• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that Naruto,

tumblr_n5xvz0MjsI1tc0fg0o5_250.gif
iFwy3oJ818mUM.gif

1Nzg9ca.gif

never gets any well animated fights.

So yeah, fuck studio Pierrot. Such a shitty studio

SasukeFall.gif

tumblr_lsmemx2yME1qjzmvio1_250.gif

SakuravsSasori.gif

3fDqrip.gif

#badanimation.

If you're referring to the "my pain is greater than yours" shot, you'll need to offer a lot more examples than that to cite the episode as "horribly drawn". That shift in style was a deliberate choice by Norio to portray the intensity of that line for the shot. There is a difference between stylistic choices and lack of skill. You're mistaking a shift in style for being off model and therefor "horribly drawn", when really it is an undertaking by one of the most skilled animators in Japan.

He is talking about Naruto the character, not the series.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeah that Naruto,

never gets any well animated fights.

So yeah, fuck studio Pierrot. Such a shitty studio

#badanimation.

If you're referring to the "my pain is greater than yours" shot, you'll need to offer a lot more examples than that to cite the episode as "horribly drawn". That shift in style was a deliberate choice by Norio to portray the intensity of that line for the shot. There is a difference between stylistic choices and lack of skill. You're mistaking a shift in style for being off model and therefor "horribly drawn", when really it is an undertaking by one of the most skilled animators in Japan.

I'm talking about Naruto the character, not the entire show.

The one well animated fight he got was Naruto VS Sasuke. He never gets his time to shine outside of that. They even butchered the Pain fight, it was so ridiculously inconsistent.

Meanwhile, Kakashi has gotten ridiculous animation against Kakuzu and Hidan and Obito (on top of filler fights), and Sasuke got amazing in his fights against Deidara, Itachi and B.

Naruto gets fuck all.

Kishimoto forgot Naruto is the main character.

The only full fight he got against anyone was Pain, well over 100 episodes in, and even that fight was a lot of the infamous weird smear animation gone wrong. That's literally his only full, solo fight in the entirety of Part 2, unless you count Zombie Raikage. Even in minor fights, Naruto doesn't really do anything as long as other characters are around. As far as we can tell, Naruto is still fairly inept at everything that doesn't involve "hit with Rasengan to win," yet we have people heaping praise on him at absolutely every opportunity, like it's going to make the reader more impressed or something.

Tritroid

I'm probably an idiot that I didn't see this connection earlier...but...

I'm re-watching older Naruto episodes, and I'm on the Gaara vs. Kimimaro fight.

Kimimaro just said he was of the Kaguya clan, the last of the bloodline in fact.

Kaguya herself had similar bone-like abilities to Kimimaro, and even looked somewhat similar to him (even down to the two dots on their forehead).

It was probably mentioned in this thread earlier but...

MiNd BlOwN!1!1!

I-hate-u

Hyuuga and the Kaguya clan have the strongest blood ties to the mother of all shinobi, even a little more than Senju and Uchiha, right? I wonder what role they (the Hyuuga and the Kaguya clan) played during the pre-villages era.

And on that note, I am kind of ticked off on how Kishi didn't expand Byakugan abilities. It's not rare, but it should have been on a higher level than the Sharingan if Kaguya had it alongside Rinnegan.

rrc1594

I'm sorry but to me Hagoromo has been nothing but useless bum. The whole thing started because he picked fav with his children. What a shitty father

I'm sorry but to me Hagoromo has been nothing but useless bum. The whole thing started because he picked fav with his children. What a shitty father

Indra was probably a psycho like Sasuke, Sage may be a lazy bum but he made the right choice.

it isn't his fault that Black Zetsu came out of nowhere and manipulated Indra into fighting Ashura.

Sai

Hagoromo said he was at fault for just leaving Indra to the wayside and expecting him to be all complacent after the reigns were given to Asura. Another reason I was hoping the present situation between Naruto and Sasuke and their ideals would play out differently.

Not that I don't suspect that Indra was a douche in his own right. The impression I got was that he was full of himself, and would've opted to rule with an iron fist like his grandmother if given the opportunity.

5 weeks eh? That doesn't seem like it'll be enough for a satisfying fight and tied up ends, unless some chapters are extra long.

It's really happening isn't it ;_;

Ponn

Banned

Wow, and the fight hasn't even started yet. If we are looking at a quick fight we need one chapter for the initial sparring, a 2nd for Sasuke pulling some "OH SHIT NARUTO IS SCREWED" jutsu and then a 3rd with a Naruto reversal and win. That would leave only two chapters, one for Sasuke/Naruto TnJ brofistbullshit and then only one chapter ;eft to wrap everything up. Something is going to be very unsatisfying.

I'm a bit worried how this is going to go down if true.

vareon

I don't follow Naruto as much as I did back in those years, but Naruto was a gateway for many people into anime. And those people are still my best friends now. Sad to see it ends, but it has to. Before things get worse.

I don't follow Naruto as much as I did back in those years, but Naruto was a gateway for many people into anime. And those people are still my best friends now. Sad to see it ends, but it has to. Before things get worse.

This dreaded war is over. I honestly couldn't see it getting any worse and dragged on than the point it was already at if it continued going.

Holy shit. Some of my oldest friends who I don't keep in regular contact with still send me messages to talk about Naruto. So weird to think it's finally coming to an end. I wish one of us had kept a record of all the bets we made over time. At least One Piece will outlive us.

Really interested to know whether this movie is going to be canon or not. Maybe it might even be a AU kickoff, where it's not Kishi canon, but someone else continues the story.

Averon

One can hope. I really don't want to see the series end. I would love a part 3.

What would a part 3 even entail? What big bad could be powerful enough to threaten Naruto or Sasuke? Anyone that can do anything to Naruto and Sauske are either dead or sealed away in another dimension that you can't get to.

I really doubt there's going to be a part 3.

As long as Naruto is still the main character and not Konohamaru.

Dammit I wanted to find a clip of that episode where a bunch of characters start saying the story is about them now and alternate titles pop up like "Shikamaru Shippuden". It was a good joke/reference in theory but I couldn't execute on it...

Instead I'll just post this for no reason!

Screen-Shot-2012-04-26-at-743.jpg

I-hate-u

Dammit I wanted to find a clip of that episode where a bunch of characters start saying the story is about them now and alternate titles pop up like "Shikamaru Shippuden". It was a joke in theory but I couldn't execute on it!

I didn't watch all the fillers, but that sounds interesting.

What are you guys gonna do if the fight ends on a cliffhanger and then the movie shows flashbacks to what happened in that fight as the movie progresses. Or cliffhanger for part 3.

I'd like a part 3 still. This is too sad even for a late joiner like me :(

nooooooooooooooooooo. Assuming it really is just 5 weeks and that's it. Any chance we get longer chapters? Has kishimoto ever done that? I don't recall any....

I-hate-u

What are you guys gonna do if the fight ends on a cliffhanger and then the movie shows flashbacks to what happened in that fight as the movie progresses. Or cliffhanger for part 3.

I'd like a part 3 still. This is too sad even for a late joiner like me :(

nooooooooooooooooooo. Assuming it really is just 5 weeks and that's it. Any chance we get longer chapters? Has kishimoto ever done that? I don't recall any....

He has to respect the manga readers and provide some sort of conclusion, me thinks.

He has to respect the manga readers and provide some sort of conclusion, me thinks.
I just find it weird we aren't going to get some sort of epilogue. I guess that's what the movie is for. The manga will just end with the fight ending probably, Who knows.

Still want part 3. For the person that asked what it would evne be about, I don't even care lol. It could be about naruto and sakura and sasuke each having their own students and just random stuff and ninja missions and and and and....let me just enjoy them a little longer once this war is over :( Feels like it has been going on forever.

Amikami

Banned
Kishi has been dragging out shit for years, and then comes the main event finally comes around and he rushes it. I can't imagine a good conclusion to this battle and the entire Damn manga in 5 chapters unless we get an unnaturally long chapter. Hell, the battle hasn't even really started.

5 weeks, imo, feels about right.

At this stage, it's about resolving the emotional and ideological conflict between two rivals/friends. It's not about who's stronger than who, it's about who is willing to accept the other and each other's compromise of their respective will.

For what it's worth, this is basically the epilogue. Naruto vs Sasuke is the thematic conclusion for a story of two friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom