• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Yes, my bad.

Tobirama's analysis came after the Gudōdama got rid of the Amaterasu flames though so he didn't infer that, not really. If you're referring to the negation taking effect outside of the Gudōdama in the sense that Minato couldn't regrow his arm, then I'll agree with you.
Nope. Also in the sense that the negation applied to Ninjutsu/chakra-based attacks that struck his body. The analysis—or explanation of said analysis, I guess would be more appropriate—was what he said immediately after the Senjutsu Rasengan struck Obito's back:

"Even though Ninjutsu doesn't work... Senjutsu attacks do!!... The Senjutsu of the frog from Myōbokuzan... That he couldn't erase it was proof!"

Be it Onmyōton, or the fact that the Jūbi is a huge mass of natural energy(though I doubt this, as the Jubi itself could still be harmed by Naruto and Sasuke's prior, inferior combination attack), the body of it's Jinchūriki was also impervious to normal, charka-based attacks.

Whatever it did, it caused holes to form in Obito's shield. Check it out in chapter 642.
I'm afraid I'm not seeing holes, but Obito altering the Gudōdama to the semi-multi-disk-like shapes that he was using before the Jūbi's subjugation; shaking and pushing the sticky substance off:

noholes_zps9cf7dc42.jpg

The point made by Tobirama wasn't that the Mizuame Teppō was eradicating the Gudōdama, but that the Gudōdama were not eradicating the Mizuame Teppō.

Sasuke said he inherited Hagoromo's Yin power, so whatever that Chidori was, it was probably the same as Madara's Yin based lightning attack and thus capable of damaging him.
Just as he said that Naruto inherited Rikudō's Yang power, but we know he had Rikudō Senjutsu on top of that. Sasuke spoke in terms of what was necessary to use the Fūinjutsu Hagoromo prepared for them.

Moreover, it has yet to be established that Hagoromo's power of Inton or Yōton are capable of damaging those like him—Jūbi Jinchūriki. We have only been told that Senjutsu-based chakra attacks are able to do so.

I think that the manga is pretty clear on negation being tied to Gudōdama but I also believe this argument has run its course as we're just regurgitating points we made earlier at this point.
That's fine, as long as my point got across. I'm not denying that Ninjutsu negation was tied to the Gudōdama, but that it was also present on the Jūbi Jinchūriki's body; it was the fact that Gamakichi's Mizuame Teppō couldn't be "erased" that lead them to suspect that Senjutsu would be capable of successfully inflicting damage upon Obito's body as well.

Radian8

Regarding Chapter 685:
I have a feeling that was the 'real' Naruto that just died...He has simply gained the ability to transfer his consciousnesses to his clones. That's why his clone looked shocked after he was killed and his cloak took so long to 'pop'. He will reveal that he has 'died' in an upcoming issue.

I don't believe having the truth black balls behind him is a sure way of knowing it's the 'real' him, they could in fact be clones and they will change to Naruto's and grab Kaguya for a final strike with Sasuke/Naruto to seal her, much like the fight with Zabuza, since Kishi is going for old school at the moment.

Naruto should end up with all the women at the end. Anko, Ino, Tsunade, Shizune, Temari, Tenten, and Sasuke can all get it. Sakura and Hinata however, suffer from thirtyness so advanced that I can't imagine they could get wet if they sat on an open fire hydrant.

EDIT: I have no idea why I posted that.

Calvero

Banned
He's probably going to stick them on a clone to trick them into thinking he's the original.
He pulled something similar with Neiji. He made a bunch of clones and had one hold back to look like it was the original.

damn now I want to go back and watch that fight

Sai

Regarding Chapter 685:
I have a feeling that was the 'real' Naruto that just died...He has simply gained the ability to transfer his consciousnesses to his clones. That's why his clone looked shocked after he was killed and his cloak took so long to 'pop'. He will reveal that he has 'died' in an upcoming issue.

I don't believe having the truth black balls behind him is a sure way of knowing it's the 'real' him, they could in fact be clones and they will change to Naruto's and grab Kaguya for a final strike with Sasuke/Naruto to seal her, much like the fight with Zabuza, since Kishi is going for old school at the moment.
It was made pretty clear in this week's chapter that the Naruto Kaguya killed was the Kage Bunshin that had been accompanying Kakashi and the others, the one that went along with Obito. The real Naruto tried to get into Kaguya's portal, but missed it.

We saw all of this as the Kage Bunshin "poofed", and it's experiences were relayed to Naruto.

Honestly, I disliked that such a large portion of the chapter was wasted on recounting all that; it could be gathered from the end of last week's chapter.

I've being reading the Naruto Tumblr and just basking in the Sasusaku love. People are losing their Goddamn minds there.

The more I think about this chapter the more I like it. Obito was great in there, funny how he was the one that made Sasuke lost his mind yet here he is giving his life to saving him because of Naruto.

I also liked how Sasuke was alone in an entire dimension by himself. (Heck does the desert represents his life, no clan, no village, no family, no friends) yet he still felt Naruto's presence and thanks to that he was able to be at the right place at the right time.

Radian8

It was made pretty clear in this week's chapter that the Naruto Kaguya killed was the Kage Bunshin that had been accompanying Kakashi and the others, the one that went along with Obito. The real Naruto tried to get into Kaguya's portal, but missed it.

We saw all of this as the Kage Bunshin "poofed", and it's experiences were relayed to Naruto.

Honestly, I disliked that such a large portion of the chapter was wasted on recounting all that; it could be gathered from the end of last week's chapter.
I don't understand then why would Kishi have spent so many panels showing the left over coat and it eventually 'poofing' away or the look of shock on Narutos face on the next page.
There may be something more significant about this, or I may just be looking in to it too deeply, but Kishi usually doesn't spent time on panels like this that don't have some significance.

Frog-fu

Banned
Nope. Also in the sense that the negation applied to Ninjutsu/chakra-based attacks that struck his body. The analysis—or explanation of said analysis, I guess would be more appropriate—was what he said immediately after the Senjutsu Rasengan struck Obito's back:

"Even though Ninjutsu doesn't work... Senjutsu attacks do!!... The Senjutsu of the frog from Myōbokuzan... That he couldn't erase it was proof!"

Be it Onmyōton, or the fact that the Jūbi is a huge mass of natural energy(though I doubt this, as the Jubi itself could still be harmed by Naruto and Sasuke's prior, inferior combination attack), the body of it's Jinchūriki was also impervious to normal, charka-based attacks.

You're misunderstanding. I was referring to Tobirama's analysis of the Gudōdama's ninjutsu negation properties became apparent after the combo attack failed and he noticed that Minato still hadn't regenerated his limb.

I'm afraid I'm not seeing holes, but Obito altering the Gudōdama to the semi-multi-disk-like shapes that he was using before the Jūbi's subjugation; shaking and pushing the sticky substance off:

The point made by Tobirama wasn't that the Mizuame Teppō was eradicating the Gudōdama, but that the Gudōdama were not eradicating the Mizuame Teppō.

Look at these two panel cuts. They clearly show Obito defending himself with a large mass of Gudōdama matter, which is worn down considerably the very next panel. This now only shows that Senjutsu isn't affected by ninjutsu negation but that it also does damage the substance created by the Gudōdama.

Screen%20Shot%202014-07-15%20at%2023.42.12.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-07-15%20at%2023.42.33.png

Just as he said that Naruto inherited Rikudō's Yang power, but we know he had Rikudō Senjutsu on top of that. Sasuke spoke in terms of what was necessary to use the Fūinjutsu Hagoromo prepared for them.

Moreover, it has yet to be established that Hagoromo's power of Inton or Yōton are capable of damaging those like him—Jūbi Jinchūriki. We have only been told that Senjutsu-based chakra attacks are able to do so.

The confusing part is that Senjutsu can refer both to techniques part of Sage Mode and to Hagoromo's power.

Sasuke specifically says he's going to use the Sage's chakra - which we know to be Yin. We also know Madara used Yin based lightning jutsu that very same chapter. So either you're suggesting Sasuke has Sage Mode or he's using Yin chakra to power up his Chidori.

Yin, Yang and Yin-Yang Release are powers exclusive to godlike individuals that have the Sage's power. What proof is required for it to be evident that those elements can hurt Madara?

That's fine, as long as my point got across. I'm not denying that Ninjutsu negation was tied to the Gudōdama, but that it was also present on the Jūbi Jinchūriki's body; it was the fact that Gamakichi's Mizuame Teppō couldn't be "erased" that lead them to suspect that Senjutsu would be capable of successfully inflicting damage upon Obito's body as well.

I perfectly understand your point, but I can't agree with it, and the way I see it, the manga doesn't support your claims. But like I said, this argument has run its course.

Sai

I don't understand then why would Kishi have spent so many panels showing the left over coat and it eventually 'poofing' away or the look of shock on Narutos face on the next page.
There may be something more significant about this, or I may just be looking in to it too deeply, but Kishi usually doesn't spent time on panels like this that don't have some significance.
The look of shock on Naruto's face was because of the Kage Bunshin's experiences being relayed to him. Recall the similar instances during his training to master Wind Release, or when the Kage Bunshin he had supporting the Gokage before their fight with Madara was dispelled.

And I believe the "poof" was delayed precisely due to the timing Kishimoto intended for the flackback detailing the Kage Bunshin's experiences to play out. It was certainly different, though.

There's already cosplay of Sakura's new look. And here I am, an Artist that doesn't even take his time to draw his favorite characters.

Edit: That face though

tumblr_n8rstprbqq1qkniolo1_400.png

I've being reading the Naruto Tumblr and just basking in the Sasusaku love. People are losing their Goddamn minds there.

The more I think about this chapter the more I like it. Obito was great in there, funny how he was the one that made Sasuke lost his mind yet here he is giving his life to saving him because of Naruto.

I also liked how Sasuke was alone in an entire dimension by himself. (Heck does the desert represents his life, no clan, no village, no family, no friends) yet he still felt Naruto's presence and thanks to that he was able to be at the right place at the right time.
sounds like a terrible abyss of evil and death

whoa...just seeing so many people who like the same weird stuff I like...awesome...

On the Naruto thing, i think it's pretty simple actually, Pre-Shippuden, most of Naruto is really really good. I remember my wife watching most of the first 135 episodes with me. Even the First Shippuden episode where we get a glimpse of Sasuke older and the inevitable reunion, it was so much better than the actual anime where they met up. Granted, the manga does this better and I get the "true" story should be read, but really the anime quality taking a nose dive really hurt the series.

Still, the quality was just inconsistent. Characters got too strong too fast. What Naruto was able to do against Pain should be end of the series level stuff. When you start to get into Tail Beast power blowing craters in the earth and this amazing chakra being wielded by one person? the sense of scale is just lost, and for Naruto, where the focus was on ninjutsu and smart tactics, all of that was lost.

In fact, the anime truly feels like two different shows. Still, Naruto meeting his parents was some of the best writing I've seen Kishi do. The Shikimaru arc was amazing. Hinata's love was brilliant albeit short-lived and lacked the impact on the story I feel the character deserved. The 8 tails was just a fantastic addition to the show, and Sasuke had some nice breakout moments even with his self-absorbed fights. Kishi ruined him by not allowing him time to reflect and making him such a one dimensional character. Realistically, Sasuke should have been a lot less stable and easy to manipulate by anyone with what Itachi did to him. Kish should have read some psychology books or something because it just wasn't realistic how Sasuke was acting before the first talked to him. Still, i'm hoping it ends well, and there's an actual point to everyone becoming OP, I think Naruto and Sasuke are going to take away chakra or something and people have to learn to fight 'normal' again, and they compete to who will become hokage with there own "natural' strength. I still don't even get what the Mother is though? Is she like Eve and got power from eating the forbidden fruit? lol...looking forward to the ending.

The elemental stuff was a focus while naruto was coming up with the rasenshuriken and in the fight against the immortals. It's basically not mattered at all outside of those moments.

Then you had yin, yang, and yin-yang release introduced, which is basically kishimoto's way of saying "This shit is so rad it has its own nature classification"
agreed, this is the whole point I was bringing out about everyone being OP and tailed beast combined chakra being too much to really show the proper scale. The little things like smart tactics, last minute reads on your opponent, elemental affinity, senju, missions, lot of that was lost since the great war started...

Jarnet87

Not a Naruto fan myself but have a buddy who is, and he tells me that the manga is "almost" over. As a tortured Bleach fan, I envy you.

Monocle

Naruto should end up with all the women at the end. Anko, Ino, Tsunade, Shizune, Temari, Tenten, and Sasuke can all get it. Sakura and Hinata however, suffer from thirtyness so advanced that I can't imagine they could get wet if they sat on an open fire hydrant.

EDIT: I have no idea why I posted that.
Because it's the god's honest truth.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The only thing is I've never had any impression that Naruto is attracted to Sakura as a person. Just her looks. Unlike Hinata.

I mean what.

This notion has been denied wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back on the first chapters of Naruto with the "I finally understand why I like her" line.

And if anything, Hinata is more of a traditional beauty compared to Sakura.

Speaking of her, I always find her to be a rather sad/pathetic character in that her ENTIRE reasoning to exist seems to be just getting Naruto's attention. That's just sad.

Yep but that's where the pairing fandom is as it's strongest.
I'll admit I do the same for every tv show where shipping is involved. I love to see how passionate some people are with their gifs and pics and quotes about the pairings. Classic tumblr. Kishi got these cats on a roller coaster ride. Even this chapter had a moment where you would think she was sweet on naruto but the end has her dreams come true with the sauce holding her. And I'm sure kishimoto has something up his sleeve in the near future to rock the boat again.

It's not even close, at least I don't think

Nobody could have predicted this current predicament.
I don't know if it's imminently about to finish but I fully believe him when he says the war arc is the beginning of the end.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hey guys, step back for a moment and realize that Naruto is working together with the man who killed his parents.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dat Ninja Jesus turning the other cheek

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Lol can we have a version 3,0 of the bell test now

Except get the bell from undead minato

Good ol Naruto, you can kill his parents, kill his friends, kill his mentor, destroy his village, and he will turn the other cheek, but god help you if you dare touch his true love Sasuke.

People always joke about that Naruto/sasuke love but to me, absolutely nothing beats a great bromance. I'll take that over some cheesy romance arc any day..

He just TnJ'd himself probably.
what bromance, the only parts of their relationship we saw was Sasuke being a massive dick, Naruto eventually getting tired of that shit, and a few flashes here and there that maybe they could become good friends

what bromance, the only parts of their relationship we saw was Sasuke being a massive dick, Naruto eventually getting tired of that shit, and a few flashes here and there that maybe they could become good friends
Sasuke has just been playing hard to get. It only makes the bromance stronger when you fight the urges to bro out. Wait until they do the fusion dance and become one to defeat Kaguya. You'll see.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Sasuke has just been playing hard to get. It only makes the bromance stronger when you fight the urges to bro out. Wait until they do the fusion dance and become one to defeat Kaguya. You'll see.

finally someone else thinks they are gonna fuse

Seriously though. What do you guys think is going to be the big announcement?

New movie? End date for the series? Maybe the opposite and it will be announced that there will be a complete other part after this? What say you guys. Then we can see who was right when it happens. I hope it's not a hiatus :S

Welfare

Seriously though. What do you guys think is going to be the big announcement?

New movie? End date for the series? Maybe the opposite and it will be announced that there will be a complete other part after this? What say you guys. Then we can see who was right when it happens. I hope it's not a hiatus :S

Haven't they already announced a new movie though? Probably going to be the time when the series ends
and then an announcement on a sequel manga or something like that.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
So what's Kakashi doing atm? Sightseeing? LOL

He's like, "hey look over there, hey look at this rock over here"

<3 Kakashi

Frog-fu

Banned
The announcement can be one of two things (or both actually):
1. the Naruto manga is officially announced to end this year (or early 2015)
2. the new movie is announced (and is possibly tied to the endgame of the series)

And just like that Naruto has no chance with Sakura anymore.

Nah.

Something tells me Sasuke's going to make a move on Sakura in one fashion or another and come to realise that ship has - finally - sailed and Naruto got the girl in the end. Sakura still gets satisfaction from being acknowledged and pursued by Sasuke, but in the end finds someone that's actually loved her all along.

Naruto becomes the Rokudaime and marries Sakura who becomes the head medic. Sasuke settles down with Karin and raise a bunch of super powered Uzumaki-Uchiha babies.

I can easily imagine Sasuke retiring from active duty and remain in the village as something akin to an advisor/influential figure to ensure nothing like the Uchiha Massacre can ever happen again.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn @ that last panel. So many fangirl squeals I guess.

Naruto should stay with Hinata. its only fair. Screw Sakura... at least she did something cool at the end :p

You're misunderstanding. I was referring to Tobirama's analysis of the Gud&#333;dama's ninjutsu negation properties became apparent after the combo attack failed and he noticed that Minato still hadn't regenerated his limb.

Look at these two panel cuts. They clearly show Obito defending himself with a large mass of Gud&#333;dama matter, which is worn down considerably the very next panel. This now only shows that Senjutsu isn't affected by ninjutsu negation but that it also does damage the substance created by the Gud&#333;dama.

Screen%20Shot%202014-07-15%20at%2023.42.12.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-07-15%20at%2023.42.33.png

The confusing part is that Senjutsu can refer both to techniques part of Sage Mode and to Hagoromo's power.

Sasuke specifically says he's going to use the Sage's chakra - which we know to be Yin. We also know Madara used Yin based lightning jutsu that very same chapter. So either you're suggesting Sasuke has Sage Mode or he's using Yin chakra to power up his Chidori.

Yin, Yang and Yin-Yang Release are powers exclusive to godlike individuals that have the Sage's power. What proof is required for it to be evident that those elements can hurt Madara?

I perfectly understand your point, but I can't agree with it, and the way I see it, the manga doesn't support your claims. But like I said, this argument has run its course.

Your post made me think of something… Suppose Hagoromo taught senjutsu to the tailed beasts, who in turn taught senjutsu to the animals of the ninja world? I would like to know how many other “types” of senjutsu are out there. I would also like to know where Hashirama received his sage powers as well.

So what's Kakashi doing atm? Sightseeing? LOL

He's like, "hey look over there, hey look at this rock over here"

<3 Kakashi
He is reading a book!

The announcement can be one of two things (or both actually):
1. the Naruto manga is officially announced to end this year (or early 2015)
2. the new movie is announced (and is possibly tied to the endgame of the series)

Nah.

Something tells me Sasuke's going to make a move on Sakura in one fashion or another and come to realise that ship has - finally - sailed and Naruto got the girl in the end. Sakura still gets satisfaction from being acknowledged and pursued by Sasuke, but in the end finds someone that's actually loved her all along.

Naruto becomes the Rokudaime and marries Sakura who becomes the head medic. Sasuke settles down with Karin and raise a bunch of super powered Uzumaki-Uchiha babies.

I can easily imagine Sasuke retiring from active duty and remain in the village as something akin to an advisor/influential figure to ensure nothing like the Uchiha Massacre can ever happen again.
I don't think it's ending this year, but yeah I could see early 2015 being true.

Also I hope Sasuke doesn't "go" for Sakura. I don't mind him acknowledging her but I feel like it would be out of character for him these days, after everything he has done, to want to be with her all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom