• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ndk5mhHDf61qm74pno1_400.png

Love you!! Just say it.

th

I-hate-u

I would love to see Uzamaki-exclusive techniques from Naruto (like sealing) in this fight. Minato's use of it against Kurama to teleport the bijuu damaa was hype. So far, we only know of their strong chakra, healing and sealing abilities, but nothing for combat.

Pein

Banned
It'd be nice to see Naruto whip out the chains like what karin and kushina can do.

As for the the bandaged arm, I think the last technique is this battle is gonna be another rasengan and chidori clash, but naruto adds wind style and he wins but it permanently messes up his arm.

What are you guys talking about. The Talk no Jutsu is not only an Uzumaki exclusive technique, it's a NARUTO exclusive. No one can wield anything like it.

Kiba and Shino do look badass....Sasuke still outdoes them with his gangsta look lol

Honestly Sakura is my favourite new design followed by Kishi's drawings of Naruto.

I feel like Kishi introduced Shino, decided he didn't really know how to use his bug powers/realized everyone else had way more interesting abilities, and shelved him for the rest of the series.

New Kiba looks badass, reminds me of his fur hood from part 1.

Shino at least developed new techniques to use against those mini juubis

Kiba on the other hand..... "fang over fang" and three headed demon dog is all he has

Mik317

So I finally got caught up after "dropping" the series near the start of the war
(it was very tedious and focusing on characters Kishi just introduced or had ignored for the entire series and expecting us to care was an awful idea...the arc got "better" when Naruto and Sasuke teamed up)
. I came back beacuse Naruto, flaws and all, got me really into Anime/Manga so I feel like I have to finish it. And despite all of my complaints, I still like it...again flaws and all.

Still the conclusion was really really sloppy and the Kubo-esque SWERVE moments got tedious and kinda random...especially the last one (with Sasuke...like what the fuck is he even doing besides...oh shit we need a reason for our fight to be the final battle. googogogog). But there was some hype ass moments, even with all the asspulls. Naruto, talk no jutsu and his weird Sasuke love aside, has been pretty awesome during the arc especially his "big move" against
Kagura

I wonder how it will end tho.... The Movie kinda spoils that neither will die and that will mean either a half ass ending is in the plans

also goddam it Sakura...she does something cool (or at all) and then almost constantly follows it up with failure..goddam it.

Naruto has been a little bitch for sometime now.

How I wish Sasuke would have been the primary main character of this manga.

As muh as I like The Sauce, aka The Great One, I'm not sure the manga would be better if he was the main character.

Why has Naruto been a little bitch and sasuke not? All Naruto has done is win and become the strongest ninja on the planet.

Sasuke spends the majority of the series whining and being a stage 5 doucher.

I can't remember the last time The Sauce broken down crying during a fight. Naruto seems to be do more than often than not.

It's frankly pathetic.

What are you guys talking about. The Talk no Jutsu is not only an Uzumaki exclusive technique, it's a NARUTO exclusive. No one can wield anything like it.

Prepare for The Sauce to bust out his own superior TnJ before the end of the manga.

brinstar

Someone should make a list of all the loose ends and plot points Kishi never explained. Would be interesting.

There's really not many. How exactly Obito ran the Mist village in the shadows was glossed over, a lot of shit about Kaguya and the Ten Tails seems up in the air and the exact details and nature of Itachi's illness are the ones that come to mind.

Oh and that weird line Suigetsu said about Karin doing "something" to Sasuke, but I think that was a fan mistranslation?

Village

Sasuke spends the majority of the series Becoming a terrorist to do what he feels needs to be done. .

Fixed

also I don't like notion that your entire family gets murdered in front of you and your village covers it up and its considered whining. He just kinda nuts man.

Fixed

also I don't like notion that your entire family gets murdered in front of you and your village covers it up and its considered whining. He just kinda nuts man.

Yeah, I kind of think you're entitled to some bitching after seeing something like that as a little kid--especially when Itachi forced him to relive the image over and over with Tsukiyomi for an entire day. Frankly I was surprised at how well adjusted he was through most of part 1.

Frog-fu

Banned
lol
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/915c9b733c1a86d2c3591d6bd747e87f/tumblr_nddaz2r8Qi1qjjq1uo1_r1_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/9b9cd10b6e89391a15c7de68b268a74c/tumblr_nddaz2r8Qi1qjjq1uo2_r1_1280.png[/IMG]

Frog-fu

Banned
Seriously laughed more at this than I should have
Code:
[IMG]http://s010.radikal.ru/i311/1410/6c/4ff3bf109850.png[/IMG]

KibaIno fans (lolwut) out in force.
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/119648576406e09d480ba4091f5eb25c/tumblr_ndkt7yebgr1qzpefjo1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/c7dbeedde668c8bbf0abae2b181bd659/tumblr_ndlmk9GkEJ1scdhyfo1_r1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/a7227ca87bf54d8ea439e052bfeb1928/tumblr_ndlyhowJiJ1scdhyfo1_r1_500.png[/IMG]

Also, because fuck all of you
Code:
[IMG]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--C5jdITJF--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/khp95rhbjuya57af3ti2.png[/IMG]

360pages

Fixed

He's not entitled to constantly trying to kill people that consider him his friends or ditching however.

All the members of Taka at one point saved Sasuke's life, and risk their lives to save everyone else. He repays them by ditching two of them and trying to kill the last. Even if you think his relationship with Team 7 was crap how he treated Taka was unacceptable.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nature vs. Nurture at work. Grow up in a different environment and become a different person. Still fundamentally the same across all three incarnations that we know of, but very distinct based on the lives they had. I actually wish we knew more about Asura/Indra in detail.

Man I hate the reincarnation stuff, it just cheapens everything about Naruto and Sasuke.

Remember that stuff in part 1 about how Naruto could easily have ended up like Sasuke or Gaara, instead of it feeling organic now it's like if fate intervened and made damn sure that Naruto had Iruka to save him and put him on the path to becoming like Hashirama and Ashura.

That reincarnation/destined child stuff should never have happened and instead it should've just been Black Zetsu being the sole architect of the Senju/Uchiha rivalry, "fate" need not apply.

Man I hate the reincarnation stuff, it just cheapens everything about Naruto and Sasuke.

Remember that stuff in part 1 about how Naruto could easily have ended up like Sasuke or Gaara, instead of it feeling organic now it's like if fate intervened and made damn sure that Naruto had Iruka to save him and put him on the path to becoming like Hashirama and Ashura.

That reincarnation/destined child stuff should never have happened and instead it should've just been Black Zetsu being the sole architect of the Senju/Uchiha rivalry, "fate" need not apply.

But how would they get their power ups then?

360pages

I do kind of have a beef with Sakura, more her character then anything else. More in the fact that she doesn't have any goals outside of Naruto and Sasuke. Her character feels like a weird hovering character. Which is a real shame since they actually could have done a lot more with her character.

Think about it, she is the only character in her entire class that doesn't have some sort of blood line ability or gimmick. (Naruto had shadow clones in part 1) they could have made it so that she felt somewhat insecure about that. Not being special and getting over it in her character arc for part 1.

Nope, despite not being able to do shit in part one and she keeping saying she would change that is never actually brought up. Her entire character just exist in part 1 rarely actually contributing anything.

That goes into my second problem with Sakura...what is her goals/goals in life? We never actually figure those out. Naruto wants to be Hokage, Sasuke always have shifting goals. Sakura one and only goal is getting Sasuke and helping Naruto.

We don't know what she wants to do after that. Maybe become a doctor, maybe make Anbu...nothing. Actually this is a problem with a lot of female characters, but at the same time. I know Ino either wants to run a flower shop or become the most beautiful Ninja in the world. Even if they are shallow, they are still goals that are outside of her character.

Even Hinata's man goal is to get Naruto, one of her other goals is getting more confident for herself. The same could be said for Sakura, but Hinata was trying to do so after she met Naruto while Sakura only started trying when Saskue left.

Every decision she made was for other characters. It's better than Tenten where you honestly say...who?

I wish we actually knew what she wanted past that...I just assume she wants to become an amazing medical Ninja...but that's just what I assume.

I probably would've enjoyed this fight more if we didn't have 4 years + of constant fighting in a war torn region

this fight is moving quickly, is set in another location and is also showcasing new moves... yet I am suffering from too much fighting fatigue to really care

they instead should've had a few chapters where the character leave and prepare for the battle

of course it isn't as plausible but still it would've been better for us to get a bigger rest then those two chapters of talking

I think people read more into the recincarnation thing in terms of how much control it has on naruto and sasuke's lives than kishimoto intended for you. Like Naruto said. They are not ashura and indra.

I do kind of have a beef with Sakura, more her character then anything else. More in the fact that she doesn't have any goals outside of Naruto and Sasuke. Her character feels like a weird hovering character. Which is a real shame since they actually could have done a lot more with her character.

Think about it, she is the only character in her entire class that doesn't have some sort of blood line ability or gimmick. (Naruto had shadow clones in part 1) they could have made it so that she felt somewhat insecure about that. Not being special and getting over it in her character arc for part 1.

Nope, despite not being able to do shit in part one and she keeping saying she would change that is never actually brought up. Her entire character just exist in part 1 rarely actually contributing anything.

That goes into my second problem with Sakura...what is her goals/goals in life? We never actually figure those out. Naruto wants to be Hokage, Sasuke always have shifting goals. Sakura one and only goal is getting Sasuke and helping Naruto.

We don't know what she wants to do after that. Maybe become a doctor, maybe make Anbu...nothing. Actually this is a problem with a lot of female characters, but at the same time. I know Ino either wants to run a flower shop or become the most beautiful Ninja in the world. Even if they are shallow, they are still goals that are outside of her character.

Even Hinata's man goal is to get Naruto, one of her other goals is getting more confident for herself. The same could be said for Sakura, but Hinata was trying to do so after she met Naruto while Sakura only started trying when Saskue left.

Every decision she made was for other characters. It's better than Tenten where you honestly say...who?

I wish we actually knew what she wanted past that...I just assume she wants to become an amazing medical Ninja...but that's just what I assume.

That's pretty much the same problem with almost every female character in Naruto.

There are hardly any females with ambitions and goals of there own that isn't about about a man or co-opted from a man.(Konan being the poster-girl for the latter)

The closest was probably young Tsunade who wanted to be the best medical ninja. Kaguya too technically but she's barely a character.

Really those glimpses of the dream world for all the characters said it all.

Agreed. The reincarnation angle felt like a last minute addition. I still can't see why Kishimoto included it as Naruto and Sasuke was already established as descendants of the two brothers.

Ponn

Banned
What if last chapter, last page Naruto and Sasuke rushing each other with the last of their strength in a final Chidori/Rasengan clash BAM white panel then the last panel

"Find out what happened in Naruto The Last!! Thanks for reading Naruto"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I probably would've enjoyed this fight more if we didn't have 4 years + of constant fighting in a war torn region

this fight is moving quickly, is set in another location and is also showcasing new moves... yet I am suffering from too much fighting fatigue to really care

they instead should've had a few chapters where the character leave and prepare for the battle

of course it isn't as plausible but still it would've been better for us to get a bigger rest then those two chapters of talking

Agreed. Despite this war having taken 4 years, the pacing was far too quick. There was no breathing room in the arc, there needed to be mini-arcs in-between the sections of the war. This fight has no impact as a result, it's just another giant fight in a long long long string of giant fights.

Agreed. Despite this war having taken 4 years, the pacing was far too quick. There was no breathing room in the arc, there needed to be mini-arcs in-between the sections of the war. This fight has no impact as a result, it's just another giant fight in a long long long string of giant fights.

I like the Kaguya fight, because it was so refreshing to fight a non Uchiha in a different setting.

Maddocks

That picture really shows how big the 9 tails and super sasuke are. You see the tree stump in the background and it was huge and look at it.

the reason its hard to follow, if you have problems following it is because its supposed to really show off the speed of sasuke. Even his clone 9 tails are "what the hell"

So since the bandaged arm is bringing it up again, how did the whole rasenshruiken thing destroying Naruto's cells get resolved? I assumed it was only a problem before Naruto could actually throw it.

Sage mode gave him the strength to throw it

He still had to deal with that problem

Edit: But now he has not only all the tailed beasts to heal him and negate its effects the guy can bloody recreate body parts

He is fine

I guess what I mean is, does using the technique still hurt his arm when he holds/creates it or does the destructive effect only start to happen near the point of contact/explosion? Tsunade was pretty explicit about the technique eventually destroying his arm's chakra network if he kept using it, so I have to assume the fact this was never brought up again was because once the technique was perfected it was no longer an issue.

Pein

Banned
Before he had sage chakra to throw it he had to run up and physically touch the target, doing that his arm gets caught in the blast and it destroys his cells.

Now because of the sage chakra, he can just throw it and doesn't have to risk his arm. Its not a problem for him anymore.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like the Kaguya fight, because it was so refreshing to fight a non Uchiha in a different setting.

That's fine, I was just saying that the fights needed a bit of space in between them. We've had almost constant fight scenes for coming on 4 years now with almost no time to take a breath. It's been like a 4 year old arc and that's way too long.

When Kaguya summoned the big tree was a good spot to have a little arc with Naruto and co busting out of a fake reality like when it happened in Gurren Lagann. It didn't need to be long, just long enough to give us some downtime. That goes double for the war arc, which feels like it never really ended due to a lack of downtime.

Forgive the comparison, but this is where something like One Piece does a good job. After every major arc we're given a bit of a breather to draw down what just happened, build up what's to come and add a little bit more to the overarching plot lines. Naruto hasn't had a moment like this in four years and as a result this fight feels, to me and a few others, rushed and like it has no real impact despite being something the series as a whole had been building up to. We went straight for Kaguya to Sauske with barely a breath in-between.

I guess what I mean is, does using the technique still hurt his arm when he holds/creates it or does the destructive effect only start to happen near the point of contact/explosion? Tsunade was pretty explicit about the technique eventually destroying his arm's chakra network if he kept using it, so I have to assume the fact this was never brought up again was because once the technique was perfected it was no longer an issue.

Before he had sage chakra to throw it he had to run up and physically touch the target, doing that his arm gets caught in the blast and it destroys his cells.

Now because of the sage chakra, he can just throw it and doesn't have to risk his arm. Its not a problem for him anymore.
That makes sense

Lol I thought it harmed him when he summoned the attack

Village

Ino continuing to prove that she is better than sakura
He's not entitled to constantly trying to kill people that consider him his friends or ditching however.

All the members of Taka at one point saved Sasuke's life, and risk their lives to save everyone else. He repays them by ditching two of them and trying to kill the last. Even if you think his relationship with Team 7 was crap how he treated Taka was unacceptable.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that people with obvious mental health issues brought on by multiple trauma's brought on by war are supposed to be operating under some unified train of thought, regular well adjusted people don't even do that.

There is no unacceptable... there just is and isn't.

If you are looking for a social contract on a battlefield... you are looking in the wrong place dude.

This pregnancy meme is amazing.
tumblr_ndmcqlGOVb1snrslvo1_400.gif

Where did this originate

ghstwrld

lol

When the story opens, Sakura's ideals are mostly concerned with keeping her promise with Ino and herself to become, as she puts it, a full-fledged ninja. They slowly converge with her desire to free Naruto and Sasuke from their crap karma. Then they do so again with all of her work toward getting the original Team 7 back together. Sakura has also accepted the responsibility of preserving Tsunade's legacy and freeing her of her guilt over the deaths of Dan and Nawaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom