• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ndq4l07Yxr1qeai45o1_r3_500.gif
amazeballz!

Is almost a critic in how the cute CGI movies now replaced Anime as teenager's choice of animation. Deviantart used to be filled to the brim with Anime, now is mainly Disney.

Of course if you see the whole thing, you get to see Simpsons as characters from Adventure Time, South Park, Archer and even as Minions.

I almost cried, Naruto is my favorite character in the series and this was a huge moment for him. I really want to see this series remaked or abridged. In a more easy to digest format, so that more people can enjoy it. The anime is so long.

I almost cried, Naruto is my favorite character in the series and this was a huge moment for him. I really want to see this series remaked or abridged. In a more easy to digest format, so that more people can enjoy it. The anime is so long.
word, and if you ever felt like an underdog in your life then there's no way his journey up until that point didn't make shed some or at least swell up.

Such a beautiful moment. Would definitely love a Naruto Kai for those who have trouble watching because there really are a lot of fantastic moments in the anime that simply can't be replicated in manga form.

when did this happen?
treehouse of horror gag, it was an homage to a lot of things not just those animes. They even showed Adventure Time, Archer, south park, etc...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Lol no.

This is Shenron:

tumblr_lujfj0bohk1qis7mko1_500.png

This is Haku:

dvd-el-viaje-de-chihiro-nuevo-cerrado-original-sm-5115-MLA4254832530_052013-O.jpg

End of an era.

I figure when Naruto is finished, I can start One Piece. I need something to replace the void Naruto will leave in my life D':
Why not just start now?

orochi91

Why not just start now?

I never got into it because of the art.

But I need something to replace Naruto, so I'll give One Piece a shot again.

I'll only read 1 chapter a week, so by the time I catch up to the current chapter, the series
might actually be over. I recall Oda saying how One Piece is only at the halfway point
a couple years ago lol

orochi91

ODA recently said he was to add another 10 more years to the story.... So.... If you want to join us you got to be commited ;)

10 more years?!

So it took 17 years to get to 764 chapters. In 10 years time that total should be around 1200-1300 chapters.....

That is a hell of a commitment yo D:

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
He probably does like cash, but you can't deny that the work he puts out displays the passion he puts behind it. He's living his childhood dream.

360pages

I don't what sorta passion oda has had for the past few years but its the kind I don't want in my life.

To be fair, if I could get paid a crazy amount to write my stories and people all over the world love them. I probably wouldn't get much sleep and spend all night doing the exact same thing.

Welfare

Isn't Detective Conan still going on? Then you have JoJo. Oda can still add years of material to One Piece.

Also I'm pretty sure 699 is the final Chapter.

Sai

I hope we get an explanation of what Susanno is...
What's left to explain? It's a manifestation of the Mangekyō Sharingan user's chakra; manipulated through their will. Not a sentient entity, but is seen and utilized as something of a guardian deity, that can only be invoked upon awakening the dōryoku of both Mangekyō Sharingan.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
What's left to explain? It's a manifestation of the Mangekyō Sharingan user's chakra; manipulated through their will. Not a sentient entity, but is seen and utilized as something of a guardian deity, that can only be invoked upon awakening the dōryoku of both Mangekyō Sharingan.

That hasn't really been stated.

The shared appearances between the different ones such as Madara and Sasuke's final Susano wearing a robe and having shoulder armor in addition to the fact normal ninja don't have access to it kind of implies there's something more to it then that.

Madara used his without eyes so you don't even need Sharingan to use it.

Things like this usually get explained in the manga.

Maddocks

Susanoo is based on the users chakra and their once having the MS. Itachi used susanoo without having his eyes even activated. He was blind in both eyes.

Sasuke was also walking around with susanno activated and he was in regular sharingan mode.

no need to explain it as it has pretty much been explained.

Sai

That hasn't really been stated.
Did it really have to be? There's no implication being made that Susanoō is something akin to a Bijū, or a summoning of a separate entity, or source of chakra. We've always been lead to believe that it is an extremely potent manifestation of the their own chakra by the way they have utilized it and consequently reacted to its use.

The shared appearances between the different ones such as Madara and Sasuke's final Susano wearing a robe and having shoulder armor in addition to the fact normal ninja don't have access to it kind of implies there's something more to it then that.

Madara used his without eyes so you don't even need Sharingan to use it.

Things like this usually get explained in the manga.
Madara already "awakened" the ability to invoke Susanoō, the change in his chakra had already been made. Susanoō isn't a technique with visual dependency, like Amaterasu or the ranged application of Kamui; its always sprung forth from the body's chakra. That's why Itachi could materialize it while the "light" of his eyes had completely diminished, why Sasuke could materialize it while he was still blindfolded, and why Madara could materialize it without eyes at all... That lack of dependency does make it odd that Susanoō in particular diminishes the Mangekyō Sharingan's "light" so quickly, though.

The change in appearance you spoke of is brought about by Susanoō's stabilization.

Just chalk it up as part of the Uchiha's inherent ability, their Kekkei Genkai, to materialize and manipulate their chakra in this manner once the conditions have been met. Just as the Rinnegan inherently possesses the Rikudō no Jutsu that all wielders have demonstrated in some manner... You're not expecting an explanation as to why these abilities are ingrained into the dojutsu either, are you? I wouldn't. You'd have to start questioning the vast majority of abilities that have found their inspiration from Japanese mythology.

There's no real "mystery" surrounding Susanoō anymore. One or two questionable contradictions, perhaps, but we know it's prerequisites, how it's invoked, and the trend it follows through its development.

... just wish Kishimoto didn't have Obito awaken one, even if he was influenced by Rikudō's chakra. :p

Madara already "awakened" the ability to invoke Susanoō, the change in his chakra had already been made. Susanoō isn't a technique with visual dependency, like Amaterasu or the ranged application of Kamui; its always sprung forth from the body's chakra. That's why Itachi could materialize it while the "light" of his eyes had completely diminished,

That's questionable. Itachi during his fight against Sasuke did not become blind all at once. If you remember, use of Amaterasu led to one of his eyes to turn Hyuuga white. It was mirrored later when the first use of Susanoo turned the other blind as well. It is implied, much like Amaterasu, that the technique needs to be used before the eye is completely gone. I mean, this is how the whole cliffhanger with Sasuke's kirin was designed around in the chapter. One of Itachi's eyes was gone and he's low on chakra. Sasuke about to use his finisher technique, but Itachi is looking at the sky at the electric dragon and has one of his eyes left. It was a deliberate lead in to Susanoo with the remaining Sharingan representing Itachi's last leg.

Also visual dependency shouldn't matter. Whenever someone uses Susanoo, blood spills out from their eyes from the use. The technique requires the Sharingan. A blind Sharingan user doesn't explain how someone with no eyes can use the technique. It's like someone summoning Kyuubi chakra without being a Kyuubi jinchuuriki.

Maybe the sharigan just awakens it. Then after that you can use it when you want, though a weaker version maybe? So there's hope for Kakashi :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom