• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

I was thinking, if Sasuke absorbed natural chakra from Naruto, won't he turn into stone before getting to Naruto?

Kurama said it was his own chakra, not natural energy. The chakra bubble in Sasuke's arm also resembles Naruto when he's using tailed beast chakra (like on the page he blocks amaterasu).

Apath

I was thinking, if Sasuke absorbed natural chakra from Naruto, won't he turn into stone before getting to Naruto?
Guess that means the nine-tails wasn't actually absorbing natural energy like he claimed and was actually just about to do it.
Kurama said it was his own chakra, not natural energy. The chakra bubble in Sasuke's arm also resembles Naruto when he's using tailed beast chakra (like on the page he blocks amaterasu).
Damn you're right. I just assumed it was natural energy because of how he was sitting.

Maddocks

Damn fine chapter, really fine. Full blown fight. Lasted a full day. Beautiful.

Wonder what naruto uses next to avoid the chidori. I assume because we can't see his hands he has something secret waiting for Sasuke at the last minute. I really don't know how naruto is gong to bring Sasuke back from his path.

Why was Sasuke surprised he could absorb the 9 tails chakra when he did it already? Figured he would know he could absorb it when he's point blank touching the seal.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Damn fine chapter, really fine. Full blown fight. Lasted a full day. Beautiful.

Wonder what naruto uses next to avoid the chidori. I assume because we can't see his hands he has something secret waiting for Sasuke at the last minute. I really don't know how naruto is gong to bring Sasuke back from his path.

Why was Sasuke surprised he could absorb the 9 tails chakra when he did it already? Figured he would know he could absorb it when he's point blank touching the seal.

As someone said earlier in this thread, Naruto is going to "block" the attack with his right hand (or rather, release the infinite tsukuyomi). Then, I kind of expect Naruto to grip down and pull out a rasengan like he did against Kabuto ("Until I become Hokage I'm not gonna die")

That, or it's a clone.

That, or Sakura somehow gets all the way to their battlefield and takes the attack, and Sasuke goes "OH NOS, WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!111" and uses the rinnegan to revive her.

Or, Naruto blocks the attack to release the infinite tsukuyomi and to show Sasuke that the world is united behind him, and that there's no need to go into the darkness anymore. Not Talk no Jutsu, but Show no Jutsu

Maddocks

As someone said earlier in this thread, Naruto is going to "block" the attack with his right hand (or rather, release the infinite tsukuyomi). Then, I kind of expect Naruto to grip down and pull out a rasengan like he did against Kabuto ("Until I become Hokage I'm not gonna die")

That, or it's a clone.

That, or Sakura somehow gets all the way to their battlefield and takes the attack, and Sasuke goes "OH NOS, WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!111" and uses the rinnegan to revive her.

Or, Naruto blocks the attack to release the infinite tsukuyomi and to show Sasuke that the world is united behind him, and that there's no need to go into the darkness anymore. Not Talk no Jutsu, but Show no Jutsu

Sacrifices his hand/arm to release everyone. I like it. Something naruto would do for everyone.

GaimeGuy

So Sasuke just suddenly learned preta path? lol if he had learned it a few moments earlier he could've absorbed that big clash.

He could also at least momentarily put Naruto in a genjutsu. Naruto has Kurama, so breaking a genjutsu is trivial, but even if it's just for a split second, that should be all Sasuke needs to pull off a fatal strike.

Naruto has been nerfed, sasuke has been buffed, and sasuke is also fighting stupid (but then again, he's been fighting stupid ever since he killed Itachi)

tumblr_inline_ndwlh3QGjo1qah0cz.jpg

Shit Naruto look behind you..... there is a Sauce on the loose

GaimeGuy

You know I actually hope it's a clone just for Naruto can tell Sasuke that he trust his eyes too much or something.

It really would be amazing if a perfectly clean, calm, and unscathed Naruto showed up (maybe even from underground, using Kakashi's trick), and then the bloodied, panting, defeated "corpse" of naruto that sasuke was fighting went *poof*

It's not as though it would mean Naruto would be full of chakra, though - but he'd be uninjured, aside from the fatigue. Which would give him enough of an advantage when both are drained.

(At this point Naruto can probably give as much or as little of his chakra to an individual clone as he wants. He could probably give 99.99999999% of his chakra to a clone, allowing him to basically fight at full strength in a fight to the death, and lose, but not die).

It really would be amazing if a perfectly clean, calm, and unscathed Naruto showed up (maybe even from underground, using Kakashi's trick), and then the bloodied, panting, defeated "corpse" of naruto that sasuke was fighting went *poof*

It would work so well because of everything Sasuke told Naruto in the last chapter about the clone jutsu.

Yep, Naruto's hands are forearm deep into the water, he be schemin'. The world's most unpredictable ninja is about to end this shit next week.

I'm downright giddy to see what Studio Perriot is going to pull off with this fight. I can imagine it will be a 90-minute three-parter. I hope they'd assign a key animator per episode and do this send off right.

Frog-fu

Banned
I think the way they changed Sakura's proportions was silly too, but lets not jump to ridiculous conclusions. I'm sure Kishimoto was responsible for designing that Hinata as well.

The thing is, we got Kishimoto's sketches for Sakura first and they don't match what Studio Pierrot put out. The fact Hinata has a nearly identical design to the original design intended for Sakura is suspect, even if Hinata was always intended to have similar design (though Kishimoto wrote that she was more conservation in style).

Just look at the comparison between the sketch and the movie.
Code:
[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/f543dc38ddc7f5d1aa4a27f09749a181/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo1_400.png[/IMG][IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/a43da5d50a21e169682b58384beb9002/tumblr_ndf1y8yTRt1rb8dpoo2_400.png[/IMG]

Uh, who cares? There is not some anti-Sakura conspiracy going on here. Do you think the guys there sit down and go "Well shit, Kishi has made Sakura look too good in the concept art! Better make our main girl HINATA take some of her sex appeal to make sure Naruto ends up with HER"?

Actually, the anime would suggest Studio Pierrot do heavily favour Hinata over Sakura, or at the very least that they can't be bothered much with Sakura. It's been noticeable for years. Just search for comparisons. I found all this in a minute, and it's the tip of the iceberg.
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/1c89140879c479dc0a72b2a9866253e5/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/4ae263350303b64898e75da1879dd9a9/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko2_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/7479ca7a854b9c30f6ed050909647ae6/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko3_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/85d2db14efc2e56e1d8e228efadf3345/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko4_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/7cd18524d4593cb498fdeb6faadb0a29/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko7_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/317a08b0a8ef7c97584228b64cb6f839/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko10_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/a70808b6de264e9b3a964e0786a39408/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko5_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/987c2543c91efb1aecd58e0e30cf71d2/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko6_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/7a80768b2fde5d42d556fc90b72b0c73/tumblr_ndg8epYdtW1tery9ko8_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10363952_720919521310892_4616465916205476659_n.jpg?oh=f2c5e906815d332574f4fa2e879a7439&oe=54E47C71&__gda__=1421371340_c215e0e22f1a7c10dfa023b60a3750f2[/IMG]

I found this post to pretty much it the nail on the head.
An anon asked me to give a comparison of Sakura’s anime design to her manga design. I tried to answer their question directly in the message, but for some reason my pictures won’t upload on there, so I’ll just make it a separate post here.

Anon message: Ooh please, cna you do an manga/anime comparison about sakura please *puppy eyes* I’m very interested now! :)

If we’re talking overall character, I could go on for days because the anime put Sakura in a stupid tsundere box and refuses to take her out of it. But I’ll be nice and show the differences in her design I guess. It’ll only prove even more how much I cannot let the little things go but the more I talk about it, the more likely I am to get over it sooner I think. So here, I decided to draw it all from memory because I really didn’t feel like searching for manga panels/anime shots. Keep in mind it won’t be 100 accurate, only because I can’t completely copy Kishimoto’s style, but the differences will be noticeable.

Starting with my most hated feature, her hair and face;
tumblr_inline_ndf2qbch5M1qkvs2y.jpg

Anime: They tend to elongate her face a lot, and make her hair very flat except for these spiky ends that aren’t very flattering. The collar of her shirt is also a little too high sometimes. Though sometimes they do get it right.

Manga; Her hair is a bit shorter and more layered in the beginning of shippuden, giving it a more spunky look. Her facial features are also a lot more delicate.

Bonus;
tumblr_inline_ndf2rhWKH31qkvs2y.jpg

She’s mad because she knows that the anime will probably not even bother to change her hair into it’s most recent style, ala above. Which is a shame, because I personally think her hair looks the prettiest and most natural here. But I’m willing to bet money the anime keeps that spiky mess. I hope not though.

Now for her outfit;
tumblr_inline_ndf2vjHAVO1qkvs2y.jpg

Anime; They slimmed her down a lot, to the point where her body is even less developed then when she was 12/13 (seriously anime??). Her shirt is less form fitting, which makes it even worse. They lengthened the skirt for some reason, but made it shorter than her biker shorts. It isn’t flattering at all though, and only makes her look more narrow. Her arm sleeves are also bulky and longer.

Manga. Her shirt looks to be made of thicker material because of all of the folds, and is more form fitting and longer. Her arm sleeves are tighter. Her skirt is shorter and flared out, and is longer than her shorts. It accentuates her form a lot more, and while Sakura isn’t the most full figured girl out there, she still has pretty wide hips.

Hope this cleared up some stuff for you, anon. Here’s to hoping they get her right in this last movie.

There really is no denying that Studio Pierrot consistently fuck up when it comes to Sakura, and there is plenty of there to suggest they heavily favour Hinata to the point their bias is reflected in their work.

Pein

Banned
explain how she got one of the best animated fights in the series then?

she's also a big part in a lot of the movies where she could easily be written out.

Frog-fu

Banned

she's also a big part in a lot of the movies where she could easily be written out.

She rarely gets time to shine, though those moments are far and between. A lot of animators work for SP, some might favour her, some might not care and just want to animate a bad ass fight, and in some instance (like early in Shippūden) fan anticipation was high for badass sequences, but when it comes down it, as a whole, the studio doesn't seem to handle her favourably at all.

Sakura is too popular to be written out of any of the films entirely, though she had very little to do in them since the Part I movies.

Lets not forget that so far the two movies hinata has been in as a somewhat protagonist, the second shippuden movie, and RTN, she was in the movie for like 10 minutes, and shes in only a few filler arcs.
Again personally sakura is my fourth least favorite character after sasuke, orochimaru, and kabuto so im biased but frog stop complaining about studio pierott its getting irritating. We get it youre a giant sakura fanboy but these things happen. Hell im pissed that the hand hold animation was pretty bland compared to the confession but im not complaining. Theres no secret favoritism, if there is kishimotos behind it since sakura was originally written as a girl who wasnt cute and was added last minute along with sasuke cause his editor advised him too while Hinata originally seemed to be more important and had a much less conservative design. The reason hinata is dressing less conservative in the new movie is cause shes finally coming out of her shell. My theory is cause naruto and her have been dating for a while but thats mainly my NH coming out.

GaimeGuy

Frog-fu:

Sakura hasn't been more popular than Hinata among the manga readers in like 10 years. And the popularity gap is like 1000x bigger for the anime viewers. Never mind the international audience.

While it's no secret that Hinata is the animation team's favorite character, if you compare the panels, you'll see that the designs of the other characters (like Shikamaru) are off, too. And in my opinion, studio pierot completely screwed up the naru-hina moment after Neji's death. In the anime, she lightly presses her hand against his face and comforts him . In the manga, the impression I always had was that she gave him a big "snap the fuck out of it" slap to the face when Naruto almost forsook himself and everything he stood for, and her speech was her putting "The hell are you doing? Don't stop being the man I love and admire, you dumbass" slap into words.

So no, it's not a case of the animation team deliberately trying to sabotage Sakura - it's the case of a studio churning out cheap episode after episode, week after week, month after month, year after year, with maybe one out of every 2 dozen episodes getting special animation treatment (but not for the whole episode)

It won't happen but it would be cool if Naruto whipped out a new jutsu called the "Naruto Uzumaki Fuck You no Justu Mother fucker" and sonned him.

Welfare

This is why the fight makes little sense. Hagoromo couldn't beat Kaguya on his own, but naruto seemed to be handling her well. Which suggests that he was more powerful than hthe sage. And last chapter Kurama was like "This isn't good. It's like we're up against the old man himself"

Viz cleared that up. Kurama was referring to Sasuke being able to make his Susanoo into a Gedu-Mouza. Sauce is not near Hagoromo.

The thing is, we got Kishimoto's sketches for Sakura first and they don't match what Studio Pierrot put out. The fact Hinata has a nearly identical design to the original design intended for Sakura is suspect, even if he Hinata was always intended to have similar design. (though Kishimoto wrote that she was more conservation in style).

[/CODE]

There really is no denying that Studio Pierrot consistently fuck up when it comes to Sakura, and there is plenty of there to suggest they heavily favour Hinata to the point their bias is reflected in their work.
Dude, I like reading your posts when it comes to plot/logic discussion in the Naruverese, but this shit right here is ridiculous. You don't seriously believe that Studio Pierrot is deliberately delegating time to specifically downgrade Sakura, do you?

Here are some quick animation studio facts. It's a team of 25-30 different animators adapting to the style. Meaning not everybody will get it right. Add varying animation directors on top of that, and you have more variability. The episodes are animated in what ranges from a week to a month depending on time and budget allocated. You see where I'm going here? There's no room or time for a conspiracy to make Sakura look shit. I like how you ignore how the characters around Sakura are also altered vs their manga counterparts, yet SP has a specific vendetta against Sakura (take the pic with Sai in it, it's an entirely different pose!). Trust me, I work in animation. I've met with animators from Studio Mir and have heard first hand what kind of schedules these kind of people and studios keep, and to think they have time for this conspiracy stuff is laughable.

Apath

The thing is, we got Kishimoto's sketches for Sakura first and they don't match what Studio Pierrot put out. The fact Hinata has a nearly identical design to the original design intended for Sakura is suspect, even if he Hinata was always intended to have similar design. (though Kishimoto wrote that she was more conservation in style).

Actually, the anime would suggest Studio Pierrot do heavily favour Hinata over Sakura, or at the very least that they can't be bothered much with Sakura. It's been noticeable for years. Just search for comparisons. I found all this in a minute, and it's the tip of the iceberg.

tJaBJjl.gif

Frog-fu

Banned
Frog-fu:

Sakura hasn't been more popular than Hinata among the manga readers in like 10 years. And the popularity gap is like 1000x bigger for the anime viewers. Never mind the international audience.

While it's no secret that Hinata is the animation team's favorite character, if you compare the panels, you'll see that the designs of the other characters (like Shikamaru) are off, too. And in my opinion, studio pierot completely screwed up the naru-hina moment after Neji's death. In the anime, she lightly presses her hand against his face and comforts him . In the manga, the impression I always had was that she gave him a big "snap the fuck out of it" slap to the face when Naruto almost forsook himself and everything he stood for, and her speech was her putting "The hell are you doing? Don't stop being the man I love and admire, you dumbass" slap into words.

So no, it's not a case of the animation team deliberately trying to sabotage Sakura - it's the case of a studio churning out cheap episode after episode, week after week, month after month, year after year, with maybe one out of every 2 dozen episodes getting special animation treatment (but not for the whole episode)

I wouldn't put much stock into popularity polls considering Iruka consistently places high on that list mainly due to the fact KakaIru is, by far, the biggest ship in Japan.

Regardless of popularity, it is no excuse for the fact Sakura actually, on a consistent basis, does not resemble her manga counterpart. I urge you to go over that blog post posted that makes compelling argument.

Dude, I like reading your posts when it comes to plot/logic discussion in the Naruverese, but this shit right here is ridiculous. You don't seriously believe that Studio Pierrot is deliberately delegating time to specifically downgrade Sakura, do you?

Here are some quick animation studio facts. It's a team of 25-30 different animators adapting to the style. Meaning not everybody will get it right. Add varying animation directors on top of that, and you have more variability. The episodes are animated in what ranges from a week to a month depending on time and budget allocated. You see where I'm going here? There's no room or time for a conspiracy to make Sakura look shit. I like how you ignore how the characters around Sakura are also altered vs their manga counterparts, yet SP has a specific vendetta against Sakura (take the pic with Sai in it, it's an entirely different pose!). Trust me, I work in animation. I've met with animators from Studio Mir and have heard first hand what kind of schedules these kind of people and studios keep, and to think they have time for this conspiracy stuff is laughable.

I appreciate animation production is a significant undertaking, that being said, it's not so much conspiracy as a general "I don't give a fuck about this character" type of deal where the bare minimum will suffice, whereas characters like Hinata (amongst others, which include Kakashi, who has had more well-animated fights that the titular character). The consistent lack of quality is undeniable. It's literally right there in front of you. When is the last Sakura actually resembled her manga counterpart? I can't quite remember. Even in the movie she looks like a 12 year old. Are you going to argue that the change in design and the fact she looks like a preteen isn't curious at all?

Aside from wanting to come across as a dismissive dickhead, do you actually have a comment whatsoever, or can I just go ahead and put you on my ignore list?

Apath

Aside from wanting to come across as a dismissive dickhead, do you actually have a comment whatsoever, or can I just go ahead and put you on my ignore list?
You can go ahead and put me on ignore. The idea that there is a conspiracy around who Naruto ends up with is beyond my comprehension.

Frog-fu

Banned
You can go ahead and put me on ignore. The idea that there is a conspiracy around who Naruto ends up with is beyond my comprehension.

Not a conspiracy. Just a general lack of care. But you've already demonstrated that my attempt to respond to you in good faith was pointless so I don't expected you to actually read my posts.

I think that's just a case of knowing One Piece is bee's knees and that people will watch, no matter what.

Toei wins either way... little effort and still they get cash

they're new victims is the playable picture book I mean animation of World Trigger

Just look at it.... they didn't even bother with movements :/

Apath

Wait theres an ignore button? Does that block me seeing people posts?
Yes. You just see that the person posted and the option to view their post.

I think the only person I have on ignore is DTL, and that's because I got tired of seeing their post, not realizing it's them, and looking up the manga posted. I don't think there was a time it was not a yaoi manga.

Wait theres an ignore button? Does that block me seeing people posts?

Yep, that it does.

And seeing some of these recent posts...wouldn't blame people for taking advantage of the feature. It's getting kinda silly over one movie image and some character sheets.

Anyhow, completely expecting the troll from Naruto and Sauce has been brawling with a clone this whole time.

360pages

I really do think they are just shit animators. A lot of this can also be seen when Choji gets serious and the facial expressions overall are a lot softer in the anime than in the Manga. Sasuke is also has a big problem with this.

That and they don't give a shit. Honestly, I wouldn't mind CC2 redoing the entire Naruto series in their 3d animation, it would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom