• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

I don't get how people can dislike Sakura for pining away for Sasuke and be ok with Naruto doing it. Naruto is a stage 10 clinger and he's been stalking Sasuke for years.

You know it's bad when you have to literally fight someone repeatedly to be your friend.

I don't get how people can dislike Sakura for pining away for Sasuke and be ok with Naruto doing it. Naruto is a stage 10 clinger and he's been stalking Sasuke for years.

You know it's bad when you have to literally fight someone repeatedly to be your friend.

What, no one is ok with Naruto doing it, nothing will ever be worse than Naruto hyperventilating over Sasuke.

The difference is that Naruto actually has other ambitions and is dynamic outside of his Sasuke obsession. He also doesn't constantly call himself pathetic and useless.

Village

The character's pacing is awful. Thus her feats are usually buried under a mountain of crap of her wondering what she is going to do about Sasuke and Naruto. The fact that Sakura has less fights then Rock Lee tells you a lot about the situation.

Thats not fair, rock lee is shining majestic golden youthful ray of light that deserves every fight.

WHY ARE YOU SO FIXATED ON ME - Sasuke

Seriously though, like I said, it's far easier to buy Naruto and Sasuke being BFFs. They share a special bond and connection due to their circumstances from a young age. I can buy that it's something only they can understand and I kind of like that in a way. Combine that with naruto's naive resolve and you have a match made in heaven.

Village

Because he believes he understands sasuke feels like he was almost sasuke , and feels like he could help sasuke. I can understand that, do I think its smart, I dunno, do I understand it yeah. I never felt sakura ever accurately grasped what exactly what was wrong with the two of them. And often judged naruto with out complete understanding.

Seriously though, like I said, it's far easier to buy Naruto and Sasuke being BFFs. They share a special bond and connection due to their circumstances from a young age. I can buy that it's something only they can understand and I kind of like that in a way. Combine that with naruto's naive resolve and you have a match made in heaven.

Yup. Naruto sees that he could have been in the same place. He's still crazy, but it's understandable. Sakura has never had a reason to feel the way she does about Sasuke, but I guess that's kind of how real life works too, eh?

I think the only thing I dislike about sakura (for the most part) is her weird love for Sasuke. You'd think as time went on she would have matured and realized it was probably childhood infatuation but somehow her love grew deeper lol. It really does all come off like a fantasy in her head, not sure if kishimoto knows how that stuff works. Usually time spent apart and reasons to dislike someone are a wakeup call rather than the opposite. I don't think it's similar to Naruto and Sasuke's relationship. Their situations are completely different. Their special connection was formed through similar circumstances and rivalry. I'm willing to buy that more than Sakura's feelings. Same with Hinata's feelings, I could buy hers because Naruto is more of an inspiration for her. Someone that always gave her hope and made her strive to be better. It's easy to cling to that. Sakura mentions Naruto's childhishness in various ways throughout but she's just as childish at heart if not worse where it counts. Which is a flaw I'm willing to accept.

Other than that I don't really mind her. Though I also don't buy that she's anywhere near Naruto/Sasuke like some of her hardcore fans will try to argue. Then again those same people will try to argue that Tsunade as as good as the other sannin when I just don't buy that. Which doesn't mean they're bad. Just sayin'.

I actually liked her in part 1 when she wasn't being typically annoying. She showed a lot of growth in some areas. It was until shippuden where she start flipflopping. But overall I still like her. I like female characters who can kick ass.
yeah good post...I'd say it's unreasonable for her to still have feelings for sasuke after this time skip, especially after almost killing her. It doesn't seem natural at all, even in the Naruto universe. If anything, she would be crushed in spirit after Sasuke attempted to kill her, and development a hatred for them.

btw--the only way for the love triangle to be fixed for me would be for Sasuke to finally feel pain again for how he's treated someone that loved him, Sakura dying, and Naruto being allowed to love someone else (Hinata) everyone gets redemption, as Sakura sees Sasuke crying over her as she dies.

I like it, and I don't care who disagrees!

meanwhile:

kmj0tUw.jpg

Seriously though, like I said, it's far easier to buy Naruto and Sasuke being BFFs. .

Sasuke put his hand through Naruto chest. And tried to kill Sakura twice now. Both of them have battered woman's syndrome. Their bond is garbage and basied on jack squat. Maybe if Kishimoto was actually good at writing and developing relationships it would make sense.

But as it stands, it completely stupid as to how Obsessed both Naruto and Sakura are with Sasuke. Sasuke just an asshole who Kishimoto wants the reader to love as much as he dose.

Sasuke put his hand through Naruto chest. And tried to kill Sakura twice now. Both of them have battered woman's syndrome. Their bond is garbage and basied on jack squat. Maybe if Kishimoto was actually good at writing and developing relationships it would make sense.

But as it stands, it completely stupid as to how Obsessed both Naruto and Sakura are with Sasuke. Sasuke just an asshole who Kishimoto wants the reader to love as much as he dose.
They were on the same team for like 4 months and were on like 2 missions together (including the forest of death)

Heroman

Banned

What bond? There no reason for Naruto to be sasuke friend hell there were never friend in the first place.

What bond? There no reason for Naruto to be sasuke friend hell there were never friend in the first place.
Hey but they smiled at each other that one time and both of their families are dead. If thats not a reason to be best friends and go out of your way and throw away your dreams for someone I dont know what is.
literally anything else.

brinstar

one explanation I came up with to explain the bizarre friendships in this series in my head are that they are child soldiers, and I figure for them whatever relationships they manage to cobble together early on in life must be held onto because who knows when they're going to die.

but with that said, the second Sasuke tried to kill me I'd be out.

The bond is that they both shared similar circumstances as children and grew up to become rivals and there's a certain camaraderie in that. Pushing each other to become better. It's credible enough for me.

Admittedly, the anime does a better job of driving it home than the manga does though.

Yado

The bond is that they both shared similar circumstances as children and grew up to become rivals and there's a certain camaraderie in that. Pushing each other to become better. It's credible enough for me.

Admittedly, the anime does a better job of driving it home than the manga does though.

It doesn't matter how much they have in common if they've never actually built a relationship based on these similarities. They haven't.

Maddocks

the bond was really Sasuke fault. He did jump infront of all the neddles to save narutos life. Ever since then hes been in love.

It doesn't matter how much they have in common if they've never actually built a relationship based on these similarities. They haven't.
hmph?

-Sasuke saved Naruto in the Zabuza fight...

-They bonded when they trained together on top of trees...

-Sasuke and Naruto bonded more when Garra went crazy and they had to protect Sakura...

-Naruto has looked up to Sasuke and he finally acknowledged him as a person who's shared similar pain as him, and who is strong

You may feel they've never developed the relationship, but there is certainly evidence to the contrary. Who are we to say how fast it should be to develop a connection with someone.

Heroman

Banned
hmph?

-Sasuke saved Naruto in the Zabuza fight...

-They bonded when they trained together on top of trees...

-Sasuke and Naruto bonded more when Garra went crazy and they had to protect Sakura...

-Naruto has looked up to Sasuke and he finally acknowledged him as a person who's shared similar pain as him, and who is strong

You may feel they've never developed the relationship, but there is certainly evidence to the contrary. Who are we to say how fast it should be to develop a connection with someone.

They aren't friends, when the only thing they have in common is that both there parents are dead than that a shitty bond. I mean gon and killua are friends, they have whole arcs just for them to development their friendship if you compared them to Nartuo and sasuke , Naruto and sasuke seem like two people who happen to be in the same place at the same time.

They aren't friends, when the only thing they have in common is that both there parents are dead than that a shitty bond. I mean gon and killua are friends, they have whole arcs just for them to development their friendship if you compared them to Nartuo and sasuke , Naruto and sasuke seem like two people who happen to be in the same place at the same time.
true enough, I think they could have given more development as well...Just saying kishi did write some stuff and the anime makes it more believable. I disagree that you can't be someone's friend in a short period of time though, and saving someone's life is a pretty way to jump start a relationship.

Honestly, I think the majority of Shippuden was just crap writing/anime with bright spots in between.

360pages

true enough, I think they could have given more development as well...Just saying kishi did write some stuff and the anime makes it more believable. I disagree that you can't be someone's friend in a short period of time though, and saving someone's life is a pretty way to jump start a relationship.

Honestly, I think the majority of Shippuden was just crap writing/anime with bright spots in between.

Oh no doubt, compared to part 1, Part 2 has some shit tier writing. It's hilarious how far it went to destroy almost every single theme in Part 1 almost completely.

Something I wrote before a year or so ago:
I know this is shounen, but let's call this bullsh** for what it really is and keep it real.

Kishimoto is trying to convince me and other readers that Team 7 had this deep, meaningful bond, that was broken and tainted by Sasuke when he left to join Orochimaru, god knows how long ago.

Here's the f**king thing Kishimoto:

THEY HAD NO BOND OUTSIDE OF BEING ON THE SAME TEAM!!! (NaruSaku excluded, obviously)

Let's go all the way back to part 1 and see things for what they really are: Naruto was a freaking moron (still is, really.), Sakura was an obsessive fangirl who when Kakashi asked what she liked ALL of her answers revolved around Sasuke, and Sasuke, despite the fact that he watched his family be killed repeatedly for three f**king days shows only mild (and I'm being generous) mental instability. If you didn't know his backstory he'd just come off as your typical shounen rival who's there to be "serious" and "cool."

All throughout Part 1, Kishi tried to give this idea that Team 7 are at the very least "friends" at worst and really close at best. But here's the thing: They NEVER did anything remotely close to what friends usually do. Did they ever hang out and just straight chill and talk with each other just to have fun and recreation? In Filler, maybe, but actual canon? None of that "Oh, its implied," bullsh** sits well with me at all. Naruto is unquestionably closer to Shika, Choji, Kiba, etc based on what's ACTUALLY SHOWN on panel, rather than the horseshit "friendship" Kishi THOUGHT was there, when in reality it wasn't.

Then the plot line of Itachi telling Sasuke, "In order to have these eyes, you must kill your best friend." and Naruto showing up in the background as Sasuke thinks of the implications of that. Um...what? No. Just f**king no. At BEST, Sasuke and Naruto had a mutual respect for one another (which obviously changed after the whole Rasengan vs Chidori incident on the rooftop). These two constantly fought, bickered, and in general didn't get along very well, their only saving grace was Plot No Jutsu. You know how when Sasuke and Naruto came up with a plan back in the Wave arc to free Kakashi from Zabuza? Non-verbally at that? I thought "Okay, this is the start of them starting to bond and not be complete shitheads." Nope. They NEVER show that kind of teamwork again and go back to the status quo of a rivalry that had little-to-no genuine substance and depth.

In short, the whole of the Team 7 reunion is just simply bullsh** fanservice based on bullsh** foundation of friendship that was never there. Naruto and Sasuke were never friends. They were simply teammates and acquaintances. In truth, Naruto has been trying to save a guy who was never his friend in the first place and yet the guy has deluded himself into thinking that somehow his "bond" with Sasuke is worth saving despite the fact that he's done absolutely NOTHING to warrant such obsession. Sasuke's line of "What the f**k is wrong with you!?" was never more appropriate.

todd360

Hmm people are questioning naruto and sauces friendship. Well let me ask you this. Does sauske have any other friends? No. His new crew is nothing more than a means to an end. He doesn't give a single shit about any of them. He would have never given them the time of day if he didn't need some extra muscle. Naruto is automatically his best friend and only friend. Sauske acknowledges naruto as being his best friend as well. It is a shit friendship though since sauske always wants to kill naruto for reasons.

360pages

To be honest Jugo, Sugentsu and Karin hug out with Saskue and were overall did more for him then team 7. Hell, Karin saved his life more then Sakura ever will. Though this goes back to Saskue being a little shit that throws away any friend he makes instantly. Showing he probably doesn't deserve anyone.

todd360

I realize that most of their bonding was implied as being off screen. The friendship is so garbage that it's hard to even call it a friendship. Try to argue that sauske has a better friend that naruto though. You just can't. The guy has zero friends other than naruto because he never wanted any. He didn't even want naruto as a friend. It just kinda happened before he realized it.

Well maybe it's just because part one was so good, that we just wanted to believe in the friendship and the bonds between them...

I mean come on, the first time we actually saw the fight at the valley of the end we didn't feel a bit touched by that "silent" acknowledgment between the two.

When Naruto glanced at Sasuke and frowns when they were younger, and then they both smiled, both wanting someone to talk to, but both being too stubborn and proud to ask for it.

I think part 1 was absolutely a good beginning to a friendship, it's just that part 2 didn't actually flesh it out.

When Sasuke said I didn't kill you on a whim, it should've been more implied that it was a lie, and he just didn't want to kill Naruto. In fact, throughout most of Shippuden, Sasuke has been acting like a crazed maniac, and has been much too stable and direct with his hatred to be taken seriously. I would have liked to see a much more weak and feeble minded person, distraught with his current path but longing to be with people that actually cared about him.

Kishi wrote Sasuke like he was driven by hatred, but it just never added up to much. I just didn't seem logical that he should be so driven by Itachi and not long for people that gave him the closests feeling he's had before his clan got snatched away.

Sasuke looked like a relatable person when he left the valley of the end. Asking Naruto why would you go so far for me...looking like he wanted to apologize to him after he stood over his body and coughed blood, and being sad when going to Ori's place.

What we got in part 2 just seemed like a different person, and Naruto, being the idiot but serious person when it counts, should have decided by now that in order to save Sasuke, you probably need to kill him because he's broken.

Kishi just seemed to never build on part one, maybe the manga just got too popular for him to adequately continue and he just tried to write for fans instead of finishing his story. It certainly seems like Sakura was originally supposed to play a larger roll and there hasn't been a villain as good as Oro yet.

I would actually like for the series to be over, and Kishi get some of the magic he had back. it certainly showed up in moments though, every time I've seen Naruto's mom and dad it's generally been good writing.

Hmm people are questioning naruto and sauces friendship. Well let me ask you this. Does sauske have any other friends? No. His new crew is nothing more than a means to an end. He doesn't give a single shit about any of them. He would have never given them the time of day if he didn't need some extra muscle. Naruto is automatically his best friend and only friend. Sauske acknowledges naruto as being his best friend as well. It is a shit friendship though since sauske always wants to kill naruto for reasons.

Sasuke didn't give a shit about his crew because Sasuke is a sociopath. He cares nothing for the people around him besides how they can further his own goals. She doesn't care about Sakura, not even a little bit. Naruto is the closest thing he has to a friend but even that concept of friendship is warpped as fuck.

Naruto is not Sasuke's friend. I don't give a shit what Kishimoto says.

360pages

The funny thing is, it was hinted that he cared about hit Taka crew. (Most of them were willing to give there lives to make sure the others were safe) at least during the Killer bee fight. Then the next arc he is a crazy asshole that ditches them. It was a complete 360 on his character. It was really stupid in jarring.

The funny thing is, it was hinted that he cared about hit Taka crew. (Most of them were willing to give there lives to make sure the others were safe) at least during the Killer bee fight. Then the next arc he is a crazy asshole that ditches them. It was a complete 360 on his character. It was really stupid in jarring.

Funny because he did the same to his first team. It not out of character because Sasuke is an asshole.

Frog-fu

Banned
Hate Thursday releases. I used to wake up on Wednesdays and have a new chapter already ready for me. Now I'm waiting like a peasant.

IHaveIce

Banned
Lol the art was really weird for some panels and I we really have to wait for some better translations.

But that is pure boredom so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom