• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

Will we ever find out about The jutsu Hashirama gave Sasuke?
Or why Kurama told Sasuke that he shouldn't kill Naruto?
Or what Madara meant when he said there was a mysterious "good reason" as to why Hashirama and Tobirama couldn't use all of their potential?
Or why Kabuto led the good guys to Obito's place?
Or why Orochimaru attacked the village?
Or why Obito manipulated Yagura?
Or why Akatsuki waited so long before trying to capture the Tailed Beasts (why wait for a couple more years after Part 1, too? what was up with that weird schedule?)?

Anyway... In the trailer, Toneri says his clan has waited for a thousand years... Wonder if that means all the Kaguya stuff was 1000 years ago. Wouldn't be aaaall that old after all, but I guess that depends on the technology level of that world, and since Kishimoto never quite made up his mind regarding that: "heh"...

Turok_TTZ

IiRBo7Q.gif
tumblr_nawa2bLAYS1qcluu2o2_250.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's fair enough.

However he has never won a major fight in the series without heavily relying on it. He should have been able to keep one at the end of the demon lady fight.

Well yea, but he's been facing godlike dudes for most of the series. Shit, if anything he's over-performed considering he's only got one and it uses way more chakra than usual. I mean look what happened when he got a second one, he made God-mode Sauske and Naruto look like little bitches.

Apath

Well yea, but he's been facing godlike dudes for most of the series. Shit, if anything he's over-performed considering he's only got one and it uses way more chakra than usual. I mean look what happened when he got a second one, he made God-mode Sauske and Naruto look like little bitches.
Yes, I agree. And without them he's basically useless compared to most of the "kage" level ninja. Had he kept both eyes, I would be 100% sold on him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yes, I agree. And without them he's basically useless compared to most of the "kage" level ninja. Had he kept both eyes, I would be 100% sold on him.

Even without them he can still probably slap all the other kage around, dude's got a huge and varied movepool. Multiple elements, top tier brains, hand to hand skills rivalling Guy (without the gates) and he can release some of the gates. He ain't no scrub.

dani_dc

Even without them he can still probably slap all the other kage around, dude's got a huge and varied movepool. Multiple elements, top tier brains, hand to hand skills rivalling Guy (without the gates) and he can release some of the gates. He ain't no scrub.
I wouldn't say he's a scrub, but I can't recall him ever doing a non-sharigan jutsu anywhere near the level of any of the other Kages.
Kishi made him too dependent of his eye, which is unfortunate considering he was supposed to have a ridiculous number of jutsus.

Still laughing. Just another proof how badly the romance was written in this series. All those so called moments, in the end, amounted to nothing. Years have passed with nothing happening. All that determination from Hinata how after the war they'll be together, Naruto's feelings supposedly changing positively towards her due to moments like the confession or hand holding. Nothing. Secret feelings? Confession forgotten then. She couldn't reach him. So Kishi and SP had to fabricate this setup and insert out-of-nowhere kid flashbacks to get it rolling in the end. If this were any other pairing I'd still would feel the same. What a cop out :lmao

Still laughing. Just another proof how badly the romance was written in this series. All those so called moments, in the end, amounted to nothing. Years have passed with nothing happening. All that determination from Hinata how after the war they'll be together, Naruto's feelings supposedly changing positively towards her due to moments like the confession or hand holding. Nothing. Secret feelings? Confession forgotten then. She couldn't reach him. So Kishi and SP had to fabricate this setup and insert out-of-nowhere kid flashbacks to get it rolling in the end. If this were any other pairing I'd still would feel the same. What a cop out :lmao

Stay Mad.

People lose their shit that the dude experimented a bit in his animation for the battle, a very admirable and natural thing for any artist who wants to grow into new territory. It really gave the battle a unique flavor over standard shonen fights. And before you open your moth to shit on this guy, he was the key animator for Rock Lee VS Gaara, Hiruzen VS Oro, and Naruto VS Sasuke. We'll be lucky if he gets his hands on the final battle.

Because no one else is allowed to not like something you like. I thought it was a very ugly style, and while still entertaining, disappointing. Simple as that.

I personally like the kid flashbacks, itll give some more development to Hinata and we can see how Naruto felt before he was acknowledged by anyone. Cause it seems like he cant believe that someone could possibly care about him.

Also frog cant use the argument of "where was Hinata when naruto was all alone" cause it looks like she fucking tried to be there for him and be his friend but he rejected her because he couldnt believe that she wanted to be friends with him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Indeed. Just like how Karin met Sasuke in the forest of death, Sasuke and Itachi hunting, and Obito's sudden phasing under a boulder.

I'm honestly kind of impressed the anime team has attempted to clean up Naruto a little bit. Instead of a Kai version, they should do a version where they clean up all the loose threads and plot holes. Now that I'd watch.

I'm honestly kind of impressed the anime team has attempted to clean up Naruto a little bit. Instead of a Kai version, they should do a version where they clean up all the loose threads and plot holes. Now that I'd watch.

Sad though. Kishi makes up stuff for the sake of it too much. He made up Hamura for the sake of having a parallel to satisfy his parallel fetish. There is the whole reincarnation thing as well. He went back and forth from Naruto being the reincarnation of Hagaromo's son, to the successor of Hagaromo, to just being the reincarnation of his son. There is also the on the fly Kaguya crap, he just shitted on the sage of six path myth he was building for a long time with that. Ten tails was another I disliked. Hashirama retcon and Hashisteriods cells was annoying and an answer towards every powerup until the reincarnation deal.

He even changed how I.T was activated. First it was a flower and then it was an eye on a forehead.

Stay Mad.

If anyone should be mad, it's Frog-fu. He's the big NS shipper here. I predicted an open ending. There's nothing to win or lose here for me. This is hilarious. The romance in this manga was badly written.

As if this doesn't happen all the time in the main story.

Indeed. Just like how Karin met Sasuke in the forest of death, Sasuke and Itachi hunting, and Obito's sudden phasing under a boulder.

Those were bad indeed, and show how Kishi can't handle his threads properly. One of my favorites was Kisame's "A world with no lies". Where did that come from? :lmao

If anyone should be mad, it's Frog-fu. He's the big NS shipper here. I predicted an open ending. There's nothing to win or lose here for me. This is hilarious. The romance in this manga was badly written.

Those were bad indeed, and show how Kishi can't handle his threads properly. One of my favorites was Kisame's "A world with no lies". Where did that come from? :lmao
At this point its hard to really deny that naruhina is a thing. I mean in that spread with all the characters having words next to them Hinatas word is just "Love"

Erigu

In the trailer, Toneri says his clan has waited for a thousand years... Wonder if that means all the Kaguya stuff was 1000 years ago.
Yep, 1000 years it is, according to the new databook. Huh.

Same book also says that the Ôtsutsuki clan did come from another world indeed. And that, after the Ten Tails' defeat, Hamura and the rest of the Ôtsutsuki clan left for the Moon in order to guard the Gedô Mazô.
And among other stuff, it calls Kaguya's third eye a "Rinnesharingan" (guess wiki editors can stop fighting over that one, now), her dimension shifting technique "Amenominaka", and Sasuke's teleportation thingy "Amenotejikara".

He made up Hamura for the sake of having a parallel to satisfy his parallel fetish.
Or to try and explain where the Hyûga came from, and how they were linked to the Sharingan anyway...
Or (and that one seems quite likely to me at this point) because they had started working on the upcoming movie...

The romance in this manga was badly written.
Then again, few things weren't badly written...

Pretty sure the godmode stuff they used wore off when their hands got blown off and they lost those marks.

The marks they were given from Hagoromo, were what allowed them to create that giant Chibaku Tensei. After they sealed Kaguya, the marks when back to Hagoromo. That's how he knew when it was time to summon them back from Kaguya's dimension.

Naruto's powers come from combining Juubi Chakra with sage mode.

And Sasuke's Rinnegan awoke by mixing his chakra with Hashirama's.

Kishimoto-sensei says the manga and movie are connected, and because that is the case the manga should be read to completion first. However, even if one hasn’t finished the manga it’s alright! He continues on mentioning that he’s going to be blunt and say the movie is about love! There hasn’t been a movie with a romantic theme thus far so he hopes fans will enjoy the experience.

Told you people the movie would be Canon to the manga and some still doubted.

Also hope Sasuke has a more prominent role in the movie than just showing up for the last 5 minutes.

only now at the end of everything is the Hyuga clan and the Byakugan going to be relevant.

Remember the "Madara" manipulating the Mizukage from the Shadows and how Kisame knew about it? Nope Kishi forgot as well. It was said that Killerbee was the only one that is a perfect host, then the Mizukage was. It was also said that a perfect host is immune to Genjutsu, yet the Mizukage was put in one for ages.

Didn't Izanagi first require the blood of both Uchiha and Senju to work? Then you have a flashback history on Uchiha's spamming it to make room for Izanami.

World with no lies was a reference to Mugen Tsukuyomi. When Madara explains it to Obito he says that diametric opposites like Light/Shadow, winners/losers. hate/love, peace/war, truth/lies are intertwined and one cannot exist without the other. But with Mugen Tsukuyomi he can create a world with only light, only winners, only love etc...

Remember the "Madara" manipulating the Mizukage from the Shadows and how Kisame knew about it? Nope Kishi forgot as well. It was said that Killerbee was the only one that is a perfect host, then the Mizukage was. It was also said that a perfect host is immune to Genjutsu, yet the Mizukage was put in one for ages.

Didn't Izanagi first require the blood of both Uchiha and Senju to work? Then you have a flashback history on Uchiha's spamming it to make room for Izanami.
It was never said that a perfect host was immune to genjutsu. It's never been said that anyone is immune to genjutsu for that matter.

We've seen Killerbee get hit with genjutsu in both of his fights vs Sasuke, and Itachi.

If you're confused about something you really should just go back and read the chapter in question for clarification. Kishimoto uses a lot of ambiguous dialogue that tends to get twisted among the fandom.

A good example is the belief that Sharingan came from the Byakugan. When you go back and look at the chapter, all that was said was the Hyuuga and Uchiha clans have connected origins.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Lol I swear i thought naruto and sasuke were going to make out. Horrible ending so far to a manga that has steadily been going downhill since the pain arc and maybe since pt. 2.

So many missed opportunities, so many amazing characters that were just thrown away. Orochimaru, and itachi went from ultimate bad guys to absolute crap. Itachi I can excuse since I always thought he was a good guy but fuck orichimaru :/ kakashi went from the copy ninja with thousand of jutsus, who had badass dogs, to a one trick pony.

But alas it still makes me sad that it's ending. Started reading naruto during my last year of college now I'm a married old fart lol. GG naruto!

Erigu

World with no lies was a reference to Mugen Tsukuyomi. When Madara explains it to Obito he says that diametric opposites like Light/Shadow, winners/losers. hate/love, peace/war, truth/lies are intertwined and one cannot exist without the other. But with Mugen Tsukuyomi he can create a world with only light, only winners, only love etc...
Doesn't make it a "world without lies" though, does it? In fact, the Mugen Tsukuyomi is all about creating a false world.
Then again, Obito lied to Kisame right away by calling himself "Madara", so I guess that just makes Kisame a sucker...

It was never said that a perfect host was immune to genjutsu.
Volume 45, episode 413. It says that genjutsu doesn't work on a jinchûriki who's learned to control his/her Tailed Beast (because it can snap you out of it, which is exactly what the Eight Tails did right before). So yeah, one has to wonder not just why Obito manipulated Yagura, but also how he managed to do it.

the belief that Sharingan came from the Byakugan. When you go back and look at the chapter, all that was said was the Hyuuga and Uchiha clans have connected origins.
Yes, volume 9, episode 78, Kakashi expositions that the Uchiha clan is said to have its roots in the Hyûga clan. But note that he says that in order to explain what the Byakugan is, so the implication is there.

ghstwrld

some sharingan users can control bijuu even while they're inside a host; obito glamours kurama before extracting him from kushina, for example

Volume 45, episode 413. It says that genjutsu doesn't work on a jinchûriki who's learned to control his/her Tailed Beast (because it can snap you out of it, which is exactly what the Eight Tails did right before). So yeah, one has to wonder not just why Obito manipulated Yagura, but also how he managed to do it.

Yes but we also saw much earlier in chapter 308/309 that the Sharingan can supress Bijuu chakra even from within a jinchuuriki. So a sharingan user should be able to work around that limitation.

Your right though. It would be nice to get a better explanation of the bloody mist era, and what exactly Obito/Madara was doing in there.

Yes, volume 9, episode 78, Kakashi expositions that the Uchiha clan is said to have its roots in the Hyûga clan. But note that he says that in order to explain what the Byakugan is, so the implication is there.

That's what I meant by ambiguous dialogue. Open to interpretation and misinterpretation.

But Kisame was never portrayed to care about these. He always came off as a psycho who does thing for shits and giggles. This felt like Kishi trying to come up with a proper motive for him in his last moments.

Frog-fu

Banned
NaruHina confirmed. Frog, step away from the knife.

Feels good dont it?

These types of premature comments have a tendency to come back to bite you. I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.

The romance is pretty terribly written especially because it's been drawn out so damn long. I think the fandoms care more about being right than anything at this point.

I personally like the kid flashbacks, itll give some more development to Hinata and we can see how Naruto felt before he was acknowledged by anyone. Cause it seems like he cant believe that someone could possibly care about him.

Also frog cant use the argument of "where was Hinata when naruto was all alone" cause it looks like she fucking tried to be there for him and be his friend but he rejected her because he couldnt believe that she wanted to be friends with him.

What it does is retcon Naruto and Hinata's relationship. When she was introduced in the manga, Naruto hardly knew her. He introduced her as the weird, quiet chick that looked away when he noticed her. Now we're supposed to believe that not only did she reach out to him when they were kids, Naruto, lonely as he was, turned her away, and remember this 15 years or so later? Give me a break.

The argument still works just fine. If Hinata tried and failed, she still failed to actually do anything but support him from a distance.

At this point its hard to really deny that naruhina is a thing. I mean in that spread with all the characters having words next to them Hinatas word is just "Love"

No, it really isn't. Hinata Naruto-kunning as per usual is hardly indicative of anything. Everything still indicates an entirely one-sided love story. You are jumping to conclusions based on very little information and wishful thinking.

How are these remotely the same? These are origin stories within the manga itself. No author will introduce characters and spill everything about them from the start. The stories also make perfect sense.

Sasuke and Karin knew each other before he came to recruit her. Orochimaru has a history of recruiting children for his cause when they're young. That Karin, who is the same age as Sasuke, attended the chūnin exam as Sasuke and Orochimaru as a Kusa genin is not at all surprising.

Obito's survival was telegraphed as fuck. If you didn't see that one coming, that's entirely on you.

How is Sasuke and Itachi hunting a retcon, or any significance of that matter? We knew they had a good relationship and used to train together. You're reaching here.

Kishi didn't forget. We knew Kisame was an odd one, but we never knew why he deserted his village. Now we know he believed Obito was Madara, which was reasonable enough considering Obito demonstrated his ability to manipulate a perfect jinchūriki with his Sharingan, which is no small feat.

Speaking of which, the manga said perfect jinchūrik were immune to genjutsu with the help of their bijū. Obito was strong enough to suppress both the bijū and the jinchūriki, i.e. it was perfectly logical.

As for Izanagi, a while back I read that initial translations were wrong, and that the technique was based on Creation of All Things. Apparently only the latter required both Yin and Yang. Izanagi did not, though Hashirama's cells increased its potency, similarly to how Danzō was able to use Shisui's Kotoamatsukami once every day instead of once per decade.

Shh, only dreams now

People lose their shit that the dude experimented a bit in his animation for the battle, a very admirable and natural thing for any artist who wants to grow into new territory. It really gave the battle a unique flavor over standard shonen fights. And before you open your moth to shit on this guy, he was the key animator for Rock Lee VS Gaara, Hiruzen VS Oro, and Naruto VS Sasuke. We'll be lucky if he gets his hands on the final battle.

Experimentation is nice and all bu they clearly lacked budget for some reason. Those fihgts you mentioned before have vastly superior animation and the choreography was better as well. Pain vs Naruto certainly had moments of great choreography but the lack of budget and therefore animation resulted in it being not so great.

Namikaze1

I'm of the opinion that the studio had no reason to do what they did with the Hinata centric episode before the Pain and Naruto fight. All the budget they put on that episode should have gone towards the fight.

Pein

Banned
I'm of the opinion that the studio had no reason to do what they did with the Hinata centric episode before the Pain and Naruto fight. All the budget they put on that episode should have gone towards the fight.

They should have used that cash to do an insane sasuke vs kages fight.

Frog-fu

Banned
When Naruto has shojo-esque sparkles in his eyes while hes looking at her. Its kinda hard to believe that its anything but canon
IiRBo7Q.gif

I mean KAWN GET SYRIOUS

theres a 99% chance of naruhina becoming canon, there 1% cause kishimoto needs to git gud at writing.

Naruto looks shocked at something Hinata said while she looks despondent - just like that supposedly romantic CD cover.

Anyway, that's not Naruto's smitten face. We've already seen what it looks like.
Code:
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/s_G2Qg75ZY60ufnkH_C9uw/36132/361316785/narusmit.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://110.imagebam.com/download/IZC19UZijnBJHAvVLE719g/36132/361316789/632-comparison.png[/IMG]

If you want to declare NaruHina canon based on decidedly one-sided evidence of Hinata's continued affection for Naruto, then be my guest. I'm not ruling it out, but as far as I'm concerned, the manga is still on track for NaruSaku. If it ends without any resolution in the manga, then I'd be worried.

Naruto looks shocked at something Hinata said while she looks despondent - just like that supposedly romantic CD cover.

Anyway, that's not Naruto's smitten face. We've already seen what it looks like.
Code:
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/s_G2Qg75ZY60ufnkH_C9uw/36132/361316785/narusmit.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://110.imagebam.com/download/IZC19UZijnBJHAvVLE719g/36132/361316789/632-comparison.png[/IMG]

If you want to declare NaruHina canon based on decidedly one-sided evidence of Hinata's continued affection for Naruto, then be my guest. I'm not ruling it out, but as far as I'm concerned, the manga is still on track for NaruSaku. If it ends without any resolution in the manga, then I'd be worried.
The thing is the movie has sakura literally cheering on Hinata to go after Naruto, if sakura cared about naruto romantically she would t be super hyped to help hinata get naruto. And that face is the face Naruto makes whenever Hinata does something he cant understand and leaves him speechless cause Hinata is the only one who can make him speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom