• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
yo some of these conspiracy theories from the NS place are amazing. Apparently, Sasuke poking Sakura's head is actually a Naruto clone showing Sakura that unlike Sasuke he cares about her forehead.......

I don't know whats real anymore
The reactions I'm seeing are like the Stages of Grief people experience when somebody dies.

The stages, popularly known by the acronym DABDA, include:

Denial — As the reality of loss is hard to face, one of the first reactions to follow the loss is Denial. The person is trying to shut out the reality or magnitude of his/her situation, and begins to develop a false, preferable reality.

Anger — Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. The person in question can be angry with himself, or with others, or at a higher power, and especially those who are close to them. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would God let this happen?"

Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow undo or avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Other times, they will use anything valuable as a bargaining chip against another human agency to extend or prolong the life they live. In essence, the individual cannot totally move into acceptance yet acknowledges the fact that what has happened cannot be undone. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek to negotiate a compromise. For example, one may say "Can we still be friends?" when facing a break-up. Bargaining rarely provides a sustainable solution, especially if it is a matter of life or death.

Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the grieving person begins to understand the certainty of death. Much like the existential concept of The Void, the idea of living becomes pointless. Things begin to lose meaning to the griever. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and sullen. This process allows the grieving person to disconnect from things of love and affection, possibly in an attempt to avoid further trauma. Depression could be referred to as the dress rehearsal for the 'aftermath'. It is a kind of acceptance with emotional attachment. It is natural to feel sadness, regret, fear, and uncertainty when going through this stage. Feeling those emotions shows that the person has begun to accept the situation. Oftentimes, this is the ideal path to take, to find closure and make their ways to the fifth step, Acceptance.

Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, individuals begin to come to terms with their mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. This stage varies according to the person's situation. People dying can enter this stage a long time before the people they leave behind, who must pass through their own individual stages of dealing with the grief. This typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable mindset.
Anime pairings are serious business.

LadyGT - she's a brilliant artists who's been shipping NS for years and made all kinds of fan art. She was apparently so heart broken that she was crying all day and her sister posted on tumblr to try and cheer her up. I'm sad for her. She's, understandably, decided to never draw fan art for NS again. :/

Wow, im shocked. People are actually losing their minds over a manga??? I love the Naruto series to bits, but id never let it affect my everyday life. That's just nuts.

How old is Lady GT? I assume she must be very young to have such a reaction?

Oh wow.
Shizune
and Kakashi sounds like a really cute pair.

And as far as LadyGT goes... I dunno. Way too much stock into a fictional pairing.

LadyGT - she's a brilliant artists who's been shipping NS for years and made all kinds of fan art. She was apparently so heart broken that she was crying all day and her sister posted on tumblr to try and cheer her up. I'm sad for her. She's, understandably, decided to never draw fan art for NS again. :/

Holy shit some people need to get laid and get out of the house.

Wow, im shocked. People are actually losing their minds over a manga??? I love the Naruto series to bits, but id never let it affect my everyday life. That's just nuts.

How old is Lady GT? I assume she must be very young to have such a reaction?

The reactions I'm seeing are like the Stages of Grief people experience when somebody dies.

Anime pairings are serious business.

Yeah, unfortunately I fear many are never going to get to the acceptance stage.

Fj0823

Lol! Im sure now that Kishi stole KorraGAFs pairing generator for this ending.

Wouldn't be surprised if Anko is married to the the 8 tails at this point xD

At least Lee, Tenten, and Guy got away unscathed from the flames of end ship madness. (Neji too in a way). Best team confirmed. Rocking that ninja life rather than shacking up.

Shino and Tenten? It's the only girl left, haha.
Well shit, I can totally see that with how random everything is going on.

12 year old me would have wanted Neji and Tenten, though. RIP to the true ninja genius. Fuck a Sauce.

At least Lee, Tenten, and Guy got away unscathed from the flames of end ship madness. (Neji too in a way). Best team confirmed, that ninja life more important than shacking up.
Wouldn't be too sure about that, Lee and Tenten aren't together, but that doesn't mean they aren't winning (yet.)

Edit: Choji won too, I forgot to mention.

TUSR

Banned

Hahahaha

Heroman

Banned

THis is the fucking funnest thing I heard all day.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Well shit, I can totally see that with how random everything is going on.

12 year old me would have wanted Neji and Tenten, though. RIP to the true ninja genius. Fuck a Sauce.

Wouldn't be too sure about that, Lee and Tenten aren't together, but that doesn't mean they aren't winning (yet.)

Edit: Choji won too, I forgot to mention.

Sai won too!

Ninja can get married and have kids sure, but I don't need or want Kishi to go so overboard that he pairs up every single character with whoever he can remember just for the hell of it. Some things are better left unsaid, and characters have more important parts to their arc/life that an ending should address besides who they hook up with.

I just dont get these people. Its a fucking manga jesus

Checked out her DA, shes really talented :U

360pages

Her reaction to the news aside, LadyGT is a really good artist. Holy shit.

Ino lost, though. Having to settle for the Sasuke lookalike because Sakura somehow got Sasuke.

She's going to hold that L for life.

To be fair, her only reaction I saw was saying it was the worst thing ever, I don't think she is actually taking it that far.

*facepalm*

Hopefully she can place her talent elsewhere

Anyone that goes batshit insane, gets severely depressed, or tries to harm themselves in any way, need to seriously stay away from Manga and get some professional help..

Im still shocked.

In the wake of these spoilers someone looking in this thread unaware of what Naruto is about would be forgiven if they left thinking it was a haphazard romance series and not the cycle of hate breaking adventures of Ninja Jesus.

Safe to say I never imagined the final chapter fallout would go in such a humorous direction, for now at least.

Heroman

Banned
Ninja can get married and have kids sure, but I don't need or want Kishi to go so overboard that he pairs up every single character with whoever he can remember just for the hell of it. Some things are better left unsaid, and characters have more important parts to their arc/life that an ending should address besides who they hook up with.

He should took a page out of db and only have some characters hook up.

LMAO

*eagerly awaits the douijins.....*
image.php

To be fair, her only reaction I saw was saying it was the worst thing ever, I don't think she is actually taking it that far.
Someone here said that she was crying on tumblr? Ah, well. Nevertheless, I hope she'll be alright and continue to draw because she's pretty damned good at it.

Highwind

I know LadyGT. She is usually level headed but the ship was special to her and put a lot of effort into the art she drew as well as being part of the NaruSaku fanbase.

She was also heavily against garbage like SasuSaku which degraded Sakura's character. Yeah it's easy to say "just a manga jeez" but y'know people take things differently. :/

What's funny is at a time I didn't think even the worst author out there would promote/support the concept of SasuSaku (will always despise it for what it did to Sakura's character), guess I was proven wrong today.

For the record I haven't heard anything about her actually crying, just being really down on the ending.

360pages

I know LadyGT. She is usually level headed but the ship was special to her and put a lot of effort into the art she drew as well as being part of the NaruSaku fanbase.

She was also heavily against garbage like SasuSaku which degraded Sakura's character. Yeah it's easy to say "just a manga jeez" but y'know people take things differently. :/

What's funny is at a time I didn't think even the worst author out there would promote/support the concept of SasuSaku (will always despise it for what it did to Sakura's character), guess I was proven wrong today.

For the record I haven't heard anything about her actually crying, just being really down on the ending.

Nonono, you don't understand the pure raw emotions of Sakura/Sasuke.

(Plus, Sakura had to end up with someone? Single at the end of a Shonen? What do you want her to be Yamcha?)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

That's the only part people care about dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom