• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakashi is a absolutely the best in Naruto. That character exhibited all kinds of hardships and losses (his father, best friend, other friend, his Sensei), yet still walked down the right path. If he was of the true Uchiha blood, he would have been the final villain from all pain he suffered.

He is hilarious, strong, cool, mysterious, has the best fights, an excellent nurturer and has been relevant since the begining of the manga. Love Kishi for not killing him, or making him too weak to contribute.

My man! Kakashi and Gai are my favourite characters. Those guys are true comrades. Naruto and Sasuke should take notes.

RedAssedApe

Banned
jUeNJ4g.jpg

sasuke doing his vincent valentine impression

madara was more vincent!

Also for some reason I had hoped that future Sasuke would have decided to grow his hair straight and down like itachi. That would have been a cool look. Or weird.

There's a couple of manga panels where Kishi forgot to draw Itachi's weird eye lines, he looks... well.

Itachi+Without+Lines+in+his+Face.jpg

Sai

Because his dad had them?
They weren't as pronounced.

Simple answer is that Kishimoto needed something about Itachi's face to stand out, in order to better differentiate him from his brother. Besides that, the ponytail, and the longer eyelashes, they'd look exactly the same.

Since Korra-GAF had a pretty good response to avatar bets with the last season hitting, I thought I might quickly throw something together in case Naruto-GAF was interested in doing it for the end of Naruto. If you quote this post, you'll see a link giving you editing permission for a google document where I've compiled a betting spreadsheet. I just put down the major pairings and hokage bets for now, but I made 6 sample tables for extra bets, and it's fairly easy to copy and paste the format if you want to add your own.

If it's something people respond to, I'll routinely copy over the information from the spreadsheet to this thread. Or you could just post your bets in this thread and I'll add it myself, but less chance of me missing it if it's already in the spreadsheet. My compiled posts would end up looking like Azula's:

Sasuke x Sakura = endgame.

Will Happen:

Sample User - 3 month Avatar change to [description].

Won't Happen:

Test User - 3 Month Avatar change to whatever thread decides.

Naruto x Sakura = endgame.

Will Happen:

Won't Happen:

And so on and so forth.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There's a couple of manga panels where Kishi forgot to draw Itachi's weird eye lines, he looks... well.

Itachi+Without+Lines+in+his+Face.jpg
Itachi/Kisame were the best antagonist team in the series, hands down. Loved those two and the dynamic they had.

Since Korra-GAF had a pretty good response to avatar bets with the last season hitting, I thought I might quickly throw something together in case Naruto-GAF was interested in doing it for the end of Naruto. If you quote this post, you'll see a link giving you editing permission for a google document where I've compiled a betting spreadsheet. I just put down the major pairings and hokage bets for now, but I made 6 sample tables for extra bets, and it's fairly easy to copy and paste the format if you want to add your own.

If it's something people respond to, I'll routinely copy over the information from the spreadsheet to this thread. Or you could just post your bets in this thread and I'll add it myself, but less chance of me missing it if it's already in the spreadsheet. My compiled posts would end up looking like Azula's:

Sasuke x Sakura = endgame.

Will Happen:

Won't Happen:

Naruto x Sakura = endgame.

Will Happen:

Won't Happen:

And so on and so forth.
What if i dont have as much confidence of SasuSaku as I do NaruHina which I know will happen.

What if no pairing happens? Everyone loses?

*Puts on shipping hat*

Shikamaru x Temari is pretty much a lock.
I have a good feeling about Ino x Choji.
Lee x Youth is my OTP. (by youth I mean Ten ten)

As far as the Main ships go.

Naruto x Hinata will happen.
Sakura x No one (Because Sasuke is going the hermit route)
Sasuke x No one (Because he's going to become a hermit and he's an asshole.)

Also a part of me thinks Sasuke dosen't want kids because he wants his eyes to die with him.

Sai

There has been no apparent difference between the Chidori and Raikiri besides their acquisition ranks presented in the first Data Book, and we still don't even know why that difference was made. Higher concentration of chakra? Superior Keitai Henka? Both?... Whatever the case, it's been made apparent that they're the same technique.

Even if Kakashi has finely tuned these aspects of the technique, it has probably only differed in acquisition rank due to the fact that he has granted it an alternate title. Despite advancing his Chidori a number of different ways himself, Sasuke's gone out of his way to correct someone referring to it as Raikiri.

Anyways, since Sasuke's the one using it, you can just say it's a Chidori.

Pein

Banned
But seriously.. where the fuck is Anko?

in Kabuto's cave.

I've wanted Kakashi for hokage since Jiraiya died, it never made sense to have naruto become hokage as a teenager, not when Kakashi is the better all around shinobi everyone already respects.

You could make the case for Gaara being a young kage but suna is a crap village with no other good shinobi.

Sai

I've never wanted Kakashi to be Hokage because he's never had any desire to be one in the first place. He may have been the ideal choice after Danzō's shenanigans, but the dude felt saved by Tsunade waking up moments before the decision was made final.

Obito just teleporting himself back to the realm of the living, granting Kakashi his Mangekyō Sharingan through chakra ghost possession, telling him to become Hokage, and even using Susanoō... That whole chapter pissed me off. :p

brinstar

Kakashi's never came across as Hokage material to me. Sure he's smart and powerful, but he seems like a guy who's content to be a soldier rather than lead the entire village.

360pages

There has been no apparent difference between the Chidori and Raikiri besides their acquisition ranks presented in the first Data Book, and we still don't even know why that difference was made. Higher concentration of chakra? Superior Keitai Henka? Both?... Whatever the case, it's been made apparent that they're the same technique.

Even if Kakashi has finely tuned these aspects of the technique, it has probably only differed in acquisition rank due to the fact that he has granted it an alternate title. Despite advancing his Chidori a number of different ways himself, Sasuke's gone out of his way to correct someone referring to it as Raikiri.

Anyways, since Sasuke's the one using it, you can just say it's a Chidori.

The main difference is that Raikiri is silent, or makes less noise and Chidori is rather loud, one can be used effectively in assassinations. Chidori is just much louder outside of that they are pretty much the same

360pages

He's not. Hokages have become weaker and weaker with each generation and without the Sharingan, Kakashi will no doubt be the worse/weakest Hokage ever.

If he still had his Sharingan he would actually make for a great Hokage, only slightly below Tsuande and the third. Without it though, he is pretty much garbage sadly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kakashi still has all the techniques he copied since he got the sharingan. And he was able to become a jonin at age 12. He is a genius ninja and actually great leader material - just because he can't blow up mountains doesn't make him a bad Hokage. He's the head, the brains, the foundation of the village that everyone can rely on.

Not every kage needs to be like A or Gaara. I'm betting he either

A) Gets a sharingan again, somehow

B) Comes up with some crazy shit

And we will see one of these two things during The Last.

I keep saying it but if his father was such a revered shinobi then why can't kakashi who was a prodigy since being a child not be the same? If His father was held as highly as the sannin or higher, then kakashi has potential to still be a beast ninja.

He didn't lose his knowledge or instincts. He just can't rely on the sharingan and has to re-train. He will never be god tier like Naruto/Sasuke but everyone is garbage compared to them.

Captain Yamato is going to as OP as the first hokage via timeskip

we already saw him use such high class wood techniques when spiral zetsu was controlling him

in Kabuto's cave.

I've wanted Kakashi for hokage since Jiraiya died, it never made sense to have naruto become hokage as a teenager, not when Kakashi is the better all around shinobi everyone already respects.

You could make the case for Gaara being a young kage but suna is a crap village with no other good shinobi.

Kakashi is lazy as fuck and a terrible teacher. I'd have to see how he shapes up after having it out with Obito to know if he'd make a good Hokage. I'd rather tsunade keep it until Naruto is ready.

Sai

The main difference is that Raikiri is silent, or makes less noise and Chidori is rather loud, one can be used effectively in assassinations. Chidori is just much louder outside of that they are pretty much the same
... You must be getting this from some anime or something, because they make the exact same "bachi-chi-chi sound effects in the manga. Chidori was originally designed to be an assassination technique due to its speed and lethality, and nothing's been said about Raikiri being quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom