• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

they never should have said Amateratu is hotter then the sun, they should have just said its a long burning flame that cant be extinguished by conventional means and needs to burn out on its own.

Sai

Well to be fair, if it really was hotter than the sun. Itachi would had pretty much evaporated when he used it point blank on the crow on his shoulder. I believe in the focus theory, in which the caster can control the heath by focusing on it. Which makes sense for Sasuke at least.
The Enton was never actually hotter than the sun, no matter how matter how much of it was ignited upon their focal point. It was just stupid hot, and inextinguishable—that much we've seen.

The past Data Books were full of hyperbole like that, so will the 4th.

I blame the fans for latching onto that exaggerated statement so fiercely, more than the publishing company responsible for printing it.

There's also the unavoidable BS, is way more practical since it cast on the target instead of having to travel from the caster to the target. But that's mostly just people over fanboying. Like how people though Sasuke's arrows where light speed or unavoidable because Danzo couldn't dodge it. But it turns out Sasuke just had good aim.

Sai

It wasn't just because Danzō couldn't dodge them. Even a character as speedy as Kakashi had no choice but to use Kamui to protect himself from them. Only person that's dodged them has been Kabuto, due to his Sennin Mode's extrasensory capabilities.

But yes, calling them unavoidable was silly.

Hmm, I thought I saw a scene where Sand Team try to fight Sasuke in Shippuden, or was that filler I guess?
That was canon; a part of the Kage Summit arc. I thought you meant something with a more prominent role.

Besides the Kage arc she's taken a leading role during the war arc. Commented on Shikamaru possessing a trait suitable for Hokage, after he quelled the anxious Shinobi Alliance with a speech through Ino's technique.

What do you guys think is going to happen next chapter? we already so Sasuke used his rinnegan switcheroo which it supposed to mean, he now needs to recharge (but I'll buy that he kept saying that because he knew he was going to fight Naruto and wanted to trick him ) Will he use new tecniques? If his Susanoo can use all his regular tecniques, that should be cool. Which means we can get a mega version of Kirin.

terrible teacher? he took scrub sasuke and gave him rock lee speed and chidori in a month, he also helped develop rasenshuriken.

He basically ignored his other two students. He knows over a 1000 ninjitu and didn't teach them a damned one. He says Sakura is a genjutsu type then proceeds to not teach her any. And he basically pawns Naruto off of on other teachers.

The only skill he showed his students was tree climbing and that consisted of a 10 minute explanation then him peacing out.

Let be honest here dude. Sakura Naruto and Sasuke all learned and grew under the Sannin.

What do you guys think is going to happen next chapter? we already so Sasuke used his rinnegan switcheroo which it supposed to mean, he now needs to recharge (but I'll buy that he kept saying that because he knew he was going to fight Naruto and wanted to trick him ) Will he use new tecniques? If his Susanoo can use all his regular tecniques, that should be cool. Which means we can get a mega version of Kirin.
they're in the white room so we're going to see lots of talking/convincing.

they're in the white room so we're going to see lots of talking/convincing.

I don't think there's much to talk. Sasuke bumped fists already, he is fucked..I mean he already undestand Naruto. They just have to battle because they have different visions for the sake of the shinoby world and the other is the only one with the power to stop them.

With so little time left I just can't imagine much more fighting. It all depends on how Kishi ends it though. I'm still on team cliffhanger and then the movie has flashbacks showing what happened afterwards.

Pein

Banned
He basically ignored his other two students. He knows over a 1000 ninjitu and didn't teach them a damned one. He says Sakura is a genjutsu type then proceeds to not teach her any. And he basically pawns Naruto off of on other teachers.

The only skill he showed his students was tree climbing and that consisted of a 10 minute explanation then him peacing out.

Let be honest here dude. Sakura Naruto and Sasuke all learned and grew under the Sannin.

Well sasuke basically needed extra care before the chuunin exams because of the curse mark sasuke had. Naruto needed to know the basics so ebisu made sense considering the circumstances. By the time chuunin exams were done and the village got wrecked the village had to work jounins overtime so he never had the chance again to train any of them.

saying Kakashi is a bad teacher is bull because he never had the opportunity to really dig deep with any of them because how short part 1 is. Kakashi when he is teaching them gets shit done like with rasenshuriken.

Of course they learned more from the sannin, they had 2+ years , kakashi had a few months.

Kakashi teached Naruto way more useful shit than Jiraiya did. He also cares deeply for him, he is often getting the short end on the stick on everything but he still keeps going.

I-hate-u

jUeNJ4g.jpg

Why couldn't we have Kishi art for the last 3 panels? They pale in comparison to the manga shots.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Still pretty sure this is what will happen:

Next few chapters will conclude the fight. Naruto wins. Both Naruto and Sasuke will leave to wander the world, possibly even together (although probably separately), while Kakashi takes over as Hokage.

Last chapter will be a timeskip. Naruto will return to the village/be shown as already being Hokage. We will see a montage of what the world is like with Naruto as a village leader, and learn what everyone is up to.

The Last will be pre-timeskip and show what Kakashi's time as Hokage was like, and take place during Naruto and Sasuke's training/journies of self discovery.

todd360

Naruto better be shown as hokage in the last chapter at least. I didn't listen to kid Naruto shout that he was gonna become hokage for years just for it to not happen.

Mengetsu

Whatever happened to Kirin? Never seen it again after the Itachi fight.
The move just takes up to much preperation time. He used it on Itachi as a one step ahead kind of move and to counter act Itachi to make sure he couldn't dodge it. To use it he would have to light the area on fire and make clouds to start up weather that could make be thunderstorms.

todd360

The move just takes up to much preperation time. He used it on Itachi as a one step ahead kind of move and to counter act Itachi to make sure he couldn't dodge it. To use it he would have to light the area on fire and make clouds to start up weather that could make be thunderstorms.

Can't we just let that one be an awesome one time thing? Every other attack gets spammed.

Village

That's because you have be strong AND a good leader. Naruto can do both. And the kid isn't dumb. Just because he doesn't get good grades and doing work isn't his thang doesn't mean he can't learn. That's one thing he is best out. The village respects the shit out of him, the ninja world in general warships him, he is strong as fuck.

He is a no brainer. Don't see how anyone can deny that he wouldn't be a great leader. I could buy that he may be slightly too young but it's coming!

I imagine the entire ninja world ain't doing to well economically wise at the momento, world wide war, village destruction, terrorists. Their whole child solider racket just blew up in their face. Because they were country wide mercenaries them loosing people is essentially loosing product. A long with that the scared children and families because of this conflict, that they can't argue with because they have lost people. Not great. Kinda need someone who can lead them into a different direction economically and as a people.

Now while I am way over analyzing speculative naruto economy, the deepest lore. On the hypothetical that what I am saying has some merit, I don't want naruto to be the hokage. I don't he's not fit for that, I think there is a lot of people fit for it. It ain't naruto, hell I hate sakura and she's more fit for that job. The ones I had in the actual running were kekashi, shikimaru, and Neji and the last one is dead.

Real for a sec, sometimes you not built for whatever job you want. Sometimes you to short to play basketball, sometimes you to small to be foot player, sometimes you aren't good enough at art to be a successful artist, sometimes are aren't smart enough to be a scientist, sometimes you don't the right mind for what an area needs for in a political leader at the moment. Dream other dreams, keep on keepin on, and find where you fit.

I think that would be a far greater lesson, because doesn't wanna be the hokage.

Because naruto doesn't want to be the hokage.

He just wanted respect, he has that in droves. I think he would be kinda ok not being the hokage, I think being the hokage when he was younger is how viewed gaming the respect. Then he realized it wasn't his title as kekashi told him at the beginning shippuden, it ain't about what title you got. Its how far you have come a person, being respectable. Or at least being able to live with yourself. Naruto has gone from a demon child to someone who can stand up with the greatest ninja's in the world. Beating up what was essentially a god. I think he's ok not being the hokage, I think naruto finding his place in the world is a better lesson to learn. I don't think the character should get what they want all the time, sometimes you don't sometimes it don't work out. Thats life, and naruto has a lot of " thats life " moments in it, why stop now?

Those are some very indepth and valid points, villiage. But trust me, if you asked Naruto straight out, "Do you want to be Hokage, or become Hokage? He's snap it up in a heartbeat. He's matured greatly, but he's still a kid at heart.

Village

Those are some very indepth and valid points, villiage. But trust me, if you asked Naruto straight out, "Do you want to be Hokage, or become Hokage? He's snap it up in a heartbeat. He's matured greatly, but he's still a kid at heart.

Its not what he would say if you asked him.

Its about what he would say when you told him no.

Sure everyone want to their president/primeminister/royalfamily/KAGE whatever of whatever they got going on, but what happens when you say no is when they show their true colors, or at least how they would react and how mature they really are. It made orochimaru become a vengeful terrorist.

I-hate-u

Naruto will save Sasuke, just like he promised Itachi.

Naruto and Kakashi will become hokage, just like Obito told them.

Naruto will break the Hyuuga clan bs, just like he promised Neji.

Naruto will fix up Amegakure and protect it, just like he promised Nagato.

Village

Naruto will save Sasuke, just as he promised Itachi.

Naruto and Kakashi will become hokage, just as Obito told them.

Naruto will break the Hyuuga clan bs, just as he promised Neji.

Naruto will fix up Amegakure and protect it, just as he promised Nagato.

I don't think he will do any of things.

Nor should he

I just think he will do what he can. Thats all you can do. Epically in the sasuke situation.

Sometimes you don't get what you want. I think thats better lesson to end the series on.

If Naruto doesn't become Hokage, what chances do I have to achieve my goals? Naruto needs to prove that you can accomplish your dreams, not by wishing real hard. But by effort, determination, mistakes, knowing people, learning from them, working with the them to achieve your goal.

Zeroth

What's the point of becoming Hokage if Naruto has already gone way beyond that? I feel it's just a silly title at this point, the purpose behind wishing for the Hokage is something he already achieved.

What's the point of becoming Hokage if Naruto has already gone way beyond that? I feel it's just a silly title at this point, the purpose behind wishing for the Hokage is something he already achieved.

That his goal in life. It would be really crappy if Naruto then acted like being Hokage is suddenly beneath him. That's something Uchihas will do.

Pein

Banned
That his goal in life. It would be really crappy if Naruto then acted like being Hokage is suddenly beneath him. That's something Uchihas will do.

and its not beneath him, to be someone who can nurture and protect the citizens of konoha. Hell just this year naruto promised gaara he'd take a drink with him once he becomes hokage.
also check this shit out because its dope as hell. weird seeing milestones by the years because it seems like yesterday.
www.naruto.com/j/countdown/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
d658607f.jpeg

Okay, this is pretty boss
This design is so cool. I love it more every time I see it. I mean, the whole traditional Japanese thing he had going on in Shippuden was cool and all, but modern day clothing (at least, sort of) is the look for him.

Edit: Nevermind, there's nothing really modern about it. It looks more stylized, I guess? I dunno, more like a natural evolution of his part 1 design than his part 2 self.

Naruto going to give up the dream and give it to sasuke as a sign of faith and trust in him. Sasuke will either take it and become Hokage like Madara should have been originally or Sasuke will turn it down because all he wanted to know was that naruto was serious and they become bros and hug.

Naruto going to give up the dream and give it to sasuke as a sign of faith and trust in him. Sasuke will either take it and become Hokage like Madara should have been originally or Sasuke will turn it down because all he wanted to know was that naruto was serious and they become bros and hug.

Kakashi becomes hokage.

Naruto and Sasuke meet halfway and save the ninja world. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura then become like the 3 legendary sannin and roam the ninja world solving problems along the way (cue part 3 anime).

Also don;t know if you guys know about it but this site has brought me to my tears:

http://naruto.com/j/countdown/

Seems like an official compilation of the 15 years of Naruto....

;_________;

So if the information on that website is true...

Then that would mean Kishi was well into the Chuunin Exam arc, before 9/11 happened.

Dear lord, I feel OLD.

I don't think he will do any of things.

Nor should he

I just think he will do what he can. Thats all you can do. Epically in the sasuke situation.

Sometimes you don't get what you want. I think thats better lesson to end the series on.

You know there won't be a "lesson."

Kakashi becomes hokage.

Naruto and Sasuke meet halfway and save the ninja world. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura then become like the 3 legendary sannin and roam the ninja world solving problems along the way (cue part 3 anime).

Also don;t know if you guys know about it but this site has brought me to my tears:

http://naruto.com/j/countdown/

Seems like an official compilation of the 15 years of Naruto....

;_________;
Goddamn... Really puts the scale of the world and characters into perspective. It's a shame so many people love to shit on a series that has managed to world-build to this magnitude. What an insane ride Kishi has taken us on. Time to bring it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom