• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

Maybe Naruto will curb stomp Sasuke if there is only 5 chapters left.

That's what I was thinking. A nice rolfstomp.

It would be werid how we would go from No sauske if we fight we will both die! To lol imma kick your ass within five chapters.

Naruto never said that if they both fight they will both die will they? All Naruto said was he wasn't going to lose/give up on him and Sasuke said well he aint gonna stop so naruto just responded saying well then I guess we gon die lol.

But lets be real sasuke talks a lot of shit. Dude will GG like 3 mins into the match.

Niks

Manga lasts for 15 years, rush the ending in 5 weeks.. that's some fucked up logic.

I hope we get a massive 50 page last chapter at least....

wmlk

I don't see what's so great about the animation in the Obito vs. Kakashi episode. Looks way too washed out, and doesn't even look like Kishi.

This is gonna be some Eyeshield 21 shit. Evenly matched, their final attacks clash!! The WinNeR iS-?? Flash forward chapter. Vague cuts around the village. We see the current Hokage, his face obscured. Please look forward to Naruto the Last!
You are.

Last chapter is reportedly 37+ pages plus some bonus content.

Source?

And according to takl (translator) from NF, basically chapters will be longer by 2 pages and then we get the final chapter and an extra. But it's not clear if the two of them combined are 39 pages. The reason for only 2 pages

seems so. according to the assistant its due to the vol limit (around 10 chaps each) to end at vol 72.
the very last chap, #699 might be longer tho.

also, another thing the assistant wrote

i donno kishs assistant said he has to find a new assistant job.
he on the other hand said "narutos ending but not really (shouldnt touch this!!(lol))"
n "too early for a sequel"

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see what's so great about the animation in the Obito vs. Kakashi episode. Looks way too washed out, and doesn't even look like Kishi.

It's extremely high quality animation and was one of the best animated fights in the shows history.
The washed out look is the animators style of colouring.
You're probably used to the 5 frames a minute panning treatment Naruto usually get.

wmlk

It's extremely high quality animation and was one of the best animated fights in the shows history.
The washed out look is the animators style of colouring.
You're probably used to the 5 frames a minute panning treatment Naruto usually get.

Yeah that Naruto,

tumblr_n5xvz0MjsI1tc0fg0o5_250.gif
iFwy3oJ818mUM.gif

1Nzg9ca.gif

SasukeFall.gif

tumblr_lsmemx2yME1qjzmvio1_250.gif

SakuravsSasori.gif

I expected something like this.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Wait the whole manga is going to end in the next 5 chapters? D:

The Naruto vs Sasuke fight in part 1 was like 7 chapters on its own!

360pages

Really, why is he rushing it? This is one of the few fights that he should take his time on. Seeing everything both characters have learned and apply it to the biggest fight yet. Making it 5 chapters plus a extra long one is kind of cheap.

Why not just do ten chapters? 5-8 for the fight itself and 2-3 for a mini epilogue for the movie. Even then I'd say it was a bit rushy.

Really, why is he rushing it? This is one of the few fights that he should take his time on. Seeing everything both characters have learned and apply it to the biggest fight yet. Making it 5 chapters plus a extra long one is kind of cheap.

Why not just do ten chapters? 5-8 for the fight itself and 2-3 for a mini epilogue for the movie. Even then I'd say it was a bit rushy.
if the anime did the obito/kakashi fight that amazing justice, I'm sure they'll deliver on this so we will have that at least. But yeah we're going to have to see the length of some of these chapters.

brinstar

I forgot Sasuke dropped his sword in the lava during the Kaguya battle. Hope that means he and Naruto will have some hand-to-hand fighting for a bit, I've missed that.

Wait the whole manga is going to end in the next 5 chapters? D:

The Naruto vs Sasuke fight in part 1 was like 7 chapters on its own!

VotE part 1 counting the opening, Sasuke backstory and conclusion was 17 chapters. Counting only the pure fighting chapters it was around 8-9.

Knowing this whole thing ends in 5, the longest case scenario for this fight is if it ends in the final chapter. But we need a proper conclusion for this war, cancellation of IT, aftermath, then the epilogue. So realistically maybe the fight will last 3-4 chapters.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
VotE part 1 counting the opening, Sasuke backstory and conclusion was 17 chapters. Counting only the pure fighting chapters it was around 8-9.

Knowing this whole thing ends in 5, the longest case scenario for this fight is if it ends in the final chapter. But we need a proper conclusion for this war, cancellation of IT, aftermath, then the epilogue. So realistically maybe the fight will last 3-4 chapters.

FFS KISHI.

NOOOOOOOOo

It feels weird knowing that Naruto is coming to an end. It was my first manga and one I grew up reading. It feels like one of those series that can never end. ODA keep the dream alive!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
the calendar duration of the war spanned practically the entirety of the Dragon Ball manga from start through the sparing of Piccolo Jr's life by Goku (or, in anime terms, the entirety of Dragon Ball)

Nov 20, 1984: Chapter 1 of Dragon Ball is released
Oct 10, 1988: Chapter 194 of Dragon Ball is released. (Chapter 195 timeskips 5 years later and begins the Saiyan Saga)
Duration: 1421 days (inclusve)

Nov 10, 2010: Gaara's Speech/Chapter 516 of Naruto is released
Aug 29, 2014: Kaguya's defeat.
Duration: 1389 days (inclusive)

Holy shit @ the fallout of kaguya's defeat, including the farewell with Minato and the other kages, the set up to naruto vs Sasuke, naruto vs sasuke, and releasing the tsukuyomi/fallout/epilogue being not even 10 chapters.

360pages

That...actually kind of irritates me. The war was probably no longer than 3-6 days long in verse yet it took 4 years to get to this point. Though I'd blame more the ten tails battle since that ate up an entire year. It was amazing how much that dragged.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure the naruto vs sasuke fight is 3 chapters and the release and all that plus epilogue is the last 2 chapters

All the Naruto hate makes me sad. It has some genuine heart touching moments to be hated on.
Not much hate going on here, unless you mean the other thread. That's why I haven't posted in it. I just like discussing things with the big fans here where the haterade is kept to a minimum while still criticizing nicely and still enjoying things.

I-hate-u

Not much hate going on here, unless you mean the other thread. That's why I haven't posted in it. I just like discussing things with the big fans here where the haterade is kept to a minimum while still criticizing nicely and still enjoying things.

I see a lot of people stating that they lost interest after the start of the 4th war arc. I am critical of some things in the manga, but its not that bad right? I guess its because its been going on for a long time.

Also, I don't know how, but the anime has been winning my interest as of late, and confirms to me that the arc is differently much more suited for in-motion than manga stills.

All the Naruto hate makes me sad. It has some genuine heart touching moments to be hated on.

It's why I'm so happy we have this exclusive Naruto Manga thread. The main manga thread gets so fucking elitist and smug sometimes, it smothers any possible discussion. Without fail it always turns into a competition of who can shit on Naruto the most. As if it's the only piece of fiction going on this long that has had ups and downs. Despite that, the "haters" keep reading it anyway. Really makes it look like a symptom of 'the cool thing to hate on' syndrome.

For everything that's happened, both good and crazy, it's been one hell of a ride.

Jigolo

Yeah I don't really like to post in the manga or anime super threads. It's just a pile of negativity in there

The anime is definitely upping my appreciation for it. It's just way cooler to see these people dropping bombs and working together to epic music and whatnot.

I think the fact that it has just gone on for so long has worn people out. And now when people are into it, it's rushing to a conclusion lol. LEts just hope the last bit is awesome.

Yeah, but that's mostly because the anime made Obito a cool character. In the manga, we where focused on hating him to notice all the cool things.

The other thread did remind me that Kaguya's appearance was utterly pointless and robbed us of Madara actually being defeated, though. We still don't know what her motivations were, and Black Zetsu just cheapens everything even further. Madara's reach and influence were already past suspension of disbelief ("I corrupted Obito on purpose" was dumb), now you want us to believe Black Zetsu manipulated Madara who manipulated Obito who manipulated Pain who manipulated Akatsuki?

I wouldn't had a problem if Blackzetsu and Kaguya where the same. Like when BZ absorbed the Juubi inside of Madera, she got her real body back. And we see her bad mouthing Obito and being an insufferable bitch. Which would gave her flavor and personality.

I mean it makes sense for Kaguya to listen to black zetsu, since he loves her and he is the one that understand the changes around the shinoby world and the characters she is fighting, but is just boring.

It's why I'm so happy we have this exclusive Naruto Manga thread. The main manga thread gets so fucking elitist and smug sometimes, it smothers any possible discussion. Without fail it always turns into a competition of who can shit on Naruto the most. As if it's the only piece of fiction going on this long that has had ups and downs. Despite that, the "haters" keep reading it anyway. Really makes it look like a symptom of 'the cool thing to hate on' syndrome.

For everything that's happened, both good and crazy, it's been one hell of a ride.
It's generally like that too across the interwebs. If you mention Naruto, you automatically awaken the hate train. Some even question your intelligence, suggesting that Naruto is for those taht are not very intelligent. I honestly don't even find it that bad. Perhaps it's my bias but I generally don't agree with some of the faults pinned against it.
The other thread did remind me that Kaguya's appearance was utterly pointless and robbed us of Madara actually being defeated, though. We still don't know what her motivations were, and Black Zetsu just cheapens everything even further. Madara's reach and influence were already past suspension of disbelief ("I corrupted Obito on purpose" was dumb), now you want us to believe Black Zetsu manipulated Madara who manipulated Obito who manipulated Pain who manipulated Akatsuki?
The akatsuki who manipulated Sasuke, who manipulated Karin, who manipulated unknown character #53.

Ponn

Banned
I forgot Sasuke dropped his sword in the lava during the Kaguya battle. Hope that means he and Naruto will have some hand-to-hand fighting for a bit, I've missed that.

Orochimaru taught him some techniques so he has a hidden sword he had swallowed this whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom