• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily. If the Uchiha clan could be appeased without resorting to something as risky and violent as a coup that could have killed them all, why in the hell would they follow Fugaku? I remind you that not the entire clan were warriors. There were civilians and elderly among them got wiped out alongside the conspirators. The Uchiha were distrusted and resented, they weren't being actively persecuted, there is no reason to think they were beyond convincing.

My plan would have been a lot more reasonable than the indiscriminate mass murder of an entire clan. Danzō acted prematurely.

Sure they could have. If Fugaku and his inner circle were rounded up and replaced, they wouldn't have any power. Without leadership, the remaining Uchiha that wanted to rebel would have to be extraordinarily stupid to try anything.

If the clan obviously benefited under Shisui's leadership, why wouldn't he be trusted, especially if he had Hiruzen to expedite changes to appease the clan?

At the very least, even if it wouldn't worked (which I have a hard time imaging), it would have been worth a shot, especially when the alternative was purging the entire clan.

I... don't think so, but now I really, really want to know.

Fugaku and his inner circle weren't some radicals, he was the respected leader of the clan and you seem to be very naive if you think simply putting a leader in prison means they no longer wield power and everyone is just going to give up.

You have to completely discredit leaders to take away their power and Konoha were in no position to do that to Fugaku. There is no getting around that taking Fugaku prisoner destroys the very last amount of trust between Konoha and The Uchiha.

Why in gods name would they listen to a damn thing Hiruzen and Shisui says or tries to do when their real leaders are behind bars? The normal Uchiha who don't know anything are all going to end up turning against Konoha for what they see as a power play and unjust imprisonment. If Hiruzen tries to say they were plotting a coup, well then who are the Uchiha going to believe, the government that resents and spies on them or the leaders who they all respect and revere? Shisui won't get a chance to "make things better" he'll be a traitor trying to usurp the throne.

You plan relies on so many assumptions, ifs, and naive hopes that the Uchiha are just going to "come around" and everything will go perfectly, Danzo took it out by the roots and wasn't going to leave anything to chance.

Maddocks

it was generations of mistrust and anger. The snowball was moving downhill, there was no stopping that coup no matter what. Deep down they all knew that, thats why itachi acted on the suggestion to eliminate them and not try to buy time because he knew it was to late.

Read this chapter again today, I think is a good conclusion to the fight.
I just liked that Sasuke finally dropped his tough guy act. I was scared he was going to act like a doucher till the end but I guess in a moment of comraderie he opened up. I thought it was a nice moment between the two and I like that sakura and kakashi weren't there to see it all. I like the idea of them arriving to the bloody scene right now and having their imaginations tell them what happened lol.

also I just loved the imagery and the art. That gazing panel. The one of them laying armless. Kishimoto really outdid himself. Blesssss him.

Posting again:
vt35r9S.png

Maddocks

I really don't get the sakura and kakashi are not there yet. They fought all day, passed out all night and woke up in the morning. They didn't think once after all the fighting and world changing destruction stopped to go and check on them?

I know it's not important, but would have been cool to give them an small panel saying, "we go in 3 days" or something to have a reason why they didn't rush over when sakura woke up.

I really don't get the sakura and kakashi are not there yet. They fought all day, passed out all night and woke up in the morning. They didn't think once after all the fighting and world changing destruction stopped to go and check on them?

I know it's not important, but would have been cool to give them an small panel saying, "we go in 3 days" or something to have a reason why they didn't rush over when sakura woke up.
kakashi said he was going to let naruto handle sasuke and he kept his word!

Frog-fu

Banned
Fugaku and his inner circle weren't some radicals, he was the respected leader of the clan and you seem to be very naive if you think simply putting a leader in prison means they no longer wield power and everyone is just going to give up.

I'm not naive. You're paranoid. Any regime can be toppled by quick, decisive action and rapid improvements to pacify the discontents. If they have no reason to be angry, then they have no reason to keep fighting. It's that simple. It's not about hoping they'll make a moral decision, it's about giving two clear outcomes: fight us and die under your old leader, or live and reap the benefits under the new leader.

If the Uchiha clan turned their back Uchiha Madara, they'll shouldn't have had any problem turning their back on Uchiha fucking Fugaku.

You have to completely discredit leaders to take away their power and Konoha were in no position to do that to Fugaku. There is no getting around that taking Fugaku prisoner destroys the very last amount of trust between Konoha and The Uchiha.

Fugaku would be completely discredited if his replacements improved conditions for the clan as a whole without shedding a single drop of blood. It would be undeniable proof that radical action was foolhardy and ill advised, and it would inspire confidence in the system.

What resistance remained after the hardliners would be quelled at least for a time, during which, rather than let it fester, it could be dealt with.

Why in gods name would they listen to a damn thing Hiruzen and Shisui says or tries to do when their real leaders are behind bars? The normal Uchiha who don't know anything are all going to end up turning against Konoha for what they see as a power play and unjust imprisonment. If Hiruzen tries to say they were plotting a coup, well then who are the Uchiha going to believe, the government that resents and spies on them or the leaders who they all respect and revere? Shisui won't get a chance to "make things better" he'll be a traitor trying to usurp the throne.

Because their "real leaders" were going to get them wiped out whereas the new one would do actual good and better their lives without risking it on something as ridiculous as a coup.

Shisui would have to earn their trust by acting in their best interest, something he would have an easier time than the previous regime seeing as the Hokage would have then just gone through the effort of preventing a coup in the first place and wouldn't want to waste that progress by stonewalling the Uchiha again.

You plan relies on so many assumptions, ifs, and naive hopes that the Uchiha are just going to "come around" and everything will go perfectly, Danzo took it out by the roots and wasn't going to leave anything to chance.

No, it doesn't. You are ill misguided if you think the entire Uchiha clan, including those that had ordinary lives outside out of MP, would rather rebel and die a pointless death than reap the benefits under new leadership. That's stupid on the face of it.

I-hate-u

Imagine the rage if SP animate the final battle like Shippuden 167
4a80705f6f3747100fea6c9.gif

I wouldn't mind it at all. Its better than the quality we are getting now in the recent episodes imo.
Episode 133 of the first season (probably my favourite episode in that series), had Sasuke looking like this:

586362-screenshot004.png

I would love to see such artsyle be used again.

Heck nah. That'd be better than we have now but it'd be much better if we got something that looks awesome and stayed more true to the artstyle, such as this

tumblr_ne5chkHgAw1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Well neither of them are sensors, have super speed or know where the fight took place. So it makes sense that they where wandering for a while.

Edit: I think that was a mistranslation, Hashirama gave Sasuke chakra. Combined with the cells Kabuto gave him, it had a part on saving his life and getting the rinnegan.

So many images... the trailer is likely out somehwhere.....but where

Yeah the Sauce is likely out and about.... people where commenting that he was the one clashing with Naruto in the trailer but this image proves likewise
tumblr_neajfy2Tfq1r43fejo9_500.png

Sasuke the wanderer should be interesting if that's the case. The pics are amazing. I need this movie yesterday man. I just need moremoremore. LOVE Kakashi's face having the mask in the cliff.

The trailer is sick. We need someone who knows japanese to translate a lot of that stuff. Looks like we get to see naruto kick ass, sakura too. And moreeeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom