• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Banned
I'd kill to see it just for laughs. Naruto would just create a clone then go take a nap and wake up a jonin. I've mentioned it before but I also want to see naruto as a sensei with his own class and sakura and sasuke having a class as well. So much potential lulz to explore.

that would be dope, but keep it at a small scale that centers around the students like the chuunin exams. Thing like Sasuke getting shook by rock lee were classic moments.

I'd kill to see it just for laughs. Naruto would just create a clone then go take a nap and wake up a jonin. I've mentioned it before but I also want to see naruto as a sensei with his own class and sakura and sasuke having a class as well. So much potential lulz to explore.

He had a second exam in the OVA's, he was disqualified for breaking the rules for his match. Had he not, he would have been promoted. He was too busy arguing with Konohamaru that he didn't pay attention to what was important.

Victory in a match up is not what the judges look for, they look for your ability to lead. This is why Shikamaru was promoted after all.

There's still the possibility that a new role is created that is ABOVE Kage. Someone who is in charge of all villages, everything goes through that person and any time there is conflict with any of the villages that person has to resolve it. What if that's given to Naruto. Maybe even Naruto and Sasuke. That would be cool imo. I mean I still have a soft spot for seeing the kids face on the cliff and have him standing there overlooking the leaf village but I'll take what I can get.

He had a second exam in the OVA's, he was disqualified for breaking the rules for his match. Had he not, he would have been promoted. He was too busy arguing with Konohamaru that he didn't pay attention to what was important.

Victory in a match up is not what the judges look for, they look for your ability to lead. This is why Shikamaru was promoted after all.
that entire OVA was super silly lol.

the whole fact that his clones are stronger than just about everyone is hilarious when you think about it. Why have teams? Naruto clones can clear all ninja missions. Shinobi reform will consist of every shinobi becoming a clone of naruto. Or every person will have their own like in iRobot. A Clone for all.

Pein

Banned
There's still the possibility that a new role is created that is ABOVE Kage. Someone who is in charge of all villages, everything goes through that person and any time there is conflict with any of the villages that person has to resolve it. What if that's given to Naruto. Maybe even Naruto and Sasuke. That would be cool imo. I mean I still have a soft spot for seeing the kids face on the cliff and have him standing there overlooking the leaf village but I'll take what I can get.

that entire OVA was super silly lol.

I don't like the idea of that at all, the villages need to operate on their own but also work together. No one should be above the kages.

That ova was great.

One of my fave panels in the entire manga from this chapter:

PmX8wq0.png

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto should've been made chūnin after the first exam. He beat his opponent, cleared an A-rank mission in the midst of war (saving Sasuke), beat Gaara, suppressed the Ichibi jinchūriki and saved his team/village in the process.

I never bought the nonsense of him not being promoted because he lacked leadership abilities or whatever. Hardly any of the chūnin we see are ever put in leadership positions.

When have we ever seen Kakashi conduct politics? People speak well of him, and that's about it. After the war, who in their right minds will oppose Naruto, and if they do, given the fact Naruto has redeemed and made allies out of the worst kind of sinners in the world, what makes you think he can't manoeuvre through politics? If Hashirama could do it, then there is no reason Naruto can't. Also, I'd like to see anyone lie to him when he can sense their intentions if they're evil. Of course he'd also have advisers to help him learn on the job, much like I imagine Hiruzen and Tsunade (and Kakashi).

Naruto has led more people in the war than Kakashi has considering he was leading the entire army at various points. Also, at the risk of repeating myself from earlier posts, Naruto is evidently a natural leader that people believe in, and he's learned from Itachi that he can't do everything by himself so I doubt he would try.

I don't disagree Naruto needs to hold a rank that reflects his value, but like I said in an early post, more so than Naruto waiting a few year to become Hokage, my issue lies mainly with Kakashi becoming Hokage in the meantime.

Easy: Kakashi was promoted to general. A general is a political rank, who deals far more with logistics then actual strategy. We also have some what, 17 or so years of being a jounin to factor in here, most of which we don't see.

Naruto has charisma, and can rally folks, but hes not yet shown he can maintain the cool head and long term strategy that a Hokage would need to deal with. He thinks on his feet, to great results, and yeah, is a great diplomat, but hes still too hot headed, and too green, to entrust the defense of an entire nation to.

But out there, as a chunin/jounin? He can do a ton of good, and grow as an officer, until such time as they are willing to entrust the entire nation to him. No one sane would hand the keys to the kingdom to a 17 year old grunt.

Not to say he would be a bad Hokage, but Kakashi would undobtably be a good one and it'd be a more efficient use of resources to have him as Hokage while Naruto and Shikimaru are out doing whatever.

Frog, you say you want to see the series continue, but then you say making Kakashi the hokage before Naruto is a cop out so they can extend the story and make more money. (Was that you who said that?). If you're saying extending the series in general rather than just showing a timeskip with Naruto as hokage would be milking, then, I mean, i'm not going to make a big deal about that.

If you're saying that kishi made Kakashi hokage AS a cop out reason to have an excuse to extend the series, then no. That's just wrong. Kakashi being hokage after the war is just a natural progression of the story. It just makes more sense within the plot itself for Kakashi to be hokage at this point rather than Naruto.

Naruto should've been made chūnin after the first exam. He beat his opponent, cleared an A-rank mission in the midst of war (saving Sasuke), beat Gaara, suppressed the Ichibi jinchūriki and saved his team/village in the process.

I never bought the nonsense of him not being promoted because he lacked leadership abilities or whatever. Hardly any of the chūnin we see are ever put in leadership positions.

To be fair, we don't see 99% of what they do outside the missions naruto was directly involved in.

And the exams aren't about beating your opponent, it's not what they are looking for. Anyone can be strong, but not everyone is someone you want to put others lives and your own security in their hands.

Frog-fu

Banned
Easy: Kakashi was promoted to general. A general is a political rank, who deals far more with logistics then actual strategy. We also have some what, 17 or so years of being a jounin to factor in here, most of which we don't see.

Naruto has charisma, and can rally folks, but hes not yet shown he can maintain the cool head and long term strategy that a Hokage would need to deal with. He thinks on his feet, to great results, and yeah, is a great diplomat, but hes still too hot headed, and too green, to entrust the defense of an entire nation to.

But out there, as a chunin/jounin? He can do a ton of good, and grow as an officer, until such time as they are willing to entrust the entire nation to him. No one sane would hand the keys to the kingdom to a 17 year old grunt.

Kakashi was Konoha's top jōnin. He didn't actually much with his political rank aside from leading troops.

A is a hot head and he's a perfectly capable Kage.

I would agree with your last point if it wasn't for the fact that grunt is what won them the war for the sake of entire world.

Pein

Banned
Not saying I don't agree with you Antimatter but the precedent has been set with Gaara.

Of course Sand is the weakest country.

I hope we get to see Kakashi kick some ass in the movie and he isn't just sitting around doing hokage things. I want him to show off his natural skills without the aid of the sharingan. Become the white fang pt2.

It's more than weird. It's a lazy cop out to make more money.

Yep. This man gets it.

I like Hinata and would be very glad to see her get her guy, but let's not pretend this isn't a scam to get all the extremist Tumblr pairing folks to lay down cold hard cash for a resolution. Macross Frontier pulled the exact same stunt on the Alto x Sheryl crowd.

And Kishi has the perfect out for not writing a solid foundation for whatever pairings he decides because of the time skip; he can make Naruto (and Sasuke for that matter) change their feelings because people aren't the same after 2-3 years, particularly teenagers. And especially not a teenager with a girl that confessed to him that he seems to find attractive and now he's got a couple years of no running around saving the world to interact with her and process it.

Regarding the Kakashi = Hokage thing, I'm almost certain that Naruto is going to decline the offer and that's how Special K gets it. I don't think he's giving up the dream, but I completely could see him saying "he isn't ready" and he wants to become more like the people he idolizes first.

orochi91

Help me understand why you're so ecstatic to see Kakashi jack Naruto's dream at the very end of the manga.

I'm sure Naruto wants many things in life, but him being Hokage would never happen
at his age and even more so when you have extremely qualified candidates,
like Kakashi available.

Naruto has never showed the mental fortitude and maturity needed for someone to lead
an entire village; he's loud, brash, and rather stupid. His significance in the story is
derived purely from being a Jinchuriki.

As is he now, he does not deserve the title of Hokage.

Frog-fu

Banned
Not to say he would be a bad Hokage, but Kakashi would undobtably be a good one and it'd be a more efficient use of resources to have him as Hokage while Naruto and Shikimaru are out doing whatever.

Frog, you say you want to see the series continue, but then you say making Kakashi the hokage before Naruto is a cop out so they can extend the story and make more money. (Was that you who said that?). If you're saying extending the series in general rather than just showing a timeskip with Naruto as hokage would be milking, then, I mean, i'm not going to make a big deal about that.

If you're saying that kishi made Kakashi hokage AS a cop out reason to have an excuse to extend the series, then no. That's just wrong. Kakashi being hokage after the war is just a natural progression of the story. It just makes more sense within the plot itself for Kakashi to be hokage at this point rather than Naruto.

I think Naruto deserves better than that, to be passed over because it would make more sense logistically.

The series could continue with Tsunade being Hokage until Naruto was ready to become Sixth. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a story centred around Naruto as Hokage dealing with a new threat. That could've actually been pretty interesting.

The natural progression in my view would be for Naruto to achieve his dream.

To be fair, we don't see 99% of what they do outside the missions naruto was directly involved in.

And the exams aren't about beating your opponent, it's not what they are looking for. Anyone can be strong, but not everyone is someone you want to put others lives and your own security in their hands.

Aside from Shikamaru, do any of the K11 chūnin give you the impression they have leadership experience?

See, what annoys me about the third stage was that Shikamaru was promoted for knowing when to give up, and yet in the first stage of the exam, it was all about who had the guts to take risks. Not giving up is all about taking risks. Naruto didn't give up when he fought against opponents much more skilled than he was and he won in the end because of it. The fact he beat Neji, Gaara and suppressed the Ichibi by summoning Gamabunta should have qualified him for a promotion. Many times over in fact. No other chūnin in Konoha could have pulled that off.

brinstar

I don't like the idea of Kakashi as Hokage but that's mainly because it feels like everyone's talking about why he or Naruto should be Hokage when the job's not even up for grabs!!! Tsunade's alive and well!

Anyway if Chapter 699 or 700 depicts Naruto as Hokage and The Last takes place inbetween those I think that'll be good. I wouldn't mind an epilogue showing them as older characters.

I think the series should end, placing Kakashi as Hokage is the cop out to artificially extend Naruto. This seems to be what we agree on. It's the Pokemon formula. Ash will never become the Pokemon Master and the series gets nowhere because it keeps resetting. Tsunade already endorsed Naruto as Hokage.

I actually don't have a problem with the confession. Sakura was being selfless by taking on Naruto's burden for him, he saw through it. What annoys me was the fact the love triangle in Team 7 wasn't resolved after Sasuke then tried to kill her a bunch of times.

Huh, that's the first time I've seen anyone defend it (not that I mind). I get the idea behind it, but I didn't care for its implementation at all and that it came so soon after Hinata's confession left a sour taste in my mouth.

We can agree to disagree, though; I'm on a tightrope posting in this thread as it is, lol.

I think Naruto deserves better than that, to passed over because it would make more sense logistically.

The series could continue with Tsunade being Hokage until Naruto was ready to become Sixth. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a story centred around Naruto as Hokage dealing with a new threat. That could've actually been pretty interesting.

Naruto will be put to better use than he would if he were Hokage. You said it yourself, he deserves a role greater than hokage. What he will be doing will likely be stuff that he wouldn't be able to if he was tied down to his village. Naruto is just not NEEDED there right now and will be more useful in other places. Kakashi will fit in there much more.

The natural progression in my view would be for Naruto to achieve his dream.

Okay? And he likely will. Just not right after the war because he'd be more useful in other places. He is not needed as Hokage at the moment, like it or not. If he doesn't become hokage in the future, then it'd be because he's serving a role greater than Hokage. You wouldn't be content with that? He could be going around keeping all of the villages stable. Almost like a kage of the whole ninja world.

I think the series should end, placing Kakashi as Hokage is the cop out to artificially extend Naruto. This seems to be what we agree on. It's the Pokemon formula. Ash will never become the Pokemon Master and the series gets nowhere because it keeps resetting. Tsunade already endorsed Naruto as Hokage.

Nope. It's nothing like that scenario at all. Comparing it to the Ash scenario is incredibly silly and you know it. It actually makes sense Kakashi would be hokage before Naruto. It's more efficient, for the ninja world at large. It'd be a waste if he was just tied down to the village at this point.

This is a natural progression of the plot.

Frog-fu

Banned
Huh, that's the first time I've seen anyone defend it (not that I mind). I get the idea behind it, but I didn't care for its implementation at all and that it came so soon after Hinata's confession left a sour taste in my mouth.

We can agree to disagree, though; I'm on a tightrope posting in this thread as it is, lol.

To be fair, after the confession we had Sakura looking sad over the fact Hinata loved Naruto, before hugging Naruto, followed by Sai confronting Sakura in regards to what the promise was doing to him and how she and Sasuke were causing him pain, which then made Sakura feel like shit and decide that the only way to make up for it was to kill Sasuke so Naruto wouldn't suffer and confess to him because he loved her.

It could've been handled better, but it was undoubtedly selfless. The fact Naruto didn't address Hinata's confession though, there is no excuse for that.

Naruto will be put to better use than he would if he were Hokage. You said it yourself, he deserves a role greater than hokage. What he will be doing will likely be stuff that he wouldn't be able to if he was tied down to his village. Naruto is just not NEEDED there right now and will be more useful in other places. Kakashi will fit in there much more.

Okay? And he likely will. Just not right after the war because he'd be more useful in other places. He is not needed as Hokage at the moment, like it or not. If he doesn't become hokage in the future, then it'd be because he's serving a role greater than Hokage. You wouldn't be content with that? He could be going around keeping all of the villages stable. Almost like a kage of the whole ninja world.

He deserves a greater role than Hokage, but he has no desire for that. His lifelong dream was to become Hokage. After all he's done, is more deserving of that role than anyone else.

Even if we disagree on who is more qualified, if you can agree Naruto is qualified all the same, then perhaps you'll be able to understand why I detest the thought of anyone but him succeeding Tsunade, especially if it's without his blessings.

Maddocks

His lifelong dream changed. It was hokage, now its savior of the world. He wants everlasting peace and to break the chains of hatered. Hokage to naruto is on the left burner, not the back burner, just the left one. Peace first, then hokage.

I mean yeah, I could see him being a decent Hokage. Not to say he's not qualified, but I do think Kakashi is more qualified. Regardless of qualifications though, it'd probably be better for the world and the village if Kakashi was hokage right now and Nartuo did whatever for a bit. I do want to see an arc after Naruto becomes hokage though. There could still be conflict that would directly threaten the village.

It's just, if he becomes hokage right now, 1. They'd throw away a lot of opportunities to tell stories with Naruto still traveling around away from the village, and 2. It makes more sense to me that Kakashi would be hokage first anyway. Just putting him as hokage ASAP because it's his "dream" would be dumb and almost contradictory to the plot right now considering the reasons I've stated before. Plus, he can still achieve his dream. He has his whole life ahead of him, I mean he's freaking 19/20 (in the Last)

His dream of keeping the shinobi world united? I wouldn't say he needs to be Hokage to strive for that goal. Everyone already looks up to him now. He doesn't really need a set position to have some kind of authority. Not after all of this. Although it's possible that they could just make up a new name for the position he might come to hold after the war.

Eh, if Naruto wants to become Hokage now and they tell him no then that would be pretty shitty of them. If he says he still has work to do with trying achieve peace or whatever then fine give it to Kakashi, Tsunade just wants to chill after all this shit.

Why is Tsunade even stepping down in the first place? There's not really a reason that she can't continue to be Hokage. At this point she would only have been Hokage for like 5 years which seems silly.

Also, Hokage is more than just the title or position, even Sasuke understood that.

Eh, if Naruto wants to become Hokage now and they tell him no then that would be pretty shitty of them. If he says he still has work to do with trying achieve peace or whatever then fine give it to Kakashi, Tsunade just wants to chill after all this shit.

It probably wont go down with him begging for hokage and them saying no. Still, that wouldn't change the fact that it'd be a worse decision than putting Kakashi as Hokage at this point.

Why is Tsunade even stepping down in the first place? There's not really a reason that she can't continue to be Hokage. At this point she would only have been Hokage for like 5 years which seems silly.

Also, Hokage is more than just the title or position, even Sasuke understood that.
Maybe she wants to step down? Maybe she'll have an "im too old for this shit" moment. Or maybe she'll feel like she didn't do the best job. Either way I don't think it would be too farfetched for her to say screw it because she'd rather focus on being the the top medical ninja.

Honestly if I was her I would consider myself a failure for letting Pain nuke the village. Whether it was my fault or not I would want to step down immediately after some shit like that.

Not saying that's the reason she's stepping down of course.

If someone with the sheer will power and determination as Naruto, can't become Hokage. What chances do someone like me have? Might as well just kill myself, since I'm never going to achieve me dreams.

... OK that was a bit if a stretch.

Frog-fu

Banned
Since it's been a few pages and I'm in the minority: fuck y'all, NaruSaku ftw.
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/1407df32f41bdb4a08d6ae87f31b53fb/tumblr_ne9vytNWUC1rs8eflo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

If someone with the sheer will power and determination as Naruto, can't become Hokage. What chances do someone like me have? Might as well just kill myself, since I'm never going to achieve me dreams.

... OK that was a bit if a stretch.

because naruto cant become hokage ever in his life

Frog-fu

Banned
because naruto cant become hokage ever in his life

He's joking.

Here, have some more NaruSaku
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/04de5bc47cf0f838cd9daeed0a7674fc/tumblr_inline_ne9or1GK8l1s3grpx.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/0b8b90d1e3591ab798264c8a301da64a/tumblr_inline_ne9or5RTa11s3grpx.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/fc79a4fd4eee9ea87939615ca6a84327/tumblr_inline_ne9otp87O81s3grpx.gif[/IMG]

I wonder whats going to happen next chapter (699). I expect Sakura to reach the two but how would the conversation between Sasuke and Sakura is going to go? Didn't Naruto and Sasuke have their seal arms cut off.....how is IT going to end.

700, the colour one, is probably going to be the one showing the new character designs and finishing things off ;___;

He's joking.

Here, have some more NaruSaku
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/04de5bc47cf0f838cd9daeed0a7674fc/tumblr_inline_ne9or1GK8l1s3grpx.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/0b8b90d1e3591ab798264c8a301da64a/tumblr_inline_ne9or5RTa11s3grpx.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/fc79a4fd4eee9ea87939615ca6a84327/tumblr_inline_ne9otp87O81s3grpx.gif[/IMG]
iT8Af48.jpg

from the poster said:
It's still an unfulfilled love/desire. Her secret feelings' whereabouts are...

The Winter festival is approaching in Konoha village. Naruto passes good time in the Ramen shop "Ichiraku" with his friends who have grown together. Meanwhile, Hinata's feelings put into a scarf knitted secretly did haven't still get through (him). Hinata loathes herself for doing nothing but watch over the whole time. Then all of a sudden, a mysterious man appears. But Naruto came to help in the nick of time, he disappered by leaving with strange words "You guys are destined to die. First Hinata, I will pick up you without fail."
"Destined to die" ? Why Hinata is being targeted? At that moment, a meteorite with an intense light pierced the night sky.....

guys, I'm laughing my ass off. This reads like a lame fanfic. So for 3 years nothing happens in this front, because she couldn't reach him and I guess he didn't give a fuck? So they need this contrived shit to catalyze it :lmao And what secret feelings? Didn't she confess? Or Naruto forgot? Oh dear oh dear. I can't. Way to go Kishi, haha.

I wonder whats going to happen next chapter (699). I expect Sakura to reach the two but how would the conversation between Sasuke and Sakura is going to go? Didn't Naruto and Sasuke have their seal arms cut off.....how is IT going to end.

700, the colour one, is probably going to be the one showing the new character designs and finishing things off ;___;

Imo 699 will be mostly T7 focused. They will smile again. We get their resolution etc. And Sakura will somehow heal them? IT should be dispelled too in the same chapter so we get the epilogue in 700. Or maybe Kishi will have a short timeskip in 699?

I don't want to think about the next chapter. =(

Listen we can all agree that if Itachi were still alive he would deserve to be all Kage's and have all the girls.

Bless that man. Even when he is doing something bad he is doing something good (murdering uchihas).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom