• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apath

But then he would be repeating Hashirama's "mistake". If anything, Naruto should curb-stomp Sasuke, and then voluntarily offer him the Hokage position, as long as he doesn't kill anyone.
Hashirama's only mistake was not actually killing Madara.

ninjas really need to get into cremation, all this zombie business, taking dead peoples eyes, and Madara surviving could have been avoided.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Guys what ever happened to Anko...or whatever her name was. The chuck who looked like she was wearing chainmaille

She was knocked out. Sasuke used her curse seal to revive orochimaru. And then she probably got tree-mummified like everyone else.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I cant remember but did something ever happened with these

3WAQkMD.png

Apath

ninjas really need to get into cremation, all this zombie business, taking dead peoples eyes, and Madara surviving could have been avoided.
After everything we've seen throughout the series, could you imagine Hashirama seeing Madara--one of the most powerful ninjas to ever exist--with a single sword through his stomach and going "Yep, he is for sure dead."

Zeroth

Would be interesting story-wise if after the war and people seeing how edo tenseis are, there's a cultural shift to cremate bodies and stuff to prevent it from happening again. But that would be 2deep for Naruto.

Apath

Would be interesting story-wise if after the war and people seeing how edo tenseis are, there's a cultural shift to cremate bodies and stuff to prevent it from happening again. But that would be 2deep for Naruto.
Or villages enacting a strategy to keep DNA of every ninja in their village and that they come across to one day resurrect them as needed for information or as soldiers.

smurfx

get some go again
what must shikamaru do to get naruto senpai to notice him? friends since childhood and even risked his life to get sasuke back after he ran away with the enemy. yet sasuke is my only friend in the world.

This chapter made it really apparent how messed up the scaling is. One minute Naruto is about the size of Kurama opening his mouth, the next he's the size of his pupil.

wmlk

can we do a thread title change? the war is over now.

The sealing items really did throw off everyone, Kishimoto emphasized the crap out of them.

one of the best shippuden endings, my favorites always gonna be this one though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGh0TIyo3zU

Damn...DAMN.

What could have been. That was heartwarming. I really dislike how the characters from Part 1 were ignored in Shippuden.

Did Kishimoto ever release this chapter? Seems like he drew it just for this ending.

The ideal that Naruto and Sasuke are 'best friends' is so much horseshit. Naruto is closer to Lee, Sakura and Shikamaru then he ever was to Sasuke. The ideal is even more prosperous if your watching the Anime series.

I'm a little disappointed but that's because the manga is ending. Freaking Sasuke lame ass warp jutsu, blitzing Naruto?..that's some bullshit

Naruto needs to step his game up. Sasuke had him on the defense there.

CVfJ74U.jpg

I can't believe they had time for a bro-fist mid battle

it was a punch ....that caused a tsunami

LOL some Sasuke fanboys crying that Sasuke got nerfed because he didn't used Amateratsu.

Ameratsu is too OP and ends a fight way too quickly.

The ideal that Naruto and Sasuke are 'best friends' is so much horseshit. Naruto is closer to Lee, Sakura and Shikamaru then he ever was to Sasuke. The ideal is even more prosperous if your watching the Anime series.

I think the premise rides more on friendship through rivalry and camaraderie than anything. The land of waves arc demonstrates this best when they come up with their attack against Zabuza without exchanging words, going on to train in the woods, and the final battle with Zabuza. Similarly without words, their glance at each other as schoolmates communicates the pain they shared being left alone, without family. A great early example is when Sasuke stands up for Naruto in the face of Sakura's bitching about him.

I'm a little disappointed but that's because the manga is ending. Freaking Sasuke lame ass warp jutsu, blitzing Naruto?..that's some bullshit

Told y'all Swagske aka The Sauce™ aka The Great One who will reform and unite the ninja world was holding something back.

Now he's about to cut loose and wreck some shit.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Loved this ending so much since it had more action then most of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tGmAoelDkE
The anime gave a lot of love to Team Gai. One of the things it did decidedly right. Also, Lee looks great in his Chinese style clothing - wish he graduated from his jumpsuit in part 2...

Also, about part 1 characters getting shafted in part 2... I used to be wholly on board that bandwagon. You know, that Kishi introduced them and then dropped the ball, focusing too much on Naruto and Sasuke... but the series was never really about the others. Part 2 introduced new characters because it was moving forward with the story. While Lee, Neji and Tenten did relatively little, Gai did a lot whereas he did basically nothing in part 1. Part 1 characters shined in part 1, part 2 characters shined in part 2. Also, Team Asuma had an entire arc where they were the main characters. It's much, much better in this regard than, say, Dragonball, where only Goku and sometimes Vegeta were able to do anything, even when other people were around, or Yu Yu Hakusho, which only has four main characters, etc. Basically what I'm saying is that I've come to appreciate the focalization choices Kishi made a lot more, recently.

I-hate-u

^Yep, if you think about it:

Kazekage arc featured Team Gai
Hidan and Kakuzu arc featured Team Asuma
Sasuke retreive arc featured Team Kurenai

In addition, Shikamaru, Hinata, and Chouji got dedicated manga chapters for their development. So, good job Kishi.

Frog-fu

Banned
Nagato fought the entire fucking leaf village by himself and destroyed it with 1 attack. Kabuto was curb stomping Itachi and controlling hundreds of edotensaI at once. I just don't see Sasuke being a threat to an entire mobilized nation or nations engaging him all at once. The ninjas I listed are.
Hell, Nagato was a cripple

Nagato operated six immortal bodies and pretty much nuked the village when they didn't see it coming. Sasuke is less suited for fighting an entire village, but Perfect Susanoo can take out entire mountain ranges, so in terms of collateral damage, he can easily match if not outright eclipse Nagato.

Also, no, lol, Kabuto was nowhere near curb stomping Itachi. He had everything going for him that fight and Itachi still remained in total control. He had Kabuto figured out completely and spared him in the end because he took pity on him.

People thinking Hinata pregnant in The LAST.

Kishi be like
Masashi-Kishimoto.png

RTN was also hyped up by NaruHina fans as being very pro NH, but it turned out to be the complete opposite.

so, supposedly this is the plot summary for the movie

THE LAST - Story

The moon is strangely drawing nearer! At this rate, the moon will collapse - turning into meteorites and pouring incessantly to the ground! This is the start of the countdown for the last day on Earth! Will Naruto be able to overcome this crisis!?

Speaking of the moon falling apart into meteorites.... This could be a great chance to showcase everybody's growth via attacking the falling rubble

Plus I am guessing some creature/Boss comes out of this where Naruto has to fight this guy alone... Only to find out that Hermit Sasuke (that has been living alone) is there to help... He later leaves before anyone else (ahem Sakura) sees him

• So I can see a comedy reunion time in the first half

• Moon falling in the second half

• Sasuke and Naruto team up in the end

Plus Kakashi is likely the Hokage (Since Naruto was away somewhere like the end of part 1)

And that the scarf he is wearing is likely given to him by Hinata as some promise to stay alive

I think the premise rides more on friendship through rivalry and camaraderie than anything. The land of waves arc demonstrates this best when they come up with their attack against Zabuza without exchanging words, going on to train in the woods, and the final battle with Zabuza. Similarly without words, their glance at each other as schoolmates communicates the pain they shared being left alone, without family. A great early example is when Sasuke stands up for Naruto in the face of Sakura's bitching about him.
Yeah this is right. They share a special bond basically the obviously doesn't reflect itself outwardly much considering how much time they spend apart but when they're together it always shows. They got bro feelings for one another. Even when sasuke was denying it so strongly you can tell it was getting him riled up.

I'm so hyped for the movie. I better get subbed asap. Ain't got no times.

Heroman

Banned

Dont know why Kishi keeps on telling us that they are best friend. Especially when consider that they really haven't spent that much time together compared to other mangas best friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom