• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sasuke can never have sage mode, he's too comfortable just spamming eye techniques to do any real training.

Yeah that training arc that Naruto did to become the Juubi Jinchuuriki was awesome. I can't believe he figured out the logic to give Kakashi a third eyeball. Naruto's so smart. ooh and remember when he gradually learned how to fly? Hardwork surpasses genius

Yeah that training arc that Naruto did to become the Juubi Jinchuuriki was awesome. I can't believe he figured out the logic to give Kakashi a third eyeball. Naruto's so smart. ooh and remember when he gradually learned how to fly? Hardwork surpasses genius
the ending was rushed but you are glossing over all the training he DID do

the ending was rushed but you are glossing over all the training he DID do

You mean the training where he used Kage Bunshins as a short cut to learn Rasenshuriken in like two days? Special training that only he can do.

Wait lets go further back.

You mean how he learned how to summon Gamabunta by forcing Kyuubi to give him chakra because he couldn't do it normally?

uhh...

You mean the training where he used Kage Bunshins as a short cut to learn Rasenshuriken in like two days? Special training that only he can do.

Wait lets go further back.

You mean how he learned how to summon Gamabunta by forcing Kyuubi to give him chakra because he couldn't do it normally?

uhh...
Uhh using shadow clones for training was brilliant and one of my fave arcs in Naruto. Also I generally like how throughout the entire series he got better and better with his shadow clones.

Also the original Rasengan training. Sage mode training. Even the summoning training was good, you're just nitpicking it. Learning to control kurama was rushed but still sub-decent.

the anime seems to portray this arc in a better fashion then our experience with the weekly chapters

still re-reading the prior volumes in one go, volume by volume makes it less boggy

it is like reading OP by volumes rather then by chapters

stuff seem more organized and feel more like a established package that weekly chapters wouldn't be able to cover

360pages

When it comes to experiencing the story

Manga>>>The Storm Games>>>>Anime

Seriously the Storm games cut out a lot of unneeded fluff to some scenes and sure they cut some cool parts, but I think it's a fair trade for the sheer amount of filler the anime suffers from.

Naruto doesn't have the Juubi in him.

When it comes to experiencing the story

Manga>>>The Storm Games>>>>Anime

Seriously the Storm games cut out a lot of unneeded fluff to some scenes and sure they cut some cool parts, but I think it's a fair trade for the sheer amount of filler the anime suffers from.
Meh depends on a lot of things. For instance the ninja war arc is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better in the anime than anywhere else.

Meh depends on a lot of things. For instance the ninja war arc is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better in the anime than anywhere else.

Yep, agreed 100%. There are literally chapters of action in the manga where I didn't have a clue what the hell just happened. Then you have mind blowing shit like Kakashi VS Obito, Madara VS Shinobi Alliance elevating the anime war arc as a must see. The pacing is troubled for some episodes (endless landscape pans, reaction cutting to every character for every little thing, part 1 was so much better about this..) but overall the anime repurposes the manga to a much more digestible package.

Yep, agreed 100%. There are literally chapters of action in the manga where I didn't have a clue what the hell just happened. Then you have mind blowing shit like Kakashi VS Obito, Madara VS Shinobi Alliance elevating the anime war arc as a must see. The pacing is troubled for some episodes (endless landscape pans, reaction cutting to every character for every little thing, part 1 was so much better about this..) but overall the anime repurposes the manga to a much more digestible package.
not to mention awesome music!

not to mention awesome music!

Haha, it's funny cause I actually find the music really hit and miss for me in part 2. There's some good stuff in there, but it never really hits the highs the score did in Part 1 for me.

Part 2 is more authentic to the Naruto world of the shinobi I suppose, but although it's more light-hearted, I found that there were so many more memorable themes in Part 1. Something about the intensity for the music during key battles really captured a kinetic energy that would really leave you feeling pumped. I'm guessing they changed composers for whatever reason?

Sai

Uhh using shadow clones for training was brilliant and one of my fave arcs in Naruto. Also I generally like how throughout the entire series he got better and better with his shadow clones.

Also the original Rasengan training. Sage mode training. Even the summoning training was good, you're just nitpicking it. Learning to control kurama was rushed but still sub-decent.
I don't want to delve into this proper, as Kishimoto doesn't always do the best job of depicting it, but training is all Sasuke has ever really done during his downtime, besides recuperating from rough battles that can also count as intense training in their ow right.

Regardless, it is precisely because Sasuke is the character with prodigious aptitude that things are, relatively, easier on his end. But with training being his favorite pastime, it's jot like we're being lead to believe that he's just resting on his laurels either.

Naruto, too, has been catching onto his new means of power very quickly throughout this war. He may be made out to be a slow learner, but we've witnessed him catch on quickly to things he's forced to experience first hand.

thanks to rinnegan and all of juugos chakra thats been pumped into him as well as having kabuto pumping his sage chakra to save him, sasuke instantly gained sage mode.

Sarcasm aside, this is actually what I expect to happen. He has a crazy amount of nature energy in him right now and we know he's already dominated the snakes as well as the hawks...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wait I just read chapter again. Is Sasuke Batman now!
Essentially, if Batman wanted to kill the mayor of Gotham and everyone he's ever associated with, including Alfred.

Sasuke is still a villain. He has more noble intentions than power and revenge, now, but he's still messed up in the head.

I-hate-u

Sarcasm aside, this is actually what I expect to happen. He has a crazy amount of nature energy in him right now and we know he's already dominated the snakes as well as the hawks...

Sasuke gets so many random power ups in his fights, so its not totally out of the realm that he gets Sage mode.

I don't want to delve into this proper, as Kishimoto doesn't always do the best job of depicting it, but training is all Sasuke has ever really done during his downtime, besides recuperating from rough battles that can also count as intense training in their ow right.

Regardless, it is precisely because Sasuke is the character with prodigious aptitude that things are, relatively, easier on his end. But with training being his favorite pastime, it's jot like we're being lead to believe that he's just resting on his laurels either.

Naruto, too, has been catching onto his new means of power very quickly throughout this war. He may be made out to be a slow learner, but we've witnessed him catch on quickly to things he's forced to experience first hand.
Naruto has been shown to have great instincts in battle, as seen in the latest episode of the anime too. Can come up with things on the spot pretty quickly.

I agree about Sasuke though. I doubt he is just sitting around. Those summons didn't just come to him! Also his abilities have evolved as the series have gone on. We just don't get to see it. Still my most hating thing in this series. I want more training and more development of moves. Doesn't have to become a science like hunter x hunter but I would have loved to see more.

Sai

I actually would have preferred if we saw everyone just develop along the way like Sasuke did, isntead of getting the occasional training arc like Naruto. Something akin to the way One Piece's characters just get stronger along the way, no explicit reasoning as to what they're doing to hone those abilities, just fightin' and adventurin'. :p

About Sasuke with Senjutsu: He's already technically been trained to use it through Orochimaru's Juinka; Orochimaru alluded to that aptitude for Senjutsu allowing him to transcend Madara.

So, honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we see some application of Senjutsu from him during this fight.

Why did Sasuke needed Juugo's lame ass to give his Susanoo Senjutsu. He should had awaken his curse seals powers again, sure that would make Itachi a complete failure, but after Sasuke revived Orochimaru all bets where off

Sai

Well, the Juin is something specific to Orochimaru; I don't think Sasuke could simply "awaken" it like some new Sharingan power.

Senninka in general gives me the impression of being an another Kekkei Genkai entirely; Sasuke may be compatible with it, but it's not like he can just reproduce it without having the necessary prerequisites.

My hope is that he ends up using his experience with the Juinka as a basis for learning to harness Senjutsu his own way, like he used Rock Lee's copied movements to obtain his speed. I honestly don't want to see his Juinka Lv2 return. :/

I know that's not how it works but Juugo is just so lame. I have a question about Kaguya.

She was the Juubi right? So Hagoromo sealed her body away in the moon and sealed her chakra inside of him, later using it to gave birth to the tail beasts. That's why I think happened but I'm not too sure

Ooh cool, I wanted to be sure because of the mistranslations. I miss Kaguya, I don't want to deal with yet another Uchiha babbling their mouths and using the same tired jutsus.

Frog-fu

Banned
I hate the fact Naruto never gets well animated fights. Like what the actual fuck? He's the titular character, his fights tend to be the most hype, so, for real, where is his time to shine? Fuck Studio Pierrot. The day they go under, I'll celebrate.

Naruto ain't gonna get a well animated fight until Naruto VS Sasuke.

Yeah, that's a great point. He has the hypest theme, they need to use it and bring up the animation. Naruto is a cool character, and he has a great arsenal of moves, for a good studio to play with.

I-hate-u

I hate the fact Naruto never gets well animated fights. Like what the actual fuck? He's the titular character, his fights tend to be the most hype, so, for real, where is his time to shine? Fuck Studio Pierrot. The day they go under, I'll celebrate.

I find the Naruto vs Nagato fight, particularly, Kyuubi mode vs Pain, to be one of the better fights in the series.

That fight is very entertaining to watch and has an odd charm with the terrible drawings and all, but.... Well, the drawings and animations are terrible. Yes I think the drawings/art style go hand in hand with the animation. I really would have rather had a fight with all of the same craziness that was actually good quality.

they've been saving years worth of budget for this fight!!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That Madara/Sasuke opening reminds me of the ASM2 trailer with Electro. Side note, was the whole Rasenshruiken damaging Naruto's arm fixed when he completed it? Also, how does Madara use Susanoo without his eyes (forget the whole dodging perfectly thing because super-sensor)?

Maddocks

was the chapter so bad that no one is even talking about it? I think only 3 of us have even discussed anything that happened in it and its been all anime talk.

Is there an estimated date on the final chapter? I'm a few volumes behind and i wanna read the final chapter the day it's released.

Sai

was the chapter so bad that no one is even talking about it? I think only 3 of us have even discussed anything that happened in it and its been all anime talk.
There's really not much to talk about. Sasuke's ambitions don't have a realistic chance of coming to fruition, there's no room for them to meet half-way. All we have to look foward to now is his beatdown and conversion to Naruto-ism.

Which is what pretty much all of us want to see at this point, but it could've happened in a more interesting way.

I-hate-u

Emo_e5e4ac_802211.jpg

Sorry if offensive, but I always crack up at this.

There just isn't a whole lot to discuss in the chapter but we did go on about it in spurts throughout but yeah not much meat thurr. Meanwhile the anime is great lately.

Yeah that Naruto,

tumblr_n5xvz0MjsI1tc0fg0o5_250.gif
iFwy3oJ818mUM.gif

1Nzg9ca.gif

never gets any well animated fights.

So yeah, fuck studio Pierrot. Such a shitty studio

SasukeFall.gif

tumblr_lsmemx2yME1qjzmvio1_250.gif

SakuravsSasori.gif

3fDqrip.gif

#badanimation.

Are you joking me? Many parts are, granted less than I remember, those parts were still terrible and a lot of it was good and other parts were eh.
If you're referring to the "my pain is greater than yours" shot, you'll need to offer a lot more examples than that to cite the episode as "horribly drawn". That shift in style was a deliberate choice by Norio to portray the intensity of that line for the shot. There is a difference between stylistic choices and lack of skill. You're mistaking a shift in style for being off model and therefor "horribly drawn", when really it is an undertaking by one of the most skilled animators in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom