• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amaterasu does suck though, Sasuke gets embarrased every time he uses it against a competent opponent.

Bee tricks him and makes Sasuke look like a fool when he brings Obito a fake.

Raikage wasn't having any of that nonsense and chops the taste of his mouth.

Juubi just lols and removes it.

At that rate Naruto probably would've thrown amaterasu right back at him somehow.

Amaterasu does suck though, Sasuke gets embarrased every time he uses it against a competent opponent.

At that rate Naruto probably would've thrown amaterasu right back at him somehow.

woah thats one heck of a revision lol

Amaterasu made bee rethink his chances in the battle and run away.
Amaterasu caused Raikage to lose his arm and if Gaara wasn't there probably both his legs as well.
The juubi simply removed the parts of itself that were on fire.

Honestly its OP in the sense that all you have to do is look at the target.

Sai

B intended to kill Sasuke and the rest of Taka until he and the Hachibi were lit up by Enton.

A sacrificed his arm just to get that single hit in.

The former example is a particularly good show of how inconsistent Enton's portrayal can be. For all the flack it gets for not burning things quick enough, it ate through B's Bijū Mode pretty hastily; and it was not something he took lightly at the time.

Even had the Jūbi making a lot of noise until it partitioned the part of its body that was aflame. Had Naruto and Sasuke struck it with an attack more like the second combination they used, in which their chakra output was matched via Kagutsuchi, it wouldn't have been so easily dismissed.

Amaterasu caused Raikage to lose his arm and if Gaara wasn't there probably both his legs as well.
It's funny looking back on this, as before more readers began to better understand what it meant for Amaterasu's black flames to have Keitai Henka applied to them, people were exclaiming en masse how dead Sasuke would have been without Gaara's interference.

That exchange was to A's disadvantage, he would've lost his leg at least with little to no gain.

And that it can't be extinguished.

Come on, bro. No need to try and rewrite how OP Ama is. Shit's crazy OP and with Sawgske on that EMS trip, he's unstoppable.

woah thats one heck of a revision lol

Amaterasu made bee rethink his chances in the battle and run away.
The juubi simply removed the parts of itself that were on fire.

B intended to kill Sasuke and the rest of Taka until he the Hachibi was lit up by Enton.

The former example is a particularly good show of how inconsistent Enton's portrayal can be. For all the flack it gets for not burning things quick enough, it ate through B's Bijū Mode pretty hastily; and it was not something he took lightly at the time.

Even had the Jūbi making a lot of noise until it partitioned the part of it's body that was aflame. Had Naruto and Sasuke struck it with an attack more like the second combination they used, in which their chakra output was matched via Kagutsuchi, it wouldn't have been so easily dismissed.

Yes and yes.

It's probably one of the most powerful and all encompassing powers we've seen so far.

Sai

You're not helping. :I

Anyways, all this talk about Enton is making me sad that we didn't get to see it used through "perfect" Susanoō. Its attacks could've been like the antithesis to Hashirama's Shin Sūsenju. :(

Instead... Kakashi, through a "perfect" Susanoō he shouldn't have been able to use in the first place, uses Kamui-imbued shurikens fashioned after the Tomoe Seal of Obito's Mangekyō Sharingan... And Sasuke just whips out a standard Chidori through his.

* Sai pouts.

Fire jutsus in general have terrible track records, not even Madara can save those terrible techniques.

Don't be in denial friends, if Sasuke tried to use Amaterasu on Naruto he would have caught it with a chakra hand and punched Sasuke with it. The laws of Naruto forbid any fire techniques from actually doing shit, you all know it to be true.

Sai

More because they've never actually been allowed to make contact, for whatever reason. The anime makes them seem worse than they actually are, with characters just plunging straight through them, but nobody's actually taken a direct hit from a Katon and come out unscathed in the manga. Otherwise, there's been odd defenses and regenerative abilities at work.

By the way, the "Fan Book" that was earlier announced seems to be, in fact, the fourth Data Book:

takL said:
initially they called it an official fan book but now it seems to be a new data book.
eynwb7v.jpg

Feel bad for Sasuke getting a shitty MS power he'll never be able hit anyone with, Sasuke must be kicking himself that he didn't get Kamui, now that jutsu is money I tell ya.

Here's another edition of Amaterasu sucks:
Can't even burn through Karin
Raikage dodges this "instant" technique
Fodder ass Samurai armor protected them
Oro trolls it with his horcrux
Did he use it against Kaguya, I don't remember? I know he did on that ice but I mean Kaguya herself. Well whatever it failed if he did.

Thank you everyone, I'll be here all week.

Sai

Karin wasn't in contact with the Enton long enough for it to leave any meaningful damage before Sasuke extinguished it with Kagutsuchi.

Even Sasuke avoided Itachi's focal point for a time. Doesn't change the fact that the number of Shinobi that actually possess the reflexes and speed to outright dodge Amaterasu can be counted on one hand.

Samurai's case is similar to Karin's, but was still left incapacitated after the fact.

Dunno what you mean with Orochimaru. Amaterasu was never used against him. Though, he could have made use of a tactic similar to the one Sasuke employed with his unique Kawarimi no Jutsu.

Kaguya absorbs chakra. As did Madara, who was also struck with Amaterasu.

Karin wasn't in contact with the Enton long enough for it to leave any meaningful damage before Sasuke extinguished it with Kagutsuchi.

Even Sasuke avoided Itachi's focal point for a time. Doesn't change the fact that the number of Shinobi that actually possess the reflexes and speed to outright dodge Amaterasu can be counted on one hand.

Samurai's case is similar to Karin's, but was still left incapacitated after the fact.

Dunno what you mean with Orochimaru. Amaterasu was never used against him. Though, he could have made use of a tactic similar to the one Sasuke employed with his unique Kawarimi no Jutsu.

Kaguya absorbs chakra. As did Madara, who was also struck with Amaterasu.

My good friend you really need to stop taking my posts so seriously and just roll with it.

As for Oro I'm talking about the snake that got burned after Itachi sealed him away

Sai

From what I've seen, it's a hell of a lot better than both fan translations.
They're certainly more consistent, but they're not perfect.

I don't think it's entirely safe to look to them as having the final say in the matter. Cross-referencing all available translations has worked out better for me than simply relying on one.

Frog-fu

Banned
Plenty of awesome fanart going about today on tumblr since it's Naruto's supposed birthday. Will post some in a bit.

Also, Naruto is confirmed to be 180cm tall in The Last.
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/6d2292741e88534b2041488dce47bf63/tumblr_nd89zuuY4V1ryce57o1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Translations from tumblr:
Naruto’s side text: "Naruto is 180cm tall in the movie. His tender smile and his facial expression have impressively grown up."

Sakura’s side text: ""Her hairdo had undergone some changes, her facial expression is more tender. Her height is slightly increased up to 165cm."

NaruSaku shippers goin' a little crazy over the fact Naruto and Sakura are at the same height as Minato and Kushina.
497319835.gif

Frog-fu

Banned
It more to cling on then hight comparisons thats for sure
but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg

The height comparison is one of the more desperate "parallels" (if you can even all it that, it's more like a funny coincidence) but I think NaruSaku shippers have a lot less to worry about now it seems that SasuSaku is dead and promotional artwork/news for The Last seems to indicate NaruSaku.

For example, in a trailer that aired for the film in Japan, the narrator alluded something along the lines of Sakura becoming more womanly for Naruto's sake or some shit like that.
random tumblr post said:
Narrator: 美人はそう This beautiful woman is Sakura uh…
Narrator: 女性らしさが増したサクラに きっとナルトは…。 -> should be basically “Surely Naruto is….. for Sakura which her womanhood has increased”

Apparently one of the composers for the film teased NaruSaku shippers that they would be happy with The Last, but don't quote me on that one.

Also, something I've noticed has become a bit more prevalent in use, is the spinoff series that was co-written by Kishimoto and another writer. It's supposedly one of Jiraiya's stories. It came out in 2010, but it seems to fairly close to what's happening now. There's the main guy Naruto, his love interest Tsuyu (Sakura), his rival Renge (Sasuke), and his teacher Shu (Kakashi). There's another girl featured in it called Shima (Hinata) that's interested in the protagonist (who, I hear, is also described as having big breasts, so go figure, amirite?). Anyway, at some point Tsuyu realises that it's Naruto she wants to be with when her sensei, Shu, tells her to try and imagine being happy.

It's a fairly interesting read, and you can find translations here.

The height comparison is one of the more desperate "parallels" (if you can even all it that, it's more like a funny coincidence) but I think NaruSaku shippers have a lot less to worry about now it seems that SasuSaku is dead and promotional artwork/news for The Last seems to indicate NaruSaku.

For example, in a trailer that aired for the film in Japan, the narrator alluded something along the lines of Sakura becoming more womanly for Naruto's sake or some shit like that.

Apparently one of the composers for the film teased NaruSaku shippers that they would be happy with The Last, but don't quote me on that one.
I dunno the promotional art seems to be leaning towards Naruhina more with the scarf and Hinata looking to have a big part in the next movie.

Frog-fu

Banned
I dunno the promotional art seems to be leaning towards Naruhina more with the scarf and Hinata looking to have a big part in the next movie.

I think it's only NaruHina shippers that are making a big deal out of the scarf. I'm just going to let that be. The last time they thought they were right about a Naruto film, they hailed RTN as a pro NaruHina film. Then the film came out and it was pretty much Naruto and Sakura together the entire time with a complete redo of Minato (Naruto) saving Kushina (Sakura). Kushina even encouraged Naruto to make a move on Sakura in the movie.

I'mma wait and see how this plays out.

I think it's only NaruHina shippers that are making a big deal out of the scarf. I'm just going to let that be. The last time they thought they were right about Naruto film, they hailed RTN is a pro NaruHina film. Then the film came out and it was pretty much Naruto and Sakura together the entire time with a complete redo of Minato (Naruto) saving Kushina (Sakura). Kushina even encouraged Naruto to make a move on Sakura in the movie.

I'mma wait and see how this plays out.
Then again the people who made the trailers made it out to be more focused on the Alt konoha gang. Also that movie was a pile of dog shit and was legit the worst anime movie, and maybe the worst movie in general, I had ever seen. It made me fall asleep.
Plus sakura was a pretty horrible person in that movie so its not something to be too happy about.
While this new movie seems to have Hinata as a major character and isnt featured prominently on the ad as part of the gimmick of the movie like the last one. Also the picture that was originally thought to be someone pregnant, looking at it better it looks like someone, with long hair mind you, holding some sort of long fabric, which could more than likely be the scarf Naruto is wearing.

Frog-fu

Banned
Then again the people who made the trailers made it out to be more focused on the Alt konoha gang. Also that movie was a pile of dog shit and was legit the worst anime movie, and maybe the worst movie in general, I had ever seen. It made me fall asleep.
Plus sakura was a pretty horrible person in that movie so its not something to be too happy about.
While this new movie seems to have Hinata as a major character and isnt featured prominently on the ad as part of the gimmick of the movie like the last one. Also the picture that was originally thought to be someone pregnant, looking at it better it looks like someone, with long hair mind you, holding some sort of long fabric, which could more than likely be the scarf Naruto is wearing.

What even makes you think Hinata is going to be a major character in this film? Hinata is a popular character but she has never had that much relevance in the manga.

Even if she is the one to give Naruto his scarf, that doesn't mean anything without context. Hell, one could say Hinata looks sad in the promotional artwork, maybe was rejected by Naruto? There is really no telling, so whatever NH fans claim, it won't bother me until I can actually see the film.

What even makes you think Hinata is going to be a major character in this film?
Cause shes featured in art along with the most important characters in the Naruto franchise and is in a unique pose from the other people in the poster. I dunno what else more has to be done to make her important, she is with Team 7 and shikamaru, the most important characters in the Naruto franchise!!

Couldn't that scarf be there because this is coming out in winter and a couple of weeks before xmas? :lmao Shippers really are going all out with this movie and we don't even have proper marketing materials unlike with RtN lol

ehh, sounds like a stretch. If I had to guess it's more "Surely Naruto must be delighted/ecstatic/happy/aroused/whatever that Sakura's womanhood has increased". For all we know she's still his love interest, so of course if she gets prettier he's going to react to it.

Maybe this is what I read on NF. I think it was the composer said on FB there will be great romance in the Last, but they didn't specify any pairings.

But I don't know anymore, what to trust etc. People are going nuts lol

Frog-fu

Banned
Cause shes featured in art along with the most important characters in the Naruto franchise and is in a unique pose from the other people in the poster. I dunno what else more has to be done to make her important, she is with Team 7 and shikamaru, the most important characters in the Naruto franchise!!

Shikamaru and Sai are not major or hugely important characters, and they're featured, so what does that tell you, that they will also be that much more important now?

Couldn't that scarf be there because this is coming out in winter and a couple of weeks before xmas? :lmao Shippers really are going all out with this movie and we don't even have proper marketing materials unlike with RtN lol

ehh, sounds like a stretch. If I had to guess it's more "Surely Naruto must be delighted/ecstatic/happy/aroused/whatever that Sakura's womanhood has increased". For all we know she's still his love interest, so of course if she gets prettier he's going to react to it.

Maybe this is what I read on NF. I think it was the composer said on FB there will be great romance in the Last, but they didn't specify any pairings.

But I don't know anymore, what to trust etc. People are going nuts lol

We may very well never see the scarf again, true.

Doesn't sound like a stretch to me, but then again, I'm biased.

No, it was specifically about NaruSaku.

Shikamaru is going to be Naruto's advisor eventually and he's pretty popular character. Hinata is also pretty popular, just like her pairing. So, if they don't have any major role it makes sense to put them there based on their popularity and to make the fandoms more interested. I'm not going to role out that they might have a major role this movie though. Now Sai is a bit more interesting. He didn't make it the last popularity poll and he certainly hasn't got a prominent role in the manga for a while now except of being the surrogate for Sasuke and stirring up the pairing fandoms years ago lol

edit: oh god, take this with a grain of salt. From NF

Bzli_4rCIAA_ay6.jpg:medium

the big caption (in white letters) says "the last story is, the first love."

Oh geez

Are we sure that's real/not shopped? The other shots of that poster I've seen don't have that text

Zeroth

Sai, explain why Naruto only has 3 Truth-Seeking balls at the start of the fight and if his 3 balls were destroyed by simple Susanoo arrows.

Sai

Naruto only had two Gudōdama left upon the conclusion of the battle with Kaguya. Seems to take a while for them to regenerate.

[EDIT] - Scratch that. Naruto's last two Gudōdama were during their successful attempt to seal Kaguya.

As for the arrows destroying them, I have no idea. Has the power of the arrows themselves risen considerably due to the influence of Rikudō's power? Normally, the Gudōdama would have simply negated them.

Viz ain't perfect either, guys.

By virtue of them being professional translators who aren't rushing to get the fastest scanlations out to their respective sites to get more hits, on top of being free of fandom and bias that tends to want to "spruce up" or "reinterpret" the script, I'll take VIZ as the most trustworthy at the moment.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kakashi has looked the exact same for his entire life. Talk about rules and regulations.

from NF again:

ANYWAY tkROUT pointed out that the movie credits are down in the corner of that poster. Here's the order the characters are listed in in the cast list, since that usually indicates which characters will be important: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Sai, Hinata, Kakashi, Sasuke

Pein

Banned
So happy naruto cut down on the orange and he looks so dope with that scarf. Sasuke looks weird with the mismatch eyes always on it'd look better if he turned them off once in awhile.

Also the most broken technique is shintenshin jutsu, if Ino masters that she could destroy anyone. Except naruto because he has a fleet of monsters inside of him.

Nice to see Sai have a larger part in the movie, I'd envision him becoming leader of the anbu or a foundation type organization.

So does anyone other than me like Sai quite a bit? I like his story. Tough life! And I like his personality, makes me giggle and he's a true bro.

Naruto is such a boss rocking that scarf. I didn't realize kakashi was rocking black, slickkkkk. Sasuke looks bomb too. Hinata looks purrdy. Really liking all the designs.

Damn, I've got some child-like hype for all this shit going down. This final battle, The Last... can't contain excitement, I need it now. How likely is it that we'll at least get The Last to screen in select theaters, subbed in the US? Please say likely.

B intended to kill Sasuke and the rest of Taka until he and the Hachibi were lit up by Enton.

Even had the Jūbi making a lot of noise until it partitioned the part of its body that was aflame. Had Naruto and Sasuke struck it with an attack more like the second combination they used, in which their chakra output was matched via Kagutsuchi, it wouldn't have been so easily dismissed.

It's funny looking back on this, as before more readers began to better understand what it meant for Amaterasu's black flames to have Keitai Henka applied to them, people were exclaiming en masse how dead Sasuke would have been without Gaara's interference.

That exchange was to A's disadvantage, he would've lost his leg at least with little to no gain.

And that it can't be extinguished.

Right. Raikage had no guarantee that he was going to kill Sasuke and yet Sasuke would of left him crippled at least. Gaara saved them both.

Fire jutsus in general have terrible track records, not even Madara can save those terrible techniques.

Don't be in denial friends, if Sasuke tried to use Amaterasu on Naruto he would have caught it with a chakra hand and punched Sasuke with it. The laws of Naruto forbid any fire techniques from actually doing shit, you all know it to be true.

Fire jutsu's sure.....Amaterasu no.

Evidently Amaterasu is a deadly technique since it has handicapped some of the strongest Ninja's in the naruto universe. The only one in denial here is you.

It more to cling on then hight comparisons thats for sure
but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg

God damn dat ether.

darknil

I was just thinking on the rythim of the anime and since it's currently on manga chapter 646. I think the anime could have 25 more episodes only, if there are no more fillers.

Also, in the anime they have introduced Kaguya, I hope the anime team does a good job making watchers to identify that character. In the manga it was just blur.

Sorry, Naruhina troops. Hinata looks like she was turned down HARD in that poster. She can't even look at us directly. The sadness in her eyes and expression are as clear as day. Someone who got the man of her dreams would not look that depressed.
I was just thinking on the rythim of the anime and since it's currently on manga chapter 646. I think the anime could have 25 more episodes only, if there are no more fillers.

Also, in the anime they have introduced Kaguya, I hope the anime team does a good job making watchers to identify that character. In the manga it was just blur.
I'm guessing it won't be until next summer that we get to that arc, let alone the final battle? It's gonna take some time for the teams to assemble and animate the Sasuke VS Naruto fight, especially since it's still unfolding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom