimoto went out of his way to make the sage look human, he is incredibly naïve, Sasuke outright stated that he wanted to kill Naruto. Both of them are their sons in a way so he should know things will be the same. And he just handles him the means to do that? Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!

Frog-fu

Banned
I think Hagoromo realised that he was going to have to trust both Naruto and Sasuke one way or another. Yeah, he knew Sasuke was planning to kill Naruto, but he may have believed that he would change his mind, and if he hadn't given him power and everything to Naruto (who I'm sure could've taken Kaguya by himself in that case), then the vicious cycle of his children's transmigrants waging war would simply continue, and like Naruto inferred when he met him, this, at the very least, bothers Hagoromo as he essentially witnessed his children killing one another time and time again.

Sasuke would still try to kill Naruto, with or without Hagoromo's power, and if he failed and died, then the next transmigrant would give it a go, and the next, as would the next one after that, and so on.

Hagoromo has faith that Naruto will not only show Sasuke the right way, but that he will also succeed in breaking the vicious cycle started by Ashura and Indra. If he could make a friend and ally out of Kurama, the very embodiment of hatred, then surely he could do the same with Sasuke?

Sasuke would still try to kill Naruto, with or without Hagoromo's power, and if he failed and died, then the next transmigrant would give it a go, and the next, and so on.

Would he? They wouldn't be any more Uchihas. Also there's not Black Zetsu messing with the tablet to trick Uchiha's into reviving Kaguya. Sage was right for trusting Ashura. They are natural leaders that help spread peace.

Wasn't it black zetsu's doing that Indra and all his incarnations kept going nuts, without him everything should be fine for the next guy after The Sauce.

edit: damnit Winter, this is what I get going to another tab before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom