• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japarican

Banned
tumblr_lt90zsJfHj1r2wjt7o1_1280.jpg

110% true. When Naruto was fighting Pain and Hinata said she loved him. I was like "what" that shit was so random. There was no development except for a few pages of being embarrassed seeing him. Then the next part when he holds Hinatas hand for the KCM, made no sense

Namikaze1

If the reverse happened?

I would be laughing no matter what dumb pairing happened. After dealing with this fanbases obsession with pairing for so many years I earned this carthasis goddamnit. face_vincemcmahon
Trust me, I had no interest in who ended up with who. Okay, maybe I was shipping ShikaTem, whatever.

So how much longer until the terrible fanfics/comics that desperately try to make their pet-pairings happen post-700 by writing everyone wildly OoC start to surface?

The best fight for be it would be the first encounter with Akatsuki, when Itachi performed Tusukuyomi on Kakashi, and of course Pain vs Jiraya, one of the few decently written characters in the whole manga.
Anyway, I've gotta hand it to Kishi, all the fights in Naruto are dope as fuck, especially when Naruto is involed ( Neji vs Naruto is HYPE).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto vs Pain
that was the beginning of the end for NaruSaku
you dont just go batshit insane over anyone

He had never gone past 4 tails ever before (and It was always a gradual buildup from the cloak, to 1 tails, 2 tails, etc..). But he sees Hinata get stabbed? Bam, instant 6 tails-mode, starts going up to 9 tails (AND PAIN IS HOLDING HIS OWN).

Shows just how nuts Naruto went and how crazy OP Nagato was (Even after fighting the whole damn village and leveling it)

Wynnebeck

Banned
Top 3 fights?

1. Gaara vs. Rock Lee
2. Madara vs. Gai
3. Shikamaru vs. Hidan

Also, wasn't Shizune Tsunade's assistant? I'm having a hard time remembering all of these scrubs like Karui, Shizune, and others.

Pein

Banned
Sasuke had some dope fights too

Danzo vs Sasuke
Deidara vs Sasuke
Gokage vs Sasuke
Killer Bee vs Taka
Sasuke vs orochimaru
Sasuke vs Itachi
Itachi and Sasuke vs Kabuto

Sasuke won all because of some bullshit.

Kishi sure had me fooled by making his ending about who banged who and not about celebrating the personal journey of his characters.
Or perhaps this is actually Naruto's answer to eliminating hate in the ninja world, everyone pair up and get loving because love overcomes the hatred.
Jiraiya's pervy novels must've been following a similar albeit flawed train of logic, it all makes sense now.

What was everyone's favorite fight in the series?
Rewatching Naruto vs Pain earlier (ep 167 is great, nuts to the haters) and it's definitely in the running for the top spot.

Lee (and later Gaara) vs Kimimaro, Jiraiya vs Pain and Sasuke vs Deidara (BS ending aside) also leap to mind, actually coming to think of it there really are a lot of enjoyable ones, this is tougher to narrow down than I thought.
For instance I've always got a special spot for some Shikamaru plans especially against Hidan and while completely one sided Neji vs Hinata clicks with me as well, though that's not so much a great fight as a character development piece.

Fox318

Danzo vs Sasuke
Deidara vs Sasuke
Gokage vs Sasuke
Killer Bee vs Taka
Sasuke vs orochimaru
Sasuke vs Itachi

That's why I can't really rank any of his fights high.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Danzo vs Sasuke
Deidara vs Sasuke
Gokage vs Sasuke
Killer Bee vs Taka
Sasuke vs orochimaru
Sasuke vs Itachi

Sasuke was more of an observer for Itachi vs Kabuto

Shouta

The only way I can see Sasuke's feelings for Sakura as "just business" is if i absolutly ignore everything he's said or did up to this point. To my knowledge have has been only three instances where Sasuke wasn't ether neutral or hostel to Her.

When he told Naruto to run away with her while he holds off Gara
When he said thank you just before he knocked her the fuck out.
When he fought the sound time after they put a beating on Sakura. But even that was more about him reveling in his own power.

I was just pointing out that him not hating her was quite the possibility not that he was absolutely in love with her.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto vs Pain
that was the beginning of the end for NaruSaku
you dont just go batshit insane over anyone

Naruto got pissed off at Orochimaru for talking shit about Sasuke.

He barely knew Hinata at the time. He would have gone mad if anyone Konoha 11 were seemingly killed in front of him. It also didn't help that the person doing the killing killed Jiraiya, rekt his entire village and had him pinned down and helpless.

If anything, the aftermath of that fight was in favour of NS, given how Sakura was seemingly upset over the fact Hinata loved Naruto, and not long after that we had Sai confronting her about Naruto. The romance drama was actually getting somewhere.

No one can convince me Kishimoto didn't change his mind towards the end of the manga. This shit was headed towards NS endgame for years before he changed his mind.

I don't give any shit about pairings, but who the fuck is Karui, what did she do in the story? I seriosuly don't remember her...couldn't they just leave the characters alone or just, you know, marry unknown people, maybe even non-ninjas? Was it that important to have character have kids? I just want Naruto to be Hokage :-(

I really disliked how his fight with Danzo was like a barrage of bullshit combined with Danzo being written to be lacking any sort of proper logic, his over reliance on Izanagi going as far to be used on mere shuriken at one point.
At least it gave us a classic Sasuke derp face.

ChoujixKarui????

That's random as fuck ... I mean, I always liked
Karui and wish she had been shown more but I don't think those 2 ever even met :/

And wow ...
Sas's kid has glasses?
Guess that's why he stays outside the village so much ...
to forget about how his wifes weak bitch genes jacked up his baby's eyeballs
. Either that or he
had the baby with Karin or w/e her name is and she died in child birth which would explain the need for glasses I guess but that's reaching!

We needed at least one outlier pairing, so i'm good with Choji x Karui. We may have not seen the developments, but the there has been a ton of time within that timeskip and a lot of things could have happened. I like how they chose at least on pairing to go crazy with rather than going with all of the safe options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom