• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Part 1 Sakura was legit useless, like she could be replaced with a cheap lamp for all she brought to the story in Part 1

Yeah if only Sakura had a ninja around to teach her something useful. Know because she didn't have a ninja clain or any family techniques to fall back on.

Seriously should should have had a teacher who gave a damn about her.

360pages

Yeah if only Sakura had a ninja around to teach her something useful. Know because she didn't have a ninja clain or any family techniques to fall back on.

To be fair, I think Sakura should have looked for her own teacher or something. Even if Naruto happened by jiraiya by chance he still hounded the guy for lessons. Sakura never actually trained or tried to learn anything for herself.

Frog-fu

Banned
When the best part of your character is acting as a book, then that's not a good thing. The only thing I remember her doing was protecting Naruto/ Sasuke when they got knocked out, and even then Rock Lee and Ino's group had to help her.

Outside of that, I don't think she ever contributed, she didn't help at all against Zabuza and Haku. And she wasn't even in the last two arcs of Part 1.

I said she had her uses and her moments, not that Kishimoto actually gave a fuck about her outside of a pairing perspective. She was the designated damsel in distress in Part I; in the Forest of Death and during Naruto VS Gaara.

Regardless of her role in Part I, it doesn't change the fact that tired old memes like "lol skura usles" got old years ago. Those bandwagoning insults aren't accurate and it's aggravating to read them in this thread.

Heroman

Banned

To bad she learned that stuff from tsunade, the weakest and worst hokage.

Yado

But why didn't she use the skills unique to her clan or gotten her Bijuu to help her out in a pinch? You know, something useful.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I haven't followed Naruto since the first season of Shippuden, but I like what I'm seeing from the end spoilers.

To be fair, I think Sakura should have looked for her own teacher or something. Even if Naruto happened by jiraiya by chance he still hounded the guy for lessons. Sakura never actually trained or tried to learn anything for herself.

Naruto had one useful skill and he stole that from the Hokage office. Sakura was assigned a Jounin sensei he did jack squat for his student besides Sasuke. He pawned Naruto off on Ebistu and left Sakura to fend for herself. It was Kakashi JOB to teach them and get his team ready for filed missions.

Fortunatly Sakura figured out the Kakashi didn't give a fuck about her and she asked Tsunade for help.

Frog-fu

Banned
She is the worst, and Kakashi would destroy her.

I'm sure that's why the daimyō and all of Konoha's higher up were willing to Kakashi to the curb the second news reached Tsunade came out of a coma.

Tsunde is a fine Hokage. You haven't given any reasons to the contrary.

What does Kakashi have that Tsunade can't tank? A glancing blow will be enough to take him out of his misery.

But why didn't she use the skills unique to her clan or gotten her Bijuu to help her out in a pinch? You know, something useful.

I know! She just couldn't be bothered to be born with deus ex Machina eyes or have a demon sealed in side her! The lazy ass got by out her own skills and determination.

So useless.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
She is the worst, and Kakashi would destroy her.

How just how, I can't think of a single thing that puts him beyond high but average Jounin tier, if he still had his Sharingan it'd be another question entirely, but he is completely out of league in terms of the other hokages. Even his trademark Raikiri was perfected with the Sharingan, and the amount of useful ninjutsu he's copied that are actually relevant in a battle are low. Tsunade wasn't the strongest but she had great utilities as a Hokage, Kakashi has nothing beyond his brains which while commendable aren't relevant in this discussion.

I still wonder how he even got the job.

Frog-fu

Banned

She should've asked her demigod ancestor for some power ups. It's all the rage with the other members of Team 7. #useless

ghstwrld

When the best part of your character is acting as a book, then that's not a good thing. The only thing I remember her doing was protecting Naruto/ Sasuke when they got knocked out, and even then Rock Lee and Ino's group had to help her.

Outside of that, I don't think she ever contributed, she didn't help at all against Zabuza and Haku. And she wasn't even in the last two arcs of Part 1.

there's also the whole bit where she functions as an emotional compass and audience surrogate, describing emotional tone; maintaining equilibrium and orientation; determining purpose and direction; providing energy and coordination to pursue certain activity and so on

360pages

there's also the whole bit where she functions as an emotional compass and audience surrogate, describing emotional tone; maintaining equilibrium and orientation; determining purpose and direction; providing energy and coordination to pursue certain activity and so on

You pretty much described Max from pokemon Advance seasons. You know, Max, everyone favorite pokemon character.

Heroman

Banned
How just how, I can't think of a single thing that puts him beyond high but average Jounin tier, if he still had his Sharingan it'd be another question entirely, but he is completely out of league in terms of the other hokages. Even his trademark Raikiri was perfected with the Sharingan, and the amount of useful ninjutsu he's copied that are actually relevant in a battle are low. Tsunade wasn't the strongest but she had great utilities as a Hokage, Kakashi has nothing beyond his brains which while commendable aren't relevant in this discussion.

I still wonder how he even got the job.

My problem with her that she was so fucking weak , I mean any other hokage would have beaten Pein and they would put up a fight against madara. While Kakashi has alway been in a werid zone in which sometimes he storng as shit while other he real weak. But beside gai he is the strongest Jounin they got.

I wonder if the Fairy Tail fanbase is like this.

The difference there is for the most part the ships are pretty cut and dry

Gray x Juvia
Erza x Jellal

The only remotely contested one is Natsu X Lucy or Lisanna, all the other main ships have been confirmed canon at this point or like the above are pretty cut and dry but nobody discusses them.

I said she had her uses and her moments, not that Kishimoto actually gave a fuck about her outside of a pairing perspective. She was the designated damsel in distress in Part I; in the Forest of Death and during Naruto VS Gaara.

Regardless of her role in Part I, it doesn't change the fact that tired old memes like "lol skura usles" got old years. Those bandwagoning insults aren't accurate and it's aggravating to read them in this thread.

Sakura has been useless everywhere but in the Sasori fight. Fact.

Oh, and I guess her medical ninjutsu gave her useful sideline time alongside the other nameless characters. So.

EDIT: I'm starting to think that some of you have ascribed usefulness to the female characters that has never been displayed or even hinted at in the story. Really, your disappointment is your own fault. I'm not pressed.

My problem with her that she was so fucking weak , I mean any other hokage would have beaten Pein and they would put up a fight against madara. While Kakashi has alway been in a werid zone in which sometimes he storng as shit while other he real weak. But beside gai he is the strongest Jounin they got.

The Third would have been wrecked by Pein! The Fourth had the benifit of being a sealing master. Tsunade is by no means weak. Her skill set is medical justu. and her monstrous strength will only go so far against someone like Pein. And please let not forget that it was Tsunade skills that saved most of the people's lives when Pein destroyed the leaf.

Despite having far less screen time, Hinata has more important moments in part 2 of the manga compared to Sakura. Sakura is literally a one trick pony where after the Sasori fight her only major contributions are telling Naruto she "loves" him to get him to stop chasing Sasuke, and to punch a fake Neji during the war.

Oh, and I guess her medical ninjutsu gave her useful sideline time alongside the other nameless characters. So.

EDIT: I'm starting to think that some of you have ascribed usefulness to the female characters that has never been displayed or even hinted at in the story. Really, your disappointment is your own fault. I'm not pressed.

For fucks sake....

Yado

Anything I've said in Sakur'a defense have been actual events that happened in the manga. I wouldn't try to make her seem more important than she is because I know how it is for women in the Narutoverse. If characters usefulness was based on how often we got to see them fight then Naruto would be the only useful character.

Frog-fu

Banned

This post is garbage.

Heroman

Banned
The Third would have been wrecked by Pein! The Fourth had the benifit of being a sealing master. Tsunade is by no means weak. Her skill set is medical justu. and her monstrous strength will only go so far against someone like Pein. And please let not forget that it was Tsunade skills that saved most of the people's lives when Pein destroyed the leaf.

Of the 3rd would lose as he i a old man but If this was prime 3rd than it would be a different story.Ya cool she is a the best medical ninja and stuff but she is still the hokage and is suppose to be the strongest ninja in the villages which she has never shown to be . If any other hokage was there they would have beaten him.

Too much truth

Heroman

Banned

Yo man she is totally useful, remember time that she ,um, well, eh... heal that guy.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom