• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding next week, should I post spoilers and discuss them, or you guys prefer it to stay clean? If you guys want the latter at the most I'm going to mention that spoilers or chinese scans are out and anyone who wants to check them out goes to NF.

Puruzi

Banned
Naruto looks shocked at something Hinata said while she looks despondent - just like that supposedly romantic CD cover.

Anyway, that's not Naruto's smitten face. We've already seen what it looks like.
Code:
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/s_G2Qg75ZY60ufnkH_C9uw/36132/361316785/narusmit.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://110.imagebam.com/download/IZC19UZijnBJHAvVLE719g/36132/361316789/632-comparison.png[/IMG]

If you want to declare NaruHina canon based on decidedly one-sided evidence of Hinata's continued affection for Naruto, then be my guest. I'm not ruling it out, but as far as I'm concerned, the manga is still on track for NaruSaku. If it ends without any resolution in the manga, then I'd be worried.
Naruto's affection towards Sakura is one sided too soo

Kishi said this movie is canon

we also know it is a bridge between chapter 699-700

We kept on seeing Naruhina growing in respect to one another in this war arc and the only time we saw NaruSaku was when Naruto joked about it to his father before regretting that joke when seeing Sakura unleashing her hidden strength

Sure Naruto probably never knew he had true affections for Hinata but love builds over time.... people find their true love near their end of their teen years and usually one has multiple or one major crush before that

Regarding next week, should I post spoilers and discuss them, or you guys prefer it to stay clean? If you guys want the latter at the most I'm going to mention that spoilers or chinese scans are out and anyone who wants to check them out goes to NF.

spoilers for next weeks chapters are already out?

if so you can post them but just place a Spoiler title above and spoiler tag them

An example.... of the format (not really a spoiler))

Naruto 699-700 chapter spoilers
yadadadadadada spoilers, spoilers

The End

Frog-fu

Banned
The thing is the movie has sakura literally cheering on Hinata to go after Naruto, if sakura cared about naruto romantically she would t be super hyped to help hinata get naruto. And that face is the face Naruto makes whenever Hinata does something he cant understand and leaves him speechless cause Hinata is the only one who can make him speechless.

We have no idea what Sakura and Hinata were talking about. I doubt Sakura is encouraging Hinata to pursue Naruto since 1) the manga has shown that she's not exactly happy with the idea of those together, and 2) why would Hinata look the way she does? Yeah, she's blushing, and yet she looks sad at the same time. Why? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakura is already with Naruto the movie and she's giving Hinata the OK to give him the scarf, which is something she's always wanted to do. It'd be an even bigger troll than RTN when people were freaking out over RTN!Sasuke giving Sakura a rose, or RTN!Hinata claiming Naruto as her bitch. Crazy prediction, I know, but that's the point.

I don't know where to begin with the bold.

Kishi said this movie is canon

we also know it is a bridge between chapter 699-700

We kept on seeing Naruhina growing in respect to one another in this war arc and the only time we saw NaruSaku was when Naruto joked about it to his father before regretting that joke when seeing Sakura unleashing her hidden strength

Sure Naruto probably never knew he had true affections for Hinata but love builds over time.... people find their true love near their end of their teen years and usually one has multiple or one major crush before that

if so you can post them but just place a Spoiler title above and spoiler tag them

The End
Also I found someone who made a great argument for the bullshit that is "this is just studio pierrot wanking the ships for publicity." Why would they make it strictly naruhina when that literally makes people not wanna go. Ive seen a shit load of people just already hate on the movie cause its naruhina.

Yado

We have no idea what Sakura and Hinata were talking about. I doubt Sakura is encouraging Hinata to pursue Naruto since 1) the manga has shown that she's not exactly happy with the idea of those together, and 2) why would Hinata look the way she does? Yeah, she's blushing, and yet she looks sad at the same time. Why? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakura is already with Naruto the movie and she's giving Hinata the OK to give him the scarf, which is something she's always wanted to do. It'd be an even bigger troll than RTN when people were freaking out over RTN!Sasuke giving Sakura a rose, or RTN!Hinata claiming Naruto as her bitch. Crazy prediction, I know, but that's the point.

Can you really imagine Hinata being shat on like this? Seriously.

Erigu

Yes but we also saw much earlier in chapter 308/309 that the Sharingan can supress Bijuu chakra even from within a jinchuuriki. So a sharingan user should be able to work around that limitation.
Not that Sasuke did, during that fight against Bee...

That's what I meant by ambiguous dialogue. Open to interpretation and misinterpretation.
Well, one really has to wonder why Kakashi would say something like that if that wasn't relevant to the question he was asked at all...

the manga said perfect jinchūrik were immune to genjutsu with the help of their bijū. Obito was strong enough to suppress both the bijū and the jinchūriki, i.e. it was perfectly logical.
Hahaha! "The characters explained that shouldn't work? Well, Obito made it work, so that obviously means Obito is just stronger than those explanations! Perfectly logical!"

As for Izanagi, a while back I read that initial translations were wrong
They weren't.
Volume 54, episode 510, page 106: "イザナギ… 光を失う事と引き換えに幻と現実を繋げる事ができるうちはの禁術… うちはと千手… この両方の力を持つ者だけが許される瞳術!"
Nothing ambiguous there.

The End

They're not out of course, but this week not everyone was a fan of it. Because people didn't put their reactions under tags or it made them anxious.

So, if people like I do it like you said or not post them at all.

you know if theyre already together its kinda weird that in all the line ups naruto is standing on the exact opposite side of sakura and standing directly next to Hinata. Also its kinda weird that Naruto is hanging with Hinata alone when hes dating Sakura.
And again putting a blatant ship in the ads makes them lose money.

Frog-fu, if I were you I wouldn't indulge in pairing debates. It's clear as sky that in the current condition you can't win and no one will listen to you. NH is celebrating. Wait till the last chap. That should hopefully make everything clear.

Yado

I'm no Naruhina fan, I'm not even much of a Narusaku fan but the receipts are there. Hinata isn't important enough to be in this movie serving any purpose other than being the love interest.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto's affection towards Sakura is one sided too soo

They sure are, but at least there have been hints at Sakura feeling something for him that isn't merely platonic. NaruSaku lives and dies by SasuSaku, and I honestly don't see that happening. By the same token, NaruHina lives and dies by NaruSaku, and given how NS is by far the most developed ship, I can't see it not happening.

This is patently false.

If it's within the realm of possibility for Naruto to suddenly realise he loved Hinata all along when they've spent so little time together, then Sakura is even more likely to feel that way about Naruto, considering she has already acknowledged he cares deeply for her on a number of occasions.

Can you really imagine Hinata being shat on like this? Seriously.

Honestly, if the movie is about NaruHina closure like I suspect it will be, then yeah I can see it happening.

you know if theyre already together its kinda weird that in all the line ups naruto is standing on the exact opposite side of sakura and standing directly next to Hinata. Also its kinda weird that Naruto is hanging with Hinata alone when hes dating Sakura.
And again putting a blatant ship in the ads makes them lose money.

I think they would have made more money if they had built up NaruHina more over the war, left it implied at the end, and then marketed the movie the same way. Keep in mind that this movie has been in production at least since 2012. Between then and now, we've had strong hints at Naruto and Sakura ending up together. If the intention was to make bank of pairings, and Kishimoto had decided NaruHina would win out in the end, surely he could've handled it much more efficiently?

Erigu

Naruto looks shocked at something Hinata said while she looks despondent - just like that supposedly romantic CD cover.
Anyway, that's not Naruto's smitten face. We've already seen what it looks like.
Man, sure is a good thing you're not one to "jump to conclusions based on very little information and wishful thinking"!

How do we know? Isn't that just speculation? I mean the manga could as well end before the movie and the movie could show an epilogue with naruto as hokage at the end. Or am I missing something?
The movie is said to "fill in the blank", which seems to imply that here's a timeskip at some point, and that's where the movie fits.
... But then again, right after that, the same promotional material also says "beyond/after the story of the manga!", so, y'know... I guess whoever worded that one has about as firm a grasp on Japanese language as Kishimoto does!

How do we know? Isn't that just speculation? I mean the manga could as well end before the movie and the movie could show an epilogue with naruto as hokage at the end. Or am I missing something?

It was in the promos somewhere. It said the movie takes place during an uncovered timeline, which made people think we'll get a timeskip epilogue with potentially Hokage Naruto.

Frog-fu

Banned
Frog-fu, if I were you I wouldn't indulge in pairing debates. It's clear as sky that in the current condition you can't win and no one will listen to you. NH is celebrating. Wait till the last chap. That should hopefully make everything clear.

I'm willing to debate in good faith with anyone that's interested.

It was in the promos somewhere. It said the movie takes place during an uncovered timeline, which made people think we'll get a timeskip epilogue with potentially Hokage Naruto.

iirc, Kishimoto once said that Naruto becoming Hokage would probably be the last thing he wrote/drew, so I'm hoping for an epilogue shot of that at least.

They sure are, but at least there have been hints at Sakura feeling something for him that isn't merely platonic. NaruSaku lives and dies by SasuSaku, and I honestly don't see that happening. By the same token, NaruHina lives and dies by NaruSaku, and given how NS is by far the most developed ship, I can't see it not happening.

This is patently false.

If it's within the realm of possibility for Naruto to suddenly realise he loved Hinata all along when they've spent so little time together, then Sakura is even more likely to feel that way about Naruto, considering she's already acknowledged he cares deeply for her on a number of occasions.

Honestly, if the movie is about NaruHina closure like I suspect it will be, then yeah.

I think they would have made more money if they had built up NaruHina more over the war, left it implied at the end, and then marketed the movie the same way. Keep in mind thatthis movie has been in production at least since 2012. Between then and now, we've had strong hints at Naruto and Sakura ending up together. If the intention was to make bank of pairings, and Kishimoto had decided NaruHina would win out in the end, surely he would've handled it much differently?
Dude no matter what if they made it blatently narusaku, blatently narusasu. Whatever theyre losing money because not everyone likes those ships. And what hints??? Naruto making a joke and minato seeing a girl who reminds him of his wifes temper and thats it. Also naruto isnt in love with sakura it was a crush. Hes super ok with sakura loving sasuke to the point of it hurting her, he was super ok with sasuke trying to murder her. Naruto doesnt love Sakura. The movie is about naruto finding love for the first time. If he loved sakura then why is he experiencing love for the first time ever?

for all we know Frogfu could be right

but that is less then a few percent

if so then I'll admit I was wrong
Frog-fu is actually Kishimoto.

Believe it.
They weren't.
Volume 54, episode 510, page 106: "イザナギ… 光を失う事と引き換えに幻と現実を繋げる事ができるうちはの禁術… うちはと千手… この両方の力を持つ者だけが許される瞳術!"
Nothing ambiguous there.
Oh, wow. I completely forgot that little fact. (I'm guessing Kishi did too.) Maybe it's just even more forbidden if someone who doesn't meet that criteria uses Izanagi...

Frog-fu

Banned
Dude no matter what if they made it blatently narusaku, blatently narusasu. Whatever theyre losing money because not everyone likes those ships. And what hints??? Naruto making a joke and minato seeing a girl who reminds him of his wifes temper and thats it. Also naruto isnt in love with sakura it was a crush. Hes super ok with sakura loving sasuke to the point of it hurting her, he was super ok with sasuke trying to murder her. Naruto doesnt love Sakura. The movie is about naruto finding love for the first time. If he loved sakura then why is he experiencing love for the first time ever?

Nearly ever instance Sakura was shown since Naruto joined the battlefield revolved around Naruto in one way or another, from worrying about him to speaking on his behalf, to cheering him on, all the while Hinata's presence was kept to a minimum after they held hands.

Those moments were not necessarily meant to have romantic overtones, but considering Kishimoto must have known by then who would end up with who, I see no reason for the sheer disparity in panel time between Sakura and Hinata. It simply doesn't make any sense for that happen.

For example, since I just read it on tumblr, we learned Kushina told baby Naruto to find someone like her in chapter 504. Minato made an obvious call back to that by noting how similar Sakura was to Kushina - 127 chapters later. That'd be a much for mere fandom trolling, wouldn't you agree?

for all we know Frogfu could be right

but that is less then a few percent

if so then I'll admit I was wrong

I'm wrong in the end, then I'm wrong. There won't be anything to admit, it'll be obvious either way.

Nearly ever instance Sakura was shown since Naruto joined the battlefield revolved around Naruto in one way or another, from worrying about him to speaking on his behalf, to cheering him on, all the while Hinata's presence was kept to a minimum after they held hands.

Those moments were not necessarily meant to have romantic overtones, but considering Kishimoto must have known by then who would end up with who, I see no reason for the sheer disparity in panel time between Sakura and Hinata. It simply doesn't make any sense for that happen.

For example, since I just read it on tumblr, we learned Kushina told baby Naruto to find someone like her in chapter 504. Minato made an obvious call back to that by noting how similar Sakura was to Kushina - 127 chapters later. That'd be a much for mere fandom trolling, wouldn't you agree?

I'm wrong in the end, then I'm wrong. There won't be anything to admit, it'll be obvious either way.
Dude the reason Sakura gets so much more screen time than Hinata isnt cause narusaku its cause team 7. Yeah Minato thinks so but Naruto doesnt if he told Minato he still hasnt found someone like her.
everyone seems to forget how Naruto feels about everything and the only proof only ever seems to be what other people have said and never what naruto himself has said.

Frog-fu

Banned
Dude the reason Sakura gets so much more screen time than Hinata isnt cause narusaku its cause team 7. Yeah Minato thinks so but Naruto doesnt if he told Minato he still hasnt found someone like her.
everyone seems to forget how Naruto feels about everything and the only proof only ever seems to be what other people have said and never what naruto himself has said.

That's a poor excuse and I suspect you know that already. The fact Sakura is on Team 7 hasn't mean considering the long periods of time she has spent being irrelevant in the manga, and, again, if NaruHina was decided upon already, then the manga would have reflected that. Instead, we've barely seen Hinata since 615, whereas Sakura was nearly always front in centre by comparison, either in proximity to Naruto or thinking of him. There is no good reason Hinata couldn't have a few of those panels dedicated to her instead of Sakura, but all we got was her being inappropriately self-absorbed after Shikamaru recovered, a few snippets here and there of her helping pull out the bijū, tripping and failing to reach Naruto when he was dying, and lastly being captured by the Shinju and featured in a dream world on a bench with Naruto.

Naruto didn't say he hadn't found anyone. He said he was trying his best, i.e. he was still working on it.

We've only ever seen other people speak on Naruto's feelings for Sakura because we know he can't tell her how he feels because he couldn't keep his promise.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/6f07b6cb914e8a4bf9ef8bb96a6e11eb/tumblr_inline_ncj5xv86eZ1sz9pj5.png[/IMG][IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/12b555c3f1daf10620c63e016dbc591b/tumblr_inline_ncj5ycXjHa1sz9pj5.png[/IMG]

For her part, we've had Sai tell Sakura she's gentle when it comes to Naruto, Yamato allude Sakura feels very strongly for him before being cut off very conspicuously, and lastly we had Obito make an almost cheeky comment with reference to Kakashi how Naruto stumbling made Sakura want to help him. Why would the last one especially be brought up? We already know Sakura cares a lot for Naruto, we didn't have to hear it reinforced, so why was it? I wouldn't have thought much of it if it weren't for the fact that, like with Yamato, Sakura kept quiet. It was such a weird thing, and on its own, it wouldn't mean much, but as I've said already, cumulatively, Sakura's panel time in the war arc was disproportionately spent in relation to Naruto in one way or another, and I find that very telling.

I am not ruling out NaruHina, but I do contest the notion NaruSaku absolutely can't happen because of a movie that is nowhere near as clear you might believe it to be.

Speaking of the movie, I don't the movie is as decidedly pro NH as you might think. Just look at this first trailer that aired in Japan.
Code:
[IMG]http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8d5a0412fa8bf5167d8d5fa5305869f/tumblr_nbsujzIOXv1shnpr2o1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
Skip to around 30 seconds
Narrator: 美人はそう -> This beautiful woman is Sakura uh…
Narrator: 女性らしさが増したサクラに きっとナルトは…。 -> should be basically “Surely Naruto is….. for Sakura which her womanhood has increased”

I believe that is the same narrator for the other trailers. Why would Naruto have any kind of reaction to Sakura if he's moved on? If Naruto is still in love with Sakura at the start of the movie, then I don't believe for a second he'll fall out of love with her and in love with Hinata.

Like said, this movie has been in production for too long for it not have factored in the manga if NaruHina was indeed the endgame pairing.

Susanoh13

Neo Member
Wanted to check and see if any translated the trailer, but then a pairing war started. Did anyone actually post a translation?

It's short, so I can translate, but if someone did it already, I don't want to waste my time.

Wanted to check and see if any translated the trailer, but then a pairing war started. Did anyone actually post a translation?

It's short, so I can translate, but if someone did it already, I don't want to waste my time.

here you go man

Toneri: The father of all shinobi, Rikudou sennin... My Clan had waited a thousand year.
Naruto: You said Otsutsuki?
Toneri: The whole humanity existed all this time while using chakra as a weapon. It's time to give them a punishment.
Hinata: I definitely won't let this world to end!
6th-sama(Kakashi): The thing that can bring forth a miracle, is our wills.
Shikamaru: Let's go!
Naruto: I remember... About that time back then. There is something i absolutely have to convey to you. Please wait for me!
Shikamaru: I don't know if we will be able to go home alive, but i will definitely protect my teacher's "heritage" (his kid)!
Sasuke: If he/she dies, i will not have anything to protect! (probably Naruto)
Naruto: I was always alone... But, i gained friends... And now i finally realized what/who i want to protect! That's why whatever it takes i will...!
Sakura: Naruto!
Gaara: Naruto!
Hinata: Naruto-kun!

Here is another one

I found it on tumblr:
Narrator: Naruto, concluded! 15 years since it began serialization, finally everyone’s fate has been decided! And now we tell you the story of the “blank period”.

Caption: The movie tells us of a “blank period”. (trans note: this could also mean time of blankess/space/vacuum- I’d need more context to be sure. So for now I just went with what sounded most logical.)

Narrator: The Naruto that no one has ever seen before…

Caption: Towards the future of the original work.

Narrator: Gaze upon him…!

Caption: Two years after Sasuke and Naruto’s final battle.

Toneri/Caption: The founder of all shinobi, the Sage of the Six Paths.

Caption: The moon.

Caption: Is falling.

Toneri: My clan has waited years for this!

Caption: Kaguya’s descendant, Ootsutsuki Toneri.

Naruto: Ootsutsuki, you said?!

Toneri: All of you humans who have continued to use chakra as a weapon…you will recieve your punishent!

Caption: Countdown to the destruction of humanity.

Hinata: You won’t be allowed to end this world!

Kakashi: Our will can create miracles.

Shikamaru: Let’s go!

Naruto: remember, about that time. There’s something I have to tell you, no matter what. Please wait for me.

Caption: Naruto’s final story.

Shikamaru: Don’t know if we’ll make it back alive or not. I will protect what my teacher left behind! (trans note: word used is katami, could mean momento too, but I felt this worked better.)

Sasuke: If he’s not here, then there’s obviously no choice but for me to protect you.

Naruto: I always lived alone…

Caption: The boy who was once called “useless trash”.

Naruto: But I’ve made friends.

Caption: The conclusion he has reached is…

Naruto: What I need to protect…I’ve finally realized what it is!

Caption: To never give up on the future.

Naruto: That’s why, no matter how many times I have to do it, I will…!!

Caption: Until now, there has been no movie like it. This Naruto. Masashi Kishimoto

Caption: 12/6. For the sake of the new era.

That's a poor excuse and I suspect you know that already. The fact Sakura is on Team 7 hasn't mean considering the long periods of time she has spent being irrelevant in the manga, and, again, if NaruHina was decided upon already, then the manga would have reflected that. Instead, we've barely seen Hinata since 615, whereas Sakura was nearly always front in centre by comparison, either in proximity to Naruto or thinking of him. There is no good reason Hinata couldn't have a few of those panels dedicated to her instead of Sakura, but all we got was her being inappropriately self-absorbed after Shikamaru recovered, a few snippets here and there of her helping pull out the bijū, tripping and failing to reach Naruto when he was dying, and lastly being captured by the Shinju and featured in a dream world on a bench with Naruto.

Naruto didn't say he hadn't found anyone. He said he was trying his best, i.e. he was still working on it.

We've only ever seen other people speak on Naruto's feelings for Sakura because we know he can't tell her how he feels because he couldn't keep his promise.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/6f07b6cb914e8a4bf9ef8bb96a6e11eb/tumblr_inline_ncj5xv86eZ1sz9pj5.png[/IMG][IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/12b555c3f1daf10620c63e016dbc591b/tumblr_inline_ncj5ycXjHa1sz9pj5.png[/IMG]

For her part, we've had Sai tell Sakura she's gentle when it comes to Naruto, Yamato allude Sakura feels very strongly for him before being cut off very conspicuously, and lastly we had Obito make an almost cheeky comment with reference to Kakashi how Naruto stumbling made Sakura want to help him. Why would the last one especially be brought up? We already know Sakura cares a lot for Naruto, we didn't have to hear it reinforced, so why was it? I wouldn't have thought much of it if it weren't for the fact that, like with Yamato, Sakura kept quiet. It was such a weird thing, and on its own, it wouldn't mean much, but as I've said already, cumulatively, Sakura's panel time in the war arc was disproportionately spent in relation to Naruto in one way or another, and I find that very telling.

I am not ruling out NaruHina, but I do contest the notion NaruSaku absolutely can't happen because of a movie that is nowhere near as clear you might believe it to be.

Speaking of the movie, I don't the movie is as decidedly pro NH as you might think. Just look at this first trailer that aired in Japan.
Code:
[IMG]http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8d5a0412fa8bf5167d8d5fa5305869f/tumblr_nbsujzIOXv1shnpr2o1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
Skip to around 30 seconds

I believe that is the same narrator for the other trailers. Why would Naruto have any kind of reaction to Sakura if he's moved on? If Naruto is still in love with Sakura at the start of the movie, then I don't believe for a second he'll fall out of love with her and in love with Hinata.

Like said, this movie has been in production for too long for it not have factored in the manga if NaruHina was indeed the endgame pairing.
Why is that a poor excuse!? Its not an excuse its the reason, she shows up on a cover with naruto and sasuke! Her whole character development is to catch up with naruto and sasuke and shes finally done it and you put it off as narusaku?
And that is one line of dialouge said by someone who isnt even a character and is a hype man youre compareing one tiny bit of words that arent even dialouge to scenes, and full lines of dialouge hinting towards naruto and hinata being together and honestly after the hand hold the naruhina didnt stop. You just choose to ignore it.

All of Team Asuma is featured but only Team Kurenai has Hinata. But I guess it should be expected. All the 3 man teams throughout the series had pretty much the same relationship pattern. Kiba and Shino don't really bring anything new to the table. Ino, Shikamaru and Chouji were the only team that had a different dynamic between them. It's like how Neji was ultimately expendable, because he tread the same lines that Sasuke and Gaara already covered.

But with all of that considered, why not disregard all of Team Kurenai? Hinata is part of this timeskip and she's the third mentioned character at that? There's a huge emphasis on her, no doubt.

Frog-fu

Banned
Why is that a poor excuse!? Its not an excuse its the reason, she shows up on a cover with naruto and sasuke! Her whole character development is to catch up with naruto and sasuke and shes finally done it and you put it off as narusaku?
And that is one line of dialouge said by someone who isnt even a character and is a hype man youre compareing one tiny bit of words that arent even dialouge to scenes, and full lines of dialouge hinting towards naruto and hinata being together and honestly after the hand hold the naruhina didnt stop. You just choose to ignore it.

It's a poor excuse because Kishimoto historically has never had an issue with making Sakura irrelevant, and if NaruHina was as obvious as you believe it to be, then the manga would have reflected that. The fact it doesn't is telling enough.

Hold up, you're willing to take every last bit of information that even remotely hints at NaruHina as canon, but when the narrator - the same narrator I might add - hints that, for some reason, Naruto will have some kind of reaction to Sakura's new looks, it's just purely inconsequential marketing bluster? Please.

Feel free to point out what I've been ignoring. Like I said, I'm willing to keep going in good faith, but you're being awfully disingenuous if you're going to cherry pick the promotional releases that jive with your preferences.

Susanoh13

Neo Member
here you go man

Code:
Toneri: The father of all shinobi, Rikudou sennin... My Clan had waited a thousand year.
Naruto: You said Otsutsuki?
Toneri: The whole humanity existed all this time while using chakra as a weapon. It's time to give them a punishment.
Hinata: I definitely won't let this world to end!
6th-sama(Kakashi): The thing that can bring forth a miracle, is our wills.
Shikamaru: Let's go!
Naruto: I remember... About that time back then. There is something i absolutely have to convey to you. Please wait for me!
Shikamaru: I don't know if we will be able to go home alive, but i will definitely protect my teacher's "heritage" (his kid)!
Sasuke: If he/she dies, i will not have anything to protect! (probably Naruto)
Naruto: I was always alone... But, i gained friends... And now i finally realized what/who i want to protect! That's why whatever it takes i will...!

Here is another one

Thanks. I like the line where Naruto mentions that he knows 'what/who' he wants to protect. It would be shipping fodder if the next people to speak were Hinata and Sakura alone, but Gaara is in there too for some reason.

It's a poor excuse because Kishimoto historically has never had an issue with making Sakura irrelevant, and if NaruHina was as obvious as you believe it to be, then the manga would have reflected that. The fact it doesn't is telling enough.

Hold up, you're willing to take every last bit of information that even remotely hints at NaruHina as canon, but when the narrator - the same narrator I might add - hints that, for some reason, Naruto will have some kind of reaction to Sakura's new looks, it's just purely inconsequential marketing bluster? Please.

Feel free to point out what I've been ignoring. Like I said, I'm willing to keep going in good faith, but you're being awfully disingenuous if you're going to cherry pick the promotional releases that jive with your preferences.
Its cause the narrator is talking about sakuras design not the plot, and ive been mainly paying attention to the visuals and the actual character dialogue not really the narrator. The only thing thats big is the last story being the first love which is much more important than "oh sakuras older...naruto thinks thats something" youre litterally taking the tiniest, most miniscule thing and using it as a tiny round shield with 5 stability, against all the imagrey and dialouge that forms together into a giant lightning zweihander.

And there was Hinata hitting narutos shoulder into place which was not necessary at all, kishimoto purposly broke narutos arm just for that, also her resolve to keep walking with naruto which recalled the hand hold, then there was hinata desperatly trying to reach naruto when he was dying but couldnt because he was flying away on garras sand and she was too exausted. Then there was Hinata being the only character to have a written reaction to the infinite tsukyomi activating and getting wrapped in a pod calling out to naruto with naruto seemingly senseing her cry and tries to go help her, since he had no idea what was going outside.then there was Hinatas dream which is obvious to be naruto and her together with her family closer together. After that yeah she stops getting screen time but again thats because naruto and sasuke were fighting madara/kaguya and sakuras interactions were basically all with Sasuke at that point. Hell they had sakura leave naruto and have her go after sasuke by herself and they have sasuke holding sakura up, if he didnt care about her then why didnt he just let her fall? He didnt have to catch her.
Naruto and sakura have barely interactex at all since she did her job and kept him alive.

Frog-fu

Banned
a majority of the world sees NaruHina

Narusaku is in the minority

so what we see is likely common then not

NaruHina is the most popular hetero fandom in the West. From what I've been told it's SasuSaku > NaruSaku > NaruHina in Japan.

Regardless, popularity is never a trustworthy indication.

Its cause the narrator is talking about sakuras design not the plot, and ive been mainly paying attention to the visuals and the actual character dialogue not really the narrator. The only thing thats big is the last story being the first love which is much more important than "oh sakuras older...naruto thinks thats something" youre litterally taking the tiniest, most miniscule thing and using it as a tiny round shield with 5 stability, against all the imagrey and dialouge that forms together into a giant lightning zweihander.

I appreciate your attempt at wit, but you're ignoring the fact that narrator is given very specific lines to say in order to promote the movie. He's not just going to say whatever and just run with it.

And there was Hinata hitting narutos shoulder into place which was not necessary at all, kishimoto purposly broke narutos arm just for that, also her resolve to keep walking with naruto which recalled the hand hold,

OK, so that's one thing I missed one. I do find it interesting you're so eager to note that this was not just by coincidence but purposefully written in the story, and yet you'll ignore any reference, callback or parallel that supports NaruSaku as mere coincidence.

then there was hinata desperatly trying to reach naruto when he was dying but couldnt because he was flying away on garras sand and she was too exausted.

I already made note of this. Interesting how Hinata failed to reach Naruto though, isn't it? I sense a recurring theme.

Then there was Hinata being the only character to have a written reaction to the infinite tsukyomi activating and getting wrapped in a pod calling out to naruto with naruto seemingly senseing her cry and tries to go help her, since he had no idea what was going outside.

Don't be ridiculous, Naruto sensed everyone being capture, not just Hinata. His sensory perception can pick up disturbances for miles.

then there was Hinatas dream which is obvious to be naruto and her together with her family closer together.

Did I not note this already? Regardless.
Code:
[IMG]http://110.imagebam.com/download/AckgStbAGQtVQQFIY66TRg/36134/361334315/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-31%20at%2016.16.36.png[/IMG]

After that yeah she stops getting screen time but again thats because naruto and sasuke were fighting madara/kaguya and sakuras interactions were basically all with Sasuke at that point. Hell they had sakura leave naruto and have her go after sasuke by herself and they have sasuke holding sakura up, if he didnt care about her then why didnt he just let her fall? He didnt have to catch her.
Naruto and sakura have barely interactex at all since she did her job and kept him alive.

OK, as hilariously out of character Sasuke just flat out dropping Sakura would be, how did this not stand out as unnecessary when we already Sakura wants to support Naruto? Better yet, why is Obito looking at her like that, and why is there such an emphasis on her quiet reaction?
Code:
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/hDesfjGroUlxDsSneL4v3Q/36134/361334703/686-2.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://112.imagebam.com/download/Q0jbCXwGklZH2sEPGAlrzA/36134/361334706/686-3.png[/IMG]

Of course, I'm not hailing this as "OMG OBITOES SHIPS NS!" but I'm not going to disregard it as completely meaningless on the face of it.

You're still ignoring the fact Hinata has far too little panel time over the course of the war arc to convincingly prove NaruHina is as obvious as you've made it out to be. Sakura could've still been heavily featured in the war without having such an emphasis on all things Naruto, and Hinata could've gotten much more than she got if Kishimoto had any intention to build up NaruHina in the final arc.

They're not out of course, but this week not everyone was a fan of it. Because people didn't put their reactions under tags or it made them anxious.

So, if people like I do it like you said or not post them at all.
I think as a courtesy, everyone should clearly mark their spoilers. The suggested format above is perfect. Last week I clicked on your "Sasuke cries and admits defeat" without knowing what it was, since it wasn't identified at all :(

Sai

All these tidbits from the Data Book preview going around and y'all still talkin' about pairings. :p

"Rinnesharingan" is the name of the dōjutsu that was used to cast Mugen Tsukuyomi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom