• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ending still doesn't feel right to me. There's no closure to it in my opinion. I personally feel the movie isn't going to give us a closure on somethings either.
yeah, that's the only thing it's missing for me.

I'm guessing this is what the movie is for, but time-skip 15 years later really leaves a ton of questions unanswered.

Now that it's over, time to get this out of the way. Members should consider posting potential avatars for people who were going to have the thread collectively decide them.

NARUTO AVATAR BETS COMPILATION POST

NOT EVERYONE LISTED ACTUALLY BET AN AVATAR, SOME WERE JUST PREDICTING FOR FUN AS NOTED IN PARENTHESES

Default bet suggestion seems to be a one month change to something collectively determined by the thread. Individuals still determine the scope and terms of their bet even if not explicitly stated though. Example: You decide whether the movie counts even if you didn't post manga only bet (may only matter for tertiary bets like Kakashi).

CORRECTLY PREDICTED BETS, NO AVATAR CHANGE

TEAM NARUTO / HINATA

TheRealTalker (Thread chooses avatar)

Welfare (Thread Chooses avatar)

TheKaeptain

Khezu

Brinstar

FZZPure (Manga+Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if wrong)

Dusk Soldier

G-Unit

SargerusBR

volgihn (thread chooses avatar)

zedreamcast (Supporting but not betting avatar)

Vermillion (Supporting but not betting avatar)

TEAM SASUKE / SAKURA

Psycho_Mantis (Manga bet only)

Dusk Soldier

FZZPure (Manga+Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if wrong)

zedreamcast (Supporting but not betting avatar)

TEAM SAI / INO

Dusk Soldier

TEAM KAKASHI FOREVER ALONE

Dusk Soldier

Dahbomb (Manga + Movie)

INCORRECTLY PREDICTED BETS, AVATAR CHANGE

TEAM NARUTO / SAKURA

Frog-fu (Thread chooses avatar)

Pein

PeakPointMatrix

TacticalFox88

Laughing Banana

Zoe (Supporting but not betting avatar)

Winterfang (Supporting but not betting avatar)

-Pyromaniac- (Supporting but not bettting avatar)

Rainy (Supporting but not betting avatar)

ghstwrld (?Supporting but not betting avatar?)

Niks (Supporting but not betting avatar)

googleplex (Supporting but not betting avatar)

ishibear (Supporting but not betting avatar)

TEAM SAKURA / LEE

Ponn01

Heroman

TEAM SASUKE / KARIN

Laughing Banana (Supporting but not betting avatar)

TEAM NO PAIRINGS AKA TEAM WRONG AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE

Brawndo Addict (Manga + Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if Naru/Saku happens, thread chooses otherwise)

Dahbomb (Manga bet only)

DryEyeRelief (Supporting but not betting avatar)

TEAM INO / CHOJI

TEAM LEE / TEN TEN

TEAM YAMATO / SOMEONE

Dusk Solider

Zoe

The one thing I'll admit to being "salty" over is Sakura straight up ignoring Naruto when she arrived. Not a single word spoken between them, and it's neither character's fault. None of this contrived shit is. The blame lies solely with Kishimoto.

Ugh, I didn't even notice that. Absolutely zero interaction in both chapters. That's fucking bullshit.

Series now ends on 698 for me.

Shouldn't Team Tenten/Lee be filed under unconfirmed territory? We see Lee has a kid but nowhere it's mentioned who the mother is.

ED: It doesn't matter because no one who posted about that pairing was actually betting their avatar.

I think if you made a positive claim you need positive evidence. Otherwise you could still say that's Karin's kid, Kakashi could be with someone, Yamato too, etc etc. Some of those tertiary bets were not made as earnestly as others so I personally don't care if people don't change them for stuff like Lee/TenTen.

Plus, Lee and Guy are not related, they just wore the same training suits and looked the same. I see no reason to assume that this kid is related.

Percy

Banned
So... uh... what became of the likes of Orochimaru, Karin, Kabuto and the rest who basically cameo'd in the penultimate chapter and then never showed up again. Shouldn't they all have been thrown in prison or something?

Also, where did the Bijuu all go? Was Kurama still sealed in Naruto at the end? Was it still just half of him? Did Choji ever actually interact with that woman he married before this epilogue at all? That time skip was completely unnecessary... there should have been more time spent in the period in the penultimate chapter tying everything up instead.

Felt rushed, but I enjoy the idea that Tenten was seemingly the only one in the entire village who ended up with no one. She was useless from the start and should be rewarded accordingly.

its amazing that theres already burrito x salad shipping and fanart

Ha! Those names are terrible on every level.

A bit salty most side characters simply got brushed under the rug at the end. Some of the match ups seem a little tacked on, too, I felt (Sai and Ino).

Sakura's willingness for Sasuke is dumbfounded. I would have much rather have seen her stay single and become a mentaly unstable woman. Won't be surprised if Sasuke is planting seeds across the world. Serious.

Not much to say about Naruto and Hinata other than, "yay".
What's the girl's name? Takomi (Taco?)

Also felt time was not kind to some characters e.g. Iruka, Gai. Some aged, some look the same. I'll chalk it up to average illustration/colour work.

Shino should be with Shikamaru as Naruto's posse/advisors, though, come on. Dude had his head straight unlike the rest.

Overall, after all these years, my verdict is in;

Sakura for worst character
Kakashi for best

Are you going to dismiss every post that disagrees with your warped views on romance as salt?

Are you STILL under the deluded impression that our criticisms come from the lack of Naruto and Sakura?

The salt is referring the knee jerk reactions and insults that a the narusaku fandom are having, trashing the author, the manga and character that they once liked just because they had interpreted things incorrectly and their pairing was a ruse. People who don't even watch Naruto are laughing at these reactions and though it was somewhat expected I never imagined the reactions being so ludicrous.

Warped.....lol NaruSaku is the very definition of a warped pairing. Constantly ignoring the material Kishi through right in our faces since the very beginning, the constant reminders of Sakura's unwavering love for Sasuke, of Hinata's love for Naruto, how Sakura's love effected Sasuke and how Hinata's love effected Naruto but more importantly how these two girls developed by being in love with the two boys. Naruto and Hinata marrying and Sasuke and Sakura marrying is the perfect ending for both of these couples....it fits perfectly with whats being occurring throughout the entire manga. There was very little if any actual romance between NS, their relationship was heartwarming but for an entirely different purpose: it showed how Sakura who once treated Naruto horribly, slowly grew to be one of his closest friends.

So Sauske "saw the world" in those 15 years and in 700 he's just taking a stroll but still lives in the village, yes?

Seems like he's returning from a mission. In 699 he leaves on his journey so at some point, as he promises to Sakura, he returns, marries her and has a kid....so yeah I reckon he does live in the village since thats where his house is.

Namikaze1

ED: It doesn't matter because no one who posted about that pairing was actually betting their avatar.

I think if you made a positive claim you need positive evidence. Otherwise you could still say that's Karin's kid, Kakashi could be with someone, Yamato too, etc etc. Some of those tertiary bets were not made as earnestly as others so I personally don't care if people don't change them for stuff like Lee/TenTen.

Plus, Lee and Guy are not related, they just wore the same training suits and looked the same. I see no reason to assume that this kid is related.
Ah. Your rules then. Got it.

Also Sakura looks way too beautiful wut.

I agree. Sakura looking very pretty

tumblr_nemck706qt1tfrbyko2_400.png

Ezalc

He is the teacher. With beetle buttons on the collar. Mr.Godot-wannabe.

Oh wow that wasn't clear at all to me. Not bad but I do agree with you that he should have been an advisor. Only person in the entire manga that is more rational besides probably Shikamaru.

Question NarutoGAF, how long did it take before the manga revealed that the 4th was Naruto's dad?

Was there a reason why the 3rd in the beginning would refer to the 4th putting the fox in a baby rather than telling Iruka it was "his" baby? Was it supposed to be kept a secret?

Ah. Your rules then. Got it.

Not sure if that's intended to be snarky or not, but you can read in my compilation post that:

Individuals still determine the scope and terms of their bet even if not explicitly stated though.

It's just my opinion that if you made a bet that something would happen, you were making a bet that said outcome would be canon, not just merely possible. No one has to follow that interpretation, they can do what they want.

ED: I even alluded to this in my original post you quoted:
Some of those tertiary bets were not made as earnestly as others so I personally don't care if people don't change them for stuff like Lee/TenTen.

Pein

Banned
Question NarutoGAF, how long did it take before the manga revealed that the 4th was Naruto's dad?

Was there a reason why the 3rd in the beginning would refer to the 4th putting the fox in a baby rather than telling Iruka it was "his" baby? Was it supposed to be kept a secret?
You don't want everybody knowing who your jinchuriki is.
Until the end of pain fight

bjork

That dude that had Naruto steal the scroll in like chapter 1 knew it was Naruto, so I think it was only supposed to be a secret from Naruto himself. I think?

We learned around chapter 360, around the time Jiraiya talked with Tsunade before leaving to go to the rain village and fight pain

The 4th said it himself it was to protect naruto. i guess he felt like if people knew he was the son of the 4th everyone would be looking to kill naruto for revenge or for the assumption that he would inherit his jutsu.

Ahh okay thanks. I hadn't read the beginning chapters in so long so I forgot the 4th was supposed to be kept ambiguous in his relationship to his son.

So... uh... what became of the likes of Orochimaru, Karin, Kabuto and the rest who basically cameo'd in the penultimate chapter and then never showed up again. Shouldn't they all have been thrown in prison or something?

Also, where did the Bijuu all go? Was Kurama still sealed in Naruto at the end? Was it still just half of him? Did Choji ever actually interact with that woman he married before this epilogue at all? That time skip was completely unnecessary... there should have been more time spent in the period in the penultimate chapter tying everything up instead.

Felt rushed, but I enjoy the idea that Tenten was seemingly the only one in the entire village who ended up with no one. She was useless from the start and should be rewarded accordingly.
This is why epilogues suck. They never answer anything properly. If you want to be open ended, be open ended, not half assed like Harry Potter

Don't understand how people don't get Sai and Ino being together. Sai (accidentally) calling her cute in their first interaction is enough for me to think that there was enough of a seed planted to allow the two to eventually become interested romantically in the course of 15/20 years.

And come on, after all of their comedic chemistry together, on top of TenTen's and Rock Lee's appearances being back to back, it's not farfetched to assume they're together. Do things have to be so spelled out?

Namikaze1

Don't understand how people don't understand Sai and Ino. Sai (accidentally) calling her cute in their first interaction is enough for me to think that there was enough of a seed planted to allow the two to eventually become interested romantically in the course of 15/20 years.

And come on, after all of their comedic chemistry together, on top of TenTen's and Rock Lee's appearances being back to back, it's not farfetched to assume they're together. Do things have to be so spelled out?
Apparently they need to be for some.

bjork

Don't understand how people don't get Sai and Ino being together. Sai (accidentally) calling her cute in their first interaction is enough for me to think that there was enough of a seed planted to allow the two to eventually become interested romantically in the course of 15/20 years.

Yes. Unless I see the actual intercourse, there's no way to confirm who got with whom.

You know what the ending reminded me of? Harry Potter "s ending... A lot. It wasn't a bad ending.. It was kinda meh but I'm happy. I think maybe the movie will help a bit unless it's before the epilogue.

Bolts gonna be OP as fuck

CronoShot

So Salad (lol) and Bolt's eventual kids will be OP as fuuuuuck.

Anyway, I did like 700. But with 699 I don't think there was enough of an epilogue immediately after the war. Felt really rushed.

So Salad (lol) and Bolt's eventual kids will be OP as fuuuuuck.

Anyway, I did like 700. But I don't think there was enough of an epilogue immediately after the war. Felt really rushed.
That's what the movie and mini-series about naruto's kid will be for I guess.

I LOVED Naruto as hokage. Looks so much better with kishimoto drawing it. Konohamaru being Bolt's sensei is another detail I liked as well. I still think the whole EVERYONE HAS KIDS thing is stupid but what can ya do. As for Sakura ignoring naruto. Meh. Naruto has moved onto bigger and better things it looks like.

I also feel like it was a bit rushed but that's expected. A manga running this long could never wrap up neatly in a chapter. I'm glad they're doing epilogue stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom