• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
I don't know if it's possible for a satisfying end in just 5 chapters from where we are right now. At least that's how I feel.

Maddocks

What would a part 3 even entail? What big bad could be powerful enough to threaten Naruto or Sasuke? Anyone that can do anything to Naruto and Sauske are either dead or sealed away in another dimension that you can't get to.

I really doubt there's going to be a part 3.

They make up bad guys all the time, they can asspull anyone. someone who was sealed long ago is now broken. Look at Danzo, never talked about and all of a sudden he became a major player and it was late into part 2. I would like a part 3 because I just like the character and the world created, it probably wont happen, but I wouldn't mind if it did happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kishi has been dragging out shit for years, and then comes the main event finally comes around and he rushes it. I can't imagine a good conclusion to this battle and the entire Damn manga in 5 chapters unless we get an unnaturally long chapter. Hell, the battle hasn't even really started.

Eeeh, I can. The battle is going to be short. They beat the crap out of god in not much time either. The one real nice thing about only five weeks is that there isn't going to be any surprise super final boss.

Unless it's five weeks to the announcement of Naruto: Hokage Chronicles.

This has fairly wide-reaching implications on my media consumption. Pretty sure I'm not going to renew Shonen Jump after this; while I follow a lot of the manga they run in the US edition, I can't say I feel passionately about it, or at least have the attachment I had for Naruto. Crunchyroll is a must for an anime fan so it'll stay, but if this happened a year ago I probably would've dropped it as well. So weird to have a 15 year chapter of a life closing.

orochi91

Kishi should redo the whole series as a Senien manga. We've had 15 years worth of Shonen.

And get Studio Shaft to animate the Senien series :D

daveo42

Banned
5 weeks!? The epic final fight in cancelled?

Four straight weeks of fight ending on the fourth week. Fifth and final issue is post battle kiss-and-make-up followed by the 2nd half being "X years later" with Naruto becoming Hokage with wife (NOT Sakura for the love of god), kids, and all the friends he got over the years. Probably tailed beasts included.

Ends with Naruto speech that concludes with "My way of the ninja" or some shit with all the people who died during the series looking on and smiling.

At least that's how I think Kishi will end it. Idk...maybe Naruto will die and The Sauce will reign supreme. Nah, doesn't include enough TnJ and friendship.

Stulaw

Imagine if it ends with Naruto and Sasuke's fists clashing, Naruto uses the opportunity like a fist bump to look into Sasuke's heart, he'll find a darkness influencing him and pulls it out, the darkness flies away to become the final boss of The Last, meanwhile, Sasuke wakes up and finally sees that the way he's going about things is wrong. He unseals everything and becomes a rap duo with Killer B to spread love with music throughout the Ninja world.

I don't know if it's possible for a satisfying end in just 5 chapters from where we are right now. At least that's how I feel.
If the last chapter is indication, I definitely do not foresee a satisfying conclusion to the series. I wonder how many chapters the Talk-no-Jutsu will span.

Biggest fight in the Manga, the aftermath, the epilogue, all in 5 chapters? Fuck, either this is going to be rushed as hell, or they're setting up for part 3. Far, farrr too many things that need proper leg room before we see this epic come to a close. Hopefully it wraps with an extra long chapter to send it off.

Biggest fight in the Manga, the aftermath, the epilogue, all in 5 chapters? Fuck, either this is going to be rushed as hell, or they're setting up for part 3. Far, farrr too many things that need proper leg room before we see this epic come to a close. Hopefully it wraps with an extra long chapter to send it off.

see where you went wrong is assuming sasuke and naruto are fighting right now. actually, they just rushed into kiss each other finalizing the true love story of naruto.

I can see it going beyond 700 chapter
Edit:Nevermind I saw the article

But Please don't do a part 3 Kishimoto

The story is done we don't need a GT on our hands

Namikaze1

So manga will most likely end with Naruto helping up a defeated Sasuke. On the bright side, no pairing ending. Thank god. Looks like shippers may have to wait till the movie comes out.

Frog-fu

Banned
tumblr_inline_nd0k87Y8Lx1qjk9k5.jpg

Welfare

In 5 weeks?! Either the final chapter is longer than 20 pages, or will be very disapointing so the movie can have substance.

Naruto v Sasuke will probably be extended in the Anime.

Mengetsu

5 weeks. Welp I will know profound sadness soon.

Also I have my plane ticket ready incase Kishi tries to pull a fast one and doesn't put hinata with naruto. It's all me and my friends talk about when the end of this series happens :lol

I expect the last scene to be Naruto walking into Ichiraku Ramen with Iruka. And saying something like "This time I'll pay"
That would be nostalgic and awesome.

Jigolo

Holy shit 5 weeks. I'm going to guess the manga ends with Naruto looking over Sasuke (vice versa in P1) as the final panel and if you want to find out what happens after, watch the movie.

Regardless this information confirms 2 things.

1. The questions whether the film is canon or not can be dropped now.
2. This movie is going to be huge.

Jigolo

Fuck man, started following Naruto when it first started airing on Toonami in 02/03? The feels are already getting to me and Naruto isn't even my favorite but it's just a huge portion of my life.

Is Kishi really goind to leave us off at 699? Surely there will be a double chapter in one of the next 5 weeks so that it becomes 700

darknil

Talking about the movie, what are the best Naruto movies? Looking for something to watch while the new anime season starts.

Talking about the movie, what are the best Naruto movies? Looking for something to watch while the new anime season starts.
Road to Ninja and Will of Fire are my personal faves.

And if there is a part 3 or some extension to the series, it's only bad if Kishimoto isn't writing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom