• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The final month of Naruto begins this week. It's been a fun ride, guys.

Ponn

Banned
So I mean everyone is concentrating on these character shots from Naruto Last and going over them with a fine tooth comb but what about who they aren't showing hmmmm. I don't see Tsunade, Orochimaru or Bee. Sai but no Yamato. No Gaara. Wonder if that means anything.

Shy Fingers

Banned
There's a Gaara sketch on the site. I quite like his gourd being moved to his leg

The-Last-Naruto-the-Movie-Gaara.jpg

Ponn

Banned
There's a Gaara sketch on the site. I quite like his gourd being moved to his leg

Oh wow I missed that, he does look cool. Almost like a gunslinger but with sand instead of a gun.

Well I guess that blows my theory that maybe Sasuke ended up winning at the end actually did kill all the Hokages.

So I mean everyone is concentrating on these character shots from Naruto Last and going over them with a fine tooth comb but what about who they aren't showing hmmmm. I don't see Tsunade, Orochimaru or Bee. Sai but no Yamato. No Gaara. Wonder if that means anything.
nvm misread

Frog-fu

Banned
Studio Pierrot always gotta marginalise Sakura in one way or another.
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/a43da5d50a21e169682b58384beb9002/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo2_250.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/f543dc38ddc7f5d1aa4a27f09749a181/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo1_250.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/fdba6c308365de070eb331848bd966ba/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo3_250.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/840072c8214697fcfc38223ec6315a25/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo4_250.png[/IMG]

These guys are the fucking worst.

Naruto is the biggest property they've had to animate, but they've always been more concerned with Bleach and Gintama. They just don't give a fuck about Naruto in general, unless it's fucking Kakashi.

Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/a43da5d50a21e169682b58384beb9002/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo2_250.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/f543dc38ddc7f5d1aa4a27f09749a181/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo1_250.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/fdba6c308365de070eb331848bd966ba/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo3_250.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/840072c8214697fcfc38223ec6315a25/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo4_250.png[/IMG]

Naruto is the biggest property they've had to animate, but they've always been more concerned with Bleach and Gintama. They just don't give a fuck about Naruto in general, unless it's fucking Kakashi.
...Am I missing something? It just looks like they cleaned up Kishi's designs and fixed her proportions for the final model?

360pages

I wish they gave the movie to CyberConnects and they make a CGI one, it probably would look amazing, cost less over all to create and the characters would always be on model most of the time.

Hinata obsession with Naruto is just like Sakura's obsession with Sasuke or should I say a bit worst? Sakura doesn't think about Sasuke 24/7, while Hinata thinks about Naruto 24/7.

Hinata's love for Naruto is actually based on something. We still have no ideal why Sakura is in love with Saskue.

dabig2

Hinata's love for Naruto is actually based on something. We still have no ideal why Sakura is in love with Saskue.

This. I'm mostly only talking from part 1 here, but she admired Naruto for his actual qualities - his hard work, resolve, and kind nature. He literally inspired her to achieve greatness when they were kids and beyond.

Sakura had a schoolgirl crush on Sasuke. That's it. He was the tortured cool, loner kid with a streak of arrogance, talent, and a bad attitude. There was nothing different from her crush than Ino's or <insert random fangirl here> other than that she was his teammate and got more time with him.

Of course, sakura's crush is only slightly worse than Naruto's crush on Sakura. Ugh.

Frog-fu

Banned
You'd think people would stop overthinking relationships by now.

Sakura had a crush on Sasuke, then she fell in love with him over time. It happened. The same way how Naruto became friends with Sasuke and then came to see him as a brother.

Neither Sakura nor Naruto have good reasons to still care about Sasuke. The better question is not to ask why they came to care for him but why they still do.

As for Hinata, I don't think her idolisation of Naruto turning into love is any better or worse than Sakura falling in love with Sasuke. Hell, Naruto fell in love with Sakura based on a crush. We were never told why he liked her in the first place, or why that turned into love. But I suppose since he's the hero we're all just going to turn a blind eye to that and get mad because his love interest isn't falling head over heels for him, right?

you'd think they'd bring out the huge big budget animators for the last damn Naruto movie.

Maybe if it was Gintama.

Naruto will make a shit ton of money regardless of the animation quality.

It's not like anyone cares about Sakura.

Plenty of people do, she's one of the more popular characters, despite Western bandwagoning on her "uselessness."

...Am I missing something? It just looks like they cleaned up Kishi's designs and fixed her proportions for the final model?

They didn't clean up the design, they altered it, and they robbed her off her maturity in the process. She looks significantly worse in my opinion.

DedValve

Banned
Sakura looks way better in those sketches. The last two pics are a great example of just how powerful a good jawline and eyes have on a person. Any word on Anko?
lol

How big is the timeskip? I hope we see a teenage konohamaru

The art looks fine to me. Its weird to me since kishimoto changed his art around the tsunade arc to try to imitate tetsuya nishio and hirofumi suzuki's designs for the anime.

And its weird comaparing kishi's scribble sketches to finalized designs.

Shrug, the official for the movie looks fine to me.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
The art looks fine to me. Its weird to me since kishimoto changed his art around the tsunade arc to try to imitate tetsuya nishio and hirofumi suzuki's designs for the anime.

And its weird comaparing kishi's scribble sketches to finalized designs.

Shrug, the official for the movie looks fine to me.

Tsunade was also one of the characters to change most in appearance in the manga

ccPRkRh.png

Code:

They did Bleach? But Bleach had a cohesive art style that was always constant. That doesn't make sense.

They didn't clean up the design, they altered it, and they robbed her off her maturity in the process. She looks significantly worse in my opinion.

Sakura looks way better in those sketches. The last two pics are a great example of just how powerful a good jawline and eyes have on a person.

Whatever. All I'm seeing is a streamlining of limb/wardrobe proportions for consistency. Otherwise we'd have a Sakura with a pea-sized head if they'd stuck to his second sketch for example. It nearly borders on One Piece proportions. I also find the jawline comment funny since the heads align perfectly, from sketch to final. the only difference being the hair reveals more of the jawline in the sketch.

kLap8wq.jpg

Have you guys never seen the cleanup process for animation? You'll always lose some of that energy and soul in the cleanup, it's just the nature of the process.

tumblr_ncoa7gjOX21qetpbso1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ncoa7gjOX21qetpbso2_1280.jpg

Pein

Banned
one thing that never made sense was how some of the filler was really crap but the rock lee spin off is consistently great, like legit funny. Pierott has the ability to be great with naruto non canon but was just so bad at it most of the time.

P.S watch rock lee and his ninja pals.

I would take a consistent art, every time over that shifters, even if we never get episodes with God tier animation.

I mean did you saw Obito on that last episode. Jesus Christ.

Pein

Banned
I would take a consistent art, every time over that shifters, even if we never get episodes with God tier animation.

I mean did you saw Obito on that last episode. Jesus Christ.

nope the god tiers episodes are worth the mess. sometime they fix regular episodes up on the dvd release so it doesn't bother me as much.

Code:

Well if I had to choose between Naruto and Gintama, id personally choose gintama cause its so much better.
More like an obsession. Girl didn't even give a shit about her cousin dying, just Naruto's hand.
you know besides the fact she was weeping and crying when he died and probably wouldve continued if Naruto wasnt about to go off the deep end.

Village

Plenty of people do, she's one of the more popular characters, despite Western bandwagoning on her "uselessness."

Don't play her up like she is some fallen hero or someone down on her luck, she was horrible usless and the mangaka had chapters acknowledging how shit she was.

She's bad and thats it and everyone realized she was bad. And people will continue saying for a very long time.

The only thing I like about Sasuke is that he tends to tell it like it is when he knows something is stupid.

"Why the hell do you love me Sakura? Didn't I try to kill you? Stop living in a fantasy."

"Why do you keep trying to save me Naruto? Didn't I try to kill you too? Move the fuck on."

"You're all fucking useless, shut up and let me and Naruto handle Kaguya."

one thing that never made sense was how some of the filler was really crap but the rock lee spin off is consistently great, like legit funny. Pierott has the ability to be great with naruto non canon but was just so bad at it most of the time.

P.S watch rock lee and his ninja pals.

Some of my favorite Anime episode where "fillers" Hinata vs the Bug clan and Rock lee, Guy vs the Wooden fighting dummies where some great moment in the anime.

Don't play her up like she is some fallen hero or someone down on her luck, she was horrible usless and the mangaka had chapters acknowledging how shit she was.

She's bad and thats it and everyone realized she was bad. And people will continue saying for a very long time.

Well that's your opinion and its wrong. I'd take a Solo Sakura side story over and Saskue side story any fucking day of the week.

Saskue the the worst character in Naruto.

Pein

Banned
Well that's your opinion and its wrong. I'd take a Solo Sakura side story over and Saskue side story any fucking day of the week.

Saskue the the worst character in Naruto.

I'd take a sakura training arc too, sucks we never got a story of sakura being the hero or having a big showcase moment of abilities. Naruto had the Pain fight and sasuke flexed his MS at the kage summit and danzo fight.

Yeah, I liked the wooden doll jutsu episode too, that was the first time they actually animated Gai using the gates it was great. The sanbi guren arc was good too and the anbu kakashi story.

360pages

To be fair I do like some of the Anime filler, because it actually expands upon the characters. You actually see them grow and have them interact with one another. Other then being the Naruto and Sauce show.

I-hate-u

Worst thing was Guy's voice in the Kakashi's anbu filler. Even worse, they didn't match Kushina's past Kakashi/Guy voices. Did they simply forget?

Frog-fu

Banned
They did Bleach? But Bleach had a cohesive art style that was always constant. That doesn't make sense.

I reiterate, Studio Pierrot is shit. Utter shit. The worst.

Whatever. All I'm seeing is a streamlining of limb/wardrobe proportions for consistency. Otherwise we'd have a Sakura with a pea-sized head if they'd stuck to his second sketch for example. It nearly borders on One Piece proportions. I also find the jawline comment funny since the heads align perfectly, from sketch to final. the only difference being the hair reveals more of the jawline in the sketch.

http://i.imgur.com/kLap8wq.jpg

Have you guys never seen the cleanup process for animation? You'll always lose some of that energy and soul in the cleanup, it's just the nature of the process.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/45a9b436875761bac49439239fcfcc1a/tumblr_ncoa7gjOX21qetpbso1_1280.jpg
http://38.media.tumblr.com/1b75c93b5c96f99e3806faf7ed1edcf3/tumblr_ncoa7gjOX21qetpbso2_1280.jpg

Don't condescend. They outright edited her outfit and she looks decidedly different.

Well if I had to choose between Naruto and Gintama, id personally choose gintama cause its so much better.

I love Gintama, but I'd take Naruto over it any day of the week.

Sakura is far from a well written character, and we all have Kishimoto to blame for that, but the hate she gets is utterly ridiculous and disproportionate, and quite often there are double standards involved.

Also, any claim that she is "weak" or "useless" is patently false. The manga clearly contradicts you on that front. But you're not the only one that has a preference for selective reading and revisionist history when it comes to Sakura, plenty people like you do, and I tend to ignore them because they're not worth the effort of proving wrong, even when it's right in front of them.

I reiterate, Studio Pierrot is shit. Utter shit. The worst.

Don't condescend. They outright edited her outfit and she looks decidedly different.

I love Gintama, but I'd take Naruto over it any day of the week.

Sakura is far from a well written character, and we all have Kishimoto to blame for that, but the hate she gets is utterly ridiculous and disproportionate, and quite often there are double standards involved.

Also, any claim that she is "weak" or "useless" is patently false. The manga clearly contradicts you on that front. But you're not the only one that has a preference for selective reading and revisionist history when it comes to Sakura, plenty people like you do, and I tend to ignore them because they're not worth the effort of proving wrong, even when it's right in front of them.
Sakura has so far been involved in 3 fights
sakura vs ino
sakura and chiyo vs sasori
and naruto, sasuke, and sakura vs kaguya.
Against ino was a tie, against sasori she could really only be muscle while chiyo controlled her and do medic stuff with the poison. And all she did in the kaguya fight was close off her escape route.
ino I cant really think of any of her fights, nor can I think of ten tens.
hinata had two fights in the series one against neji and one against pain and lost both.
all in all most of the women in Naruto are pretty weak sadly, one of my biggest gripes of the series...

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Worst thing was Guy's voice in the Kakashi's anbu filler. Even worse, they didn't match Kushina's past Kakashi/Guy voices. Did they simply forget?

Probably because they originally gave them adult voices as kids in Kakashi Gaiden but they wanted to portray them as more kid like this time.

Frog-fu

Banned
Sakura has so far been involved in 3 fights
sakura vs ino
sakura and chiyo vs sasori
and naruto, sasuke, and sakura vs kaguya.
Against ino was a tie, against sasori she could really only be muscle while chiyo controlled her and do medic stuff with the poison. And all she did in the kaguya fight was close off her escape route.
ino I cant really think of any of her fights, nor can I think of ten tens.
hinata had two fights in the series one against neji and one against pain and lost both.
all in all most of the women in Naruto are pretty weak sadly, one of my biggest gripes of the series...

Sakura practically carried Chiyo in that fight. She brought the antidotes and, according to Chiyo herself, did't even need her help to evade Sasori's puppets.

Against Kaguya, she saved Sasuke.

Before that she saved Naruto.

Before that she healed an entire army and took out dozens of J&#363;bi clones with a single punch.

Kishimoto is shit when it comes to female characters. They're likeable, but they're never given any real opportunity to shine.

Still, it's not even her prowess as a shinobi I'm talking about (which is undeniable at this point). I'm talking about the fact every flaw in her character is put under a giant microscope and none of her virtues are considered. I don't know what's worse, the blatant ignorance that she is weak or useless, or the the equally stupid assertions that she is a bitch.

Sakura practically carried Chiyo in that fight. She brought the antidotes and, according to Chiyo herself, did't even need her help to evade Sasori's puppets.

Before that she healed an entire army and took out dozens of J&#363;bi clones with a single punch.

Kishimoto is shit when it comes to female characters. They're likeable, but they're never given any real opportunity to shine.

Still, it's not even her prowess as a shinobi I'm talking about (which is undeniable at this point). I'm talking about the fact every flaw in her character is put under a giant microscope and none of her virtues are considered. I don't know what's worse, the blatant ignorance that she is weak or useless, or the the equally stupid assertions that she is a bitch.

Easily one of the best fights because of how Sakura's style of fighting to me is so much like Rock Lee. It was an intense physical battle in which you got to watch her really just beat the shit out of someone.

I think the only thing I dislike about sakura (for the most part) is her weird love for Sasuke. You'd think as time went on she would have matured and realized it was probably childhood infatuation but somehow her love grew deeper lol. It really does all come off like a fantasy in her head, not sure if kishimoto knows how that stuff works. Usually time spent apart and reasons to dislike someone are a wakeup call rather than the opposite. I don't think it's similar to Naruto and Sasuke's relationship. Their situations are completely different. Their special connection was formed through similar circumstances and rivalry. I'm willing to buy that more than Sakura's feelings. Same with Hinata's feelings, I could buy hers because Naruto is more of an inspiration for her. Someone that always gave her hope and made her strive to be better. It's easy to cling to that. Sakura mentions Naruto's childhishness in various ways throughout but she's just as childish at heart if not worse where it counts. Which is a flaw I'm willing to accept.

Other than that I don't really mind her. Though I also don't buy that she's anywhere near Naruto/Sasuke like some of her hardcore fans will try to argue. Then again those same people will try to argue that Tsunade as as good as the other sannin when I just don't buy that. Which doesn't mean they're bad. Just sayin'.

I actually liked her in part 1 when she wasn't being typically annoying. She showed a lot of growth in some areas. It was until shippuden where she start flipflopping. But overall I still like her. I like female characters who can kick ass.

Niks

Sakura is the perfect example of wasted potential in the manga... if you looked past her irrational love for sasuke for a minute, kishimoto could have used this as an excuse for Sakura to create a unique New jutsu to bring sasuke back... even if it failed at the end, it would have made a positive impact on her character.

Instead he made a lazy attempt with a poisoned Kunai and lots of crying...

:/

LOL I made a similar argument in The Legend of Korra thread about all the hate she gets.

Village

Well that's your opinion and its wrong. .

MMMM, I ain't gonna give you a detailed " why sakura ain't shit " diliberation, working senior thesis and you have probobly read more than you can count. ( maybe there is reason for hat) Imma just leave you .

whatever gets to sleep .Imma read that chapter where the mangaka was like, yo sakura ,ain't shit. You remember that, you remember when the guy who made thing had characters acknowledge how ain't shit she was.

" none of her virtue's are considered" what virtues?

360pages

The problem with Sakura is her screen time isn't equal to the stuff she did. The fact that she really had only three good fights, one of them her pretty much be support one despite easily being a character that is third or forth in the amount of pages and time they take up is really bad.

Compared to say like Kakashi or Choji, Shikimaru Garra Killer Bee, Tsunade who has a lot less screen time but are usually shown to be doing something somewhat important everytime they appear.

The character's pacing is awful. Thus her feats are usually buried under a mountain of crap of her wondering what she is going to do about Sasuke and Naruto. The fact that Sakura has less fights then Rock Lee tells you a lot about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom