• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmlk

lol wut....doing housework somehow relegates everything else about a character....the fuck is wrong with some of you.

image.php

Your avatar says it all.

I applaud housewives for running the family and raising a generation.

NO ONE IS SAYING that housework relegates a character. We just expect Sakura to do what she worked so hard for.

Maddocks

I have re-read the chapters 5 times now and each time I'm sad. I kinda wanted to see a nice little scene with naruto with his wife, but I guess they are saving that for the movie.

Sasuke looks pimp as fuck in the future, looks like a dude you just don't want to mess with. Wonder why he is still exploring the world, clean up past messes must take a long time. Good to see my girl ten ten still cute as ever. I wanted more though, I really did want a cheesy ass final picture with everyone we know grown up and doing a group photo type thing. Maybe in the future.

Karsha

Can someone clarify me, what's the mini series about and when does it start? And what's the "see you in spring!" message about, Naruto sequel or some other unrelated Kishi work?

isn't already confirmed that she's the leaf's chief medical officer?

It seems the salt is still there -____-

I hate you Kishi, you killed her character development just because she did not get with they guy I wanted to her to get with........just sad, are guys even hearing yourselves?

NO ONE IS SAYING that housework relegates a character. We just expect Sakura to not let go of what she worked so hard for.

who said she did....seriously I'm only seeing such talk from a certain group and we all know that group. Is there anything wrong in cleaning the house? Guess I should tell my mom, that she's ca't be a doctor because she cleans the house.

Frog-fu

Banned

I hate you Kishi, you killed her character development just because she did not get with they guy I wanted to her to get with........just sad, are guys even hearing yourselves?

Are you going to dismiss every post that disagrees with your warped views on romance as salt?

This.

Never mind the fact she had the lack of self respect and dignity to let Sasuke touch her, why the fuck couldn't we see her do what she was trained to do? Instead of being a housewife, why not show her running the hospital or a training a generation of medics? This shit is disgusting.

This post makes no fucking sense why should Sakura have a problem with Sasuke touching her.
Both Naruto and Sakura wanted old Sasuke back which is what happen so they forgive him.

I really think they should have just ended it with 699 and just shown a page of Naruto as Hokage at the end. Distant Epilogues are just trash.

who said she did....seriously I'm only seeing such talk from a certain group and we all know that group. Is there anything wrong in cleaning the house? Guess I should tell my mom, that she's ca't be a doctor because she cleans the house.

Are you STILL under the deluded impression that our criticisms come from the lack of Naruto and Sakura?

What a ride. Been a long time coming. I followed this series on and off since... '05-'06 I believe and i'm glad the series finally closes it's doors.

Instead of being a housewife, why not show her running the hospital or a training a generation of medics? This shit is disgusting.

She most likely is still a medic and they might cover that in the "mini series".

If I were to guess, I think that housewife scene was supposed to give readers the message that Sakura and Sasuke end up having a daughter together. Which is probably what Kishimoto wanted to focus on-- "family" since he talked about being a new father now. He wanted to focus more on that theme with the characters being adults now. Things might've been too ambiguous if they just showed Sakura in the hospital and that little girl says "i'm home" to a mysterious figure. lol

Naruto even tells his son that the village is also his "family" so that probably is the theme Kishimoto's focusing on.

Frog-fu

Banned
This post makes no fucking sense why should Sakura have a problem with Sasuke touching her.
Both Naruto and Sakura wanted old Sasuke back which is what happen so they forgive him.

He tried to kill her more than once.

He tried to kill Naruto more than once.

He tried to kill her sensei and master.

She may have forgiven him, but SasuSaku shouldn't have happened. NaruHina, sure, but SasuSaku is a shit pairing and it will go down in history as such.

What a ride. Been a long time coming. I followed this series on and off since... '05-'06 I believe and i'm glad the series finally closes it's doors.

She most likely is still a medic and they might cover that in the "mini series".

If I were to guess, I think that housewife scene was supposed to give readers the message that Sakura and Sasuke end up having a daughter together. Which is probably what Kishimoto wanted to focus on-- "family" since he talked about being a new father now. He wanted to focus more on that theme with the characters being adults now. Things might've been too ambiguous if they just showed Sakura in the hospital and that little girl says "i'm home" to a mysterious figure. lol
You could just have Salada meet Sakura at her office while Sakura is working. She calls her mom, she doesn't just say I'm home.

Averon

No resolution regarding Orochimaru or Team Hawk is annoying. Maybe that will be addressed in the movie, but I doubt it.

Kabuto, too.

image.php

Your avatar says it all.

I applaud housewives for running the family and raising a generation.

NO ONE IS SAYING that housework relegates a character. We just expect Sakura to do what she worked so hard for.

Sakura was train to be a medical ninja but with times being so peaceful she just spending some time with her daughter lol .
The move should fill in some of what happen .

EhoaVash

Well this is the end for now

Now to wait a year for the movie to be released. AFUCak

Sigh...I really wish all the characters got together in the end in one panel

Hate that sasuke is still out somewhere, naruto hinata not in the same panel etc >.<

Namikaze1

You could just have Salada meet Sakura at her office while Sakura is working. She calls her mom, she doesn't just say I'm home.
Or a panel where Salada comes home, finds it empty, sighs, and says her mom is probably working at the hospital. People would instantly know who it would be.
And just in case, next panel would be of Sakura operating on someone.

Nudull

Banned
It's pretty fucked how Sakura got the shortest stick in the grand scheme of things. I was rooting for her to grow as a character in Part 2, and then boom, all that potential wasted because we needed her to pine over a murderous psychopath again. The whole "happily being a generic anime/manga housewife with a kid while dad is god knows where" bit was the cherry on top.

That's actually a good idea. There could've been many ways Kishimoto could have handled this chapter but in the end-- What we got was what we got. I think this is fine. A bit rushed with some loose ends but it's fine in my opinion.

It's pretty fucked how Sakura got the shortest stick in the grand scheme of things. I was rooting for her to grow as a character in Part 2, and then boom, all that potential wasted because we needed her to pine over a murderous psychopath again. The whole "happily being a generic anime/manga hosewife with a kid while dad is god knows where" bit was the cherry on top.

Hell, I don't even think Bulma had it this bad

Frog-fu

Banned
The one thing I'll admit to being "salty" over is Sakura straight up ignoring Naruto when she arrived. Not a single word spoken between them, and it's neither character's fault. None of this contrived shit is. The blame lies solely with Kishimoto.

Also, skyscrapers and fucking laptops.

She may have forgiven him, but SasuSaku shouldn't have happened. NaruHina, sure, but SasuSaku is a shit pairing and it will go down in history as such.

Don't forget that he threatened to kill everyone in the leaf village. I'm pretty sure Sakura's mother and father lives there....

sasuke_91

Chapter 699 was mostly satisfying, 700 wasn't. I expected more from the "future" chapter.
Naruto's son looks stupid, and his name is just as stupid. His daughter looks even more stupid, given that she has the same hair style. Sakura's daughter is the only one I would consider good in terms of character design.
I guess we'll see more in the movie and this was just a glimpse of what is to come?

I've been watching Naruto for 9 years, reading for almost 6 years. Reading the last chapters was harder than I imagined T^T

Won

A chapter filled with fanfiction shipping and silly child names. I guess that's what the target audience wants.

He did all of that to Naruto also only difference is he not fucking him but they still good friends .
What he did in past no longer matter to both Naruto or Sakura so why would she not want to be with he now that he better .

Zoe

Does it bother anyone else that traces of Minato are gone from Naruto and his kids :\

Oh well, as far as I'm concerned, the series ended at 699.

Heysoos

It's pretty fucked how Sakura got the shortest stick in the grand scheme of things. I was rooting for her to grow as a character in Part 2, and then boom, all that potential wasted because we needed her to pine over a murderous psychopath again. The whole "happily being a generic anime/manga housewife with a kid while dad is god knows where" bit was the cherry on top.

Yeah, I was never the biggest Sakura fan, and it seems Kishi wasn't either. Geez. :/

Frog-fu

Banned
Don't forget that he threatened to kill everyone in the leaf village. I'm pretty sure Sakura's mother and father lives there....

Yeah, there's that too.

He did all of that to Naruto also only difference is he not fucking him but they still good friends .
What he did in past no longer matter to both Naruto or Sakura so why would she not want to be with he now that he better .

They forgave, they didn't forget. No one forgot.

Sakura should've moved on, alone or with someone else. For the vast majority of 700 chapters, Sasuke treated her like shit. You know that. Forgiving him for all of that, is one thing, but to then settle down with him? No fucking way.

Was it just me or did the skyscrapers seem out of place?

Like the setting in Naruto in general usually looks real "country-like" so it's weird to see skyscrapers when there's no cars around... Everything else doesn't look as modern.

ElFly

Was it just me or did the skyscrapers seem out of place?

Like the setting in Naruto in general usually looks real "country-like" so it's weird to see skyscrapers when there's no cars around... Everything else doesn't look as modern.

There was always a level of technology in the Naruto world.

I guess they didn't get cars cause everyone just jumps around but they always had electricity and computers. Hell, in one of the early missions they had wireless communicators.

it looks like something straight out of Gintama

Right?

There was always a level of technology in the Naruto world.

I guess they didn't get cars cause everyone just jumps around but they always had electricity and computers. Hell, in one of the early missions they had wireless communicators.

That's true. Still...it just looked real weird to me when the rest of the village below looked the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom