• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ending soon guys.

JafWtWI.jpg

You just reminded me Oro is chilling with everyone else. I wonder what's going to happen to him after all of this? He's the only "villain" still alive
I could see him becoming a good guy. Especially if Naruto and Sasuke remain around to keep him in check. I'm sure Sasuke has no qualms with killing him again if need be. Maybe he will become Hokage.

Zeroth

You just reminded me Oro is chilling with everyone else. I wonder what's going to happen to him after all of this? He's the only "villain" still alive

I'm not sure if he's truly alive, at least in a permanent sense. It's kinda weird a piece of his "soul" can walk around like the original Orochimaru who's sealed away.

The more I think about it, I see more and more clues toward Part 3. We haven't heard from the sage's brother or the reason Kaguya wanted a Zetsu army.

Yeah I don't really like to post in the manga or anime super threads. It's just a pile of negativity in there

It's why I'm so happy we have this exclusive Naruto Manga thread. The main manga thread gets so fucking elitist and smug sometimes, it smothers any possible discussion. Without fail it always turns into a competition of who can shit on Naruto the most. As if it's the only piece of fiction going on this long that has had ups and downs. Despite that, the "haters" keep reading it anyway. Really makes it look like a symptom of 'the cool thing to hate on' syndrome.

For everything that's happened, both good and crazy, it's been one hell of a ride.

I see a lot of people stating that they lost interest after the start of the 4th war arc. I am critical of some things in the manga, but its not that bad right? I guess its because its been going on for a long time.

Also, I don't know how, but the anime has been winning my interest as of late, and confirms to me that the arc is differently much more suited for in-motion than manga stills.

Not much hate going on here, unless you mean the other thread. That's why I haven't posted in it. I just like discussing things with the big fans here where the haterade is kept to a minimum while still criticizing nicely and still enjoying things.

If you guys want some Naruto hate injected into this thread I'll be happy to oblige :)

Pein

Banned
My only regret is that we didn't have a Naruto manga thread sooner. I thought with the anime thread being dead and the manga OT constant bashing there was little to no naruto fandom here on neogaf.

My only regret is that we didn't have a Naruto manga thread sooner. I thought with the anime thread being dead and the manga OT constant bashing there was little to no naruto fandom here on neogaf.
We'll still have it for all of part 3 so it should be great.

Radian8

No, as this thread has proven there is a great deal of love for Naruto :)

I'm thinking now that Naruto will soundly beat Sasuke, 5 chapters isn't a lot for a fight. And it most likely will only go for 2-3 max.

I'm on the opposite, I'm glad I experienced the ending with GAF. The other board I used to visit was getting intolerable. And the manga thread is full of perverts.

One can hope :p
I would love it if it was a serious time jump, like say 15 years.
I don't know if I'd want THAT far. I think a 5-8 year jump would be cool. 10 max. Hell even a small one like the movie is good enough for me.

There's just so much I want to see, so many things to play with once this war is over. Will be a shame if it never gets done.

Ponn

Banned
I don't know if I'd want THAT far. I think a 5-8 year jump would be cool. 10 max. Hell even a small one like the movie is good enough for me.

There's just so much I want to see, so many things to play with once this war is over. Will be a shame if it never gets done.

Thats enough time for Shikimaru, Ino, Choji and Sai to have been killed off panel.

I'm not sure if he's truly alive, at least in a permanent sense. It's kinda weird a piece of his "soul" can walk around like the original Orochimaru who's sealed away.

The more I think about it, I see more and more clues toward Part 3. We haven't heard from the sage's brother or the reason Kaguya wanted a Zetsu army.

She lived in an era of wars, so it makes sense that she would want an army. And people back then couldn't use chakra so her Zetsu army probably easily curbstomped all challengers.

I think what makes it confusing is that she used Mugen Tsukuyomi on some humans to create her army. There's nothing really to suggest that she used it on everyone the way that Madara and Obito tried to.

She lived in an era of wars, so it makes sense that she would want an army. And people back then couldn't use chakra so her Zetsu army probably easily curbstomped all challengers.

I think what makes it confusing is that she used Mugen Tsukuyomi on some humans to create her army. There's nothing really to suggest that she used it on everyone the way that Madara and Obito tried to.

The key is that there wasn't a moon back when she first used IT, so yeah it wouldn't be possible for her to use it on the entire planet like Madara.

Erigu

Last chapter is reportedly 37+ pages plus some bonus content.
That's not what it says.

And according to takl (translator) from NF, basically chapters will be longer by 2 pages and then we get the final chapter and an extra.
It does say something about 2 extra pages (per episode?), but I'm not seeing anything else.

Why not just do ten chapters? 5-8 for the fight itself and 2-3 for a mini epilogue for the movie.
Because volumes contain a certain number of pages. Like that assistant said, if they made it longer, they'd need to make it 10 or 11 episodes longer. I guess they thought that would be too much.

Sai

I forgot Sasuke dropped his sword in the lava during the Kaguya battle. Hope that means he and Naruto will have some hand-to-hand fighting for a bit, I've missed that.
He actually lost his sword a while before that, when he used his Rinnegan technique to swap his position with it. After Madara pulled it out from his chest, Sasuke never bothered to recover it.

What fell into the lava was just its sheath.

Such a useless accessory. For a Kusanagi no Tsurugi, there was nothing special about it beyond it's durability, and Sasuke's lost it in just about every fight he's been in—even had it used against him a number of times!

I swear to Ninja Jesus, if Kishimoto doesn't give Orochimaru a satisfying conclusion of some sort, I will be supremely upset. He hasn't been done justice in so long with Kishimoto's trolling. I mean, shit, I don't even need him to be the true final villain or anything anymore. Just...don't let him fizzle out. He had so much potential.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What are we going to do after the 14th? Reminisce about how good part 1 was? Post fanart? Talk about the anime (even though there's a thread for that)?

Hmmm...guess i haven't been in other threads long enough, but I've had good discussions about Naruto and One Piece with people here. Naruto's hate is mostly justified though, even if a tad over spoken. Kishi simply dumbed down the story in too many ways and makes certain plot points unbelievable on top of tarnishing certain characters. Makes it hard to go back and re-read things once they've been "undone".

Still Naruto has the best touching moments in all of manga IMO. When he meets his mother, I think I cried after she faded away.

One Piece i feel is more consistent, but the build-ups can get kinda slow at times and if the humor isn't clicking, it can get quite boring. pros and cons to everything I guess. I did like Sword Art Online though, short and sweet.

I don't think for a second Naruto is ending personally...

Frog-fu

Banned
Saw this on tumblr. Cried like a bitch.
Code:
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/60396306e1cdbf160fceffc7bc3db077/tumblr_nd15kjGIlm1sqm9w4o2_1280.jpg[/IMG]

KingDAVIN

Neo Member
Hmmm...guess i haven't been in other threads long enough, but I've had good discussions about Naruto and One Piece with people here. Naruto's hate is mostly justified though, even if a tad over spoken. Kishi simply dumbed down the story in too many ways and makes certain plot points unbelievable on top of tarnishing certain characters. Makes it hard to go back and re-read things once they've been "undone".

Still Naruto has the best touching moments in all of manga IMO. When he meets his mother, I think I cried after she faded away.

One Piece i feel is more consistent, but the build-ups can get kinda slow at times and if the humor isn't clicking, it can get quite boring. pros and cons to everything I guess. I did like Sword Art Online though, short and sweet.

For me it was after pain was defeated and there was that montage of how the village's opinion about naruto changed over years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTtn6sXnOJ0

Him meeting his mother and that scene with him and iruka after jiraya's death are just behind that moment for me.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Is the anime following 1:1 progress with the manga? When are we looking to arrive to the end of the anime?

The anime is 50 chapters behind the manga at the moment and it's usually 2-3 chapters per episode so the anime has a minimum of 16 weeks left assuming the manga stopped today and they do 3 chapters per episode with no fillers.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member

Personally I think One Piece is good when Oda focuses on Luffy (Impel Down and Marineford) he tends to drift and get distracted else.

I've read One Piece for a few years but I've never really felt "excited" when a new chapter is coming out unlike Naruto.

Raxious

So apparently we're also gonna get the next chapter tomorrow.

My expectations:

- 2 chapters spend on fighting ( basically Naruto kicking Sasuke's ass. )
- 1 chapter of Naruto using TNJ to have Sasuke be nice again.
- 1 chapter everyone released from the tree.
- 1 chapter where we're gonna see the beginning of the 3 year time skip, Kakashi being named Hokage ( of course Naruto taunting him he'll be challenging him soon for the title ), and we'll find out that Sasuke has been roaming the world. Also, everyone is gonna forget that Orochimaru ever attacked Konoha and is responsible for the death of the Third so he's just doing random stuff in Konoha.

It's not exactly 1:1 but it's not terribly far off. Why aren't you watching it! It's great.

Oh believe me, I'm watching lol.

Just not keeping track of how much of a chapter gets covered in one episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daPo6q4FXDw

Fuck me.

I'm getting goddamn emotional

If this isn't played in the final episode CRIMINAL

CRIMINAL I say

I'm kind of bummed Part 2's OST just trashed everyone's themes from Part 1. I can't even recall anyone's particular themes from Part 2 except for maybe Sasuke's. Then again, I haven't watched most of Part 2 in anime form except for the big events and the war arc, so maybe I'm wrong.

The real sad moment for me was Jiraya sinking into the deep sea while making peace with himself. Jiraya was the best character imho and thank god he didn't come back as a zombie.
Btw, is Sasuke's "that jutsu" still a thing?

Allegrian

Banned
The other thread did remind me that Kaguya's appearance was utterly pointless and robbed us of Madara actually being defeated, though. We still don't know what her motivations were, and Black Zetsu just cheapens everything even further. Madara's reach and influence were already past suspension of disbelief ("I corrupted Obito on purpose" was dumb), now you want us to believe Black Zetsu manipulated Madara who manipulated Obito who manipulated Pain who manipulated Akatsuki?
And then you remember what a great villain Sasori was, his backstory, his epic fight and defeat... and it all happenned in less than 10 chapters. We've had like 1~2 years of Obito, and his backstory/character wasn't that good.

Jigolo

Saw this on tumblr. Cried like a bitch.
Code:
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/60396306e1cdbf160fceffc7bc3db077/tumblr_nd15kjGIlm1sqm9w4o2_1280.jpg[/IMG]
Fuck this is literally me. 21 now started watching when I was about 9 and I'm graduating college in 2 semesters. Naruto isn't my favorite but it is a huge portion of my life.

6eQniLL.jpg

I started Naruto quite late, I was already 17. Still it got me hooked and never let me go, I only started reading the manga/watching the anime 6 years or so ago, but doing tat every year and is just a part of my life. I'm sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom