• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man when the third Hokage tells Iruka that Minato's final wish was to his son to be recognized as a hero in the flashback, then Iruka starts to cry in the present after seen what he has become always gets me.

Off topic, but I'd never seen this fight: Naruto VS Konohamaru. Pretty well done I'd say. I'd love for an extension of the anime to do more match ups like this for the hell of it.
Man when the third Hokage tells Iruka that Minato's final wish was to his son to be recognized as a hero in the flashback, then Iruka starts to cry in the present after seen what he has become always gets me.

Same.

Big One

Banned
I never got into it because of the art.

But I need something to replace Naruto, so I'll give One Piece a shot again.

I'll only read 1 chapter a week, so by the time I catch up to the current chapter, the series
might actually be over. I recall Oda saying how One Piece is only at the halfway point
a couple years ago lol
I wouldn't do this, you'll be reading it for years if you do it this way.

One Piece isn't ending anytime soon and you'll get to the point if you're reading at a slow pace like that where you'll regret not reading more chapters anytime sooner.

Though to be fair One Piece chapters tend to be longer reads than Naruto and Bleach chapters, cause of more text and more things going on in the background.

Good luck regardless, it's definitely a huge commitment either way but it's not like Naruto wasn't either.

Off topic, but I'd never seen this fight: Naruto VS Konohamaru. Pretty well done I'd say. I'd love for an extension of the anime to do more match ups like this for the hell of it.

Same.

"Third Hokage, Fourth Hokage... there's a hero. Right in from your eyes''

Me

IMG_4662.JPG

Me inside

spiderman_crying.gif

I asked this before but, can we expect The Last to hit the US any earlier in subtitles during for a limited run? Have any other of the theatrical releases done this? Or are we just stuck waiting for Funi :/

I asked this before but, can we expect The Last to hit the US any earlier in subtitles during for a limited run? Have any other of the theatrical releases done this? Or are we just stuck waiting for Funi :/

You won't get subs until the Last comes out on Blu-Ray.

Until then, you'll just have to settle for summaries from people who've seen the movie and understand Japanese.

She didn't have to hit him though. Dude just got through finishing off one if the strongest people in the series, and immediately afterwards goes to TnJ two people at once, he's obviously exhausted. What if she just knocked him unconscious right there, completely ruining the mood.

But that's Sakura for you I guess.

She didn't have to hit him though. Dude just got through finishing off one if the strongest people in the series, and immediately afterwards goes to TnJ two people at once, he's obviously exhausted. What if she just knocked him unconscious right there, completely ruining the mood.

But that's Sakura for you I guess.

Maybe that was a healing...punch? ^_^U

Sai

That's questionable. Itachi during his fight against Sasuke did not become blind all at once. If you remember, use of Amaterasu led to one of his eyes to turn Hyuuga white. It was mirrored later when the first use of Susanoo turned the other blind as well. It is implied, much like Amaterasu, that the technique needs to be used before the eye is completely gone.
Nah. Itachi materialized his Susanoō twice during that battle. The first time, at least partially, was to protect himself against Kirin—that's what left both of his eyes blind, as you mentioned. The second was immediately after, when the "light" of both his eyes had already been completely diminished.

Also visual dependency shouldn't matter. Whenever someone uses Susanoo, blood spills out from their eyes from the use. The technique requires the Sharingan. A blind Sharingan user doesn't explain how someone with no eyes can use the technique. It's like someone summoning Kyuubi chakra without being a Kyuubi jinchuuriki.
Nobody's eyes have ever bled from using Susanoō, unless you're just using that as a way of describing how taxing the technique is on their eyes, then never mind.

All we've been told is that the Mangekyō Sharingan is necessary to awaken the technique. Despite how taxing Susanoō is on the eyes, it has no actual dependency upon them to be cast. Like I said before, it's kind of an oddity, a contradiction—I'd have preferred if Kishimoto never depicted Madara using the technique without his eyes, or at least not make Susanoō out to be so quick to diminish the Mangekyō Sharingan's "light".

That said, I'm not expecting him to go out of his way to explain why or how it happened, even in upcoming 4th Data Book.

Maybe the sharigan just awakens it. Then after that you can use it when you want
That's pretty much how it is.

didn't Sasuke's Susanoo fizzle out when he went blind?
Yes.
Sasuke wasn't completely blind at that point, his vision became a heavy blur at the worst.

And it's not because his vision suddenly worsened that he was unable to maintain Susanoō. It was the physical backlash from overexerting his dōryoku so much within a short time frame that caused his vision to fade, and his focus to waver, leading to Susanoō dissipating. We've already seen from Itachi, who we know was completely blind after protecting himself from Kirin, that Susanoō's usage isn't dependent upon how much "light" their Mangekyō Sharingan has.

Pein

Banned
I can't believe we're at the point where we need to argue about susanoo. Its just chakra given form.

Now what I wanna know is what jutsu do you guys think can break it? raikiri, nukite, FRS?

Maddocks

brute strength can beat susanoo. Shown a couple times breaking and whatnot. It might be a great shield, but the flaw is that if you are strong enough you can break through it.

Perfect susanoo probably doesn't have that weakness because its as big as a mountain.

When Juubi saw Naruto, he saw images of the separate Bijuu that had given him chakra. However, one of the images was Shukaku, who wasn't there to meet Naruto in the first place.

If Kishimoto never fixed that mistake, I wonder what sort of fan explanations would have spawned from that when in reality, it was just a careless error. There's a panel with Zabuza and he has a Konoha forehead protector. Perhaps this was to showcase that Zabuza used to be a Konoha Ninja?
no

I can't believe we're at the point where we need to argue about susanoo. Its just chakra given form.

That's fine that Susanoo is one of the most uninspired moves in the entire series. That's doesn't qualify as an explanation though.

Frog-fu

Banned
Regarding Sakura hitting Naruto
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/6e559dbab581e95026fa0f04eeb6081e/tumblr_inline_ndkag6cRBV1s8hdmh.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/3baaf589e3086042e5a6d85a580b94f2/tumblr_inline_ndkaddbqaQ1s8hdmh.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/6a6ef5812f5fbba2913a4b6484944d35/tumblr_inline_ndkae3vXYx1s8hdmh.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/37417b50f400eeae4800102aa405268f/tumblr_inline_ndkafdLSWf1s8hdmh.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/96daab0ae8210104f580ba7b6c704d7a/tumblr_inline_ndkam22o5h1s8hdmh.gif[/IMG]

It's a trope. Don't read too much into it.

I am a shonen anime watcher. Stuff like this didn't happen between Goku and Chichi. Matter of fact, it was the opposite.

Chichi hit Goku on a number of occasions before they got married, iirc.

Yado

So do people not get that Sakura punching Naruto is Kishi's juvenile idea of humour? Although it's probably evolved to show the nature of their friendship at this point, Naruto teases her and she hits him. It's not like she's handicapping him or breaking his legs before a fight.

Now what I wanna know is what jutsu do you guys think can break it? raikiri, nukite, FRS?

Pretty much any offensive jutsu shown after the first Susanoo reveal can break it. It was never that impeccable of Defense. I used to argue that Susanoo was better at offense than defense and people kept throwing hype at me, while I show feats. It was annoying.

Regarding Sakura hitting Naruto

It's a trope. Don't read too much into it.

Chichi hit Goku on a number of occasions before they got married, iirc.
She may have shot her head knife thing at him cause she was scared of being kidnnapped and then tried to fight him because he forgot about their promise but she never hit him out of his stupidity until DBZ when they were already married for several years and had a child together.
bulma did all the tsukomi shit back in dragon ball
also sakura is not tsundere like winrey and the other girls just putting that out there. rukia might be but sakura definitely is not.

Pretty much any offensive jutsu shown after the first Susanoo reveal can break it. It was never that impeccable of Defense. I used to argue that Susanoo was better at offense than defense and people kept throwing hype at me, while I show feats. It was annoying.

Come on, that's just BS. It's damn good at defence well beyond the first activation.

Sai

Thing is, people like to use examples of Susanoō being broken through while it was in its lesser stages. At the very least, Gaara thought that, based on his encounter with Sasuke at the Kage Summit, the partially materialized body of Madara's Susanoō couldn't be breached, and thus found a way to get around it with the sand at Madara's feet.

Each stage of Susanoō has suffered some kind of damage, it's not invincible, but the attacks its taken to accomplish that have progressively become much more powerful. Yondaime Raikage A's Raigyaku Suihei, the chop that breached the ribs of Sasuke's Susanoo—a similar attack used against Madara's slightly more developed ribcage had absolutely no effect.

The lower forms of Susanoo offer no defensive capabilities but the arms are meant for attacking. From then we cann understand that the jutsu is more offensive than defensive and the defense is pretty much a secondary effect (of being surrounded by chakea). Kabuto bite Itachi' arm clean of while he had Susanoo active.

If Susanoo was a perfect defense, why would Itachi need the Yata mirror? Why hype the mirror instead of the armor?

There's also no a single panel of a big attack, cloud of smoke and Susanoo standing victorious after it tanked an attack. It's always either gets wrecked, or cracked, or the person inside flies away. It always gets damage in some form. Even perfect Susanoo is not invulnerable as we see it destroyed from Kaguya's chakra arms and bone and damage from The the collision against Naruto' bijou bomb.

However in the offensive point or view, we see people jumping several tiers just because of the offensive capabilities or the jutsu. High speed arrows,mountain busting swords, vesartile chakra arms, flying capabilities, powerful projectiles. The jutsu is made of offense.

uh no, Sasuke does just that at the Kage Summit when he uses it to block the combined attack from Darui and the Sand Siblings. And then afterwards gloats that Susanoo is even better than Gaara's sand shield.

Sai

The lower forms of Susanoo offer no defensive capabilities but the arms are meant for attacking. From then we cann understand that the jutsu is more offensive than defensive and the defense is pretty much a secondary effect (of being surrounded by chakea). Kabuto bite Itachi' arm clean of while he had Susanoo active.

If Susanoo was a perfect defense, why would Itachi need the Yata mirror? Why hype the mirror instead of the armor?
Right, Itachi and Sasuke's Susanoō being armed with defensive items only serve to reinforce the view that using Susanoo's body as a means of protection isn't entirely absolute. I'm not trying to say that its body is a perfect measure of defense.

But that doesn't mean it's not a reliable defense either. It's saved these Uchiha's lives far too often to give that kind of an impression.

There's also no a single panel of a big attack, cloud of smoke and Susanoo standing victorious after it tanked an attack.
The combined offensive from Darui and the Sand Siblings against Sasuke's partially materialized Susanoō body. Madara protected himself from the Shinjū's Tenpenchii with a similar stage of his Susanoō.

It's not that Susanoō is primarily an offensive technique or defensive technique; both aspects level up along with its state of materialization.

Are people still cool putting spoiler tags for chapter impressions that are posted in the first 5-10 minutes of a release? I was casually browsing the thread last time and sort of had the chapter spoiled by the most immediate untagged reactions.

Again, I only mean this for the first three or four reaction posts just to act as a buffer for anyone who casually checks updates on the thread without knowing a chapter's out. Not everyone can catch it the second it's released :p And as we close in to the final three chapters ever, I really do want to make the most of them and go in blind.

Sai

Yeah, I don't speak up about it much in the ManGAF OT as some people really seem to take issue with spoiler tags making the thread look like a "censored FBI document" or something along those lines. But, I think it would be considerate of us to keep latest chapter discussion tagged for a few days, or until the next chapter's released at the most.

Kind of late in the game to be proposing that, I know. :p

Davedough

So where's the preferred manga page these days? There used to be a pretty reliable Wednesday release on things like MangaPanda if you could put up with their horrible translation. Where's everyone go for the latest Naruto? I needs 697!

So where's the preferred manga page these days? There used to be a pretty reliable Wednesday release on things like MangaPanda if you could put up with their horrible translation. Where's everyone go for the latest Naruto? I needs 697!
It's not a website thing, Naruto has just moved to Thursdays lately except for the occasional wednesday. Something about them cracking down on piracy and somehow this helps lol.

So any site is fine though obviously the best translation is Viz but it comes so late.

Yeah, I don't speak up about it much in the ManGAF OT as some people really seem to take issue with spoiler tags making the thread look like a "censored FBI document" or something along those lines. But, I think it would be considerate of us to keep latest chapter discussion tagged for a few days, or until the next chapter's released at the most.

Kind of late in the game to be proposing that, I know. :p

I don't think it's too late to propose that at all. I mean how often does a shonen of this status end? I don't think it's asking to much for courtesy spoiler tags on the quickest reaction posts. After all, I check this thread for updates on when the chapters are out and the last thing I want to read is "it's about time Naruto won!!" before even reading it myself.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shouldn't Sage mode technically beat out kurama mode since Sage mode harnesses the power of nature whereas kurama mode harnesses the power of kurama? Sage mode has no limits since it draws energy from all sources, not just one person, or even just from life. It's just that it takes time to enter sage mode and more time to gather energy from external sources than it does from yourself (or your bijuu).

Though I guess Kurama seems to have an affinity for senjutsu himself, too. (Though this may be Naruto acting through kurama).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom