• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

Mei probably retired because a man finally put a ring on it.

ig6rRd7MJcNbc.gif

Fox318

LadyGT - she's a brilliant artists who's been shipping NS for years and made all kinds of fan art. She was apparently so heart broken that she was crying all day and her sister posted on tumblr to try and cheer her up. I'm sad for her. She's, understandably, decided to never draw fan art for NS again. :/

wow

In the wake of these spoilers someone looking in this thread unaware of what Naruto is about would be forgiven if they left thinking it was a haphazard romance series and not the cycle of hate breaking adventures of Ninja Jesus.

Safe to say I never imagined the final chapter fallout would go in such a humorous direction, for now at least.

Kishi sure had me fooled by making his ending about who banged who and not about celebrating the personal journey of his characters.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That's the only part people care about dude
I don't know you if you were being sarcastic or not, but this post sums up everything wrong with the Naruto fanbase.

Seriously, why care more about this...

2388530180-bc612cceed.jpg

Than this?

naruto-rasengan-shuriken-wallpaper-6112.jpg

I'm not against pairings, but the level that people place them at in the fanbase is way out of proportion. Shonen seems like the wrong genre for romance to be so prominent in.

That said, I was a supporter of Lee and Sakura. But I can live with the pairings we got. I thought Samui and Kakashi would have ended up together, too, but, oh well.

She was also heavily against garbage like SasuSaku which degraded Sakura's character. Yeah it's easy to say "just a manga jeez" but y'know people take things differently. :/

My whole problem with SasuSaku. Any one the remotely cared about her as a characters wouldn't want her with Sasuke. Absolutely an abomination of a ship.

I don't know you if you were being sarcastic or not, but this post sums up everything wrong with the Naruto fanbase.

Seriously, why care more about this...

http://c85c7a.medialib.glogster.com/media/48/48f2a2ad757d84eb9054277a6d4f2f2d7001df958d46b8df5abf109d422c0538/2388530180-bc612cceed.jpg[iMG]

Than this?

[IMG]http://blog.avplaza.ru/wp-content/plugins/rh/naruto-rasengan-shuriken-wallpaper-6112.jpg[IMG]

I'm not against pairings, but the level that people place them at in the fanbase is way out of proportion. Shonen seems like the wrong genre for romance to be so prominent in.

That said, I was a supporter of Lee and Sakura. But I can live with the pairings we got. I thought Samui and Kakashi would have ended up together, too, but, oh well.[/QUOTE]
Eh, you like what you like. Some people like the Zelda series for combat and hate dungeon exploration and some people feel the reverse way.

But, I do agree that sometimes the fandoms of certain series can contain cringeworthy shit with the extreme shippers.

At the end of the day, none of the pairings really bother me either. Some of them are random as hell but whatever lol.

Shouta

This salt, lol

I don't think you could make an argument for Naruto and Sakura without making it look dumb, all things considered. Sakura's barely had any real feelings for Naruto in the series while Naruto's shown some for Hinata. Sasuke and Sakura kind of make sense as long as you interpret Sasuke's actions as business rather than actual hating on Sakura herself. At least, that's how I've always seen it. He's never hated Sakura or many of his peers but if they were obstacles he wouldn't hesitate to deal with them as necessary. As you recall, Sasuke has never hated Naruto, per his monologue in 698, but was willing to kill him to achieve the goal he aimed for, as it was necessary.

Namikaze1

I don't know what's worst: the meltdowns or the people celebrating and mocking fans of other pairings.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter.

so there's a chance the last couple of spoilers I posted are troll. The guy who posted them got banned and no one else confirmed them. So take it with a grain of salt. Also goes for the chapter coming out in 3 hours (which now is 1 or 2 dunno).

Frog-fu

Banned
There's a point where you cross the line from harmless schadenfreude into cuntish behaviour, and some of you are straddling that line. Yeah, shipping is inherently silly and people over invest in these characters, but to be cooing with delight that someone is that upset to the point of tears is gross.

This salt, lol

I don't think you could make an argument for Naruto and Sakura without making it look dumb, all things considered. Sakura's barely had any real feelings for Naruto in the series while Naruto's shown some for Hinata. Sasuke and Sakura kind of make sense as long as you interpret Sasuke's actions as business rather than actual hating on Sakura herself. At least, that's how I've always seen it. He's never hated Sakura or many of his peers but if they were obstacles he wouldn't hesitate to deal with them as necessary. As you recall, Sasuke has never hated Naruto, per his monologue in 698, but was willing to kill him to achieve the goal he aimed for, as it was necessary.

This is false.

Sakura has been hinted at numerous times to have conflicting feelings that weren't platonic.

Naruto has literally never showed any interest in Hinata beyond that of a friend.

SasuSaku makes sense, really? lol

I wont lie I'm still salty about Sasuke x Sakura. That just sends all the wrong messages.

Maybe there will be some sort of Sasuke redemption arc. Otherwise its just an awful pairing.

Veldin

Many years ago I would've been disappointed or upset about the ending and all of this pairing stuff, but at this point the manga has deteriorated in quality so much that the trainwreck is more funny than anything else.

Fox318

I know LadyGT. She is usually level headed but the ship was special to her and put a lot of effort into the art she drew as well as being part of the NaruSaku fanbase.

She was also heavily against garbage like SasuSaku which degraded Sakura's character. Yeah it's easy to say "just a manga jeez" but y'know people take things differently. :/

What's funny is at a time I didn't think even the worst author out there would promote/support the concept of SasuSaku (will always despise it for what it did to Sakura's character), guess I was proven wrong today.

For the record I haven't heard anything about her actually crying, just being really down on the ending.

SausSaku is horrible and most people would agree with that.

360pages

My whole problem with SasuSaku. Any one the remotely cared about her as a characters wouldn't want her with Sasuke. Absolutely an abomination of a ship.

I understand the line of thought though, throughout the entire series and most of part 2 Sakura pretty much treated everyone as a secondary concern when ever Sasuke was brought up.

Shouta

This is false.

Sakura has been hinted at numerous times to have conflicting feelings that weren't platonic.

Naruto has literally never showed any interest in Hinata beyond that of a friend.

Yeah... no. Sakura's feelings were never stated nor was the intention clear. It was left ambiguous enough to maybe interpret that way if one was inclined for that perhaps...

The more I think about it, the more I think Kishi is a master troll and king of torpedoes.

Namikaze1

People are melting down because two fictitious characters didn't bone.
And if the reverse had happened, I betcha Frog wouldn't be going on here about "Lol look at these salty tears!" like quite many of you have been doing in the past several pages.

As for the whole LadyGT thing, she's 21 and most likely spent most of her life following the manga. It's totally understandable to me how she feels. I felt the same way too when I read Harry didn't end up with Hermione. And that led to me no longer caring about pairings and shit.

The only shipping that matters in real life is Spider-Man and Mary Jane. Fuck you Marvel.

And if the reverse had happened, I betcha Frog wouldn't be going on here about "Lol look at these salty tears!" like quite many of you have been doing in the past several pages.

As for the whole LadyGT thing, she's 21 and most likely spent most of her life following the manga. It's totally understandable to me how she feels. I felt the same way too when I read Harry didn't end up with Hermione. And that led to me no longer caring about pairings and shit.

Frog probably had his HAHAHAHAHA post queued up and ready to go.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeah... no. Sakura's feelings were never stated nor was the intention clear. It was left ambiguous enough to maybe interpret that way if one was inclined for that perhaps...

The more I think about it, the more I think Kishi is a master troll and king of torpedoes.

It's the end of the manga, I can't be arsed to go through debate, I'm just going to say I think you wrong and leave it at that.

CronoShot

I wont lie I'm still salty about Sasuke x Sakura. That just sends all the wrong messages.

Maybe there will be some sort of Sasuke redemption arc. Otherwise its just an awful pairing.

Sakura's character in general sent all the wrong messages. This is just the final culmination of all the terribleness.

Namikaze1

The only shipping that matters in real life is Spider-Man and Mary Jane. Fuck you Marvel.

Frog probably had his HAHAHAHAHA post queued up and ready to go.
Gwen.

And he probably would have but he wouldn't be posting links to other forums while telling others to look at the "salt" like others have been doing.

If the reverse happened?

I would be laughing no matter what dumb pairing happened. After dealing with this fanbases obsession with pairing for so many years I earned this carthasis goddamnit. face_vincemcmahon

This salt, lol

The only way I can see Sasuke's feelings for Sakura as "just business" is if i absolutly ignore everything he's said or did up to this point. To my knowledge have has been only three instances where Sasuke wasn't ether neutral or hostel to Her.

When he told Naruto to run away with her while he holds off Gara
When he said thank you just before he knocked her the fuck out.
When he fought the sound time after they put a beating on Sakura. But even that was more about him reveling in his own power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom