• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always felt like the title of Hokage should be given to someone who is capable of protecting the village from any threat if shit hit the fan. I never got the feeling that Tsunade was capable. I feel like she was just there because she was the only choice left after Kakashi/Jiraiya. It's also why I feel like the people wanting shikimaru to be the one also make no sense. He has advisor written all over him. Just like Tsunade has chief medical ninja written all over her.

It has got to be Naruto, Sasuke, or Kakashi if he can get back into his groove minus sharingan.

So what's the deal with Sasuke's rinnegan anyway? Purple and yet it still has the tomoes, of course Sasuke would try to be special, that jerk.

Pein

Banned
Kakashi is lazy as fuck and a terrible teacher. I'd have to see how he shapes up after having it out with Obito to know if he'd make a good Hokage. I'd rather tsunade keep it until Naruto is ready.

terrible teacher? he took scrub sasuke and gave him rock lee speed and chidori in a month, he also helped develop rasenshuriken.

Kakashi is laid back, he isn't lazy. He's obviously been training the crap out of kamui and constantly upping his raiton game. He also gets missions like crazy and he helps other teams within the village like team asuma when he volunteered to go up up against kakuzu and hidan.

He was a general in the war, dude knows how to lead. Tsunade has been run so ragged she must be ready to quit.

Yado

I always felt like the title of Hokage should be given to someone who is capable of protecting the village from any threat if shit hit the fan. I never got the feeling that Tsunade was capable. I feel like she was just there because she was the only choice left after Kakashi/Jiraiya. It's also why I feel like the people wanting shikimaru to be the one also make no sense. He has advisor written all over him. Just like Tsunade has chief medical ninja written all over her.

It has got to be Naruto, Sasuke, or Kakashi if he can get back into his groove minus sharingan.

I would vote for Tsunade to be Hokage over Kakashi tbh, she seems pretty capable. Her only cons are being a female character in Naruto and being Hokage during a time when there's an invincible golden child to take care of everything.

Pein

Banned
I would vote for Tsunade to be Hokage over Kakashi tbh, she seems pretty capable. Her only cons are being a female character in Naruto and being Hokage during a time when there's an invincible golden child to take care of everything.

Hiruzen also had a invincible golden child in Minato.

Meh I just don't think Tsunade is capable of protecting the village from threats. Well, clearly she wasn't. And I'm not even talking Madara and whatnot. Nobody could even stop Nagato. Yes yes I know they didn't have the intel.

She wouldn't have been able to stop Orochimaru either when he executed his invasion. Tsunade is strong no doubt but Kakashi with sharingan is on some next level shit. Without it, it will take some time but I'm sure it won't be long before he surpasses everyone other than Naruto and Sasuke.

Village

I don't need the hokage to be the ultimate protector, you got soliders for that.

I need them to be a tactician and someone who can get paper and political work done. They are a president more than anything.

Thats why I'm not a fan of Naruto being the hokage, ever. Just not his bag

I don't need the hokage to be the ultimate protector, you got soliders for that.

I need them to be a tactician and someone who can get paper and political work done. They are a president more than anything.

Thats why I'm not a fan of Naruto being the hokage, ever. Just not his bag
Tactician and political work? That's what advisors are for though. That's what people like Shikimaru and his father are there for.

Hokage should be seen as the absolute last line of defense.

Pein

Banned
Meh I just don't think Tsunade is capable of protecting the village from threats. Well, clearly she wasn't. And I'm not even talking Madara and whatnot. Nobody could even stop Nagato.

She wouldn't have been able to stop Orochimaru either when he executed his invasion. Tsunade is strong no doubt but Kakashi with sharingan is on some next level shit. Without it, it will take some time but I'm sure it won't be long before he surpasses everyone other than Naruto and Sasuke.

thats not a fair thing to say, other then hashirama the other hokage or any kage couldn't stop nagato.

Tactician and political work? That's what advisors are for though. That's what people like Shikimaru and his father are there for.

yeah, hokage should be the ultimate deterrent for other villages. Lets not invade kumo, the raikage would splatter us against the wall before we know it.

thats not a fair thing to say, other then hashirama the other hokage or any kage couldn't stop nagato.
Hey all I'm saying is the person who has the best shot at protecting everybody should be hokage. Jiraiya AND Kakashi at the time were both better choices. She was third string. Sakura might as well be hokage.

I-hate-u

Not really, it wasnt his original sharingan that he got physically from obito, it was a spiritual kind of thing

Thats true for the right eye, but his left eye was completely taken out from Obito's and physically inserted in his socket. Which is why I am saying it should have remained sharingan-ed.

Because Madara ripped that sharingan out and Naruto replaced the empty eye socket with Kakashi's original eye.

Did he really? I forget.

We all know the 6th Hokage should have been Itachi, but he died.

Pein

Banned
Hey all I'm saying is the person who has the best shot at protecting everybody should be hokage. Jiraiya AND Kakashi at the time were both better choices. She was third string. Sakura might as well be hokage.

Part 1 kakashi can't contend with tsunade especially if she summons katsuyu. Maybe Jiraiya could kill her but he'd have to be in sage mode and use frog song.

Clearly Gai should've been Hokage, Pain would gotten destroyed if he was there.(and died in the process but yeah)

hence why he was out of the village at the time

He would've gave him that 8 Gate smackdown

Even without all eight gates unleashed he was still holding his own against so many jinjurikis

Yado

Hiruzen also had a invincible golden child in Minato.

Minato didn't have the kind of invincibility a main character has.

Kakashi has already failed at mentoring his students and protecting his friends. Why put him in a position to let down the entire village?

Part 1 kakashi can't contend with tsunade especially if she summons katsuyu.
kakashi could kamui her out of existence and then go to sleep for 2 weeks. Could he do it in part 1? I can't remember.

Kakashi has already failed at mentoring his students and protecting his friends. Why put him in a position to let down the entire village?
now you just hatin on the beast kakashi

I-hate-u

Don't blame Sasuke's donkey-ness on Kakashi breh.

Pein

Banned

Minato on his way to hokage was invincible, he was no doubt the strongest in the village when he was a jounin. Better then the sannin and other villages had a flee on sight order if they came across him.
kakashi could kamui her out of existence and then go to sleep for 2 weeks. Could he do it in part 1? I can't remember.

now you just hatin on the beast kakashi

He couldn't in part 1, if he could he wouldn't have shat his pants when he met up with orochimaru.
Don't blame Sasuke's donkey-ness on Kakashi breh.

true, uchiha's are just destined for bad decisions.

hence why he was out of the village at the time

He would've gave him that 8 Gate smackdown

Even without all eight gates unleashed he was still holding his own against so many jinjurikis

Even if he was there though it would've been for nothing sadly, Gai would kill himself stopping Pain but Nagato would still be alive because only Sage Naruto was able to locate him.

What ever happened to
the boulder that "killed" Obito?
I think we're missing a really vital plot point here.

I would not be upset with Hokage Kakashi. Naruto's plan is "Become Hokage, Do Something?, World Peace." He's not exactly prepared yet.

What ever happened to
the boulder that "killed" Obito?
I think we're missing a really vital plot point here.

I would not be upset with Hokage Kakashi. Naruto's plan is "Become Hokage, Do Something?, World Peace." He's not exactly prepared yet.

>bring back Sasuke
>become hokage
>???
> everlasting world peace

sounds like a good plan to me friend.

brinstar

He couldn't in part 1, if he could he wouldn't have shat his pants when he met up with orochimaru.

which reminds me, I think it's hilarious that Kakashi shit himself in front of Orochimaru, who at one point was the indirect subordinate of a teenage Obito.

Yado

I can't really think of anyone who would make a good Kage now to be honest. I guess Kakashi would be fine now that there are fewer serious threats.

I can't really think of anyone who would make a good Kage now to be honest. I guess Kakashi would be fine now that there are fewer serious threats.
Kakashi could be a great hokage if team 7 become the new sannin and protectors of the leaf.

Naruto would obviously be the best hokage because he is the new g-o-d of shinobi and can just get all the smarter people to do the busy work while he does all the work protecting everyone/unifying villages/eating ramen/etc...

So what's the deal with Sasuke's rinnegan anyway? Purple and yet it still has the tomoes, of course Sasuke would try to be special, that jerk.

I think is the same as the Juubi's sharingan. It has the tomoes but also the rinnegan circles. I'm guessing the color is the only mayor diferences.

Although there was a fully color Original chapter out on Viz but it turn out it got pretty much everything wrong. So we don't really know the actual color of Madara's clothes or hair neither on his Sage mode.

Village

Advisory are for helping you do that.

You kinda need to know how to do that yourself, unless you want a dick chaney situation.

Also your notion is flawed, because there are multiple counts of the kage not being the strongest person in the village.

They are a political leader. They can get other people to fight for em.

Advisory are for helping you do that.

You kinda need to know how to do that yourself, unless you want a dick chaney situation.

Also your notion is flawed, because there are multiple counts of the kage not being the strongest person in the village.

They are a political leader. They can get other people to fight for em.
That's because you have be strong AND a good leader. Naruto can do both. And the kid isn't dumb. Just because he doesn't get good grades and doing work isn't his thang doesn't mean he can't learn. That's one thing he is best out. The village respects the shit out of him, the ninja world in general warships him, he is strong as fuck.

He is a no brainer. Don't see how anyone can deny that he wouldn't be a great leader. I could buy that he may be slightly too young but it's coming!

Yado

Naruto being Kage is basically like their village having a tailed beast to themselves while everyone else has none. He should focus on being a hero to everyone.

Naruto being Kage is basically like their village having a tailed beast to themselves while everyone else has none. He should focus on being a hero to everyone.

Naruto being Hokage means, he can sent a Kyuubi Mode Naruto along with every mission squad. That ensure the protection of the little guys, gives Naruto a check in case of fishy business, and inmediatly sent a notice to other clones in nearby area if he dies. The missions would have like an 99% success rate at that point. Then he can give specialized team member a Chakra Cloak or Chakra Jacket for those really tough missions. No one would even dare attacking the village. And that's not counting the Asura stuff.

Sai

Hashirama didn't exactly have it altogether upstairs and seemingly relied on Tobirama heavily concerning political matters.

They laid out the Hokage's role pretty early on, fellas: the Shinobi most suitable to protect the village, which usually means the most powerful; they're not just armchair generals. It certainly helps if they have a good head on their shoulders, but it's what they have their advisors, and the hierarchy of Jōnin for. Shikamaru has already voiced his intention to support Naruto in the same manner that Tobirama supported Hashirama.

Unless the 4th Data Book chimes in on the matter, we'll probably never know.

Hashirama didn't exactly have it altogether upstairs and seemingly relied on Tobirama heavily concerning political matters.

They laid out the Hokage's role pretty early on, fellas: the Shinobi most suitable to protect the village, which usually means the most powerful; they're not just armchair generals. It certainly helps if they have a good head on their shoulders, but it's what they have their advisors, andthe hierarchy of Jōnin for. Shikamaru has already voiced his intention to support Naruto in the same manner that Tobirama supported Hashirama.
exacty. It doesn't matter how silly/naive/etc...Hashirama was. He was the god of shinobi.

Naruto being Hokage means, he can sent a Kyuubi Mode Naruto along with every mission squad. That ensure the protection of the little guys, gives Naruto a check in case of fishy business, and inmediatly sent a notice to other clones in nearby area if he dies. The missions would have like an 99% success rate at that point. Then he can give specialized team member a Chakra Cloak or Chakra Jacket for those really tough missions. No one would even dare attacking the village. And that's not counting the Asura stuff.
also this. It's crazy how strong and useful Naruto is.

If someone becomes Hokage instead of Naruto I'll assume they will ask his permission or it will be Naruto who decides. Everyone and their moms know he is the next one.

edit: is there a 4th data book coming?!?!

Yado

These are good points even though I don't think he needs to be Hokage to do these things. I figured it would be more interesting for his character to be a man of the people but I suppose being hokage is his ultimate goal. Second only to Sasuke returning his affections of course.

Jin no Sho. Incorrectly announced as a Fan Book a few days back. Release date's November 4th.
yayyyyyyyyyy. How long until it's translated usually?

Also how long do Naruto clones last? Can he theoretically sleep all day while his clones do all the work everywhere?

exacty. It doesn't matter how silly/naive/etc...Hashirama was. He was the god of shinobi.

also this. It's crazy how strong and useful Naruto is.

If someone becomes Hokage instead of Naruto I'll assume they will ask his permission or it will be Naruto who decides. Everyone and their moms know he is the next one.

edit: is there a 4th data book coming?!?!

Hopefully it can put to rest some inconsistesis.

Amateratu = Hotter than the Sun...the Sun on the Galaxy #34 on the Kintango Nebula, which is like good enough to boil and egg but that's pretty much it.

Sai

Not really. There was some anime filler involving her and Konohamaru, though.

yayyyyyyyyyy. How long until it's translated usually?
Eh, fan translators can take a while to cover the book completely. We had a much larger number of translators active in the community when the 2nd and 3rd Data Books were released.

I'm sure most of the character profiles will be translated, at least. But you probably won't be able to see it completely translated until Viz comes in. They released the 3rd, so it's likely they'll be handling the 4th as well.

Amateratu = Hotter than the Sun...the Sun on the Galaxy #34 on the Kintango Nebula, which is like good enough to boil and egg but that's pretty much it.
:/

Hopefully more readers will be able to better discern hyperbole this time around.

Eh, fan translators can take a while to cover the book completely. We had a much larger number of translators active in the community when the 2nd and 3rd Data Books were released.

I'm sure most of the character profiles will be translated, at least. But you probably won't be able to see it completely translated until Viz comes in. They released the 3rd, so it's likely they'll be handling the 4th as well.

:/

Hopefully more readers will be able to better discern hyperbole this time around.

Well to be fair, if it really was hotter than the sun. Itachi would had pretty much evaporated when he used it point blank on the crow on his shoulder. I believe in the focus theory, in which the caster can control the heath by focusing on it. Which makes sense for Sasuke at least.

Temari hasn't done anything, she had a cool fake out, when we though she one shotted the Zombie Third Raikage, but he tanked the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom