• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, the aftermath was great. Just it felt like there wasn't enough build up to that last attack. It just came and went so quickly.
I agree, but it's literally like a 5-7 part thing, and they are supposively fighting all day until the sun goes down. I think the anime will make it just as long as part one episodes 130-135.

They really had a nice fisty-cuffs moment there. And Naruto's upper-cut landed Sasuke in a mountain. Naruto also tripped with a Rasengan, and Sauce stole chakra from him, while Naruto just powered up another Rasengan lol...If animated well, it should show a nicer build-up and both having some stellar moments while giving Naruto the edge.

I feel like in reading a bunch of sarcastic posts, but Im not sure.

This series has in no way, shape or form established anything but an abusive relationship between these characters.

Pretend it's Ino.

The scene becomes that much more hotter.
I dunno im not into gore...
The series wouldve been so much better if Ino were the female protagonist. Have sasusaku still be a thing but make Ino a friend to both sasuke and Naruto with no weird love circles.

KiboSenshi

Neo Member
qpvWtKz.jpg

Would not have been surprised.

I feel like in reading a bunch of sarcastic posts, but Im not sure.

This series has in no way, shape or form established anything but an abusive relationship between these characters.
meh...I think part 2 just didn't build on part 1 well. if you watch this ending directly after part 1, the feels would be there.

Also, it's possible to be connected to someone without having a bunch of buddy/buddy moments. In fact, the manga consistently implies high level shinobi can read each other's hearts when they clash.

-_-

It's lame without the footage to back it up, but it doesn't really get deeper than that.

Part 2, just never shows Sasuke being in this state of mind, and also doesn't show him battling his insanity and unstable personality well. He just seems to be dismissive of Naruto altogether, throwing what happened in part 1 down the drain. His obsession with Itachi was just overdone. Sasuke should have been a conflicted mess. Missing Naruto and team 7, but hating them for reminding them of what he loss (family) and still being jealous of Naruto, especially after he defeated Pain.

Kish just messed up with development...but it's still awesome IMO.

orochi91

I dunno im not into gore...
The series wouldve been so much better if Ino were the female protagonist. Have sasusaku still be a thing but make Ino a friend to both sasuke and Naruto with no weird love circles.

I dunno man, Ino was craving the Uchiha d*** just as hard as Sakura. No way would that have made the situation any better.

That's one manga that has also jumped the shark and become a complete and utter bore. Time for Oda to wrap it up and move onto something different.

Shit out of luck, cuz Oda said we've only reached the halfway point a couple years back.

Look forward to One Piece ending in 2025 :'D

Shit out of luck, cuz Oda said we've only reached the halfway point a couple years back.

Look forward to One Piece ending in 2025 :'D

I dunno man, Ino was craving the Uchiha d*** just as hard as Sakura. No way would that have made the situation any better.
You got us mixed up lol. But at least Ino is a lot more interesting then sakura. Sakura is so out of place in the group and they never do anything about it. Have sakura get angry about having this messed up fucked up life surrounded by important people. have her get angry about having a fucked up life just because she had to be teamed up with the two most important people in the world.

It weird how Itachi went from being a hated to character to the Best unchiha. He is aslo in mine best list, With gai , Kill bee Kakashi,.

Well I don't like Itachi, I liked him when he was evil.

Not a fan Kishi's goldenboy characters *cough* Minato *cough*. Well Minato did get knocked down to size during the war so he's a little better now.

Heroman

Banned
meh...I think part 2 just didn't build on part 1 well. if you watch this ending directly after part 1, the feels would be there.

Also, it's possible to be connected to someone without having a bunch of buddy/buddy moments. In fact, the manga consistently implies high level shinobi can read each other's hearts when they clash.

-_-

It's lame without the footage to back it up, but it doesn't really get deeper than that.

Part 2, just never shows Sasuke being in this state of mind, and also doesn't show him battling his insanity and unstable personality well. He just seems to be dismissive of Naruto altogether, throwing what happened in part 1 down the drain. His obsession with Itachi was just overdone. Sasuke should have been a conflicted mess. Missing Naruto and team 7, but hating them for reminding them of what he loss (family) and still being jealous of Naruto, especially after he defeated Pain.

Kish just messed up with development...but it's still awesome IMO.

Even in part one Nartuo and saskue don't spent that much time together to get that BBf affect. Which make there "friendship" in part 2 so bad.

Man I really hope the anime does this fight/ending justice.

Part 2 has been so hit and miss, but if you just skip all the b/s episodes and filler, it will make for a nice collection of episodes to sit alongside the first 135. Garra Arc/Asume Arc/Deidara fight/Jiraiya fight/Danzo fight/Minato and Kushina moments/Hinata Confessions episode.

Still a lot of awesome to pick from in part 2. Would be nice if it ended up high quality anime at the end.

Frog-fu

Banned
My bad.

I meant the anime's Swagbito.

Anime Obito is above and beyond manga Obito.

In the anime, he has gravitas and a menacing presence.

In the manga, not so much :/

The only difference is that enough time has passed for people to stop being butt hurt over the fact they overthought the obvious and their theories about [insert random Uchiha name] didn't come true.

Well I don't like Itachi, I liked him when he was evil.

Not a fan Kishi's goldenboy characters *cough* Minato *cough*. Well Minato did get knocked down to size during the war so he's a little better now.
Is it bad that I wish Minato hadnt turned out to be Narutos dad? like I wish narutos heritage wasnt anything special and the fourth just found a random baby in the debris and used him as the vassal.

Even in part one Nartuo and saskue don't spent that much time together to get that BBf affect. Which make there "friendship" in part 2 so bad.
I agree, but it's not as bad as people are making it seem. Why wouldn't people get close to each after saving each other's live so much? And remember, in 130-135, it's stated they've always been too proud to talk to each other, but happy someone else was out there like them.

It's a very decent build up in part 1. Part 2 just smashes it to hell.

orochi91

The only difference is that enough time has passed for people to stop being butt hurt over the fact they overthought the obvious and their theories about [insert random Uchiha name] didn't come true.

I knew it was Obito the day Tobi was revealed.

It was a gut-feeling, but it felt right.

Is there a GAF thread for the Obito reveal when the mask came off?

Is it bad that I wish Minato hadnt turned out to be Narutos dad? like I wish narutos heritage wasnt anything special and the fourth just found a random baby in the debris and used him as the vassal.
that would have been better yet. Naruto's "clumsy idiot" theme pretty much went out the window as he got more and more stronger. Would have like to see his reckless style more dedicated. He did stay true to using simple jutsu though. Still rocking the shadow clone to the end.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I agree, but it's not as bad as people are making it seem. Why wouldn't people get close to each after saving each other's live so much? And remember, in 130-135, it's stated they've always been too proud to talk to each other, but happy someone else was out there like them.

Decent sure, but nowhere near enough to justify what we just got. Part one would have needed at least two more arcs of them working together to justify this. Then you've got part two which just shat on everything in the latter parts.

Everyone knew it was Obito, it was like the safest bet ever made.

rrc1594

that would have been better yet. Naruto's "clumsy idiot" theme pretty much went out the window as he got more and more stronger. Would have like to see his reckless style more dedicated. He did stay true to using simple jutsu though. Still rocking the shadow clone to the end.

isn't shadow clone jutsu forbidden tho

Getting Acknowledged by everyone in the village: Check
Save Sasuke: Check
Become Hokage: Coming Soon

Make your dreams come true Naruto. Believe it!

At one point, it felt as if half the internet thought it was Izuna Uchiha.

Good times.

Good times.

Everyone called Tobi being Obito the second the character was introduced, no one just wanted to believe that Kishi would go for something THAT damn obvious.

And that's we how get theories like Tobi being future Sasuke

I really want to see two edits for this chapter:

1. the 'Toasty' from Mortal Kombat in one panel after 'Dat Uppercut'

2. Final panel edited with a crosswalk\tiretracks, Seo style.

orochi91

Everyone called Tobi being Obito the second the character was introduced, no one just wanted to believe that Kishi would go for something THAT damn obvious.

And that's we how get theories like Tobi being future Sasuke

I remember the broken hearts the day his identity was revealed.

I'd love to go back in time and see it unfold again lol

Also you can feel the hate in every punch.

Yup.

That Kakashi vs. Obito fight in the other dimension was great because of the
hateful/pained expressions Obito had throughout the fight.

Anime team deserves a raise.

I remember the broken hearts the day his identity was revealed.

I'd love to go back in time and see it unfold again lol
I was mad about it honestly and just ugh I hated that it was obito cause obito was such a cool guy and to think that the reason that he became nuts is because his not girlfriend died really ruined his character.

Heroman

Banned

When you compare them to other best friend they dont match up. You cant just have I save you a bunch of times , there needs to be more. And that we are to proud to talk to each other thing was BS.

Frog-fu

Banned

I wasn't on GAF then but I imagine the meltdowns and unearned outrage were palpable. Honestly, the Naruto fandom is by far the worst fandom I've ever been apart of and I certainly won't miss that aspect of Naruto at all once it is well and truly done.

orochi91

I was mad about it honestly and just ugh I hated that it was obito cause obito was such a cool guy and to think that the reason that he became nuts is because his not girlfriend died really ruined his character.

I can attest to that shock and disappointment.

A friend, who I read the chapter with, got pissed at the revelation and punched me hard in the shoulder and stormed out the room.

I still laugh at him to this day :3

orochi91

Well, the author inadvertently spoiled that reveal, but here's how NeoGAF reacted to the actual unmaking.

LOL at Rebel Leader's meltdown. This is amazing:

BV1VX.gif

Yea, not gonna lie, it didn't make sense at first. The way Kishi presented that chapter,
with no dialogue, was certainly a unique approach.

But it left people with no immediate answers for weeks after that, hence the hatedom
for poor Obito.

brah Sasuke should marry into the Hyuga too

just make the hyuga into the most OP clan there is

Edit: Just inject Senju DNA into all of them for good measure

we are talking about a CLAN of NinjaKamis here

He's like the biggest dumbass in the manga.
"Hmmm what if I obviously favor one of my children and give him all my powers that should be fine....well that didnt work out."

"Ok this time I got it right ill give both of them my powers split! Here you go megalomaniac who wants to take over the world, heres the much more usful ability...oh and the other one gets balls or something."

"Well....that didnt work either...."

Frog-fu

Banned
brah Sasuke should marry into the Hyuga too

just make the hyuga into the most OP clan there is

Edit: Just inject Senju DNA into all of them for good measure

we are talking about a CLAN of NinjaKamis here

He's already got the Sharingan/Rinnegan. Even his kid inherits only the Sharingan, it is still vastly superior to the Byakugan. If he had a kid with Karin though, that monster will have godlike stamina and the potential to use chakra chains, and I can't help but think Amaterasu + chakra chains = OP as shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom