• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

MS killed it. the chapter is much better now and I see where youre all coming from. Naruto is strong

I need to read op again

Sai

Only problem with Enton is the pace at which it consumes its targets, which has never been consistent because of how often Kishimoto's used it as more of a plot device rather than a decisive attack.

Doesn't change the fact that it hasn't really been shrugged off by anyone without the ability to absorb, or negate chakra entirely. While Naruto can do the latter with Gudōdama, Enton would still be difficult for him to deal with, especially in his Bijū Mode.

It's precisely because of the way I evaluate the threat of Enton that I don't buy into all the claims of there being this huge gap between Naruto and Sasuke before their meeting with Hagoromo.

Dont know why Kishi keeps on telling us that they are best friend. Especially when consider that they really haven't spent that much time together compared to other mangas best friends.
An interview with Kishimoto from last year that was recently translated touches on how badly he handled this aspect of the story, and how they both come off as pretty crazy.

takl again

is it also old news that the naruto movie facebook says
"the film discloses the blank period not written in the manga (=the time gap in the manga ) "

so, we could still get Hokage Naruto in the manga aka real end, and this and the new era are just in between stuff?

Sai

Huh, so I guess that means we'll probably be seeing a much older Naruto becoming Hokage at the manga's conclusion, or something along those lines. I'd feel much better about that.

Yeah, me too.

also here's that interview Sai mentioned.

excerpt said:
During a chapter, Naruto tells Itachi that Sasuke is like a brother to him. Is that what you were going from the start ?

Kishimoto : I wanted them to be more brothers than blood brothers. I can tell you that is for me the hardest thing to put into words in this story. And still is.
People who actually lived through harsh separations and death of loved ones often write me and tells me they can actually relate to them.
When I am close to someone, I’m scared shitless of one day that bond will be severed. Loneliness does scares me to death.
This may be hard to put into words, but I’ll still try to make my point stand to the readers.

So you think you still didn’t really managed to put into words what is the relation between Naruto and Sasuke ?

Kishimoto : I don’t know. Maybe I didn’t as well as I wanted to, and because of that almost everyone thinks both of them are crazy lunatics.
From on now, everything will depend on how well I can put their relationship into words.

You're talking about both of them, right ?

Kishimoto : Yes. If you want me to talk about their bonds, I created Sasuke as a rival to Naruto who does not see Naruto as a rival at all.
I found it interesting to have Naruto next to someone who couldn't care less about him. As the story advances, Sasuke starts to see, little by little, Naruto as a rival.
But he leaves the village without really aknowledging Naruto.

When he watched Naruto growing up, Sasuke started to grow a very vivid rivalry with someone he barely noticed before.

Kishimoto : After the Valley of the end, the gap gets larger. But when someone who just started to aknowledge you, brutally reject you, you strive for even more aknowledgement.
But Sasuke still doesn't see Naruto as his equal. I think and I hope Naruto will fight to the bitter end until Sasuke sees him as his closest ally.

jstripes

Banned
Already got to the chidori/rasengan clash, damn Kishi really screwed up his planning, having to rush like this. I don't know why he bothered ever introducing that non character Kaguya.

It's up to the anime to do this fight justice.

I feel the whole "well, that escalated quickly" quality of this fight is Kishi admitting that Naruto and Sasuke are both OP as hell at this point, and it would be really difficult to go beyond that. (This isn't Bleach, after all.) So, rather than beating around the bush, the two go full-out against each other to end it once and for all, especially given that there's no ambiguity about them knowing what each other can do, unlike having to figure out some mysterious opponent.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This fight is also unique in that they're just coming off of another huge battle, so the need for a "warm up" is kind of thrown out the window.

^^Good points. Even if we did get a chapter or two of build up tijutsu-ing it wouldn't make any sense. Can't these two summon god-missles and lasers now, why are they wasting time thumb wrestling? The only natural progression is a fight cranked up to 11. Like I mentioned earlier, in a lot of ways Kishi is leaving the fight open for exploitation in the anime. Expect an hour-long final battle for the show's ramp up to the finale.

well that ova was made

it was still images with some voice over

The OVA was made by Studio Pierrot and released with the Naruto: Shippūden DVD 7 in Japan. The OVA is not animated; it is told through a series of still cells, based on the still cells that were used for the second Naruto: Shippūden ending. The story is completely narrated by Sakura Haruno, Ino Yamanaka and Hinata Hyūga, although Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha sometimes say their own dialogue.

Here it is with ENG SUB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1_2AsZQERQ

Pretty annoying narration though :/

Huh, so I guess that means we'll probably be seeing a much older Naruto becoming Hokage at the manga's conclusion, or something along those lines. I'd feel much better about that.
I love the idea of getting more anime that takes place a little further in the future as it goes on or something.

If I can't get my part 3 I'll take that. There's obviously more to this than what it seems though.

brinstar

So whatever happened with the eye in the flower on top of the God Tree? Was Madara lying?

I... guess it would've worked... seeing how Madara wanted it stopped, but there's also the question of why Madara wanted Obito stopped if he was just going to cast the same technique?

Everything involving the God Tree, the Ten Tails and Kaguya is so weird and inconsistent =\

I just want to see Naruto as hokage. The only way I'll accept a part three is if it takes place during that time with him donning the Kage garb. It can be a jump forward fifteen years for all I care, as long as I see it. They can't build this shit up and put it off for the end of a hypothetical part three that wouldn't conclude until another six or seven years. I don't have patience for that, and would possibly drop the series.

jstripes

Banned
Sasuke will probably had to settle to form his own village.

LKrQpxZ.jpg

I just want to see Naruto as hokage. The only way I'll accept a part three is if it takes place during that time with him donning the Kage garb. It can be a jump forward fifteen years for all I care, as long as I see it. They can't build this shit up and put it off for the end of a hypothetical part three that wouldn't conclude until another six or seven years. I don't have patience for that, and would possibly drop the series.
I wouldn't mind a part 3 that leads up to and ends with him becoming hokage.

After re-reading this chapter and sink in on every page, I love it.

Sasuke going on the offensive, Naruto blocking and tanking, the first bump, Naruto and Sasuke finally understanding each other.

Also here's the panel where Sasuke lost the battle

You shouldn't had bumped fist Sasuke, that's how he gets you. Now Sasuke knows what Naruto felt while being alone (and vice versa), he knows what Naruto felt when he severed his bonds (Jiraiya).

Speaking of Jiraiya, he believed that peace would be achieved when people truly understand each other, which is was going to happen in a Naruto Hokage future, when people with differences can bump their fists and understand where the other is coming from.

The manga is ending and I want to cry.

Sasuke going on the offensive, Naruto blocking and tanking, the first bump, Naruto and Sasuke finally understanding each other.

You shouldn't had bumped fist Sasuke, that's how he gets you. Now Sasuke knows what Naruto felt while being alone (and vice versa), he knows what Naruto felt when he severed his bonds (Jiraiya).

Speaking of Jiraiya, he believed that peace would be achieved when people truly understand each other, which is was going to happen in a Naruto Hokage future, when people with differences can bump their fists and understand where the other is coming from.

The anime is going to milk the feels so bad on this. We're gonna get flashbacks to Jiraya dying and flashbacks to Naruto and Sasuke saying that great shinobi can truly understand eachother when they exchange blows and then more flashes of their childhood and rivalry with all this epic tank shit happening.

Gonna love it.

The Viz translation comes out tomorrow right? Manga Stream Translation made both Naruto and Sasuke sound great, but they just make too much shit up sometimes.

I wonder what was that mode that Naruto had at the beginning of his fight against Madera, where only his eyes changed.

I know you quoted the image to make it tiny, but fuck that. It should be full size in all of its glory. Soak that epic clash in.

010-11.png

Easily one of my new favorite drawings in the manga, next to Gate of Death Gai. Imagine this animated.

The Viz translation comes out tomorrow right? Manga Stream Translation made both Naruto and Sasuke sound great, but they just make too much shit up sometimes.

I wonder what was that mode that Naruto had at the beginning of his fight against Madera, where only his eyes changed.

The manga panda and manga stream one are so different that I'm waiting on the official viz translation to clear things up. MS had a much more dry Sasuke than the more friendly understanding MP Sasuke IMO.

If anything I wish we saw MORE team 7 team up. That's mostly why I want a part 3. Things have been so hectic I feel like I haven't seen em together adventuring and stuff in forever.

The True Surprise Ending?!

Naruto and Sasuke both go to prison for destroying one of Konoha's most treasured national monuments. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Naruto can handle an orange jumpsuit well enough, but Sasuke?

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
lmao the amount of fillers the anime is probably going to get is going to get annoying.

I think the premise rides more on friendship through rivalry and camaraderie than anything. The land of waves arc demonstrates this best when they come up with their attack against Zabuza without exchanging words, going on to train in the woods, and the final battle with Zabuza. Similarly without words, their glance at each other as schoolmates communicates the pain they shared being left alone, without family. A great early example is when Sasuke stands up for Naruto in the face of Sakura's bitching about him.

Sasuke used to be such a bro. Why did he stop being such a bro?

Sai

I assumed that was just what his Sennin Mode looked like now.

The manga panda and manga stream one are so different that I'm waiting on the official viz translation to clear things up. MS had a much more dry Sasuke than the more friendly understanding MP Sasuke IMO.
Viz ain't perfect either, guys.

Amateratsu can't even burn toilet paper, let alone damage Naruto "bijou bomb pimp slapper'' Uzumaki.

what an embarrassing post

I know you quoted the image to make it tiny, but fuck that. It should be full size in all of its glory. Soak that epic clash in.

010-11.png

Easily one of my new favorite drawings in the manga, next to Gate of Death Gai. Imagine this animated.

up there with

tumblr_mrkecpPDeH1sqwpxao1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom